Sneeze Fetish Forum

Phone conversation: "You sound terrible"

Geneticist

This is an observation from a while back that I kept meaning to put on here...I don't get a chance to post often, but this was too good not to share. I do apologise for this being so late! Anyway, this one is for anyone who, like me, is a huge sucker for the "cold" voice: hoarse and congested.

A couple months ago, I had a cracker of a phone conversation with a colleague that had stayed home sick. For those that like a visual, he is very handsome for someone who looks as if they never sleep. Dark hair and eyes, a cheeky smile, a classic Roman nose and an athletic physique.

Anyway, we'd gotten some unexpected news regarding a collaboration, and  so I had emailed him to give a heads up as I knew he'd want to know. Almost immediately, I got a reply back: "Sorry, I can't be bothered with the computer at the moment, can I phone you?"

About a minute later, I got an incoming call from him and so stepped out into an unused room to take it. 

Me: "Hello?"

Him, in the most congested, raspy, crackling voice I can honestly ever remember hearing, about half an octave lower than usual: 

"Hi....sorry for the voice, this cold's killing me."

He sounded so awful that I genuinely didn't register it was him for a second, and I actually blurted out: "Oh my gosh, you sound dreadful."

Him: "Cheers...*cough* *thick sniffle* oh it sounds worse to be honest, I'm just mostly feeling sorry for myself."

We discussed the work issue for a while, with him sounding like his nose was completely and hopelessly blocked, with the occasional fruitless sniffle or dry cough. I was completely floored...the caretaking instinct took over and felt so bad for him, as it was probably the worst sounding cold I'd heard in a long time.

:wub: That sounds like just the kind of call I'd want to take! Thanks for sharing!!

I totally get your appreciation. That voice... such a change from the way they normally speak.

2 hours ago, Dusty15 said:

:wub: That sounds like just the kind of call I'd want to take! Thanks for sharing!!

Thank you, my pleasure! I felt terrible for him but it was an unexpected surprise...I'm sure it helps that he's a bit dreamy when he's in full health...add a horrendous cold and it was a bit tough to talk chemistry to be honest. A lovely English accent becomes that much nicer when you can't pronounce your m's and n's....

Oh that sounds nice ouo

Sick voices are just delicious.

• 1 year later...

Archived