Sneeze Fetish Forum

Help changing my name

FluffZilla

Hey everyone. I would LOVE to change my name to something diff, except I've been a member for an entire year and yet I have not be validated yet? Like what even? It doesn't make any sense? And bc of that, I am not able to change my Display name... :nosad:

Please help in any way, thank you. :D

You've been a member for less than a year and I don't think I've ever seen you post. A quick peek at your profile shows me that you have fifteen posts total. I'm sure staff will be in shortly to let you known that it's not the length of your membership or even the amount of posts you have, but the quality of your contributions and your general presence on the boards. I can't remember how long it took me to get validated, but it didn't happen overnight. I didn't even become a full member until recently and I've been here almost ten years. I get that it sucks not having the perks that come with validation but that should serve as motivation for you to be more active and make positive contributions to the forum.

I think staff may be able to help you with your username, or you'll have to wait til validation.

@AnonyMouse and @Kaze wo Hiku said everything I would have said (and thank you Kaze for linking to those threads).

Validation is something which is earned, by means of proving yourself as a positive, contributing member of the community. Because of this, validation can take some time, which can be a deterrent for some people, but if you continue to post frequently (as long as it's not spamming) and in a positive way, then validation is generally quite quick.

I remember it took me about 2 months to become validated and I had around 80-90 posts so all of us have been there and know what it's like, but patience is a virtue.

As for the name change, I am happy to change it if you tell me what you want it changing to but I would state that this will be a one-off thing. The Staff are flexible, but granting members perks that validation brings kind of defeats the object of waiting to be validated to get those perks.

@Kaze wo Hiku @AnonyMouse @PuddinPop

Thank you all for this info. I am rather sorry if I came off a little impatient or even rude. I guess I should be more active but I prefer to hear from others than to post much. Still, I guess I could give it a shot

As for the new name, I'd like to be FluffZilla please. ^_^ Thank you again.

@FluffZilla this has been changed :)

Don't worry about your post, I didn't think you were being rude. But if you keep posting positively, validation will surely soon follow~!

Archived