Sneeze Fetish Forum

Subtly Clashing Wishes

Oh god, poor Mycroft! I don't know if i could hold back fussing over the miserable Greg. It would be so hard! :lol: But when he leaned against Mycroft during the movie, this was very cute. :D Still - I would like to hug him and kiss him and feel his forehead and bring him a scarf and a blanket and... Oh dear - he would hate me! :rofl:

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subtly Clashing Wishes

• AngelEyes

• cally

• Juto

13 hours ago, Sanguine Cheerful Worrier said:

“You have indicated you don’t let such illnesses slow you down, ever.”

Hmmm, I wonder who else this sounds like? :lol:

Greg sighed and rubbed his forehead. “I told you no fussing.”

“Tell me Gregory. Is there anything I have done that you would not have done for me?”

“No.”

“Have I provided more then what you needed?"

“No.”

“Then am I fussing?” Mycroft inquired.

“No.” Greg muttered.

Good lord, Greg.  He's not fussing, he's trying to be nice! :rolleyes:

“I sincerely do not care about catching your cold. If you would like me to stay I will.”

You say this now, Mycroft.  Wait a few days and I'm sure you will wish you reconsidered. :lol:

This was too adorable, with non-fussing Mycroft    :) 

14 hours ago, Sanguine Cheerful Worrier said:

“You have indicated you don’t let such illnesses slow you down, ever.”

Hmmm, this sounds familiar. 

“No.”

:lol:

“I sincerely do not care about catching your cold. If you would like me to stay I will.”

You say this now, Mycroft. :lol:

I had a longer reply written up but it was eaten up by the board.  *eyeroll* 

Oh look, there it is.  If anyone on staff sees this comment feel free to delete it as it was eaten, but them magically appeared. :lol:

Edited by cally
IDEK forum eating my reply

This is adorable!

On 5/14/2017 at 10:19 PM, Sanguine Cheerful Worrier said:

“Tell me Gregory. Is there anything I have done that you would not have done for me?”

“No.”

“No.”

“No.” Greg muttered.

LOL

On 5/14/2017 at 10:19 PM, Sanguine Cheerful Worrier said:

Greg was quiet for a moment. “Stay.” He sat up and looked at Mycroft. “I like the way you don’t fuss.”

Awww!

• 2 weeks later...

Ah Casablanca!!! A PERFECT choice. My boyfriend told me that one of the things he had enjoyed most in the 4th season was to learn a few "personal" things about Mycroft, like the fact that he liked old movies and knew the dialogues by heart... I've been absent from the forum lately because I had to distance myself from the Internet for personal reasons, so my comment is a bit late, but I really liked this part.

On 15/05/2017 at 5:19 AM, Sanguine Cheerful Worrier said:

“I like the way you don’t fuss.”

Yes. I really like it too. :razz:

Thank you everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed 'non-fussing' Mycroft. He did an admirable job, didn't he? ^_^

So @AngelEyes and @cally have been hinting broadly that they would like to see Mycroft using his steroid nasal spray again. Since it is spring I believe it is time he take up the bottle. He really is not happy about this. Not at all. :ranting2:

I own nothing and comments are always welcome and even encouraged. :razz:

Bless You, Love

They were sitting in bed and Greg was watching Mycroft systematically empty a box of tissues. “Do you want me to book us a week in Mallorca? That helped last year.”

“We have an election coming up, Gregory. I cannot afford to go on holiday,” Mycroft replied from behind a wad of tissues. He leaned forward slightly and his eyes narrowed. “Heh…heh…Heh’sch, hih’tsh, tish, tish…. Hiht’SCHOO!”

“Bless,” Greg sighed.

Mycroft blew his nose again and scrubbed at it. “Bloody hell!” He opened and closed his mouth, then tugged on his ear. “I have lost the hearing in my left ear.”

“Want me to get you some ice to suck on?”

Mycroft tossed his used tissues in the nearby bin and pulled another handful. “It will not help. I have tried everything and nothing helps,” he groused.

Greg mused, “All those pills and nose sprays and nothing helps.” He looked at Mycroft who was rubbing his eyes. “Nose sprays. Are you using the nose spray?”

“Mm?” Mycroft tugged at his ear.

“My, are you using the nose spray? The one that smells like roses?” Greg didn’t think it was possible for his boyfriend to look more uncomfortable, but he did. “Mycroft?”

“I heard you.” Mycroft answered irritably.

“Well?”

“I cannot recall.” The younger man turned away to carefully blow his nose.

“Seriously?” Greg looked at his partner in disbelief. “That’s shite because you can remember exactly what you had for lunch each day of the past three weeks.” Greg got no response. “David Mycroft Andrew Holmes.” He adopted the tone reserved usually for a certain consulting detective.

“Fine. No, I have not.” Mycroft snapped. “Now may we change the subject, please?” He binned the tissues and turned back to the older man folding his arms across his chest.

“No. I want to know why not.” Greg copied Mycroft’s defensive posture. “You know it helps.”

“I do not. Nothing else has so far and in my experience that spray only makes things worse.” Greg raised his eyebrows. “I just sneeze more after using it.”

“I don’t see how that could be possible.” Greg stared at Mycroft, who glowered back at him. About three seconds into the stare down Greg saw his partner’s nostrils start to flicker and quiver. Just moments later Mycroft’s breath hitched and he pressed his wrist to his nose, turning away.  He stifled three sneezes near silently before he was completely overcome.

“Heht’SHOO! Heht’SCHOO! Heht’SCHOO! Ow! My ear,” Mycroft whined, rubbing his ear.

“Bless you.” Greg’s countenance softened. He pulled a few tissues and offered them in a gesture of peace. Mycroft took them as such and murmured a thank you.

“It tastes disgusting,” he muttered. Greg remained quiet. “Fine.” Mycroft threw back the duvet and flung himself out of the bed. He stomped off to the en suite. Greg heard drawers opened and then slammed closed. The water run and then shut off. Mycroft emerged sniffling and scowling. He didn’t make it back to the bed before he started to sneeze. “Hihhh…TISH, TISH…” The younger man stopped in the middle of the room with his arm raised to his face.

“Bless you, love.”

Mycroft shot a glare at Greg from over his arm before his eyes glazed over and closed. “Hihh’tshch, tshch, tshsch… Hiht’TSCHOO!” He sniffed heavily, the final steps to the bed and grabbed a handful of tissues.

“Bless you,” Greg murmured.

Dabbing at his nose, Mycroft intoned, “So it begins.” He climbed back into the bed. “Sa-hah-satisfied?” The younger man gave his partner a brief pointed look before raising the tissues back to his irritated nose. He sniffled and took a breath. “Hih’TSHSCH! TSCH! TISCH! … TISCHOO!”

“Bless…”

“Hihh’TSCHZOO!” He rocked forward with the force of that expulsion and mopped at his nose. “Ugh! You realize there will be no sleep for either of us,” Mycroft complained.

Greg simply responded with another blessing. He didn’t comment they’d not slept well the last few nights anyway. He doubted it could be any worse.

“I am going to sne-heh… Heht’scHOO, Eheht’SCHOO! Hehh’TSCHOO!” He sighed heavily before continuing. “Sneeze all night long.” Mycroft binned the used tissues.

His partner was pretty sure that was an exaggeration. “Bless you, love.”

“You don’t beli-hih-eve me.” Greg started to reply but was cut off by another fit. “Hih’tshch, tshch, tishch, tisch, tisch, tisch…” Greg waited and watched as Mycroft sneezed helplessly into his lap. “Heht’SHCHOO! Hehht’SCHOO! Heh’SCHHOO!”

Greg patted Mycroft’s back and offered the box of tissues. “Bless you.”

Plucking a few to wipe his eyes and nose, Mycroft commented grumpily, “I would tha-hah-nk you, but seeing how you are responsi-hih-ble for my current state, I think not. Greg rolled his eyes. His boyfriend caught the expression of disbelief. “You know… hihnnchx…tha-hah-t… hahhhnnchx…the me-heh…hehhhnnchx…spray exacerba-ahh…hahhnnchhx, hihnnchx…my sy-hih-sy-hih-symptoms…hihnnchhx, hihnnchoo…before it he-heh-helps. Hihhnnchoo, hihnnchoo… Hiht’SCHOO! Hihht’SCHOO! Hihht’SHCHOO! Bugger!” Mycroft blew his nose hard and threw away the current wad. He raised a hand to his irritated eyes and rubbed at them, blinking back moisture. Pulling more tissues from the box, he lay back against his pillows. Mycroft turned to look up at Greg, his blue eyes watery and long nose bright pink. “I can hardly finish a sentence,” he whined.

The older man lay down to face his partner and gently brushed away a tear that had started to wander down Mycroft’s cheek. “Oh love, bless you.”

Nodding, Mycroft turned away slightly; his breaths had started to hitch again. “Hihz’schoo, hihz’schoo, hihz’shoo” He sounded tired, even his sneezes, if sneezes could sound tired.

Greg slipped an arm under his lover’s shoulders and pulled him against his breast. He kissed the top of his lover’s head. “Bless.”

Mycroft rubbed his nose with the tissues he held. “If I was…” He started to pull away, but Greg tightened his hold. “Hiihtshch, tsch, tsch, tsch…Hiht’schoo!” The younger man shuddered against Greg’s chest and then sniffled into his tissues.

“Bless you,” Greg crooned softly.

“If I was vindictive or vengeful I would put lavender in your pillow case.” The older man chuckled quietly in response. He felt Mycroft tense against him and figured what was coming next. “Hehh…. Heh’Etsch, tsch, tsch, Heh’EhscHOO!”

“Bless, bless, bless, bless you.” Greg kissed his boyfriend’s crown with each blessing.

“You are right.” Mycroft yawned and gave a great sniff. “No one in the neighborhood would sleep. Let alone us.” Greg hummed in agreement.

They lay quiet in each other’s arms listening to the house settle. “Perhaps I am done,” Mycroft murmured. He sniffed experimentally. As he did his sinuses tingled suddenly and his head snapped forward against Greg’s chest. “Hihz’schoo! Hiht’schoo! Hiht’choo!” He managed to gasp out, “Or not…hiht’sch, tshch, tshsch, tschsh… Ah-Apologies.” The damp tissues he had were no match for this bout of sneezing. “Hah’SCHOO! Hah’SHCHOO!” Mycroft managed to sit up, woozy and drained, and threw away the used paper. He pulled out the last of the tissues from the box and then tossed the box.

Greg gave his partner a sympathetic smile. “Bless you, love.”

Mycroft brushed ineffectually at the damp patch on Greg’s T-shirt. “I am sorry, though I suppose some would say you asked for it.” Greg shrugged and stripped off the shirt. He lay back down bringing his exhausted partner with him. Mycroft kept his tissues close to his nose and sniffed. “I am so tired,” the younger man mumbled.

Greg shushed him gently and kissed his forehead. Reaching out the older man turned off the bedside light. Mycroft sniffled in the dark and Greg hummed tunelessly. Moments later Mycroft began to snore. Smiling to himself, Greg carefully removed the tissues his partner clutched, setting them aside for the morning, and rolled him to his side. He curled around his lover and whispered, “God bless you, love.”

FIN

4 hours ago, Sanguine Cheerful Worrier said:

So @AngelEyes and @cally have been hinting broadly that they would like to see Mycroft using his steroid nasal spray again. Since it is spring I believe it is time he take up the bottle. He really is not happy about this. Not at all. :ranting2:

Oh joyous day! What a welcome home present!

“David Mycroft Andrew Holmes.” He adopted the tone reserved usually for a certain consulting detective.

Uh oh!

“Fine.” Mycroft threw back the duvet and flung himself out of the bed. He stomped off to the en suite. Greg heard drawers opened and then slammed closed.

I can totally picture this! LOL!

Greg simply responded with another blessing. He didn’t comment they’d not slept well the last few nights anyway. He doubted it could be any worse.

Poor babies!

“You know… hihnnchx…tha-hah-t… hahhhnnchx…the me-heh…hehhhnnchx…spray exacerba-ahh…hahhnnchhx, hihnnchx…my sy-hih-sy-hih-symptoms…hihnnchhx, hihnnchoo…before it he-heh-helps. Hihhnnchoo, hihnnchoo… Hiht’SCHOO! Hihht’SCHOO! Hihht’SHCHOO! Bugger!”

This was just hot! Trying to talk through such a fit. Poor dear. Mmmmm.

“You are right.” Mycroft yawned and gave a great sniff. “No one in the neighborhood would sleep. Let alone us.” Greg hummed in agreement.

LOL!

“Perhaps I am done,” Mycroft murmured. He sniffed experimentally. As he did his sinuses tingled suddenly and his head snapped forward against Greg’s chest. “Hihz’schoo! Hiht’schoo! Hiht’choo!” He managed to gasp out, “Or not…hiht’sch, tshch, tshsch, tschsh… Ah-Apologies.”

Thinking he's done and then not, Also Hot!

Moments later Mycroft began to snore. Smiling to himself, Greg carefully removed the tissues his partner clutched, setting them aside for the morning, and rolled him to his side. He curled around his lover and whispered, “God bless you, love.”

Awwww!

Having just spent the weekend gazing upon (read trying not to stare with open lust at) Mark in person, I can appreciate this all the more! Mmmm!

Oh joyous day! What a welcome home present!

“David Mycroft Andrew Holmes.” He adopted the tone reserved usually for a certain consulting detective.

Uh oh!

“Fine.” Mycroft threw back the duvet and flung himself out of the bed. He stomped off to the en suite. Greg heard drawers opened and then slammed closed.

I can totally picture this! LOL!

Poor babies!

“You know… hihnnchx…tha-hah-t… hahhhnnchx…the me-heh…hehhhnnchx…spray exacerba-ahh…hahhnnchhx, hihnnchx…my sy-hih-sy-hih-symptoms…hihnnchhx, hihnnchoo…before it he-heh-helps. Hihhnnchoo, hihnnchoo… Hiht’SCHOO! Hihht’SCHOO! Hihht’SHCHOO! Bugger!”

This was just hot! Trying to talk through such a fit. Poor dear. Mmmmm.

LOL!

“Perhaps I am done,” Mycroft murmured. He sniffed experimentally. As he did his sinuses tingled suddenly and his head snapped forward against Greg’s chest. “Hihz’schoo! Hiht’schoo! Hiht’choo!” He managed to gasp out, “Or not…hiht’sch, tshch, tshsch, tschsh… Ah-Apologies.”

Thinking he's done and then not, Also Hot!

Moments later Mycroft began to snore. Smiling to himself, Greg carefully removed the tissues his partner clutched, setting them aside for the morning, and rolled him to his side. He curled around his lover and whispered, “God bless you, love.”

Awwww!

Having just spent the weekend gazing upon (read trying not to stare with open lust at) Mark in person, I can appreciate this all the more! Mmmm!

9 hours ago, Sanguine Cheerful Worrier said:

“I have lost the hearing in my left ear.”

Story of my life, only for me it seems to be my right.  

“I cannot recall.”

Me, every time you ask me a direct, similar question. :lol: 

“Seriously?” Greg looked at his partner in disbelief. “That’s shite because you can remember exactly what you had for lunch each day of the past three weeks.” Greg got no response. “David Mycroft Andrew Holmes.” He adopted the tone reserved usually for a certain consulting detective.

You know it's serious when you get all your names.  Just like when I was a kid and got the middle name as well. :lol: 

“If I was vindictive or vengeful I would put lavender in your pillow case.”

They lay quiet in each other’s arms listening to the house settle. “Perhaps I am done,” Mycroft murmured. He sniffed experimentally. As he did his sinuses tingled suddenly and his head snapped forward against Greg’s chest. “Hihz’schoo! Hiht’schoo! Hiht’choo!” He managed to gasp out, “Or not…hiht’sch, tshch, tshsch, tschsh… Ah-Apologies.” The damp tissues he had were no match for this bout of sneezing. “Hah’SCHOO! Hah’SHCHOO!” Mycroft managed to sit up, woozy and drained, and threw away the used paper. He pulled out the last of the tissues from the box and then tossed the box.

Almost, Mycroft. Almost.

Greg shushed him gently and kissed his forehead. Reaching out the older man turned off the bedside light. Mycroft sniffled in the dark and Greg hummed tunelessly. Moments later Mycroft began to snore. Smiling to himself, Greg carefully removed the tissues his partner clutched, setting them aside for the morning, and rolled him to his side. He curled around his lover and whispered, “God bless you, love.”

:heart::heart::heart::heart: Awwwwwww.  I know I told you last night that I loved this, which I obviously did.  Poor Mycroft (and as always I'm jealous).  This was just so sweet and tender and soft and lovely. :) Although, one of these days I'm afraid Mycroft is going to get Greg back for all of these (not actually real) slights of hand.   

19 hours ago, Sanguine Cheerful Worrier said:

Greg didn’t think it was possible for his boyfriend to look more uncomfortable, but he did.

:D:D:D Poor Mycroft. You do love to torture him, don't you? (I love it too.) 

“I just sneeze more after using it.”

“I don’t see how that could be possible.”

Here I started laughing. And pictured the scene of Mycroft sneezing all night long. And I stopped laughing.

“So it begins.” He climbed back into the bed. “Sa-hah-satisfied?”

Hitching breaths interrupting the character's sentence is always... effective. :blush:

Oh, and I liked also the "Perhaps I'm done... or not." :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you one and all for all the lovely comments. I'm glad you enjoyed Mycroft in full pout.

This day is the 2nd anniversary of my drabble thread. So it is true I would not be here if not for you and all the lovely things you write in response to my inconsequential stories. Recently I had a huge scare. My posts were all hidden when my account was accidentally flagged as a spammer. That included my entire drabble thread. Now I save all my work off site, but your comments are only here and they were hidden as well. Happily it was an easy fix to uncover my posts. It made realize how much joy you, that read my thread, and, those who read and comment, give me. Thank you so much for all the love. Thank you for being kind. :thankyou: 

I hope you enjoy this anniversary piece. I dedicate it to @cally. She is always there for me with a kind word and a quip to make me smile. :heart: 

2nd Anniversary

Mycroft Holmes didn’t think he could feel more miserable. Well, perhaps he could, as the logical part of his brain reminded him of Sherrinford. But outside of being trapped by his psychotic sister in a fortress of a prison, he could not feel more miserable. As the elevator doors closed, he pressed the button to take him to his floor where his hotel suite was located. He sniffed and rubbed his forehead. Taking advantage of the privacy he pulled out his well-used handkerchief and gave his nose a short blow. It did nothing to relieve his congestion and he sighed. The elevator doors opened with a chime and Mycroft got off on his floor.

As he approached his door, he felt his sinuses start to tingle and burn. He quickly fished out his key, hoping to get inside before the fit started. Breath hitching he managed to get the door open and he quickly slipped inside.

“Hihnnchx, hihnnchx, hihnnchx.”

He stifled out of habit. All day he had been holding back his ticklish desires and, only when absolutely necessary, letting out an occasional, severely repressed outburst. He dropped his brief case where he stood and began to retrieve his handkerchief. The logical part of his brain commented it didn’t matter if he sneezed openly; he was alone. The British Government allowed himself to be overcome.

“Hiht’SCHOO! HehhhT’ESCHOO! Hah’TSCHOO!”

He leaned back against the door. For a brief moment the tickle was gone and Mycroft closed his eyes relishing those few seconds. Then the moment was gone and the tickle was back with a vengeance.

Hahh… AHTISCHOO! TSCH, TSCH, TSCH… Hah’TSCHOO!”

His nose was starting to run. He sniffed and wiped his nose with the back of his hand and moved toward the bathroom. Mycroft grabbed a handful of tissues to wipe his nose and ended up sneezing yet again. As he washed his hands, a glance in the mirror told him he was looking a bit worse for wear. His eyes were red and teary and the underside of his nose was starting to appear chapped. Reluctantly he took another handful of tissues as he left the bathroom. He was rationing his handkerchiefs.

No sooner he stepped out of the bathroom, his eyes closed in preparation for another round of sneezing. Sure if he waited until he stopped sneezing he would be stuck in that spot forever, he picked up his briefcase and carried it to the desk in the living space of the suite. He made his way there by memory, with short, damp outbursts as he went. “Hih’TSH, TSH, TSH, TSH… TSHOO!” Mycroft just let them come. He put his briefcase on the desk and leaned against the furniture. “HehTSCHOO! HehTSCHOO! HehTSCHOO!”  Rubbing his inflamed nostrils with the wad of tissues, his breath hitched again. He tipped his head back slightly more with each hitching breath. His nostrils flared widely and mouth gaped open. His chest heaving, he let them loose.

“Hehh…. Hetch’SHOO! Hehh…TCHOO! Heh... ETSCH! ETSCH! ETSCH!Hhehh… Hihh…ihEESCHOO! Hizzh’TSCHOO! …Hehh…sch’TSHAH! Hehh’TSHCH! ETSCHOO!”

“Jesus Christ! God bless you Mycroft.” Greg Lestrade, wide eyed, sat on the sofa in the room, watching his partner.  Mycroft belated raised his tissues to his nose and his eyes flew open briefly before crashing shut as he sneezed again.

“Heh’ETSCHOO! Heh’TSCHOO! Hehht’SCHOO!”

“Bless you, again. I’ve not seen you this bad in ages.”

“I’ve not be-heh-en this ba-hah-d in ages. Hah’TSCHOO!” He blew his nose, hoping to forestall the sneezing a bit. “What are you doing here and how did you get in?” Mycroft was already considering changing hotels and taking his security team to task. Though his voice of reason reminded him Greg likely had been in touch with Anthea.

Greg stood and walked over to his suffering partner. He took the man’s wrist, gently tugging him over to the couch. “I called Anthea when you weren’t answering my calls. I was worried.”

“I texted you.” Mycroft replied irritably.

“I wanted to talk to you. It’s our anniversary and you hate texting. I knew something was wrong, so I flew out this morning. Anthea let me in your room.”

Mycroft sniffled. “You needn’t have…” He stopped mid sentence as the ever present irritation in his sinuses flared again. “HihTZSHCHOO! Hiht’CHOO! Hiht’SCHOO!”

“Bless you and bollocks. You know how sick you got in Berlin a few years ago.”

“Yes, dear,” Mycroft replied in a long-suffering manner as he scrubbed at his reddened nose. “But I am not ill.”

“I know. It’s your allergies. There is a massive amount of grass pollen about.” Mycroft burst forth with more sneezes at the mention of pollen. "Bless you."

“If you knew that, then there was no reason to fret and come all this way.”

“If your sneezing is any indication of how you’ve been since being here, then I think I have plenty of ‘reason to fret’, love.” Greg retorted, but continued in a softer tone. “Besides I have anniversary presents.”

“Gregory, I thought we agreed to celebrate when I returned. I do not have my present here for you.”

“We’ll still celebrate as planned. But these presents I didn’t think could wait.” Greg reached behind the sofa and pulled out a gift bag overflowing with tissue paper. Mycroft rolled his eyes.

“Should I open this now, or did you want me to wait until dinner?”

“Now, My. The sooner the better, I think. I ordered room service for us tonight.”

Mycroft was visibly relieved. “I was hoping you would not wish to go out. I don’t think I could…” Mycroft stopped and shook his head slightly as his gaze unfocused and lips parted. “Hihh…. HihTSCHOO! ISHCHOO! ISHCHOO!” He groaned and dabbed at his nose.

“Aw bless you, love.” Greg took the used tissues out of Mycroft’s hands. “Open this, trust me.” He put the bag in Mycroft’s lap.

Mycroft pulled the tissue paper out of the bag and looked in. A wide smile crossed his face. “This is perfect!” He exclaimed. He reached in and extracted his gifts--a full size package of the American tissues he so loved for their exquisite softness and his prescription allergy medication. Beaming he turned to his partner. “You are the most wonderful man I have ever known.” The logical part of his brain paused and then whole-heartedly agreed. Mycroft leaned over and kissed his lover’s cheek.

Greg grinned pleased with himself. “When I saw those in the medicine cabinet I knew you were probably in trouble. Then you wouldn’t answer my calls and would only text me. That just gave me more circumstantial evidence. But after I spoke with Anthea, my suspicions were confirmed,” The DI explained.

“Always the detective,” Mycroft murmured as he opened the tissue box. He pulled out a tissue and sat back to rest against his partner. Greg draped an arm over Mycroft’s shoulders.

“Always yours.” Greg kissed his boyfriend’s temple.

“Always mine.” Mycroft agreed. Greg chuckled as his lover blew his nose and sighed happily.

FIN

Edited by Sanguine Cheerful Worrier

I just wrote up all my comments and the forum ate it! :(

3 hours ago, Sanguine Cheerful Worrier said:

I hope you enjoy this anniversary piece. I dedicate it to @cally. She is always there for me with a kind word and a quip to make me smile. :heart: 

Awwww you are too kind. :heart: 

Well, perhaps he could, as the logical part of his brain reminded him of Sherrinford. But outside of being trapped by his psychotic sister in a fortress of a prison, he could not feel more miserable.

How about being trapped by Eurus in June while having a cold as well?  That's the worst case scenario! :lol: 

As he washed his hands, a glance in the mirror told him he was looking a bit worse for wear. His eyes were red and teary and the underside of his nose was starting to appear chapped

Welcome to my world, Mycroft.  

Mycroft was already considering changing hotels and taking his security team to task.

Paranoid much? :lol: 

“I know. It’s your allergies. There is a massive amount of grass pollen about.” Mycroft burst forth with more sneezes at the mention of pollen. "Bless you."

Awwww poor lamb can't even hear the word. :( 

“You are the most wonderful man I have ever known.” The logical part of his brain paused and then whole-heartedly agreed. Mycroft leaned over and kissed his lover’s cheek.

Oh Mycroft.  How much sudafed have you been taking? :lol: 

“Always yours.” Greg kissed his boyfriend’s temple.

“Always mine.” Mycroft agreed. Greg chuckled as his lover blew his nose and sighed happily.

Awwwwwwww :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: 

Awwwww :heart:

And mmmm suffering Mycroft is just delicious. I loved the rationing of handkerchiefs :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Two years?!? Wahou, that's great! Happy anniversary then!

On 26/06/2017 at 7:08 AM, Sanguine Cheerful Worrier said:

“I’ve not be-heh-en this ba-hah-d in ages. Hah’TSCHOO!”

I fainted here, but it doesn't matter, really. That was... effective.

On 26/06/2017 at 7:08 AM, Sanguine Cheerful Worrier said:

Mycroft pulled the tissue paper out of the bag and looked in. A wide smile crossed his face. “This is perfect!” He exclaimed. He reached in and extracted his gifts--a full size package of the American tissues he so loved for their exquisite softness and his prescription allergy medication. Beaming he turned to his partner. “You are the most wonderful man I have ever known.” The logical part of his brain paused and then whole-heartedly agreed.

That's at the same time cute and really funny. I loved it.

Happy anniversary! Congratulations! I love you!

This is fantastically wonderful! Epic! 

On 6/26/2017 at 0:08 AM, Sanguine Cheerful Worrier said:

“I’ve not be-heh-en this ba-hah-d in ages. Hah’TSCHOO!”

Poor sweet wonderful dear. He definitely needs some love!

On 6/26/2017 at 0:08 AM, Sanguine Cheerful Worrier said:

Mycroft pulled the tissue paper out of the bag and looked in. A wide smile crossed his face. “This is perfect!” He exclaimed. He reached in and extracted his gifts--a full size package of the American tissues he so loved for their exquisite softness and his prescription allergy medication. Beaming he turned to his partner. “You are the most wonderful man I have ever known.” The logical part of his brain paused and then whole-heartedly agreed. Mycroft leaned over and kissed his lover’s cheek.

Best man indeed!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all! Everyone who reads and everyone who comments... :heart: 

On 6/26/2017 at 5:03 AM, cally said:

Oh Mycroft.  How much sudafed have you been taking?

Do you doubt Greg is the most wonderful man? :razz:

On 6/26/2017 at 7:28 AM, Kaze wo Hiku said:

I loved the rationing of handkerchiefs

That was right up your alley, wasn't it? :lol: 

On 7/10/2017 at 1:00 PM, Aliena H. said:

I fainted here, but it doesn't matter, really. That was... effective.

Well, thank you. :D I do aim to make my readers unconscious. :whistle: 

On 7/12/2017 at 1:19 AM, AngelEyes said:

Happy anniversary! Congratulations! I love you!

This is fantastically wonderful! Epic! 

Thank you! :hug: 

Now if you are ready for another fluff fest read on. Not really many sneezes, but sometimes less is more. 

Constantly

John had finished giving his statement to Sgt. Donovan and began looking around for Sherlock. He could hear angry voices and trusting his instincts he headed in the direction of the squabble. Weaving his way through the scurrying PCs he found his friend arguing with a tall man wearing a dark blue overcoat and carrying an umbrella. John sighed and searched for another familiar face. He found an older man sitting on the back bumper of an ambulance parked nearby. The man was wrapped in a blanket as an EMT bandaged his wrist. John opted to avoid the escalating battle between Sherlock and his brother and walked over to the ambulance.

“Alright, Greg?” John asked the silver haired DI, who was looking a little worse for wear.

“I’ll live.” Greg shrugged. “Just a sprained wrist and bruised ribs. Ta” He thanked the EMT who finished with his wrist.

John winced. “Sorry mate.”

Greg grinned at him. “It would’ve been better if Sherlock had flushed him away from the river, but I’m relieved of paperwork for the next week, since my wrist is sprained.”

“And you caught the guy.”

“Well that goes without saying.” Greg replied rather pleased.

The older man looked over at his partner and his partner’s brother, still quarreling and jerked his chin in their direction. “This isn’t going to end well.”

“No probably not,” agreed John.

Sherlock had stomped his foot and his coat swirled about him as he pivoted and gesticulated. Mycroft stood completely still; his umbrella firmly planted in front of him and his back was ramrod straight. Sounds of their argument drifted over.

“Oh for god’s sake, Mycroft. He’s not made of porcelain!”

“And yet, you nearly broke him. Would you’ve carried on in such a fashion if John was the one potentially at risk?”

“John wouldn’t have followed the perpetrator into the Thames!”

“That’s true,” John murmured to Greg.

“Well, it’s not your job, is it?” Greg replied good-naturedly. He shivered a bit and pulled the blanket a little tighter around him.

“You think we should break them up?”

“I’m not going in there. I’m already injured. You do it.” Greg said flatly.

“Yeah, well, I know what’s really in that umbrella.” John rejoined. “Oh, someone mentioned Mummy.”

“There goes that vein.” Greg sighed. “He’s going to need an extra blood pressure pill tonight.”

“Mycroft is on blood pressure medication?” John queried.

“Are you kidding me? He’s a middle-aged man with a high stress job. On top of that he smokes and Sherlock is his brother.”

“Good point.”

Greg sighed again. “I hope they wrap up soon. I’m cold.”

John looked over at his friend. Greg appeared exhausted. He had shed as much of his wet clothes as he could and huddled under the shock blanket. It wasn’t a particularly chilly evening, but the occasional breeze and sitting in damp clothing can’t have felt good, not to mention the aching wrist and ribs. Greg sniffed and briefly rubbed his nose before rocking forward with a harsh sneeze.

“Oh Jesus Christ on a stick! That fucking hurt.” Greg clutched at his injured ribs.

“Bless you.” John glanced over toward Mycroft and Sherlock steeling himself to interrupt their argument. Mycroft was looking their way as Greg groaned. The British Government started over, but wheeled as Sherlock hurled an unintelligible insult.

“Oh, he’s gone all red. Rehab must have been mentioned.” Greg murmured.

“Either that or Mycroft has threatened to send him back to Serbia.”

“Oh bugger.” Greg sniffled and wriggled his nose.

“What?”

“I’m going to sn-heh, snee-heh, sneeze hah-again.” He wrapped an arm around his sore side and raised the other to his flaring nostrils. “Hehh….HehhrrddSCHOO! Son of a b-hih…HihddRRIDSZCHOO! Fucking hell and the horse it rode in on!” Greg panted, taking quick shallow breaths.

“Gregory, dear, bless you.” Mycroft had materialized at his partner’s side. He reached into a pocket and pulled out a pristine handkerchief. “Please take this.”

“Thanks, Mycroft.” Greg took the cloth and gingerly blew his nose.

Mycroft thrust his umbrella at John, who was simultaneously startled by its heft and unsurprised. Quickly Mycroft began to slip off his overcoat. “Let’s get that wet blanket off of you,” he suggested and as he did Greg let the blanket fall off his shoulders.

“He’s a grown man Mycroft, not an infant. You can’t treat him like he were Rosie.” Sherlock had followed intent on continuing the row.

Mycroft settled his coat on Greg and turned the collar up. He took his umbrella back from John with a curt nod. “Dr. Watson kindly remove my brother from my presence or I’ll inform our mother what happed to the blue shawl Aunt Margaret gave to her.” The last of this was delivered with a hard glare at the lurking consulting detective.

“You wouldn’t,” sneered Sherlock.

“Oh, wouldn’t I? Don’t test me,” Mycroft snarled at his brother.

John exchanged a glance with Greg and suppressed a smirk. “Alright ladies. C’mon Sherlock, let’s leave them be.” Without further ado John hustled Sherlock away.

Mycroft stood in front of Greg and fussed with the coat, trying to pull it closer around the DI. “My car is around the corner. It’ll be here momentarily.”

“I’m fine, Mycroft.” Greg smiled at his anxious boyfriend.

“I know,” Mycroft sighed. He glanced quickly right then left. Satisfied no one was paying any attention to the two of them, he placed a brief, tender kiss on Greg’s forehead. Resting his forehead against his partner’s, he whispered, “I worry…”

“I know, love, constantly.”

This is fantastic! I love the brothers fighting while Greg and John watch and comment on it as if they know how it goes by heart, (because of course they do!) It's perfect!

2 hours ago, Sanguine Cheerful Worrier said:

“Well that goes without saying.” Greg replied rather pleased.

I can totally see his grin!

“Yeah, well, I know what’s really in that umbrella.” John rejoined. “Oh, someone mentioned Mummy.”

“There goes that vein.” Greg sighed.

LOL

“Oh Jesus Christ on a stick! That fucking hurt.” Greg clutched at his injured ribs.

Fucking hell and the horse it rode in on!” Greg panted, taking quick shallow breaths.

Love his expressions!

Resting his forehead against his partner’s, he whispered, “I worry…”

“I know, love, constantly.”

Awwwww!!!

Oh poor Greg. :(  I hope that someone gives him a good painkiller or 2. 

“Are you kidding me? He’s a middle-aged man with a high stress job. On top of that he smokes and Sherlock is his brother.”

“I know,” Mycroft sighed. He glanced quickly right then left. Satisfied no one was paying any attention to the two of them, he placed a brief, tender kiss on Greg’s forehead. Resting his forehead against his partner’s, he whispered, “I worry…”

Awwwwwwwww :heart: 

I read all your Drabbles in a row! I love every single one of them! :heart: Especially sick and injured Greg :yes:

Sneezy Greg and caring Mycroft is my favorite :inlove:

@AngelEyes Thank you! I rather enjoy Greg's inventive curses myself. :D 

@cally I am sure Mycroft had some good painkillers stashed away for just such an emergency. ;) 

On 8/7/2017 at 1:04 PM, Red said:

I read all your Drabbles in a row! I love every single one of them! :heart: Especially sick and injured Greg :yes:

Sneezy Greg and caring Mycroft is my favorite :inlove:

Oh my, I am flattered! Thank you. :hug: 

So, as some of you may know, since I mentioned it on the status board, I have chicken pox. :mad: It's not pretty people. I have had them before when I was 5, according to my mother, so I really shouldn't have to put up with this crap. I've been home from work for a week and I see no end to this nightmare. Cally has been super sweet trying to keep my spirits up and putting up with my whiney texts and emails. Here's a little whiney Mycroft for you to enjoy.

Vacation

“Who does this?” Mycroft complained suddenly.

“Does what, love?” Greg murmured drowsily from the chaise next to his lover.

“Who goes on holiday and promptly comes down with cold?”

Greg turned his head and lowered his sunglasses slightly to look at the petulant man next to him. “Well…”

“Shut up. It was a rhetorical question.” Mycroft snapped.

“Okay.” Greg slid his sunglasses back on and rolled back enjoying the sun on his face. There was quiet aside from the sniffling and snuffling coming from the chaise next to him and the sound of water lapping against the rocks.

“Apologies,” mumbled Mycroft after a few moments.

Greg smiled. “It’s okay, love.”

A peaceful calm descended. Mycroft coughed and sniffed between turning pages in his book. Greg dozed off, feeling warm and relaxed.

“Hehh’TSCHOO!”

Startled Greg turned over and watched Mycroft scramble for his handkerchief before more sneezes hit.

Mycroft turned his head aside, his long nose wrinkled up. His breath hitched and heaved.

“Heh…heh…Hih…Hihtsh’ZHOO! Hih’TSCH! Hiht’SCHOO!”

“God bless you!”

“Apologies.” Mycroft blew his nose loudly.

Greg made a sympathetic face as Mycroft snuffled and rubbed at his reddened nose. Mycroft looked back at Greg and pouted.

“Aw, My. Is it really as bad as all that?”

“Yes.” Mycroft sulked.

Greg stood and moved under the umbrella where his lover’s chaise was positioned. “Budge up.” Mycroft scooted forward and Greg sat behind his sniffly boyfriend, straddling the chair. He started to gently massage his partner’s neck and shoulders. Mycroft gave a little groan of pleasure as soft kisses were laid along his hairline.

“I don’t think it’s as awful as you make it out to be.” Greg murmured, as he continued to rub at the tense muscles.

“No?” Mycroft asked.

“No.”

“Explain, then.”

“Well, for one, you’ve no fever.”

“But I feel warm.”

“Just the Mediterranean sun, love.” Greg kissed Mycroft’s neck again. “I’ve checked. No fever.”

“I have a cough.” Mycroft demonstrated weakly.

Greg chuckled. “I’ve heard worse from you.”

“Fine. But I’m all stuffy.”

“Yes, you are….” Greg felt Mycroft’s shoulder and upper body tense under his hands.

“HihT’SCHOO! TSH, TSCH… heh’TSZCHOO!” The ill man hunched forward with each expulsion.

“Bless. You left out sneezy.”

“Well that goes without saying,” grumbled Mycroft as he straightened and wiped his nose.

“I promise to go into town and buy all the handkerchiefs you need.”

“Not exactly the souvenir shopping I was hoping for.” Mycroft groused.

“No, I suppose not.” Greg leaned back bringing his lover along with him. “But we had no plans other than to enjoy the sun and salt air.”

Mycroft huffed as he settled in his lover’s embrace. “You can enjoy the sun.”

“Oh and what are you going to enjoy?”

“I’m going to enjoy being right here." Mycroft snuggled against Greg's warm, firm chest, "with you.”

FIN

Edited by Sanguine Cheerful Worrier
I left out word. Satisfied?

You've been less whiny than me when I'm not feeling well. :lol: 

5 hours ago, Sanguine Cheerful Worrier said:

“Shut up. It was a rhetorical question.” Mycroft snapped.

Well, did you need to ask it then? ;) 

“Not exactly the souvenir shopping I was hoping for.” Mycroft groused.

Can you picture Mycroft in a tacky tourist shop? :lol:  Now, that'd be a funny story.

“I’m going to enjoy being right here." Mycroft snuggled against Greg warm, firm chest, "with you.”

AWWWWWWWWWWWW that's toooooooooo sweet! :heart: I love it. :) 

Mmm mmmm Mycroft :heart:

Oh I can think of a few people :rofl:

I love how he's being dramatic and Greg is all "you're fine" :D

17 hours ago, Sanguine Cheerful Worrier said:

This is exactly what happened to me two weeks ago. So Mycroft has all my compassion here... :D

That was a very cute little drabble!

17 hours ago, Sanguine Cheerful Worrier said:

“Bless. You left out sneezy.”

Mwahaha, thank you for stating the obvious, Greg!