Sneeze Fetish Forum

Just I Couldn't Get A Cold On a Slow Weekend (self, M)

GhostLily342

As the title suggests, I caught a cold earlier this week, and a typical one in my case: almost no sneezing, but an endlessly runny nose. I also have plenty to do this weekend. Go figure.

In addition to teaching, I also coach the speech and debate team at school, and we just happened to have a tournament yesterday. Lacking in foresight as I was, I only packed three packages of Kleenex.

My nose largely cooperated until later in the morning, at which point it started running like a tap without ceasing. Amidst ushering my students to their rounds, I took my own rounds of blowing, sniffling, blowing, wiping, sniffling, and more blowing. It didn't take long for me to be down to the last half of my last pack of tissues.

In the afternoon, I was recruited to judge the semifinal round of a speech event. Reluctantly I agreed, picked up my ballots, and went to the room. The performers got underway soon after.

Then, after almost a whole day with none of it, I had to sneeze. I felt it blossoming in the back of my nose, and as subtly as possible began rummaging through my bag for a Kleenex.

It is generally considered bad form to make any noise or disruption during speech performances, so I continued rustling through my bag as quietly as I could, while fighting the impending sneeze. I bit my tongue, wrinkled my nose, tried anything to keep this thing from erupting before I could retrieve my tissues! Meanwhile, my nose is on the verge of spilling over, so I'm sniffling like mad.

Finally, I recovered the tissues at the bottom of my bag, tore several of them out, and let it fly: "HHUH-CHHH!"

The performer actually stopped what they were doing and said "Bless you," as did the other judges. Embarrassed, I proceeded to blow my nose as softly as possible.

As the day drew to a close, so did my tissue supply, but my nose didn't seem to care, so I grabbed a stack of napkins from the concession stand. Not. Fun. At all. My nose was already red and raw enough, and these only made it far worse.

As I sat at our table, blowing into napkins and groaning miserably, one of my students reached into her purse and pulled out her own pack of Kleenex. Holding them out to me, she said, "Need a Kleenex, Mr. __________?" Gratefully, I took several and shoved them in my pockets, along with my remaining napkins.

I guess if this cold had struck me when I had no reason to be out, I wouldn't have much to write about now, would I?

I feel very bad for you, because I know this feeling, although I confess I've never had to deal with this whilst teaching or judging anything. ^^; But nevertheless, your self-obs is pretty damn adorable. I hope you feel much better!

Thank you all! I'm feeling a bit better now, but I'm keeping the tissues close nonetheless!

I teach Early English Lit. and a few composition courses, although I may not teach those same classes next year, since we like to shuffle them around the department.

Archived