Sneeze Fetish Forum

Xmen DOFP Erik headcanon/prompt

sallyhally

Hello (it's me)

I recently saw xmen first class and dofp for the first time and immediately joined the fandom (yeah I know, I'm kinda late)! I love comics, I love superhero movies, I love love love Charles and Eriks friendship, and Michael fassbender has been one of my favourite actors for ages.

But enough of that, let's get to the point.

soooo SPOILER ALERT (well more or less)

In Dofp Erik is imprisoned for being involved into the assassination of the president. Later it's revealed that erik tried to save him but couldn't for some reason but that's why the bullet curved. The movie just kinda went with this and didnt provide any further information but I (and I really can't be the only one) wondered

1) why the hell couldn't he stop the bullet? Is there ANY reason? I mean by the end of first class erik has pretty mich gained full control over his powers abd is lifting big ass submarines and stopping hundreds of missles mid air but he couldn't deflect one tiny bullet???

2) How did the government even CATCH erik after they figured out he might have been involved in the whole affair? I mean that dude is one of the most powerful mutants ever, has a whole brotherhood behind him AND he can fly!

Magneto must have been in some seriously weakened state to mess up that much. (I think you can see where this is going) So personally I like to think he must have been sick (aaaaaaaaaaaah). And maybe all of that happened after he parted with raven and he just tries to do one more thig right to prove he's not such an idiot after all and goes to rescue the prez even though he's not feeling well, but things turn out quite unfortunate for him.

As I have mentioned before English is not my first language and I don't yet feel confident to write in it and writing/reading this kind of fanfiction in my mother tongue is just an absolute no-go and totally weird for me. Therefore if anyone would like to try his/her habd on this or something similar I would be unbelievably grateful/happy.

But even if not, what do you think about my headcanon? Do you have any other theoeies about this particular part of the movie (or really anything in it in general?) I would love to chat!

Sry this turned out so long! :/

Sally

Archived