Sneeze Fetish Forum

Color Drabbles

meepsy

Hi everyone! I had this idea at work a couple days ago and thought it might be a neat thing to try out! I don't know about you, but colors for me have always been really evocative of particular moods and settings, and they inspire me creatively more than anything else. So, i thought this would be a fun writing exercise!

The basic idea of this thread is to write a scene or drabble that evokes the 'mood' of a particular color. It can be as long or as short as you like, in whatever pov you'd like and whatever setting, and then leave a new color as a prompt for the next person to work off of! Sound cool? (I hope so!)

Okay, here is an example to start off: (you don't have to format the way or include a pic the way i did, either, i just like to be fancy :sweatdrop:)

Amber rsz_1amber.gif

~o~

The caramel ran from the lifted spoon in a smooth neat line, the build of the rippling puddle in the bowl beneath offering a small and peculiar pleasure. Reagan gathered up another spoon full and raised it again, to appreciate the feeling a second time. What was it about fall that allowed for so many of these miniscule luxuries? People could say what they wanted about spring infatuation and summer recklessness. Autumn seemed to be more about self-preservation – a final, indulgent hurrah before the pervading dead of winter. Reagan wasn't ashamed to say that it was her favorite season by far.

Across the kitchen counter, Oliver pouted. “You've been making these candies for hours now. What are you going to do with them all?” He'd been getting very petulant lately. Clingy. Smothering.

“Well, I'm sure not giving any to you, if you're going to keep whining like that.”

The boy curled his lips in a bitter grimace. “I don't want them anyway. They'd just get stuck in my teeth.” That seemed to be his excuse to life in general. No adventure for me, please. It would get stuck in my teeth.

Reagan left her gaze on him, the corners of her lips turned up in a faint, cruel smile, as – slow with purpose – she reached for one of the wax-paper wrapped squares she'd already finished, and pulled the twisted-ends so that the candy twirled itself open.

“Your loss,” she replied. Her lips -- red with the new lipstick she'd bought herself because it was the color of candy apples and made her feel like a witch – closed around the treat as she sank her teeth in deep, and pulled.

~o~

(The next color prompt is... Cyan rsz_cyan_screen_seamless.jpg:zippy:)

I laid on my back, feeling the cool breeze on my face, kissing me like a lover would. I took in the air in my lungs and it tasted like sweet cotton candy. I slowly opened my eyes as I was met with the sky. It's wondrous color greeted me like a lost friend...it was sweet, safe, familiar.

(Purple is next)

Together we laid on the blanket. It was the perfect end to the perfect day. I could not remember being happier looking up at my gorgeous black haired beau. There was a chill in the air, the sun had set giving the remaining sky a deep violet hue mixed now mixing with the slowly engrossing black that was night.

He pulled the blanket up wrapping it around the two of us. We sat silently until the stars shown. It had been the perfect day.

(Green is next.)

That was all she wanted to remember. That was all she needed to remember.

The feel of his affectionate gaze. How those mesmerising gems could shift from fields of dewy grass to sparkling emeralds.

Never again would she look into those deep orbs as they brought shame to the leaves of the spring.

For those eyes, her lifeline, her home, would remain forever closed.

~ ~ ~

Let's have some cute-ass bubblegum pink for the next one :D aaaaaaand go!

"Is this the kind of thing you thought you'd be doing after you graduated?" asked Daniel, laughing, voice raised over the cacophony around them.

"No," replied Caleb, not quite scowling. He quickly darted out a hand, catching the neon T-shirt of the six-year-old in front of him before the boy could tumble off the sidewalk into the parking lot. All of the children ahead of them were color-coded for this field trip, sporting neon pink to identify them as one school group. Caleb and Mrs. Kelly Sullivan, the teacher he assisted, were also decked in the eye-searing shade. On Caleb, who tended to wear dark colors, it was ridiculous. And adorable.

Daniel shaded his eyes against the June sun and peered over the park gates. "We should go on that," he said, pointing to the tallest roller coaster there. As he watched, the next carload of people took the drop, their screams echoing.

Caleb shook his head firmly. "One, no. Two, I'm working. Three, we'll be staying on the kiddie side anyway. Just because you decided to help chaperon doesn't mean you get to distract me. Leila, keep your shirt on please!"

"Awww." Daniel rested a hand on his shoulder. "It's okay. I won't say anything if you're scared."

Caleb rolled his eyes. "I told you, I'm on duty."

"Aha, but listen." Daniel leaned in conspiratorially. "Kelly told me we could have a 20 minute break after lunch. Perfect timing, right? Now you have no excuse!" His boyfriend's face paled. "It'll be fun!"

"Absolutely not!" Caleb shrugged off Daniel's touch and reached to take the hand of one of his students instead - they were finally moving into the park. "The most excitement we're getting out of this is some cotton candy. So suck it up and behave."

Daniel's peals of laughter floated over the din as their long day began.

-----

Next color: sunshine yellow

• 2 weeks later...

Lets bring this back as its the best frickin idea ever!

Sunshine yellow? That's my favorite color!

---

Emily gazed across the field of bright yellow flowers, holding the hand of her boyfriend, Brian, close to her side. "It's beautiful!" She exclaimed breathlessly.

"I knew you'd like it." He smiled

"I had no idea your parents owned this whole place!"

"Yup. And you can come here whenever you like to enjoy them. They won't mind."

She grinned and latched onto him, embracing him, resting her face on his. She could feel his cool breath on her face. She smiled as he kissed her, not wanting this moment to ever end.

"Happy Birthday, Emily." He whispered.

---

Okay...let's go with gold next!

Archived