Sneeze Fetish Forum

Emi's Ace Attorney Drabbles

Flufferdust

Hey, everyone! So lately I've fallen (almost way too hard) into the Ace Attorney fandom, and I've been trying my hand at writing drabbles! I've played all of the games and I'm currently playing through the series again to try and figure out characterizations and how I want to write certain characters, so please bear with me as I work through these! I do plan on working with as many characters as I can (Including female characters, as well) as I figure out how to write them smile.png So please enjoy!

** I will put spoiler warnings before certain drabbles if they contain any major spoilers from the games!

Care

Characters: Phoenix, Maya, Pearl

Words: 807

UP'TSHOO! HUP'TCHHH! HA'TSHHOOO! Huhh...Haaaa'TSCHH!

Phoenix attempted a sniffle, settling back into his spot on the couch with an exhausted groan.

“Bless you!” the youngest Fey replied immediately, and her elder cousin smiled.

“Jeez Nick, you gonna make it?”

“Doubt it,” he muttered under his breath, pressing the back of his hand against the washcloth on his forehead to try and ease some more of the moisture on his boiling skin.

He'd spent most of the day before and today lying on the couch, especially grateful that he hadn't had any calls to office (client or otherwise) for almost a week now. Which was almost a blessing with the horrible cold that'd taken over him. He didn't feel like leaving the couch to face a whip, or even worse...a certain someone else in his condition. Just the thought triggered a tickle that instantly sent him snapping forward near his arm to prevent infecting everyone in the room.

HUH'ATSCHHH! HRUP'SHHOO!

“Bless you!” Pearl said again and when he glanced in her direction, he noticed that her eyes were wide in concern as she pushed yet another glass of water across the coffee table.

“J-Just joki'g, Pearls,” he added quickly, but when her frown didn't falter, he reached a shaky hand for the glass and took another large sip.

This seemed to help deter her suspicion, but only added to the uncomfortable feeling in his stomach. All this water with nothing to eat was starting to make him almost sick, but he couldn't possibly deny the gesture of worry from the young girl who was staring at him as though he were on his death bed. He almost had to wonder just how much sickness Pearl had witnessed first-hand.

“See? It's helpi'g, thagk you.”

Pearl beamed, reaching for the blanket and pulling it back up to Phoenix's chest. He offered her a gentle smile in return before he could swear he'd heard a stomach growl. He didn't feel it himself, and Maya had yet to utter a complaint, so that could only mean...

Phoenix raised an eyebrow and Pearl tried to direct her nervous smile elsewhere. Come to think of it, he couldn't exactly remember the last time he'd seen either of them have anything to eat that day. They'd spent most of it sitting around the office, watching television or making attempts to care for him.

“Y-You kdow,” he started, already beginning to feel the emptiness of his wallet. “I think have a little money left, if you guys wadted to go get sobethig.”

It was the least he could do, seeing as they hadn't left his side and for a moment, he could almost see stars in Maya's eyes.

“Thanks!” she said before laughing sadly. “But I already checked your wallet, Nick. We're broke.”

'“We're”?' Phoenix thought before pulling the washcloth over his eyes. Maybe the lack of clients lately wasn't as much of a privilege as he'd first thought. He took in a deep breath before he contemplated giving away one of his secret hiding spots. If he did, he'd definitely have to think up a new one by the time they returned. When Pearl's stomach growled again, he sighed.

“The bottom left drawer of my desk,” he muttered. “In the tin with the Steel Samurai on the side. There should be enough in there for food.”

A smile quickly replaced his frown when Maya jumped out her seat. “R-Really?! Are you sure?”

“Yeah...Just, don't spedd it all, ogkay? That's all I have until I get adother case.”

Maya hardly seemed to be listening as she sprinted off towards the office faster than Phoenix had ever seen her move. “You're the best!”

Pearl, however, didn't seem as excited to leave. “Do you want anything, Mr. Nick?”

Phoenix sniffled, resisting the urge to blow his nose until they'd leave.

“Dah,” he replied, rubbing at his nose to fend off the tickle that had begun to tease him again. “I'b guessi'g Baya's godda wadt burgers, add I'b dot really id the bood for theb. I'll scrape sobethigg together here.”

She seemed hesitant, but when Maya returned practically glowing, she couldn't help but feel better.

“We won't be long! Try to get some sleep.”

Phoenix turned towards the cushions before exploding into another bout of sneezing.

H-HUT'CHOO! HUR'SHOOOO! HUP-HUP'TCHHH! T'SCHHH!

“Bless you, Mr. Nick!”

He sniffled wetly, carefully keeping his back turned as he let a hand cover his streaming nose.

“T-Thagg you...” he mumbled miserably.

Maya gave Pearl a reassuring pat on the back. “You've gotta be starving by now, so don't worry. Nick'll be fine.”

After a moment, she added. “And if he dies, you and I could take turns channeling him! It's win-win.”

Pearl's face turned white as a sheet and Phoenix could feel even more beads of sweat rolling down his forehead.

“Gee thagks, Baya...”

So I had another one of these sitting in my folder that I figured I might as well post it :)

Gumshoe, this time around!

**This one has a slight spoiler, which is Edgeworth's occupation in Dual Destinies. So if you haven't played DD and you really don't want that little detail spoiled, I wouldn't read. ^ ^;

That's the only spoiler in here, and I actually wrote this one because of the lack of Gumshoe (And Maya ;A;) in Dual Destinies.

Characters: Dick Gumshoe, Miles Edgeworth

Words: 814

"Hahhh'KTCHHHHUHHH!"

Gumshoe froze in horror when Edgeworth jolted, the pocket watch practically launching from his grasp before landing into a nearby puddle with a sickening "plop!"

It almost seemed to happen in dream-like slow motion, but at the same time reminded him of something from those Saturday morning cartoons he'd notice when he flipped through the channels. But there was no denying how real it was. He swallowed thickly, his mouth instantly dry as every apology imaginable died on his tongue when Edgeworth turned to face him.

The Chief Prosecutor watched in silence as the detective's complexion slowly faded from an uneasy pale to an almost ghostly white, accented with rosy cheeks. It took everything in his power not to snap as he glowered down at the pocket watch that lay in the mud, wondering just how much evidence, if any, had been on it. All remains of perfectly formed fingerprints were likely gone by this point, but he supposed he'd wait until forensics got a good look at it.

"Detective," he said sharply, reaching into the puddle with a gloved hand before sliding it into a bag. When he turned to face Gumshoe, who looked about ready to explode from anxiety at this point, he added."Do you mind?"

Gumshoe shook his head immediately, water falling from his hair like a shaggy, wet dog as he struggled to find an excuse and instead continued to pull up agonizing blanks.

"Yes, sir. N-No, sir!" He finally slumped, trying to disguise another shudder by jamming his hands into his trench coat pockets with another sniffle. "I-I'b sorry."

He could hardly make eye contact, looking at the ground with as long as possible before

Edgeworth sighed under his breath, assuming that this must be the beginnings of the very same flu that had caused such a flurry of absences in the police department and even knocked Klavier off of his feet. It certainly wasn't his first choice to come poke around for evidence in a downpour, but he figured that Detective Gumshoe hadn't wanted to just a slight bit more. But before he could even contemplate sympathetic thoughts, he was torn from them by another violent. "Huhhhh'RAHPSHHHHUHH!"

Once again, Edgeworth nearly jumped out of his skin before muttering "Your wife let you out of the house in this condition?"

Gumshoe, even from the distance between them, must have heard him and shrugged sheepishly. Edgeworth noted in silent disgust that his nose was running down his lip, and quickly returned his gaze to the bag in his palm as he rose back to his feet.

"Maggey's beed fightigg this too," the Detective replied softly, his worry beginning to take over his features. "We cad't both be out of work."

Edgeworth almost asked what could possibly be wrong with that when he realized that he hadn't been in charge of Gumshoe's payment for years now. He'd gone to the wedding, but he'd only heard bits and pieces of how his life had been going outside of work. Last that he heard, they were sharing an apartment not very far from the Police Department, in case either of them were called into work in the middle of the night. But now he began to wonder just how small the apartment must be...

"I see. And Detective Skye... Where does she stand, regarding this investigation?"

Gumshoe sniffled, resisting the urge to wipe his nose on his sleep.

"She's dot idvolved at all. Prosecutor Gavin figured she'd beed too busy with the Wredch idvestigatiod lately, add he did't wadt to upset her."

'Wrench Investigation?' Edgeworth thought for a moment before he remembered the talk that had spread through the office when news had just come through of a violent murder in the very back of a garage. Two men murdered due to blunt force trauma, and array of potential murder weapons strewn across the scene, and one extremely large, panicky suspect at the moment. Allen Wrench. He'd seen quite a few of the murder scene photos and they were definitely the type that stuck in your memory for quite a while.

Edgeworth twisted the umbrella in his free hand, shaking the excess water off. "Go home, Detective."

"B-But, sir-"

"I can't risk you ruining anything important, I'm sure you understand."

Gumshoe opened his mouth as if to protest, before his face scrunched back up, sending him into his poor sleeve once again. "Huuhh'ASHHH! Ahh'PLSHHHH!"

Unable to argue further, he hunched over with a nod.

"I will see to it that you receive a full day's pay," Edgeworth added, running his gloved fingers over the place in the bag that held the pocket watch. "Go home to your wife."

He wasn't positive that the Detective had heard the last part, but he felt a surge of sympathy when he blubbered thank-you's and wasted hardly any time sliding into his rickety, old patrol car.

*faint screams in the distance grow louder as I run closer to you*

I love this courtroom trend that's been growing on the forum lately, oh yes I do. They're so in character and I love the way you kept all the lighthearted humor in a way that I can see the accompanying animations and hear the sound effects :D I'm so excited to see more!

I'll be watching.................

Oooooooo~~ yay more AA!!! This is my favourite game because of the characters... and you get them PERFECTLY! I'm soooo escited for more!!!! You are the best!

• 5 months later...

Wow it's been a while since I've touched this thread! I've started experimenting with more drabbles for this fandom and I have two more to share. In the future I'm hoping to get comfortable with writing more pairings and I'll be using characters from Dai Gyakuten Saiban, as well!

Picture

Characters: Sherlock Holmes, Ryuunosuke Naruhodo

Words: 720

Ryuunosuke froze as he leaned in ever-so-slightly, his eyes glued to the symbols drawn in the sand spread over the floor. He carefully watched his footing so as not to crush the tiny, delicate seashells from the same shattered vase skewed amongst the floor as he leaned over the detective’s shoulder.

“This writing, it’s…” he started, his lips parting slightly as if he we worried just a single breath would blow the powdery white sand into oblivion, erasing the very last piece of evidence that could be of any help. “It’s…”

“It’s…?” Ryuunosuke asked. He started to lean in just a tad more when a gloved hand reached back to push him back an inch by his chest.

“Don’t...move.”

Sherlock carefully adjusted the device over his eyes, a gentle finger hovering over a button on the side as it made a soft whirring noise in the nearly silent room. “This writing is… Chinese. Tell me, Mister Naruhodo...who do we know that speaks Chinese?”

Ryuunosuke gulped. “M-Mrs. Harvey. She was speaking a different language on the phone in the main lobby, but I don’t recognize…”

A silent grin crossed Sherlock’s features as the device made yet another sound, this time a slow click. It only lasted for a moment when his finger quickly jerked away from the button, his lip curling as he sucked in a quiet, but sharp, breath through dry lips.

It didn’t take more than a second for Ryuunosuke to widen his stance, clasping his hands over the detective’s mouth and pulling his body back just a few inches.

“H-Holmes-san, please!” he whispered frantically. “At least try and hold it back!”

Sherlock’s breath quickened, hitching more and more as the Japanese man tried his best to form some type of shield to the potential blast that would not only destroy the evidence, but their chance in court as well. Even with this mysterious message, Ryuunosuke knew that his chances for a not guilty verdict were slim. He pressed his hands tighter against the detective’s mouth, feeling the other’s nostrils suction against the side of his index finger with each sharp breath.

As if by some miracle, a resounding click echoed and Sherlock quickly slipped from his spot in front of Ryuunosuke, hurrying to the opposite side of the room where he raised an elbow to his face and jerked forward, missing it completely.

HUH’RUSHOO! Hahhh...HA’ASHOO! H-HUHH’TSCHHH! AHH’TSHHHH!

The device slipped from his head with the final sneeze, falling quickly before crashing onto the floor with a devastating clack!

Ryuunosuke felt his stomach sink to his feet before it uttered another grinding sound, then a final whir before a picture rolled out of the slot next to the button on the right, released another click afterward.

Sherlock hardly seemed to notice, trying once again to shield his face with a shaky gloved hand as he snapped forward, missing his target once again.

HR’ESHHHOOO! HHAAA….AHHHHH’ AHK’ASHHHOOO!

The Detective blinked dazedly before sniffling as the remnants of mist floated down to the ground, illuminated by the sunlight coming through the window.

Ryuunosuke sighed, reaching into his pocket for his handkerchief and stood.

“Bless you,” he murmured. “Bless you, Holmes-san. Are you… alright?”

Holding the handkerchief out, he found himself biting his lip in concern before Sherlock took it, gratefully blowing his nose with a loud honk.

“Ahhhh!” he announced. “That felt...wonderful!”

His expression faded for a moment and he pressed the handkerchief to his nose, sneezing loudly once more and causing it to flutter dramatically. “Huhhhh’ASHHHHOO!

“Abazi’g…” he mused once more before sniffling and crouching to pick up the device from it’s spot at his feet before pulling out a perfectly developed picture. “Got it!”

“Holmes-san, that camera...is it broken? It fell from so high up…”

Sherlock could hardly contain his laughter. “Of course not! It’s as sturdy as they come, Mister Naruhodo. As a famous detective I can only have, and only deserve, the very best! Not a scratch.”

Ryuunosuke nodded. “I.. see. I’m glad to hear that.”

The detective sniffled thickly once more before tucking it under his arm.

“Dow thed!” he said, placing the polaroid in Ryuunosuke’s palm. “I believe this is yours.”

For a moment, he glanced to the handkerchief he was still holding in his palm and added. “Add I will returd this to you later.”

Memories

Characters: Phoenix, Mia

Words: 1310

Phoenix shivered as he scribbled down yet another set of notes onto a fresh piece of notebook paper. This was so tedious, but it had to be done if he wanted to pass. He only wished this awful cold would let him be for just ten minutes.

"HUH'UTSHHH! ATSHHHH!"

He jerked forward, leaving a jarring, thick line on the page and he sniffled thickly, rubbing his eyes as he stifled a yawn.

"Bless you," Mia replied, looking up from the paperwork that covered her desk with an almost frown. "Again."

Phoenix offered her a half smile as he set his pencil down to scrub at his reddening nose. "T-Thagks, Chief."

He tried to regain focus on the book open before him, but it was no use. His skin was growing warmer by each moment and each of the words blurred and slid into one another. He sniffled again with a sigh, running his hands through his hair before resting his face in his palms that were wonderfully cool.

Just a little more, he told himself. Just a bit more and I can have a break...

"Phoenix?"

"Y-Yes?" He asked suddenly, lifting his head and trailing a string of saliva from his palm before hurrying to wipe his hand on his pants. How long had he been out?

"How much sleep did you get last night?"

He gulped softly before looking up and rubbing his nose that had begun to tickle horribly once again.

"Bore thad Tuesday dight. I actually dreabt...I...AH-HA'ATSHHH! I..."

He reached for another tissue (the last one in the box, he noticed ruefully) and blew his nose with a gurgly honk that made his mentor cringe.

"Probise," he sniffled. "I probise I've beed sleepi'g."

Mia seemed beyond unconvinced, but instead of speaking the words that were trying to slip through her lips, she nodded.

"I see, that's good to hear."

"Mb-hbb..." Phoenix muttered, rubbing his eyes again and yawning. Within seconds, his head floated down into his folded arms again with another sigh.

Mia tucked everything to the side, stacking the remaining folders before standing and making her way over to her protégé's desk.

"You're working yourself too hard, Phoenix," she said softly, before her fingertips grazed his forehead and she frowned at the heat. "Much too hard."

He shifted slightly, his mouth hanging open as he took in a congested breath and settled down further.

Even now, he hadn't changed much from the very first time she's seen him overcome with a cold. Shivery, boiling hot and drowsy from every sneeze that shook his frame and left him slumped miserably. They certainly didn't pity the guy, that was for damn sure.

She sighed, letting her hand leave a single pat between his shoulder blades before heading for the lobby and pulling the large, thick cushions off of the couch. She reached for the mattress, pulling it out as the springs groaned in protest.

It didn't take long to pull it out, taking a few sheets from the closet and tucking them into every corner before draping a quilt over it, as well. She smiled fondly at it, remembering how often she'd used it in the past and gently placed a large pillow against the back cushion of the couch.

When she finally returned to Phoenix's desk, the soon-to-be defense attorney was thoroughly sprawled over his desk, a small puddle of drool formed near his mouth. Mia smiled, closing the book on his desk and sliding his papers to the side in a neat stack.

"Phoenix."

He stirred for a moment, his eyebrows furrowing as his breath hitched sharply. Mia took a step back and Phoenix's head lifted, turning into his elbow sleepily with a loud, wet "AH'APSHYOOO! HRAP'SHUUUHHH!"

He blinked dazedly as his eyes finally focused on his mentor before him. "I-I... I'b almost..." He croaked. "I'b albost dode..."

"No, you are done. For today, at least," she said calmly.

"But..." He muttered, his eyebrows furrowing. "I cad do it."

Gosh, he hoped he didn't usually sound this whiny...

Mia carefully reached for one of his hands, immediately finding that it was extremely warm and slicked with sweat.

"You can, and you will. But not right now."

She helped him stand, letting his hand go once they made it to the lobby and Phoenix's stomach sank slightly when he noticed her rub her hand on her skirt.

"You can sleep here, alright?" She said, moving the quilt back. Phoenix didn't waste a moment shedding his jacket and sliding into the bed as it squeaked under his weight.

"T-Th-HAH'ATCHHHOO! Uhh...hhh...UHPSHOO! H-HRUTCHHHH!" His body thrashed with each sneeze that he aimed against his palm, before shivering and pulling the quilt over his shoulders tighter as he curled on his side. "T-Thagks, Chief."

"Don't mention it," she murmured with a sympathetic smile. "Sleep for now. I put everything together so you can start it up again when you feel up to it."

"I just slept..." He sniffled, grabbing another tissue. "Could I at least have by book?"

"No."

Phoenix sighed, sinking deeper into the mattress. "I did'dt thigk so..."

He yawned again after a moment, but blinked tiredly from his spot and Mia quickly grabbed the study book off of his desk, sitting beside him. His eyes were closed as he coughed and took in another thick sniffle, trying his best to drift off to sleep. He let his hand crawl into Mia's and she sighed audibly, but didn't let go. He swallowed as he listened intently to the turning of pages, but didn't quite have the energy to open his burning eyes to look.

Mia bit her lip, remembering just how rough it had been for her those years ago. She's even used the exact same book, it was much newer back then and the pages were much more crisp. Her younger sister had woken with a high fever two days before her exam and she'd spent both of those nights caring for her. Offering her tea for her throat, massaging her sore shoulders and playing with her hair until she would finally drift off to sleep. It was a wonder she'd been able to pass...

Phoenix suddenly sniffled at her side, and she subconsciously reached over to comb her fingers through his hair as she flipped through each page. It wasn't until he begun to snore a few minutes later that she realized just what had been doing and gave him one last pat on the back before making her way back to her desk.

Even though it was years back, Phoenix still felt a sense of comfort in his reminisce as he pulled out the mattress of the pull out couch. He set a glass of water on the table next to the arm of the couch when he heard a miserable "Ah...hhh-Hah'kyhuu!" echo off the walls from the doorway of his office. He looked up to find his assistant without her jacket, her arms wrapped around herself as she aimed another sneeze at the back of her wrist.

"Bless you."

He offered her a gentle smile and a tissue before taking her hand, which he noticed was sweaty and warm.

"You can sleep here, okay?"

For a moment, he froze, hearing Mia's voice in his own for the first time in a few weeks before Maya sniffled once more and slid into bed with a weak "Thagks, Dick..."

When he didn't reply, she looked up at him dazedly.

"W-Why are you sbili'g like that? What'd I biss?"

"N-Nothing," Phoenix replied, grabbing the old book from the bookshelf and catching it as the spine ripped. "Get some sleep, okay?"

He sat beside her as he began to flip through what was left, hearing Maya sigh as he reached to pet her hair, and wondered if maybe he'd leave an impression on his own student someday.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey wow, these are really good! Although what could I expect when you're writing them haha. I really liked that Gumshoe and Edgeworth one, it was so cute. I liked how he got to go home and even get a full day's pay. It was really sweet.

And all the ones with Phoenix with a cold *-* ded. Just too cute. You're gonna kill me haha.

• 2 years later...

Long time no see ;7;/ 

Investigation

Pairing: Klapollo

Words: 817

By the third time Apollo blew his nose at his desk, his boss frowned.

"Are you sure you're up for an investigation?"

Apollo rolled his eyes slightly, clearing his throat.

"I'mb find," Apollo croaked, his hoarse, crackily voice enough to make  everyone in the office cringe.

Athena crossed her arms with a sigh. "You're not, you sound like a frog."

'You sound terrible!' Widget chirped and Apollo sniffled as he placed a few folders into his backpack.

"I'b goigg."

Phoenix sighed, giving his daughter a look that she immediately understood. 

"I'll let you know when he cries uncle, Thena," Trucy said with a coy smile.

Apollo's expression dulled as his nose began to stream once more. He quickly snatched a tissue to hold up to it before frowning.

"I dod't deed a partder. I'm goi'g alode. I'll be back later."

"Sure you will," Athena said smugly, crossing her arms and Trucy waved.

"Have fun with Prosecutor Gavin, then, Polly!"

Apollo sighed as he closed the office door behind him with a shiver.

Prosecutor Gavin... He hadn't even thought about the flirtatious prosecutor until now. He found himself hoping as he steadied himself on his bike that Prosecutor Gavin would already be finished with his investigation by the time he'd arrive. Or that something important had required his presence at the Prosecutor's office.

Unfortunately, that seemed to never be the case. It almost seemed as if the former rock star could sense when Apollo would be coming, and then lost his sense when it came to knowing when he needed to take his exit.

As he finally pulled up, he noticed that the park was relatively quiet. What a relief. It even seemed as if the forensic investigation had been completed and Apollo sniffled thickly as he parked his bike and reached into his backpack for the folder holding the autopsy report.

He blinked, trying his best to focus on the tiny print when he suddenly felt a presence behind him. 

"Good afternoon, Herr Forehead."

Apollo jolted, the folder slipping from his hands and scattering the papers all over the dirt. He'd lost focus of controlling his dripping nose and quickly swiped his nose on his sleeve.

Klavier grinned, crouching to help the defense attorney with his papers.

"I apologise, I didn't mean to startle you."

Apollo gritted his teeth as he felt the burning sensation return to his sinuses again. He snatched the remainder of his papers off of the ground and swiped the few in Klavier's before he snapped forward into his elbow.

"AH'HIDJSHII! HRE'DJUUU!"

He shivered, sniffling and feeling his blood run cold as he could hear the sound of amusement from the prosecutor.

"And Gesundheit! Cold weather getting to you, as well? Poor Fraulein Skye was shaking like a leaf earlier!"

Apollo growled softly. He hated to use his miserable voice but he almost had no choice if he wanted to continue his investigation on his own.

"Do you have to be here every tibe?" He snapped, with more venom than intended.

Klavier leaned back, slightly taken aback by the defense attorney's croaky voice and quickly reached into his coat pocket for handkerchief to hand out as an offering.

Apollo turned, blocking the gesture with his shoulder as he tried to reorganize his papers.

"I'm sorry, Herr Forehead," Klavier said in a soft, genuine voice. This time he didn't come up with a comparison or excuse. "You sound just terrible. Can I do anything to help you with your investigation, or would you rather I see myself out?"

Apollo cleared his throat, sniffling and lowering his gaze to the ground. As frustrated as he was, he couldn't deny that he felt terrible. Klavier suddenly shedded his jacket, draping it over Apollo's shoulders.

"You're shaking," Klavier murmured, and Apollo had hardly noticed that he was. "If you don't want my coat, please warn me before you shake it off onto the dirt as well."

Apollo snorted. "It's fide."

Klavier frowned. "You aren't."

Apollo shivered once more. As much as he hated to admit it, he did feel terrible. He flinched as Klavier placed a hand under his chin, tilting it upward.

"As much as I would like to blame Herr Wright for this... I have a feeling that you brought this on yourself."

Apollo sighed, his nose dripping further as he suddenly reached for the black handkerchief in Klavier's hand before blowing his nose and sneezing into it thrice with quick succession.

"HA'TJIEWW! HU'RSHIEWW-EH'SHII!"

"Gesundheit, Apollo. Bless you." 

Apollo found himself quickly pulled into Klavier's embrace, feeling his warm breath on his neck and a comforting hand stroking his back.

"Now," Klavier murmured. "Who should we call to take your place while I take you home for the rest you deserve? Fraulein Cykes?"

Apollo nodded tiredly as Klavier steadied him and led him to his car with a gentle kiss to his temple.

A Sick Songbird

Friendship: Klavier Gavin and Simon Blackquill

Words: 327

“Herr Blackquill?”

Simon looks up from the papers on his desk with an eyebrow raised as Taka ruffled his feathers in preparation to head out the window if music followed the glamorous prosecutor like it had as of late. A new private album meant new songs and guinea pigs to play them to over and over….

“If you're here to serenade me with songs of affection for Justice-dono, I will stop you right there.”

Klavier smirked.

“Are you certain?” He said, his voice noticeably quieter than usual. “It's a good one.”

“I’m positive.”

He lowered his head back down to his current case files, hoping his fellow prosecutor would see himself out when suddenly a hand appeared over the manilla folder, closing it.

Simon sighed heavily.

“Gavin-dono, I don't have the time.”

Klavier swallowed. “It will only take a moment.”

Simon sighed, leaning back in his chair and rubbing his temples.

“Very well. Have at it.”

He let his eyes slip closed as he prepared himself for a melodic voice and instead got another hoarse request.

“Could you… please check my temperature?”

Simon's eyes opened immediately and he sat back up to find that Klavier was glancing away from him, ashamed.

“I would check myself but I'm afraid I can't tell the difference…”

He held out his hand weakly and Simon stood, cupping a cool hand underneath Klavier’s bangs.

“That’s certainly a fever.”

Klavier moaned softly, sounding a tad disappointed, but not surprised.

“I was hoping not, but I haven't felt myself for the past day or so…”

He cleared his throat, crossing his arms with a shiver that Simon would've missed had he not felt his temperature a moment before.

“Take a seat. I'll put the kettle on.”

Klavier shrugged, twisting a strand of hair around his index finger.

“Thank you for your hospitality, Herr Blackquill, but I really should head back to my off- Hhh’tchhu!”

“Sit. Now, Chamomile or Lemon Ginger?”

Flower Power

Pairing: Domestic! Phoenix Wright/Miles Edgeworth

Words: 1,044

Phoenix found himself leaning against his palm, tiredly gazing at his boyfriend as he ignored the remainder of the breakfast before him. Quite a lot of effort had gone into it, and he hadn't known that Miles was so skilled in the kitchen.

The prosecutor in question crinkled his nose ever-so-slightly and Phoenix grinned, poking his fork at a slice of strawberry but keeping his eyes on Miles’ lightly pink-dusted nose.

The scent of Trucy's makeshift garden on her windowsill has creeped into Phoenix's window earlier that morning, waking poor Miles with a fittish triple that caused him to snap forward with the force of them. Phoenix has tried to stroke his hair and ease his head against his shoulder to encourage more sleep but with the wet sounding sniffles and eventual nose blow, he knew it was no use.

Once more, Miles scrubbed at his nose, this time noticing his lover ogling at him from the kitchen table and he sighed.

“Are you goi’g to fidish your fruit or just codtidue to wadtch be suffer?” He asked flatly.

Phoenix stuck another grape in his mouth, smiling with the other half of his cheek.

“I’m not enjoying it. You seem pretty miserable.”

This, was only a partial lie. Of course he didn't want Miles congested, light-headed and frustrated. But he couldn't deny how cute Mile’s pre-sneeze expression was with his fluttering, grey eyelashes, his twitching, sensitive nose and his perfect lips parting way. His quick, harsh allergy sneezes were also endearing, each sounding more desperate than the one before it when it was a fit, and if it was too powerful to divide into thirds, one unrestrained, powerful sneeze that left his eyelids slipping closed blissfully and gave his spine a tingling shiver.

Miles huffed disbelievingly as he slowly reached his hand up to his mouth. He was thankfully finished preparing the food and had eaten some here and there, so if his body willed it…

He crinkled his nose one more, trying to coax the tickle into it's burning, uncontrollable stage but with no luck.

“You know,” Phoenix said, finishing off his last blueberry. “I don't think Trucy would miss it if one of the flowers from her garden went missing.”

Miles pursed his lips. “Oh, absolutely dot.”

Phoenix grinned. “Just one?”

This time Miles crossed his arms, resisting the urge to thumb at his itchy nose once more.

“You kdow as well as I that it will hardly be “just ode”. And Trucy te’ds to that garded every day, it'd be an invasiod of her privacy.”

Phoenix shrugged, standing to set his plate in the sink.

“She's offered me a flower on a few occasions. I'm sure she wouldn't mind sharing one with you, Miles.”

Miles cleared his throat and moved aside, clearing his own smaller plate from the counter.

“If she knew the intention, she would object.”

“Well,” Phoenix murmured. “Lucky for us she's out with Athena today, and I spotted the healthiest little daisy in the right-hand corner.”

Miles sighed heavily. “Ode. Just… ode.”

He could feel his cheeks heating up as Phoenix's eyes widened and he nodded in understanding before hurrying up the stairs.

Miles carefully undid the pink apron around his waist and lifted it over his head before folding it and setting it on the kitchen table. He made his way into the living room, reaching for the box of tissues on the table and tucked it under his arm.

He was only expecting one or two sneezes, but with his allergies it was definitely a mystery as how many and how much damage they would cause.

Phoenix returned, gripping the stem in his palm and giving Miles a sheepish grin.

“Just one.”

Miles averted his gaze, his cheeks scarlet. He could feel droplets of sweat forming at his hairline.

Phoenix nestled next to him, nervously twiddling the stem in his fingers. Miles found some comfort in the fact that his boyfriend seemed a little more on edge about the situation than he was.

Phoenix swallowed. “Can I?”

Miles shrugged, feeling the tickle begin to form already from the tiny plant.

“You already have it, dod't you?”

The defense attorney nodded, reaching for Miles’ chin. He gently lifted it upward, brushed the petals of the daisy along the base of his boyfriend's slender nose.

Immediately, Miles’ nose gave it's tell-tale crinkle, his eyelashes fluttering. He hardly had time to gasp before he lunged forward.

Ht'tschhh! Huh’kschh! Ihh’tschh!!"

Phoenix blinked. “W-Whoa bless you!”

Miles sniffled, plucking a tissue when he suddenly he felt the petals grazing his nostrils once more.

“W-wait, you--!” Miles squeaked.

He could tell from Phoenix's curious expression that he hadn't fully intended for this second reaction to come on so quickly.

He took in a shuddering gasp, catching the first loud release on the corner of his tissue and in his palm.

UH’KTRSHHH!” he gasped, trying to keep the uncontrollable burn at bay. Through his watery eyes he managed to notice a smile on Phoenix's face and he managed to scowl, turning toward him suddenly and lowering the tissue from his face.

HUH-HUHH’KRSCHHH! IHHH'TSCHHOO!

Finally, he felt the tickle subside and he shivered tiredly, blinked his puffy eyes open to find Phoenix sitting with a lovestruck grin on his face.

Miles frowned at the few speckles of dampness on his face. He’d intended for him to have at least a shred of guilt, but…

“Wow. Bless you so many times, Miles. God bless you!”

Miles grunted.

“I’m sorry,” Phoenix murmured, reaching for the tissue box and plucking a few out. “I should've asked. Your expression was just…”

He cleared his throat, causing Miles’ cheeks to darken once more.

“But I should've asked. I apologise. Bless you.”

Miles swallowed.

“Nevermi’d,” he muttered shyly. “It… felt rather…” he cleared his throat as well and added. “Pleasadt…”

This time it was Phoenix's turn to go red.

He took in a shy sniffle when he suddenly felt a pair of warm lips envelope his own. Miles snuffled, allowing Phoenix to deepen the kiss before breaking apart and easing him against his shoulder to blow his nose and try to catch up on just a tad more sleep.

P P P P Poor babies, they're both so sickkkkk ;;3;;

Polly needs to go home and get some restttt he's so stubbornnnn

and Klav asking for help from Simon just kiiilllss meeeee it's the best i'm dieeeee

AAAHH NEW ONE WHILE I WAS TYPING

OK WOW DOMESTIC NARUMITSU + FETISH PHOENIX = W E L P MY HEART IS AFLUTTER

Miles is so good to himmm >/////< what a best boyfriend <3 

Apollo, don't be such a grump ;;7;; Klav just wants to fuss you and fix your problems. I'm so glad Polly let him do his thing in the end /)///w///(\

Friendship between Klavier and Simon is really something I'd love to see explored more. I love that Simon caved and gave Klavier a bit of his time, even though he thought he was just going to get a sappy love song for Apollo. Klavier feeling comfortable enough to let his walls down around Simon gets my dokis going like crazy. Klavier seems like a pretty open person, but my impression of him is that he doesn't share anything truly personal unless he really trusts them, so I melted a little when he asked Simon to check him for a fever :blush: Simon silencing his protests by demanding to know what kind of tea he wanted was just the icing on the cake <3

Phoenix admiring Miles's pre-sneeze face even as he feels sorry for him may actually kill me. It's so precious and so relateable BUT THEN FETISH PHOENIX, AND MILES ALLOWING HIM TO INDUCE HIM AND THEN ENJOYING THE SNEEZES HOOOO BOY /)/////////(\ Good shit right there, seriously good shit <3 <3 <3

Ahhhhhhh I love this thread, I'm always here for more Ace Attorney content, and these drabbles are beautiful you capture the characters so well

That little Klapollo one with Polly being all stubborn until Klavier is just a little too sweet and he gives in, precious. I love Klapollo they're my favorite paring!!!! Lol if you couldn't already tell.

It was also nice to see some friendship between Prosecutors as I feel like it would be fun to see what's going on at the prosecution every now and again. (Its probably a lot of shenanigans like Taka stealing Prosecutor Payne's Toupee lol)  It was nice to see a friendship between Klavier and Simon, since they're kind of an odd friendship to see but always welcome as for some reason it works. (Don't lie to us Simon you love hearing Klavier's sappy love songs, you klapollo shipper lol. *one of us being chanted in the background*)

And that last one with the Wrightworth, ahhh it was just perfect. The personalities for Edgeworth and Pheonix were spot on, and I love fetish Phoenix just eventually convincing Edgeworth to have a little fun with him. lol

I really hope you continue these because they're awesome!!!

Gosh, one of the reasons I love sick/allergic Apollo fanfics is that he always says "I'm fine" when he's not at all, that's just so cute! :inlove:

Also, Klavier with Blackquill? That's a yes from me! I never actually thought of them interacting, but now that I've read this:

On 5/6/2018 at 8:29 PM, emichan94 said:

“Thank you for your hospitality, Herr Blackquill, but I really should head back to my off- Hhh’tchhu!”

“Sit. Now, Chamomile or Lemon Ginger?”

I think it's perfect to torture them! (ehem...)

• 3 months later...

//sneaks back in from the rock I live under

This is an oldie that I thought I would share, mostly because I'm the world's biggest sucker for anything domestic and also I used a similar quote from Miles in an old drabble on here. There's something about Gumshoe and Miles telling one another to go home to their spouses that just gets me.

Husband

Pairing: Phoenix Wright/Miles Edgeworth

Words: 895

"God bless you, Mr. Edgeworth, sir."

Miles immediately looked up, realizing that his expression must not haven't been a friendly one as police chief Gumshoe rubbed at his beard awkwardly.

Miles sighed, his scowl softening. "Thank you."

The detective offered him a sympathetic smile, shutting the office door behind him.

"Sorry, sir. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, it's just..."

Miles sighed heavily once more.  As annoying as he once found it, he was almost grateful that after all of the years of pay cuts and... Questionable behavior, the now police chief would still offer him blessings.

"I..." Miles swallowed. "I understand. It's been a frequent occurence today."

"I'll say," Gumshoe laughed before Miles' displeased expression returned. " I, er... I mean. Sorry, sir."

Miles clipped his suitcase shut, sliding his arms through his jacket sleeves.  

"You'll keep ad eye od everything, wod't..." He cleared his throat. "Won't you?"

Gumshoe nodded.

"Go home to your husband, sir. You need the rest. Enjoy your weekend."

Miles swallowed thickly, his ears beginning to burn. He'd been married for almost 6 months now, but it still made his cheeks warm and his stomach twist when people referred Phoenix as his "husband".

"I.... A-Alright...." Miles muttered, zipping up his jacket before he jolted forward with another stifled sneeze that shook his frame and made his nose run embarrassingly down his lip. He quickly remedied it with a tissue from his desk and briskly made his way to the door. 

"And before you leave, sir?"

"Yes?"

"God bless you."

When Miles got home, he shivered as he took his jacket off. The usually quiet apartment was rather frantic, with both Athena and Trucy slipping out of the door almost as soon as he tried to step in. 

Trucy beamed.

"See you later, Papa! I have a show in a few hours! Have a nice night in!" 

She leaned forward to give him a quick kiss on the cheek when Miles suddenly dodged it. Trucy's smile faded for just a second before she shrugged and gave him a strong pat on the shoulder. Sometimes her Papa wasn't in the mood for affection and she understood that.

"Hey, you're home early," came a familiar voice. Miles felt his knees buckle slightly before he tried to stabilize himself.

"I am," he replied quietly, trying his best to keep the congestion out of his voice. 

Phoenix grinned. "What's the occasion? Got a fever?"

Miles immediately choked, clearing his throat as he felt his blood run cold a droplet of sweat forming and trickling down his back. "I... I beg your pardon?"

Phoenix frowned.

"It was a joke. Everything okay?"

Miles shrugged. "Fine. Everything is alright. I'm just going to head to the bedroom. It's been quite the day."

Phoenix grinned. "Well, I hope you don't mind me joining you."

Miles sniffled discreetly. He just wanted to avoid his... Husband, and get some rest. Surely Phoenix had better things to than care for him, and he wasn't entirely sure he wanted the attention.

The sniffle, however, triggered an unrelenting tickle that suddenly left him sneezing harsher than expected at a curled fist. 

"Hrk'tschhhhh!"

Alright... Perhaps he lied. Attention sounded heavenly.

"Bless you!" 
Miles sighed, shivering as he felt a pair of warm around wrap around him. He tried for a few moments to keep from melting into the touch, but instead found himself sniffling thickly and leaning against Phoenix's broad chest with a set of stifles. "Hnn'knk! Kr'hkkk!"

He could feel each sharp blow being delivered to his pride but he couldn't resist the gentle coo of a blessing from his husband's lips. The gentle circles being rubbed into his back, and the fingers intertwined his his hair.

"I was just kidding about you having a fever but... You feel pretty warm, Miles. Are you sure you're feeling okay?"

Miles cleared his throat, feeling it it tighten as his cheeks darkened.

"I... I suppose I'm feeling a... touch out of sorts...."

Phoenix snorted softly and affectionately at Miles' tell tale awkward admission of illness.

Phoenix grinned. "Let's get you to bed."

Miles sneezed once more, harshly, against his chest. "H-Huhh'tschuu! V-Very well..."

He allowed himself to be ushered into the bedroom and let Phoenix undo the buttons of his suit. He sniffled, letting his nose being to run as Phoenix undid his cravat and stroked his cheek gently.

"Is this why you came home so early?"

Miles shrugged tiredly as Phoenix placed a few gentle kisses along his neck and down his chest.

Miles' breath hitched suddenly as he pushed his husband's head out of the way and sneezed thrice more, wetly at his chest.

"Uh'ktchuu! Huh'shoo-Eh'shoo!!"

Phoenix rubbed his cheek in mock hurt before he reached for Miles' t-shirt and pulled it over his head with a frown. 

"God bless you. What a nasty cold," Phoenix murmured.

Miles resisted the urge to groan but found himself agreeing at the same time. Though not the worst cold he'd ever had, but a longshot, this certainly was annoying.

Phoenix carefully pressed a kiss to his temple, easing him back down onto the mattress. Miles found himself drifting as soon as his head touched the mattress and he shivered comfortable as Phoenix murmured sweet nothings into his ear, stroking him gently to sleep.

"Its a good thing we have a weekend to help you get over this, huh?"

New-relationship Klapollo~

Established enough for some cute flirty things to happen, but fresh enough for Apollo to be prickly about it!

Unnoticed 

Pairing: Klavier/Apollo

Words: 1014

Apollo took in a deep breath, adjusting his tie around his neck as he made his way into the courthouse. He didn't have a trial today, luckily, but there were some records he'd agreed to pick up from the records room. He swallowed, thankful that his scratchy, sore throat had finally dissolved with a hot tea that morning, but he definitely wasn't fond of the stuffy, running nose and slight fever that had taken it's place. 

...Was the air conditioning even on?

Apollo let out a congested sigh, resisting the urge to rub his itching nose on his knuckles. Why couldn't Athena have come instead? 

He lifted his hand to his face, rubbing again with a soft squelch.

Oh, right. Because he hadn't told anyone.

Trucy had given him an enthusiastic "Bless you, Polly!" as soon as he punctuated his entrance to the office with a loud sneeze into his elbow that morning. 

She hadn't paid much more mind to it, and neither had anyone else. He should've been grateful but aside from a few off-handed comments about his weakened voice the day before, no one seemed to notice. 

Apollo sniffled. He hated being the center of attention, but he couldn't help but wish that someone would've guessed that something was wrong, despite his attempts to disguise it. 

"Herr Forehead!"

Oh, no. His stomach sank. Why? Of all the people Apollo wanted to see right now...

He swallowed as the Prosecutor approached him and placed a friendly hand on his shoulder. It was cool, and Apollo felt as though his fever were rushing to the contact spot for relief through his shirt.

"I hadn't expected to see you here," he added with a grin. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Case files," Apollo grumbled. "Frob the orla case."

This only invited a smile from the Prosecutor, who grinned practically ear to ear.

"Herr Wright's first case back! I remember it well."

Apollo swallowed, freeing himself from Klavier's grasp as he made his way down the hall with the blonde in tow. 

Klavier rambled on about the case until they arrived, Apollo zoning out as the Prosecutor rattled off, reaching for a file in a large metal cabinet. 

His voice was quiet, melodic almost, as he spoke with a hushed tone in the document filled room. Apollo gulped again, wondering with a sniffle how it would sound singing a soothing lullaby to a soft chord.... 

"Herr Forehead? Are you listening?"

Apollo blinked. "Huh? What?"

Klavier grinned. "I have the documents you're looking for."

He tapped the folder on Apollo's forehead with a sly smile before opening it in his arms.

Apollo felt his jaw clench at the action, grumbling under his breath. 

"Just give it."

Klavier laughed. "So short! I'm hurt, Herr Forehead, honestly. You won't allow me a tiny glance?"

He opened the folder in his hands, flipping through it with a ringed finger. Apollo wanted to snatch it from him, feeling his heart beat in his clouded head as he let his glassy eyes focus on the silver rings. What he wouldn't give to feel those fingers stroke his hair, the familiar rings scratching lightly at his scalp...

God, this cold was really getting to him...

He resisted the urge to fight back and instead slumped against the file cabinet behind him as discreetly as possible. It felt cool against his skin, and any sort of relief was more than welcome. He crinkled his nose, feeling the beginnings of a tickle and tried to mouth "cucumber" to fend it off while the Prosecutor was distracted.

Klavier laughed, flipping a page.

"You never told me the whale could sing!"

Apollo felt a twinge of annoyance when his tongue fumbled against his lips and he realized he couldn't just ignore this comment without being found out.

"How would I have kdowd?" He snapped. "I wasd't allowed od that case adyway." 

Klavier frowned. 

"I didn't mean to strike a nerve," he said, his tone genuinely apologetic. "Is everything alright?"

Apollo swallowed.

A voice inside his head screamed Look at me!! Please!! but he clenched his jaw shut and tried his best to turn away. 

"Just give be the stupid file."

He turned back to reach for it, his hand wavering before he whirled back and held it under his nose.

"HAAH'JHCKK! HAH'DJISHKK!"

The sneezes echoed against the walls and metal cabinets and Apollo sniffled, his nose running profusely as he fumbled with his pockets for a tissue.

"Gesundheit," Klavier offered gently, his expression softening further when Apollo gave him a miserably annoyed glance. The prosecutor reached forward, easing his finger back under his nose as he dug into Apollo's pocket himself. 

"Bless you," he murmured a second time, hopefully that Apollo would realize that he really was being genuine. "Do you feel alright? You're... a little damp, Her- Apollo."

He lifted the fresh packet out, plucking a tissue and tucking it into Apollo's free palm. 

Apollo blew his nose with a gurgling honk and a heavy sigh. 

"I-I'b sicgk."

He felt awful saying it, but as soon as the words passed his lips he hoped that he would get some sort of attention. T-They kissed, right? So... Maybe...

"Ach," Klavier sighed, closing the file in his opposite hand and holding it to his chest as he reached for Apollo's shoulder. He pulled him close, pressing a gentle kiss to his warm forehead. "Hot enough to fry an egg."

Apollo grumbled something inaudible under his breath, but leaned into the touch immediately.

"D-Did'dt tell adyode..." He croaked, turning to muffle a "HUH'DJISHUU!" into his elbow. Klavier smiled gently.

"Bless you, Apollo."

Apollo sniffled, leaning again Klavier with his face burning red. It was embarrassing, but this is all he'd wanted.

"I'll drop you by the office, ja?" He said, taking Apollo's arm in his. "Try to hold back those sneezes in front of them and tell them you have to do me a favor. I'll take care of you."

Apollo nodded, his head clogged as he found himself lost in Klavier's promising, blue eyes.

"T-Thagk you..."

Archived