Sneeze Fetish Forum

getting found on social media?

HarleyQuinnSFF

Im not sure where I ask this or who to ask this to.. but someone on facebook claims to have found me and theyre from this forum and I am REALLY confused becase my email isnt even linked to my real name or anything personal to where they could track me on social media. How are people finding me? I am a little creeped out to be honest! The message says "Im from the forum. I have a sneezing fetish too". I dont even know who this is or how this person found me. what (if anything) can I do other than block them on Facebook?

I was about to suggest just blocking them, but you could certainly at least try to just ask them how they found you. Otherwise, if you really don't have any information on your profile here or on youtube, whoever this person is probably just went through a very long and convoluted process to figure out who you are. I've heard of this happening before, and as great as this community is there are more than a few creeps around here.

The only thing I can think of is if your old DevilsRejects name is linked to your real identity at all. It's a common enough term that I feel like it wouldn't matter, but there are some pretty dedicated creepers around the internet.

Otherwise, if you really don't have any information on your profile here or on youtube, whoever this person is probably just went through a very long and convoluted process to figure out who you are. I've heard of this happening before, and as great as this community is there are more than a few creeps around here.

This is what I would assume - if you have any information at all linked via YouTube (like your Google+ account maybe?) this is how I figure they did it. Or if you were ever a member of the Facebook group? I dunno. Not okay, though.

Regardless of how they did it, though:

Whoever contacted Harley in this way, if you are reading this thread, the way you went about it was a. extremely creepy and b. completely and utterly inappropriate. It's one thing to strike up a friendship with someone and get to know them well enough to add them to other social media websites. It's completely another to go to lengths to track them down and request them on another website without significant, friendly prior contact. Maybe you just fell off the turnip truck and are completely naive and didn't mean any harm by what you did, but it's not okay and you need to not do it to anybody else, ever, ever again. It freaks people the hell out, and rightly so.

Do you have any facebook friends who are forum members? Because I've occasionally had forumers find me in FB through mutual friends. Realizing they had multiple friends in common with me and all of them were from the forum and guessing that meant I must also be from the forum, that sort of thing.

If you're comfortable doing it, I second Mr. Sneezy's advice. Ask them what name they go by here, then you'll be better able to decide whether you want to accept their friend request or block them.

And, yeah, like Junia said, sending someone a FB friend request out of the blue without even telling them who you are, is definitely not the best way to go about it. I'd say the best way would be to send them a PM here asking if they're interested in being friends on FB, but at the very least, if you send them a friend request through FB, you should really tell them who you are. The forum has 3,628 members, and even if only a few hundred of those are actually active, that's still way too many for someone to have any idea who you might be if you don't tell them, and doubt most of us are interested in being FB friends with someone purely on the basis of sharing this fetish.

Archived