Sneeze Fetish Forum

My conversation with an advice nurse (M)

Jeff

I called my doctor to talk to an advice nurse, because I have been having issues with my nose. I have had this annoying bump inside my nose and it’s irritated when I blow my nose a lot (which I do). Her name was Angie and she had a really sweet voice. I told her about my annoyance with my nose. This is how the conversation went:

Angie: Hi Jeff, tell me what’s going on with your nose.

Me: I have this annoying bump and tenderness on the tip of my right nostril, inside my nose. It hurts when I blow my nose.

Angie. I am sorry to hear that. How long has this been going on?

Me. About 2 weeks or so. Excuse me for a second, I have to blow my nose. (I blew my nose soft at first, with a slight honk. It was a little bit soggy). Sorry for that.

Angie. It’s okay.

Me. Mind if I ask you something?

Angie. Not at all.

Me. Where do you think the sound comes from when you blow your nose?

Angie. Well, I think a person’s anatomy has something to do with it. Also, the amount of stuff in there does too. Also, just the person’s choice on how hard they want to blow their nose.

Me. (blew my nose again, really soggy this time). So sorry about that.

Angie. It’s okay.

Me. I hope it doesn’t bother you that I keep blowing my nose. I am sorry that I keep doing that in your ear.

Angie. It’s okay. It’s perfectly natural.

Me. Do you think by me blowing my nose too hard, it might have something to do with it? Should I blow my nose softer, see if that would help?

Angie. No, I don’t think that has anything to do with it, but you can try to blow your nose softer and see if that helps. How often do you blow your nose in a day?

Me. About 10 times if I am not sick, but more if I am sick.

Angie. Wow, that’s a lot! Do you have bad allergies?

Me. Yeah. Doesn’t everyone blow their nose that much? How often do you blow your nose?

Angie. I only blow my nose about twice in the morning.

Me. Is it normal to blow your nose hard? How do you blow your nose?

Angie. I blow my nose hard too, sometimes it’s a little bit loud. But it’s natural, so I don’t get embarrassed about it.

Me. I normally look at the tissues after I blow my nose. Is that normal?

Angie. That’s completely normal. I do that too.

Me. (another soggy noseblow, with some honks). So sorry about that Angie.

Angie. It’s okay. I would try some Afrin or a Neti Pot to see if that helps to loosen things up so you don’t have to blow your nose so hard to get everything out.

Me. Thank you for the advice.

Angie. You’re welcome. Is there anything else I could help you with today?

Me. No, I am okay. Thanks again. I am hope I didn’t bother you by blowing my nose so much.

Angie. No. It didn’t bother me. It’s perfectly natural. I hope you feel better and have a good night!

Me. Thanks, you too!

She probably knew what you were up to; I imagine advice nurses get the medical questions equivalent of "so what are you wearing?" calls fairly often.

Archived