Sneeze Fetish Forum

Delete account

deletemyaccount

From the Frequently Asked Questions thread in the Read Before Posting section:

I've decided to leave the Forum. Can you delete my account? We'll of course be sorry to have you leave us, but to preserve the order of the Forum, we do not delete accounts, nor entire threads and posts made by member's leaving this community.

You can however delete all of the personal info in your profile, and if you stop logging into your account it will eventually get automatically deleted for being inactive.

Thank you for linking that, Jorm.

Jormungandr is right, sneezeboy18, the staff do not delete accounts. There are many reasons for this, including some threads may be present that others still enjoy reading, if there are any quoted posts of yours that would affect the flow of threads and most importantly, if you did ever decide to return in the future, you would not have to make another account (which would be against the rules as duplicate accounts are not permitted).

You can remove all your information from your profile and even change your username if you should desire, but we won't delete your account. We can lock the account for you if you wish, and if you did ever wish to return, you would just need to email the staff and we can unlock it for you.

I hope this helps!

if you did ever decide to return in the future, you would not have to make another account (which would be against the rules as duplicate accounts are not permitted).

Just out of curiosity, does this mean that if someone let their account become inactive long enough that it got pruned, and then later decided that they wanted to come back to the forum, meaning they would have to create a new account, would that be against the rules? If you leave for that long can you just... never come back?

Only accounts with very few posts will get purged eventually. Fewer than the posts needed to get validated. So if you have become a validated member, your account should remain in any case. If your account has been purged, you won't have been very active on the forum to begin with. When I was active on the staff, we would not undertake action in those cases, since the earlier account no longer existed. However, this is quite a rare situation. The vast majority of the time the returning member would still have a pre-existing account.

Ah, I didn't know that about the post count. I thought any account that had been inactive long enough, regardless of how many posts it had, eventually got purged. Thanks for the clarification. Not that I'm considering leaving (sorry, you're stuck with me :P ), I was just curious because of the way it was phrased.

(sorry, you're stuck with me tonguesmiley.gif ),

*Applies additional glue to Jormungandr.... just in case.

whistling.gif

Archived