Sneeze Fetish Forum

Handkerchiefs for colds

Hankies106

I just got hit with my first cold of the fall. I don't usually use handkerchiefs when I get a cold because of the germ factor, but, I've been using tissues all day because I was at work, and now my nose is about to fall off my face. Handkerchiefs are just so much softer!

Question for those out there who use handkerchiefs when they have a cold- how do you do it?! I've been home for less than an hour and already soaked through 2 handkerchiefs and most of a bandana! My nose always runs like a facet the first day or so of having a cold. It literally leaks like water. Gallons of wet stuff falling out of my nose. Is this just me? I mean, I have close to 30 men's handkerchiefs (and many ladies hankies, which would be pointless, they're too small for this crazy nose!) but I feel like I'm gonna blow through (LITERALLY!) all these just tonight and then be doing laundry like crazy tomorrow!

It just won't stop. My soft purple bandana is now soaked. And I can't decide which hanky to use next… haha.

I am seriously sitting here now with the biggest white men's handkerchief I have have, held up to my nose to catch the running!

Also, how do you fold your handkerchiefs while using them to get the most out of them?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Well, I use only tissues, but if I've been blowing my nose a lot some kind of ointment to soothe my nose is a must. My favorite is this old-fashioned, hard to find stuff called Boroleum. I'm sure I wouldn't know about Boroleum if I hadn't worked for a contract manufacturer that produced it. It's actually labeled "for nasal soreness."

If I can't find my last precious tube of Boroleum I'll use medicated lip balm on my nose. Are hankies softer than tissues? I would think that the fabric could be even more irritating.

Well, I use only tissues, but if I've been blowing my nose a lot some kind of ointment to soothe my nose is a must. My favorite is this old-fashioned, hard to find stuff called Boroleum. I'm sure I wouldn't know about Boroleum if I hadn't worked for a contract manufacturer that produced it. It's actually labeled "for nasal soreness."

If I can't find my last precious tube of Boroleum I'll use medicated lip balm on my nose. Are hankies softer than tissues? I would think that the fabric could be even more irritating.

Ah, I see. I might need to get some nasal soreness cream! But yes, the hankies are way more soft. I have some nice cotton ones that feel amazing. My nose already feels better since I got home and switched from tissue use to hanky use! You should give them a try!

Hankies ... as you thought I might, I fully agree with you, tissues are sometimes OK when out at the start of a cold but soft hankies are really so good afterwards ...and they really are soft (after several washings) .. I have approx 75 mens hankies and 10 bandannas so have plenty to use but yes often like you have to have mad washing days as well..... I think filling them up is just of the fetish ... and i think my nose is a bit like yours ... it honks it out into the handkerchef very well and i know the sitting there holding a big hankie underneath to catch the running wery well .. been there, got the tee-shirt !! As for folding i usually unfold it at the start and the start in the middle working outwards, re-folding if only necessary ..... And finally as for nasal cream yes have used it normally about four days into a cold when even a soft hankie makes for a sore dose ...... have fun with your cold

Wow, you have quite a collection! But yeah, after I went through 8 hankies and a bandana, I had to throw them in the laundry!

Ah, I see. Interesting method! I didn't think to start with it unfolded. I was doing a quarter-fold, and running out of room too fast! Thank you for your feedback!!

Archived