Sneeze Fetish Forum

Checking the war boy (tw: blood)

murphy dee

So I'm obsessed with Mad Max: Fury Road. Unfortunately this picture comes with a spoiler...not huge. Kinda predictable, though. If you don't care, keep reading.

Okay, so, Slit is sort of the secondary villain of the movie, and he drives Max's car at the end and gets himself blown up. The fandom on tumblr loves Slit and all the war boys, so naturally we've all decided that they live. So this drawing is Slit days after returning to the Citadel and getting himself patched up. I really, really wanna write a fic about Furiosa keeping tabs on his recovery and him getting a big ol' fat crush on her. love.gif

He may not be feverish anymore, but he sure looks a little warm to me~

sluriosa.png

This is absolutely amazing! :wub: I have been head over heels for these characters since seeing the film last week, and this artwork... straight through my heart!!

Such a perfect likeness of Furiosa... and Slit sitting there all quiet and still and on the mend (hmm, nearly? :P) ... so so gorgeous, I would happily jump on the war rig bandwagon for your alternate ending any day! :D

Gah, how cute is this??! :yay: Poor Slit. <3 Such a treat to see your artwork on the boards, Murphy! Lovely, lovely colours... :wub:

Man, I know that we knew each other pre-forum, but I think that I somehow along the way forget that you draw as well? So, this is SO cute. I looove the brushes that you used for the blood, very raw and organic (ORGANIC), as well as the neat efficiency of your lines. I dig it.

@TaurielRiver - Thank youuuuu!!! I tried as best I could it make it look like them. :P I'm a very lazy artist and hate using references. After I initially drew this I had to look back at pics and I realized I left out Slit's neckerchief, like...how could I even. I'm so sorry, Slit. Ugh but yeah I just love the idea of him getting all melt and fumbly around Furiosa. She's quite the intimidating presence.

@VoOs - Oh wow thanks!! :D I really don't post as often as I should. I need to work on that. I think I've only posted like...4 drawings here? Unacceptable!

@Garnet - Hahaha and you knew me back in my Metalocalypse days...ohh boy. I used to draw constantly back then but so much of it was sooooooo so so bad...like really terrible. I like to think I'm improving my quality to quantity ratio, haha. Thanks so much, too! That blood brush is my fave. I wish I could take credit for it, but it came with the copy of SAI that I have. :P

This is so great! I love their facial expressions, they are just so perfectly on point, and Slit's blushing, and looking down - just really lovely! :) :)

Thanks a bunch, Aranea!! His blushing is my favorite part actually~ :heart:

Wait, WHAT. Yes. A thousand times yes. Look at Slit. Oh my god. :wub: Digging that hard blush he's practically radiating here. And Furiosa, looking severe as ever. Can't say I blame him. naughty.gif

His expression of, like... semi-panic, semi-stoicism, semi-I NEED VALIDATION, BUT I AM CONFUSED BY THESE CHANGING TIMES. Ugh, man. I love it. Beautiful lines and lovely, washy coloring, as well.

And, not to be a total Greedy Von Grabbyhands, but I would READ THE HELL out of this hypothetical fic. :lol: Their would-be dynamic is just so, so interesting (and goddamn precious-- let's be honest with ourselves).

Thanks for this, Murphy! I already love these characters, but would love this just the same if I didn't know who they were. It's gorgeous.

Archived