Sneeze Fetish Forum

View full site on iphone

CharliesGirl

I click on "full site" but nothing happens. I tried to get the app but it says something went wrong. I want to edit my profile but can't on the mobile version. Help?!

I've found that the mobile version is very limited for doing things around the forum, at least for me on an iPhone. Tapping "full site" does do nothing, and I'm not sure that you can edit your profile with it. I've never downloaded the app, so I wouldn't know anything about that.

I don't know about the default browser on the iPhone (is it just a mobile version of Safari? Even then I'm not actually sure), but on Firefox and Chrome for Android, if you go into the browser settings there should be an option for "request desktop version" or "request full site," or something along those lines. Regardless of what you tell the forum to do, if you check off that setting it should load as the regular version of the site. I'm just not sure if the iPhone's default browser has such a thing, and if it does, where you can find it.

Sorry, Charlie: it's a longstanding problem that the full site wont't load on the iPhone (exactly as you said, clicking the "full site" button just does nothing. So far, no one seems to have found a way to fix it. :(

i agree with what everyone has said on as i had a iphone 4s the iphone browser see if thier is a request desktop as it will load the full site that way and it should allow the edit page.

First of all lol I had no idea that this site even had a mobile version until I saw this thread. The tiny mobile version button escaped my notice, and I tend to think of forums like this one being 15 years or so behind the times anyway.

I made the bad choice to try the mobile version on my Android phone, and now I'm having the same problems. Checking "Desktop View" in browser settings does nothing. So far the only work around I've found is to open a private browsing window on my phone, and then log in. I'm doing that right now and I can see the full site.

I will continue to play around and see if I can find a better solution. I would try a different browser on your phone if that's an option.

Chrome browser is normally the best for this site glad your problems sorted.

Maybe Chrome looks best on iPhone, but I didn't like how it displayed the site on my Android phone. Fortunately, I finally figured out how to delete the browser history on my phone, and that seems to have reset everything back to normal.

I think the takeaway lesson for anyone reading this thread is DON'T switch to the mobile site! It has less functionality and it refuses to switch back to the full version.

I access the forum's full site by using the little menu button at the bottom of my iPhone's Safari, and scroll over to "Request Desktop Site".

I access the forum's full site by using the little menu button at the bottom of my iPhone's Safari, and scroll over to "Request Desktop Site".

WHOAH!!! You've solved it! One of the biggest Forum issues, and you've figured out a solution! Thank you, Awko! :notworthy:

WHOAH!!! You've solved it! One of the biggest Forum issues, and you've figured out a solution! Thank you, Awko! :notworthy:

Sure, babe! Anytime!

Archived