Sneeze Fetish Forum

Jenna Coleman's amazing nose; Whovians mourn (contains spoilers)

count tiszula

I'm a bit slow, so somehow must have missed the actual death of Clara Oswald in last week's Dr Who; what a loss! she has the sneeziest looking nose of all time [geddit]. Almost better than Billie Piper's. pointy, elongated, with an almost artificial looking upturned tip, it is ideal for any sneezy action our heroic authors might have dreamt up. Such a missed opportunity!

still, Coleman has gone off to play Queen Victoria, described by the news presenters as "the dumpy Queen". Of course she will play the young Queen, as in the film starring Jim Broadbent as William IV. think of what, classy dialogue could be put her way!

"I fear, Lord Melbourne, that Lady Flora Paget has given me a cold,...Hah-SHOO!"

" God save the Queen! Now you can legitimately dismiss her and reconcile Wellington,"

We can only dream...

Some people in the chatroom will be familiar with me banging on about Jenna Coleman having the cutest nose that I have ever seen.

It's almost so perfect that any sneeze couldn't live up to its potential - I'd be happy to see one and run that risk though :whistle:

:joal:

Is she only the second companion to die in the role, after Adric? I thought Clara was pretty rubbish at the start but she certainly went out in style.

Is she only the second companion to die in the role, after Adric?

It depends how you define "companion" - for example there was someone who travelled with the Doctor for a few episodes in the 1960s called Sara Kingdom. She died during a 12 part story called The Daleks' Masterplan.

Anyway, back to Jenna (Clara). Based on the evidence of Moffat's time in charge of Doctor Who, it would come as no surprise at all to me, if she appeared in some shape or form in episode 12 (the season finale) next week. Being "dead" in Doctor Who is not always as final as one might think :glare:

Anyway, back to Jenna (Clara). Based on the evidence of Moffat's time in charge of Doctor Who, it would come as no surprise at all to me, if she appeared in some shape or form in episode 12 (the season finale) next week. Being "dead" in Doctor Who is not always as final as one might think :glare:

Hmm- well, I don't mind if it's like "Clara but not Clara". I do hope they don't actually decide to bring Clara herself back from the dead though- that would completely ruin the gravity of her death. However, given how incredibly overdone Clara's goodbye scene was, I don't think they'll do that.

Edit: Also- I've got to say, they've made a thing in new Doctor Who before about dangerous and terrible the Doctor could be if he turned rogue... the only time I have ever found the Doctor remotely scary is when he threatened Me/Ashildr at the end of that episode. One vague threat from the Twelfth Doctor made me believe more that the character could have a dark side than anything the previous three did (even Christopher Eccleston). Long live Peter Capaldi!

• 2 weeks later...

Is she only the second companion to die in the role, after Adric?

And now it also depends how you define "die" :P

Based on the evidence of Moffat's time in charge of Doctor Who, it would come as no surprise at all to me, if she appeared in some shape or form in episode 12 (the season finale) next week.

Well, Clara's appearance in the final episode was a real surprise! (not) :awesum:

Great episode though!

:joal:

Yeah- despite the fact that they (kinda) undid her death, I think this has been 100% the most consistently good series of new Dr Who so far. Once again: long live Peter Capaldi.

Archived