Sneeze Fetish Forum

Zakandsara's Drabble Challenge!

zakandsara

Fandom: The Fall
Characters: Stella Gibson, Reed Smith 
Prompts: 63 – Control

-------------------------------------------

Reed took the seat closest to the head of the table, and therefore closest to where she expected Stella would be seated. She didn't particularly know why; there wasn't anything she could do, or would do, to help Stella should she need it, especially not in front of the whole team. But she was beginning to understand how Stella thought, how she related to what was going on around her, and she surmised that if she couldn't physically do anything to make the woman feel better, she could at least stay close in hopes of making Stella feel a touch more comfortable. 

"We'll get right into it then," Stella started as the last few team members took seats around the office. "As you're all well aware, Spector hasn't made a move- at least a detectable one- in days."

She was speaking more quietly than normal, which may not have been noticeable to everyone, but it was noticeable to Reed. She wished Stella would've accepted the tea she'd brought over earlier that morning. 

"He knows we're just one small step behind him, and he knows he can't afford to make any mistakes." Stella paused, turning her gaze from her colleagues down to the table in front of her. She slowly swiveled her chair around, toward Reed, and brought a hand up under her nose. "Heh'iKnGTschh! He'kNgtchhh!!" She turned back around, brushing her hair out of her face. "Excuse me," she cleared her throat. "We've got to get back in control. If he knows we're struggling, if he knows we're unsure, if he thinks for even one second that he's got the upper hand, we're fucked. Dani's been in constant communication with our field men. If you have any questions, concerns, leads, she's your first line of defense. As you know, I'm always available to confer with, as is Burns." She stopped again, sniffling. She swiftly brought a finger up under her nose and pressed against it, releasing before anyone (besides Reed) could tell what was going on. "Any questions at this time?" 

She looked around the table, her staff looking back at her blankly. Dani looked nervous. Reed looked concerned. "No? Then, thanks all for coming. Keep an eye out, and keep up the good work." She stacked her papers back up, and as the room started buzzing with conversation, ducked quietly into her elbow. "Heh'NgktSchh-oo!!" She emerged, thankful no one had bothered to question her. 

"Bless you," Reed whispered as they both stood up to leave. "I thought you were averse to stifling?"

Stella glared at her as she led them out of the room and back into the hallway, waving silent goodbyes to her team as she passed them. "I am. I wouldn't do it unless I had to." 

They reached Stella's office and Reed silently shut the door behind them. She took a seat on the cot. "'Had to?'"

Stella rolled her eyes, shooting Reed a look. "Don't make me explain myself. That was embarrassing enough as is." 

Reed shook her head. "It was fine. You couldn't help it."

Stella took a deep breath. "I'm sorry. I know you've been trying to help all day and I've been completely cold. I'm not very good at-"

"It's okay." Reed stepped closer, rubbing her arm. "You don't have to be. I'm good at it." 

Stella looked down, cheeks pink but this time not at all from embarrassment. "If the offer still stands..."

Reed smiled. "Of course it does." She cocked her head toward the door. "I'll go get the car. Bring whatever you need, though you're more than welcome to borrow anything of mine."

Stella nodded, crossing her arms. "Thank you. Truly."

Reed winked at her as she strode toward the hallway. "Meet you outside." 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zakandsara

• curlyq9393

• Xsneezelover3932

• crazygirl22

This is amazing!!!! Thank you for the update! I'm very interested to see what's going to happen!!

I'm horribly busy so I've been remiss about commenting, but this is so so so very good. You always characterize Stella and Reed incredibly accurately, and the dialogue is sweet and believable. 

• 4 weeks later...

I know I'm skipping around a bit, but the above drabble will be continued soon! (And, spoiler: so will the below ;) )

-----------------------------------------------

Reed stood in the hallway, almost immediately noticing Stella in the lobby alone. Her stomach fluttered, her heart jolted as though she had been surprised. As though she hadn't exited that way on purpose, knowing the blonde would be reading the paper, waiting for her dinner, enjoying a drink. Alone. 

She took a few steps closer, not wanting to seem too eager, but hoping Stella would be happy to see her instead of annoyed that she'd interrupted her evening. She was still just outside of Stella's field of vision, but had a clear shot at the woman,  and took full advantage, drinking in every move she made before she got too close and had to be more discreet. 

She watched Stella turn the pages of the paper, her fierce eyes scanning for any news that might be of use to the investigation. She watched her take a sip of her wine, then another, before setting the glass back down. She watched the woman slowly pull back from her reading, turn her head toward her shoulder, and bend quickly into her thumb and forefinger. She watched as Stella waited in that position before bringing her hand back down and returning seamlessly to the paper.

She giggled at herself as she stepped closer. Those 2 minutes of mundane activity were the most captivating minutes of her day. So far. 

"Evening," Reed said quietly, stopping at Stella's table. 

Stella's eyes scanned upward dramatically until they met Reed's, where they turned much warmer than they had been. "Fancy seeing you here." She folded her paper and set it to the side. "Sit."

Reed shook her head, though her every instinct was urging her not to. "No, no. Don't mean to interrupt. I just saw you over here and wanted to say hello."

"Hello." Stella cocked her head. "Take a seat," she said again, playful but insistent. "Can I get you a drink?"

Reed shrugged as she obeyed the woman's orders. "I suppose that'd be all right. How's your-"

"HeHT'nngKTch!" Stella, again, held her position for just a moment before dropping her hand and turning back to the table. She pushed the menu toward Reed without missing a beat. "Hungry?"

"I'm okay. Meeting ran a little long and we ordered food..." She trailed off, realizing Stella's breath had started to catch. She watched, once again, as the woman turned quickly into her shoulder, this time not even bothering to engage her hands. 

"HEht'ngXtSchh!!" She sniffled purposefully and cleared her throat. "Sorry," she said, shaking her head and taking another sip of wine. 

Reed smiled at her, almost unconsciously. "You feeling okay?" 

Stella nodded immediately, setting her wine back down and motioning to the waitress for two more. "Just ignore it. This comes in...HEH'nNGTshh-uh! Waves."

"The sneezing?" Reed studied her curiously. 

Stella nodded again, subtly dabbing at her nose with a napkin. "Thinking of diagnosing me, Doctor?" she asked with a smirk. 

"You've caught me," she chuckled, thankful for the distraction of their drinks arriving so that Stella might not notice her blushing. She took a sip of her drink, gazing thoughtfully into the air above Stella's head. 

"Have I lost you?" Stella asked, smiling at how lost engrossed in thought Reed had become. 

"No, not at all," Reed admitted. "I'm just wondering- how often does this happen?"

Stella rolled her eyes playfully. "You really are after a diagnosis, aren't you?" She slowly brought her hand up under her nose, but continued. "Not terribly frequently," her voice wavered. "Probably once ahhh...or twice- HUH'nGXktshh! A week. HA'ekNgtSCHH!!" 

"Bless you."

"Thank you," Stella answered with a smirk, her breath already hitching again. "I...hehh...know it's not terribly polite to tahhh...to talk through this, but- HE'eKTnngxXTch!! Jesus." 

Reed handed her a tissue. 

She blew her nose quietly. "But I'm afraid it's either that, or we don't talk at all. At least uhh...until it's...hehhh...." 

Reed waited, her own breath bated in anticipation, but Stella exhaled in frustration before anything happened. "Over?"

"Fuck, I'm bloody delightful company right now, aren't I?" Stella blew her nose again, and took a long sip of wine. "I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing. It's not your fault. Although..."

Stella looked up, already skeptical. "Yes?"

"If you didn't stifle them, perhaps you'd be sneezing less frequently," Reed offered. 

Stella chuckled, pushing a lock of blonde hair behind her ear. "I appreciate the advice, Dr. Reed Smith," she paused, looking up at Reed, knowing that'd have made her laugh. "But you don't want me to do that in here. It'd embarrass you."

Reed laughed out loud. Her skin tingled at the familiarity of it all, of how well Stella knew her. "Perhaps we should take a walk then?" 

Stella nodded, her eyelids fluttering shut and her breath shallow. "HeHT'NGxtsCHH-oo!! That sounds lovely."
Edited by zakandsara

Oh yes! Super hot! I'm looking forward to the walk that Stella and Reed are going to take. I love your creativity of being able to come up with and juggle two sexy ongoing scenarios at the same time.

Holy wow, that was awesome!!! I have been dying for an update! Thank you so much!! Can't wait to see both the previous Drabble and this one continued!! This should be one awesome walk!! Amazing!

On 8/1/2016 at 4:07 AM, zakandsara said:
"I...hehh...know it's not terribly polite to tahhh...to talk through this, but- HE'eKTnngxXTch!! Jesus." 

Reed handed her a tissue. 

She blew her nose quietly. "But I'm afraid it's either that, or we don't talk at all. At least uhh...until it's...hehhh...." 

Reed waited, her own breath bated in anticipation, but Stella exhaled in frustration before anything happened. "Over?"

I really like Reed naturally slipping into Doctor mode and trying to diagnose Stella and help her out.

On 8/1/2016 at 4:07 AM, zakandsara said:

Reed laughed out loud. Her skin tingled at the familiarity of it all, of how well Stella knew her. "Perhaps we should take a walk then?" 

I love the way that you write these two and the hint of what might happen on that walk.

• 1 month later...

This thread (and all the Fall threads tbh) needed a jumpstart in preparation for the impending new season. And I'm happy to provide it. :) 

They stepped outside, the usually-cold Belfast air a bit milder as the seasons began to change. Just cool enough to wear a jacket and scarf, but not so cold that you'd need a hat and gloves. Just the way Reed liked it. 

"Thanks for the drink," Reed said as they started out down the brightly-lit sidewalk. It didn't feel like 10PM. It felt like dawn. 

"Of course. Thank you for keeping me company. It's always a pleasant surprise."

Reed smiled wide, grateful to not be sitting directly across from Stella anymore. "Early day tomorrow?" 

Stella slowed, bringing her forearm up to meet her nose, and bent quickly away from Reed. "Hehh'EhKTSchhiiOO!! Not too early. Not as bad ahhh...HEH'EhhITschhhiOOO!! Christ, pardon me. Not as bad as it's been."

Reed giggled. "You're right- that would've mortified me." 

Stella shrugged. "That's why I dohhh....HE'kTISHhhhieOO!!" 

Reed put her hand on Stella's shoulder closest to her. "Don't explain. Catch your breath." 

Stella nodded, walking beside Reed for a several silent seconds, save for a few sniffles. "How's everything on your end? You mentioned a meeting earlier. Was it-"

"Frustrating, but necessary. I know we're doing everything we can, but it doesn't seem like enough. He's always-"

"HIH'eKtSCHHt!! HeH'NgxTshhhi-OO! Ignore me- HEH'nGXktschiiOOO!!"

Reed stopped, putting a hand on the small of Stella's back. "It's increasingly difficult to. Are you sure you're all right? I've never heard you like this before."

Stella nodded, suddenly seeming exhausted. "It's just something that happens."

"It shouldn't be," Reed told her, pushing a curl of hair back behind Stella's ear. "Can I walk you back to your room? Make you some tea? I'd like to wait this out with you."

Stella shook her head and took a small step back. "Hm'NgkTCHHt-oo!! You don't have to do that." Her voice was thick, her eyes watery. 

"I do. As a doctor." She led Stella back toward the hotel, her hand still lingering near the base of her spine. "And as your friend." 

So cute! Can't wait for season 3 of The Fall! Here's hoping it continues to inspire you to write :)

On 9/9/2016 at 0:03 AM, zakandsara said:

"Thanks for the drink," Reed said as they started out down the brightly-lit sidewalk. It didn't feel like 10PM. It felt like dawn. 

I loved this detail especially - it so perfectly sums up Reed's anticipation and attraction, that nervous excitement and sense of possibility that comes with spending time with your crush or S.O. :)

P.S. Happy birthday, curlyq! Hope it was awesome!

Edited by lifelove1
  • 2 months later...
It's been a while, but we (or at least, I) need to get things going again around here! This one's a continuation of an earlier set of drabbles, so if you want backstory, scroll a few pages back, m'loves! 

-------------------------------------------

Characters: Tanya Reed Smith, Stella Gibson
Prompts: 59- Mother, 43- Contagion 

The short car ride from the station to Reed's flat was quiet, but not uncomfortable. Reed could tell Stella was tired, and so she let the silence go uninterrupted, aside from the occasional sniffle from the passenger seat, which couldn't be helped. 

"How old are your daughters?"

Reed looked over at her, surprised she'd chosen to speak up when they were already nearly at their destination. "They won't be there..."

Stella half-smiled. "Yes, I know. I'm just-"

"They're 8 and 10," Reed answered, pulling into the parking pad in front of her building. "Speaking of, mind your step inside. I wasn't expecting company, and there's a very real chance you'll have to dodge stray Legos and Barbie heels."

Stella nodded, unclipping her seatbelt. "Your neighborhood is lovely." She stepped out of the car and looked up at the cloudy sky, which was threatening rain. 

"Rain, you think?" she asked, motioning for Stella to follow her inside. 

Stella obeyed, shrugging as she slipped through the door Reed held open for her. "It would be fitting, given the situation."

Reed furrowed her brow. "What, your mood?"

Stella threw her a look that would've scared any man, but Reed recognized as being laced with levity. "No." She slowly brought a hand up to her nose and let it hover there for a moment. "The Spector standstill-" she managed to get out before bending at the waist. "Heh'nTschhhiE-oo!!" 

"Tea?" Reed led them into the kitchen, where she began filling the kettle with water before waiting for a response. "I know you're frustrated with the way things have slowed down, but I wish you'd try and forget about it for just- let me finish!" She put a hand up as Stella opened her mouth to protest. "For just the night. You're tired, you're sick, you're stressed. You don't need to make yourself feel any worse by obsessing over something you can't change until at least tomorrow." 

Stella sighed, taking a seat at a stool in front of the counter Reed was working at. "Of course you're right. It just seems impossible." 

"I'm sure it does," Reed nodded, reaching out and rubbing Stella's arm for just a moment. "But I'm here. I'm sure I can distract you."

Stella let out a small laugh. "I'm sure you can, too." She sniffled, running a delicate finger under her nose before her breath caught and she bent slightly into her hand. "Heh'EkTschhhiOO!"

Reed frowned. "I wish you hadn't caught this."

Stella shook her head. "It's fine, really. Although..."

"What?" Reed's eyes sharpened, and she immediately and seamlessly transitioned into mother mode. "What do you need?"

"No, nothing," Stella insisted. "I'm just a bit chilly."

"Fever?" Reed moved closer to her and extended a hand, pausing before placing it on Stella's forehead. "May I?"

The blonde nodded slowly, suddenly looking sweeter and more vulnerable than Reed could ever remember seeing her. "A bit warm."

"My blood tends to run a bit hot, anyway," Stella told her, looking up at the hand still resting on her head. She suddenly pulled back a bit, turning slightly away into her wrist. "He'kEtschhh-tChhh!!"

Reed smiled curiously at the woman. "Bless you."

Stella shook her head as though she were shaking off a daze. "Thank you."

"Did that feel as strange as it sounded?" Reed asked with a chuckle, setting a cup of tea in front of Stella, who smirked back at her. 

"I'd bet so," Stella wrinkled her nose and pulled the tea close to her, wrapping both hands around it and breathing in the steam. "Mmmm."

Reed, herself, shivered a bit watching the woman become so content, but it was definitely not due to chill. "You should change into something more comfortable."

Stella took a small sip of the hot tea, closing her eyes dreamily as it warmed her from the inside. "Trying to get me out of my clothes, Reed? You're quite bold."

Reed rolled her eyes, but laughed at the easy joke. "Go put on some pajamas, please? I've tons of things you could borrow."

Stella looked up at her. "You're turning into quite the mother as the night progresses, I must say."

Reed looked away with a guilty smile. "Shit. I'm sorry."

"No, no!" Stella stopped her. "It's very sweet. Just a side of you I've not yet seen, is all. Don't be sorry." 

"I can't help it."

"Nor should you." Stella stood from her seat and made her way to the staircase, which Reed had moved toward. "I'm sure I can stand to be taken care of, just a bit."

Reed raised her eyebrows. "A side of you I've never seen, as well!"

Stella glided past her, moving swiftly up the stairs. "There's quite a bit of me you haven't seen," she called down, pausing before she reached the top. "For example, me in pajamas." She gave Reed a wink before disappearing into her bedroom and shutting the door ever so quietly. 

"Be right down!" She heard Stella call as she finally pulled herself away from the spot she had frozen to just under the stairs. 

I'm a teacher at an elementary school and my students tend to be...emotionally volatile (b/c urban poverty) and I'd just broken up a bad fight at recess when I came back and saw this and it made my whole day better.

?? Love Reed taking care of Stella and being 'motherly' even when she doesn't realize she is. So sweet. 

And just saying, if you're looking for more things to write, you could always write more X-Files and then I would love you forever. I'm seriously in an X-Files dry spell!! ?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
It has been quite a long time for me (I'm sorry!), but American Horror Story is back, and the characters this year are simply too good to leave alone. 

18- Midnight

"Oh!" Ally jumped a bit when she realized she wasn't going to be alone. "I didn't know you were still awake."

She walked hesitantly into the kitchen, absentmindedly pulling her oversized sweatshirt down even further. "Are you-"

"Just reading," Winter said automatically, more innocent than was characteristic. She closed her book and stood from the table. "I got caught up, I guess."

Ally shook her head. "It's okay. You just-"

"Scared you?" Winter finished, now sounding a bit more herself. "What are you doing down here anyway? I thought you went to sleep hours ago."

Ally shrugged, slowly bringing a clenched fist up to her face. "Heh'nKgtch!" She sniffled and opened the fridge. "I needed water."

Winter stepped closer to her. "Oz went down pretty easy tonight. Ivy tucked him in right before you got home."

She nodded. "I heard. Thanks," she offered, pouring herself a glass of water. "Do you..." She gestured at the pitcher. 

Winter pulled another glass from the cabinet and set it on the counter. "Sure."

Ally lifted the pitcher, but quickly set it down again, leaning away from the girl. "He'nnGxst!! Damn it," she sniffled again, but continued to pour.

Winter looked at her closely wearing a potentially dangerous smirk. "You okay?"

Ally looked up. "Yeah. Of course." She barely made eye contact. "I should go back up."

"Gesundheit," Winter said casually, almost as a dare, as the older woman started to walk away. 

Ally turned back around and opened her mouth to speak, but thought better of herself, shut her mouth, and continued up the stairs to her wife. 

------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------

90 – Childhood

"Hey, Oz! Ozzie!" Ally called up the stairs for her son. "C'mon! Your mom is leaving in 5 minutes!"

She listened for a moment, but still heard nothing from him, so she gave up on that task and made her way back into the kitchen, where Ivy was preparing her to-go cup of coffee. 

"Well, is he coming?" 

Ally shrugged. "Your guess is as good as mine," she muttered, packing his backpack. 

Ivy groaned. "I woke him up over an hour ago, I don't know what-" 

"Hi'NngKtch!"

"-he's doing up there. Bless you," Ivy sighed. "Can you just go up and check?"

Ally dropped the backpack, a bit more dramatically than was necessary, and turned on her heel. "Copy that."

Ivy rolled her eyes, but picked up where her wife had left off. 

Just as Ally reached the bottoms of the stairs, her shaggy-headed son came barreling down, his monotone and mysterious nanny, Winter, dragging behind him.  

"Time to spare," Winter said with a tired smirk, pushing past Ally to follow Oz into the kitchen. 

"Mom, let's go! I don't want to be late for the first day!" Oz, suddenly the ring leader, tugged on Ivy's shirt. 

Ivy took his hand. "It's just camp, Ozzie, we'll be fine." She looked over at her wife, who had finally taken a seat at the kitchen counter and taken a sip of her coffee. "I'll see you later?"

Ally nodded. "Around lunchtime." 

Ozzie zoomed back over to his other mother and gave her a quick squeeze. "Bye, mom!" he said enthusiastically, as though saying it would make Ivy move out the door faster. 

Ally grinned at him. "Goodbye, Oz. Have fun today."

He sped out the open front door to the car, Ivy just barely keeping up. "Love you," she called to her wife. 

"Love you!" Ally yelled back just before the door shut. She sighed heavily and buried her face in her hands. "It's only 8 AM."

Winter, who'd taken the seat across from Ally, yawned. "Should we go back to bed?"

Ally pulled her head up and looked at the girl, a bit surprised. 

"No- I mean..." Winter laughed. "I didn't mean together. Obviously." 

"Obviously," Ally repeated, almost a question. She stood up, tidying up the mess her tiny family had already somehow produced in barely an hour. "Unfortunately, I have to meet Ivy at work soon, so I can't..." 

Winter looked up from her phone. "Can't...?"

Ally shook her head, her breath catching. She turned quickly into the back of her wrist. "He'nGktSchh! Heh'dTschh-oo!!" She paused a moment before turned back. "Excuse me, sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" Winter asked her, leaning forward and looking intently at the woman. 

Ally's brow furrowed. "I don't know," she giggled uncomfortably. "I was just being polite."

Winter rolled her eyes. "You don't have to be. Women are always apologizing." 

Ally took a few steps back. "I need to get ready now, Winter." She kept her eyes on the girl as she made her way to the stairs. "Help yourself to whatever you want."

Winter smiled at her, and though the woman had already gone, she made sure to answer: "Oh, I will."

• 4 months later...

I’m baaaaaack. 😉

Fandom: The X-Files (then)
Characters: Dana Scully, Fox Mulder, Walter Skinner
Prompts: 77- Secret, 31- Calculating 

Dana Scully sat patiently at the boardroom table, trying not to appear juvenile or disinterested, but unable to keep herself from the occasional covert eye-roll at the ramblings of the men across from her. She was, of course, used to being scolded- in their line of work, it was hard to get away with much, especially when Mulder was at the helm. But she never quite grew accustomed to the consistent, enthusiastic, and long-winded explanations of her own findings to her by men who’d doubted her expertise in the first place. And today, with Mulder and Skinner refusing to see eye to eye, and with much better things to do with her time than watch the two of them fake attempts at surrender in order to get the upper hand, she simply couldn’t sit idly by for one more minute. 

She shifted in her seat as casually as possible and slowly brought a hand up to her nose. She made sure, though she knew there was no real threat, that the men remained devoted to their petty argument and kept their eyes off of her, at least for the moment. She quickly but pointedly pinched the bridge of her nose, blinking immediately in response. She dropped her hand back into her lap as her nose began to tickle, just as she knew it would. Her breath began to catch, and she let it, not attempting to quell the itch or restrain the buildup. She tilted her head back just enough that her eye caught the light, and finally pitched forward into her bent elbow. 

“Hih’kTcShhh-OO! IH’ktSchhiOO!!” 

She slowly lowered her arm, noticing the debate had come to a temporary standstill. “Pardon,” she said quietly. 

Mulder pushed a box of tissues her way. “You okay, Scully?”

Bingo. 

“Actually, I think I feel an allergy attack coming on.” She took a tissue and dabbed at her nose. “Would you mind if I excused myself?” 

A.D. Skinner shrugged and nodded at her. “Whatever you need.” 

“Thank you, sir,” she told him, already up and gathering her things. “Mulder, you’ll fill me in when you’re done...figuring this out?” 

He cocked his head, but smirked. “Sure, Scully. Feel better.” 

She smiled at him as she made her way to the door. “I already do.” 

Fandom: The X-Files (now) 
Characters: Dana Scully, Fox Mulder
Prompts: 58 – Annoying

Heht-nGtshhh! Excuse me,” she sighed. 

“Consider yourself excused indefinitely,” Mulder mumbled, barely looking up from his desk. 

Scully raised her eyes from the file she’d been rifling through. “I’m sorry?”

He shook his head. “Nothing. Never mind,” he answered shortly, seeming much less playful than normal.  

“Okay then,” she muttered, almost to herself, before turning urgently into her clenched fist. “Heh’KtNGtschh!!” She sniffled purposefully. “‘Scuse me.” 

Across the room, he dropped his notebook dramatically onto his desk and pulled on his hair, frustrated. “You don’t have to say that every time.”

Scully put her work down, too. “Oh, I’m sorry- am I annoying you?” 

Her words dripped with sarcasm, and though he should’ve known better than to answer, he never quite learned when to keep his mouth shut. “It’s just-“ he stopped and took a deep breath. “It’s every two minutes, Scully.”

She laughed, not because it was funny, but because, after all, he was still such a typical guy. “I know, Mulder. I’m the one actually having the allergic reaction, but if it’s that inconvenient for you, I’ll gladly relocate.” She stood up, but paused before she could make a grand exit and bent double at waist instead. “Heh’nGtscHH-iOO!! Damn it.” She sat back down, feeling stubborn now. 

Mulder sat up to face her. “Scully-“

“No. Just leave it.” She picked up her file, sniffling quietly and rubbing her nose for a second before dipping into her wrist. “Heh’nGxTshh!!” 

Mulder picked up his notebook again and resumed writing, but paused after a few lines. He half-looked up. “Bless you.”  

Scully chuckled to herself and looked down, a bit caught off guard by her reaction. “Thank you.” 

Edited by zakandsara

Zakandsara you've made my day!!!! I was so hoping that someone would start writing more X-Files drabbles now that season 11 had started! So so happy! These are great! Scully faking an allergy to attack to get out of the meeting was great! And the current day fic was awesome as well- I loved how he ended up blessing her at the end! Excellent! 😍

Hahaha I love the first story so much!! What en excellent premise (and a great way to get away from dealing with male B.S.) So glad to see you back at it! :D 

Thank you for the enthusiastic welcome back! Here’s some more for ya. You’re all great and I’ve missed you. 

Characters: Stella Gibson, Reed Smith, Martin 
Prompts: 70 - Confession, 83 - Dirty 

Dr. Reed Smith stepped through the halls, taking care not to disturb any elements of the crime scene. She’d been in Stella’s office when the blonde woman got the call about the killer’s letter to the victim’s father, and though she wasn’t necessarily needed on site, she was quick to accept the invite to tag along. After all, she figured, maybe even hoped, Stella might find she needed her assistance. 

Behind her in the cramped and casual apartment of a young professional woman, Stella rifled through drawers and opened cabinets. She was, as the lead investigator, much less concerned with formality and routine reverence as she was with doing her job well. She quietly moved through the space, taking notes and occasionally gesturing at D.C. Martin either for help in moving an unwieldy piece of furniture or to berate him for bumping into an item of importance. 

Reed Smith giggled to herself at the sheer power of Stella Gibson. Especially in such an intimate setting, it was impossible to ignore her command, her draw, her fire. She demanded respect but never asked. She called for undivided attention, just by her very nature. And Reed was more than willing to provide. 

She took a few steps closer to Stella, who was bent over a dresser writing in her notebook. Just as Reed approached, the blonde paused curiously in the midst of a paragraph. She looked up vaguely, turning slightly away from her new companion into her wrist. “Heh’IhHTshhhiEO!!”

Reed cocked her head and half-smiled. “Bless you,” she told Stella, eyeing her, as ever. 

Stella nodded, finishing another sentence and finally shutting the notebook. “You know, I think the man doing this is a true monster, unworthy of the slightest bit of empathy or any extensive concern on my part,” she said calmly, standing to face Reed. “But I confess, I have to agree with him on one matter.”

“Oh?” Reed stepped back to make room for Stella, who’d begun to walk over to a night table. Reed took a seat on the edge of the bed, a small cloud of dust rising around her. She watched Stella slowly and expertly pull out a white cotton glove and slip it onto her right hand, then turn quickly into her left. 

“Hah’IhhKtschhh-iOO!!” She sniffled and kept her hand under her nose for a few more seconds before once again bending into it. “HE’IhhTkschhIOO!!” 

“Whoa, all right, ma’am?” 

Both the women’s heads turned toward the doorway, where Martin was leaning, looking around clumsily. 

Stella smirked at him and shot Reed a knowing look, which made the brunette giggle under her breath. “All right, Martin. Check the bathroom, will you?” she said, not really asking, and within seconds, he disappeared. 

“He’s trying,” Reed told her with a smile. 

Stella rolled her eyes slightly, playfully. “I’ve seen worse attempts.”

Reed nodded in agreement and moved a bit closer to the woman. “What were you saying? About the killer?” she asked, almost reluctantly. Stella was her friend, but directly approaching her still seemed off limits. She was like a bird perched on the edge of a fence. 

“He’s a man who has decided he’s untouchable, and as such, has shown little fear in revealing himself to us. His letter was equal parts predictable and deeply upsetting,” she explained, slowly picking up objects and moving them to the floor. “But he’s still human. And he still has weaknesses, fears, anxieties.” 

“Of course,” Reed agreed, unsure of where she was going but unwilling to scare her off course.

She opened her mouth to continue but paused, dipping into the crook of her elbow. “Hah’EhTschmmphhh!!”

“Bless you,” Reed told her again quietly. 

“‘Cats are evil creatures.’” Stella looked up at Reed. “In his letter to his victim’s father. ‘Cats are evil creatures,’ he confides.”

Reed raised an eyebrow at her. 

“I happen to agree.” She swiped at the top of the night table with her gloved index finger and moved closer to Reed, into the light, so she could see. 

Reed chuckled; Stella’s white glove was covered in dust and tufts of orange fur. “You’re allergic.”

Stella shrugged. “I’m still human, too, it turns out.”