Sneeze Fetish Forum

Forum Upgrade Issues

High on Lullabies

Folks,

This is a topic to be populated with issues you find around the place as a result of the forum upgrade, similar to the previous time we were upgraded so we have a way of tracking what has been done and what still needs to be addressed:

- Quoted text formatting.

- Chat sounds not working

- The URL's changed, so all previous links are 404'd

- Loads of broken images everywhere in threads, like on posts next to the post number

- 'Full Version' button in Mobile Skin does not work

- Reactivate additional features e.g. selective quote

So please help me and the rest of the staff by posting anything you notice that doesn't seem right and I'll add it to the list.

Thank you for your patience and assistance! :)

:woot0: The upgrade seems to have fixed all of the issues I was having. The typing is seamless, the smileys work perfectly, and I can use the quote function! Excellent work ladies and gentlemen (or SFF staff!).

I'm not sure if it's an issue or if it's supposed to be like this and I just hate it, but when posts are quoted there is no clear distinction between the quoted post and the reply, the way it was before. When the quote was in its own "field" so to speak. Yeah. There's that, but as I said, it might be supposed to be that way.

Let's see! :lol:

- Loads of broken images everywhere in threads, like on posts next to the post number

- No sounds in the chat room

- The quote function is totally borked and it's difficult to differentiate where the quoted part ends and the current poster speaking begins

Edit: Ah, Chanel beat me to the quotes thing. I'm like 99% sure it isn't supposed to be what way because it makes no visual sense. I really hope it isn't supposed to be that way, it's really confusing.

I'm not sure if it's an issue or if it's supposed to be like this and I just hate it, but when posts are quoted there is no clear distinction between the quoted post and the reply, the way it was before. When the quote was in its own "field" so to speak. Yeah. There's that, but as I said, it might be supposed to be that way.

Let's see! :lol:

- No sounds in the chat room

- The quote function is totally borked and it's difficult to differentiate where the quoted part ends and the current poster speaking begins

Edit: Ah, Chanel beat me to the quotes thing. I'm like 99% sure it isn't supposed to be what way because it makes no visual sense. I really hope it isn't supposed to be that way, it's really confusing.

Thanks Chanel and Junia, I'll add them to the list! :) I'm pretty sure you're right that the quote function isn't displaying correctly. If you make a reply with something quoted you can see how it should look, but that for some reason isn't displaying correctly when the reply is posted.

Sternuto - Very glad the 'upgrade' has benefited someone at least! :)

Thanks Chanel and Junia, I'll add them to the list! :) I'm pretty sure you're right that the quote function isn't displaying correctly. If you make a reply with something quoted you can see how it should look, but that for some reason isn't displaying correctly when the reply is posted.

I'm responding to quoted text in bold for now, until the current formatting is resolved (if it can be), to make it a little clearer what has been quoted and what are the new comments :awesum:

Also HoL, the "selective quote" button seems to have disappeared, unless it's just me?

Same here with the notifications don't work either gives me the 404 even after someone replied.

Another thing I don't know if people already said but the smileys don't work for me when starting a new topic or replying.

I'm responding to quoted text in bold for now, until the current formatting is resolved (if it can be), to make it a little clearer what has been quoted and what are the new comments :awesum:

Also HoL, the "selective quote" button seems to have disappeared, unless it's just me?

Good idea, I'm hopeful the quote issue will be relatively simple to fix. Selective quote is an additional feature I added which hasn't yet been reactivated but it will be back!

Same here with the notifications don't work either gives me the 404 even after someone replied.

Which notifications do you mean, please? Can you give me an example?

Also, the smileys should be fixed. Do you mean you can't use them, or they just aren't displaying?

Not really a huge issue, but I often use an Apple device to use the forum and the Full Version button doesn't work anymore. It will only give me the mobile version of the forum. I remember having this issue before the last update (the one before this most recent one), but this update seems to have brought back this problem.

The smileys I can't seem to use and the notifications dont work for followed topics.

The smileys I can't seem to use and the notifications dont work for followed topics.

If you're talking about the smileys you'd chosen as favourites then that's because this feature is currently disabled. I'll be re-enabling it shortly.

I was hopeful the followed topic notifications would update automatically, but obviously it seems they haven't. In that case I'm afraid you'll need to unfollow and refollow all the topics you are currently following and then they should work.

Dunno if this is helpful or irrelevant but I've been using the mobile site all day and quoted text has looked perfectly normal to me.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but...

When i click on my notifications and click, and right click to open in new tab, on one of my own threads i have up, i recieve the 404 error. And also my 'selectice quote' button has dissapeared as well. other than those, i seem to be okay. (i will say that when i clicked on the 'quote' button the actual bubble of the selection starlted me. but i believe that was correct to happen?)

I'm not sure if I'm just too stupid to find it, but the button to sort Private Messages from 'Most recent to Oldest' and vice versa seems to be missing...

I usually had the most recent messages show first, but now the initial posts is displayed on page one and everything his sorted thereafter.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but...

When i click on my notifications and click, and right click to open in new tab, on one of my own threads i have up, i recieve the 404 error. And also my 'selectice quote' button has dissapeared as well. other than those, i seem to be okay. (i will say that when i clicked on the 'quote' button the actual bubble of the selection starlted me. but i believe that was correct to happen?)

As I said to Pikachu above, if the notifications are for topics you are following and you started following them before the upgrade occurred then you'll need to unfollow and refollow them to make the links work. I was hoping they would update automatically but obviously they didn't. Sorry about that.

Selective Quote was an additional feature I added and it had to be deactivated for the upgrade to go ahead. I have now switched it back on, so you should be able to see this button again! :)

I'm not sure if I'm just too stupid to find it, but the button to sort Private Messages from 'Most recent to Oldest' and vice versa seems to be missing...

I usually had the most recent messages show first, but now the initial posts is displayed on page one and everything his sorted thereafter.

Same as for Selective Quote above, these options were an additional feature that had to be deactivated for the upgrade to take place. I am currently in the process of testing all these items and reactivating them, so assuming it still functions correctly with this version of the software then these options should be back shortly.

ETA: I have now reactivated the PM display options feature.

I'm so glad I'm not alone on the 404 issue.

I usually access the site via bookmarked page and I breifly thought the whole site was down.

It seems the only change to the url was the removal of /forums/ in the link

(I.e. http://www.sneezefetishforum.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=37926&st=180. Becomes http://www.sneezefetishforum.org/index.php?showtopic=37926&st=180)

I had begun to go through all my bookmarks and remove that bit, but it turned out to be very time consuming and tedious so before I continue I would like to know: Is it possible for the old urls to be linked to the new ones?

If not, I will surely continue with my task and I thank everyone who has worked very hard to keep this website maintained.

Has the customized text and insert pictures been disabled because I only have the text box to reply with nothing else not even when I go into more reply options.

On the plus side, the SQL error strings for blocked members seem to have been resolved in the upgrade :lookaround:

ETA: Hovering over the chatroom link from the top bar no longer provides a pop-up with who's currently in the room. (Apologies if this has been mentioned before, I didn't bother to look back to check).

I finally got this place working for myself again! My bookmark was sneezefetishforum.org/forums/something or other, I forget, but when I finally had the thought to try getting here by dropping the /forums/ bit, it works! Hooray! I was starting to get worried cuz I'd heard from others that they had access to the site just fine.

ETA: Hovering over the chatroom link from the top bar no longer provides a pop-up with who's currently in the room. (Apologies if this has been mentioned before, I didn't bother to look back to check).

This should feature should now be restored.

If you mean the skins, they haven't been removed, but only the original IP.Board skin works properly with the current version of the forum because it added several visual things that aren't compatible with the other skins.

Archived