Sneeze Fetish Forum

"Danger- Keep Away" - (Original)

darkness-is-the-light

Hello, everyone. This is my first original story (drabble, really, though that’s pushing it a bit) in quite some time. I’ve mainly been writing fanfiction for the past year, as you may know, but I wanted to go back into some original and get the creative juices flowing again. This is mainly just a fluffy drabble about a young couple, and the man’s mysterious past (which is never revealed, because you know me *hides*) . I hope you enjoy it.

An ominous fog created a thick blanket over the town below. A low rumble emitted from deep within the abyss as the man glared down into its emptiness. He averted his attention as a growl reverberated through the shadows of a once beautiful own, now destroyed by the creatures that formerly inhabited a young child’s imagination. The man yelped as a rough, frigid hand gripped his ankle harshly before dragging him down into the abyss below, farther and farther—

“Honey, you need to wake up,” A soft voice sliced through the treacherous scene that plagued his subconscious.

He abruptly jerked awake, his bleary gaze met with that of his girlfriend, Audrey.

“What…?” He mumbled, blinking away the remnants of his dream.

“You were having a nightmare again, weren’t you?” She questioned, concern swimming within her turquoise irises.

“I’m okay,” He slipped his hand into hers, linking their fingers together in an unspoken sign of comfort.

Audrey hesitated for a moment, seemingly not believing his response. His appearance was disheveled: complexion pale and hazel eyes glazed over. She narrowed her eyes after a moment, watching his expression warily as his nostrils twitched, irritated. An involuntary gasp released from between his lips as he flinched away, trembling with an intense paroxysm. “Huh-ESSHH!” The dark-haired woman remained in her position, aware that her boyfriend wasn’t done yet. “Huh-ESSHH’uh! …Huh-TSSHH!”

“Bless you,” He mumbled his thanks before rubbing his nose against the soft fabric of his shirt sleeve. Audrey tentatively pressed her unoccupied hand to his forehead, immediately noticing the warmth that radiated from him. “James…” She sighed.

“I’m okay, Audrey…” He shifted his position, sitting up against the backboard of the bed.

“You have a fever,” She informed, “you’re not okay.”

James’ gaze averted to his lap, a vivid flash of his dream crossing before his eyes. He hurriedly closed his eyes, attempting to rid his mind of the vicious images. “I…”

“Honey… what’s wrong?” Audrey was aware of the horrific nightmares that had afflicted her lover’s sleep. Multiple nights during the week she would be woken up by shouting. This had definitely taken a toll on her, but she didn’t blame James for being affected by his past. When he was sick, though, the fever would typically worsen his nightmares, if that was possible.

“Huh-ESSHH’uh!” He had barely managed to press his nose into the crook of his arm before sneezing. James inhaled a quivering breath, repeating the process. “Huh-ESSHH! …Huh-PSSHH!”

Bless you,” Audrey had always been protective of James, ever since their first year as a couple. Despite what others tended to say about her, she was quite maternal. It was a more recent trait, in her opinion, but it did have its origins in her childhood.

He sniffled heavily, “Thanks,”

“You look exhausted,” Audrey paused before continuing, “You should get some more rest.”

James lifted his gaze until it met that of hers, “No,” He shook his head.

“I’ll be right here, don’t worry.”

“But—” He attempted to disagree, but was immediately interrupted.

“James, you need to rest. I understand that it’s difficult to sleep at times, but I’m going to be right here the entire time. Nothing will be able to hurt you while I’m here.” She assured tenderly.

He sighed, “I suppose…”

“Please, for me?”

James nodded, lying down next to Audrey. He cautiously wrapped his arms around her waist, positioning his head on her chest. Audrey lifted her hand, gently threading her fingers through his hair. Their relationship wasn’t perfect, but it was definitely worth fighting for.

This fiction is as cute as it gets... I even have a couple in my head from real life, the girl's name is Audrey too, haha... It makes your story even more enjoyable! Keep it going! :D

Archived