Sneeze Fetish Forum

Would anybody be interested in a foreign language film?

Juniebee

Hey guys

So , I'm SW Asian, and I have this story in my head that's an expy of my own family, the only issue is, I'd love to include my language into it. And I'd have translation, such as

(Foreign words)" English dialogue "

I love my language and want to include it, the letters would be in english, or do you think I should stick to english? It's an idea I've had for a while and I'd love to incroporate my language, I just don't wanna look stupid. Help please

I'm a little confused, are you making a film or writing a story? In any case if you want to use your own language, go ahead, it's great to embrace your own culture in art you create. But we are an english speaking community on here for the most part so the number of people who will come to read your story, will be somewhat limited. 

5 minutes ago, Melody said:

I'm a little confused, are you making a film or writing a story? In any case if you want to use your own language, go ahead, it's great to embrace your own culture in art you create. But we are an english speaking community on here for the most part so the number of people who will come to read your story, will be somewhat limited. 

Oops, I meant story. It's late and I'm tired. Oh ofc, most will be in English, the SW language is mainly to include the culture more seamlessly, and my heart yearns for it. The main dialogue will be in English , since it is still taking place in the US. I'm just asking if you guys would mind that, or think it would take away form the story, then I will just use English.

3 minutes ago, Mwsapphire said:

Oops, I meant story. It's late and I'm tired. Oh ofc, most will be in English, the SW language is mainly to include the culture more seamlessly, and my heart yearns for it. The main dialogue will be in English , since it is still taking place in the US. I'm just asking if you guys would mind that, or think it would take away form the story, then I will just use English.

Then of course go for it!! It makes the story more authentic in my opinion! I love seeing effort and dedication that some writers here put into their stories :)

I would love to read that story! Go for it!! I study foreign languages at my college, and I'm always interested in new ones. I've studied Germanic, Romantic, [East] Slavic, Ancient/dead, and East Asian (EA) languages, and I'm always up for learning more about other languages and cultures. Also, I think your formatting will be perfect! What language(s) do you intend on including, if you don't mind me asking? 

My native language is English and I've studied German, French, Spanish, Latin, Russian, Japanese, and Korean. I've also dabbled in a few others, including Chinese, mostly Mandarin Chinese. Right now, I'm taking Spanish at my college, recently finished an Introduction to Russian class, and at home I'm studying Japanese and Korean on the side.

Archived