Sneeze Fetish Forum

Lifelove1's Drabble Thread (mostly X-Files)

lifelove1

Edit: Now that I have several drabbles (and more floating around in my head!) I'm turning this into an X-Files themed drabble thread. It will mostly be Scully-centric, with other characters thrown in for variety :) Thanks in advance for reading!

Just had this little idea floating around in my head; sorry if it's a little dopey :P Set in season 5, shortly after <spoilers> Scully's cancer is cured. 

Scully shut the dusty tome in front of them with a sigh. "Mulder, I don't know what you expect to find…ah…" She suddenly leaned back and buried her face in her elbow.

"Heh-ishoo! …Oh!" She raised her eyebrows in mild surprise. Mulder glanced over at her quizzically.

"What is it?"

Scully blushed. "I guess…when I was diagnosed with cancer, the nasopharyngeal tumor was impeding on my trigeminal nerve, so I couldn't sneeze." She laughed a little. "I guess I didn't realize that I missed it until now."

"Sounds like a Spanish blessing is in order," Mulder smiled. "'Salud.' It means 'to your health.'"

Scully smiled back. "Thanks, Mulder."

Awhhhhhhh, this is adorable! I love it. You capture them so well in such a short space of time and I'd love to see more from you if you ever want to write more!

I love that line - "I guess I didn't realize that I missed it until now." And Mulder's "salud." Very cute.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! Sorry for taking a while to respond, but here's another little Scully-centric drabble set sometime in Season 3 . At 200+ words I more than doubled my intended limit, but I didn't think anyone would mind! :P 

Scully breathed a sigh of relief when she heard the elevator doors whoosh shut. Mulder, much to his displeasure, had been summoned to Quantico for the rest of the afternoon, leaving Scully to finish her autopsy reports alone. It wasn't that she wished  the misery of afternoon Beltway traffic on her partner; it was just that she'd been feeling progressively worse as the day went on and she wasn't sure how much longer she could hide it. If she had to be sick, she'd rather suffer alone. With Mulder gone, she could finish the reports and sleep through the weekend with no one the wiser.

Scully had just finished typing up the final page when a tickle in her nose made her pause. She'd stifled countless sneezes that morning without Mulder noticing, but now she quickly grabbed a tissue from the box on the desk and gave in to the sneezing fit.

"Gesundheit," came a rumbling voice from the doorway when she was done.

She groaned inwardly and murmured an embarrassed thanks to Assistant Director Skinner, the last person Scully wanted to see her when she wasn't 100%.

“Would now be a good time to go over those autopsy reports?”

“Of course, sir,” Scully lied, straightening her shoulders. She’d have to put off curling up under the bedcovers just a little while longer.

Wait... Scully had cancer!?

Just kidding. ;) 

I wanted to say good job on these drabbles! :D You have a great writing style! Please continue!!

Oh this newest one is too cute! Poor Scully. She would be the suffer-in-silence type though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This one's a little different, with Doggett the focus rather than Scully. Hope some of you might still appreciate it! :P As much as I resented Reyes and Doggett when they first appeared on the show, I did come to appreciate and (even like!) his character by the end.

Three weeks into their new partnership, neither special agent had relaxed much around the other. Doggett took his cues from Scully, who discussed nothing with him except their current cases and the ongoing search for Mulder. 

They did not make small talk. Their silences were tense. 

So Doggett could have kicked himself at work one day when his nose began to itch insistently, and he realized that he'd forgotten to take his allergy medication that morning. He managed to limit himself to quiet sniffles for the better part of an hour before he could no longer suppress the burgeoning need. Quickly extricating a handkerchief from his pocket, Doggett leaned back in his chair and held it several inches in front of his face, panting shallowly, until -

"Hayeshahh! HaESSCHaah!"

"Bless you," said Scully, eyebrow raised slightly. 

"Thank y… yah…ahh…" Doggett managed before turning away into the handkerchief again. "Ha-eshhhh! YESCHahh! HaYESSHhhah! ESHAHHH!! Sorry," he sniffled apologetically. "Allergies." He blew his nose, hoping that his cheeks were not as red as his nose must surely be. 

When he looked up, Scully was standing next to him, her hand outstretched. In it lay two pink Benadryl tablets, for which Doggett was so relieved that he forgot to be wary.

"You've got allergies too, huh?" he asked as he gratefully swallowed the pills, though in truth he had a hard time imagining the stoic woman in front of him dissolving into the sneezing, sniffling mess that he became each spring. 

Scully shook her head. "No, Agent Mulder does. He'd forget to take them so often that I started keeping a supply in my desk drawer."

Now this was the kind of partnership Doggett was familiar with: knowing your partner better than they knew themselves; having each other's backs in even the smallest of ways. Suddenly, and for the first time, he appreciated the magnitude of what Scully had lost that night in the Oregon woods.

"Well, God bless Agent Muldah for that," he said sincerely, and he could have sworn he saw the tiniest smile quirk the corner of his partner's mouth. 

A sneezy Agent Doggett- I love it!! And I liked how you slipped in the reference to Mulder having allergies! Loved that lovely picture in my head!! ? Excellent!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

As Xnseezelover3932 pointed out, the forum's been awfully devoid of XF fics lately :) Hopefully this will help get the ball rolling! 

---------------------

The phone rang, and was immediately answered - not by Scully, but by the shrill yapping of her newly-acquired canine companion. The aggrieved Pomeranian had vaulted off the kitchen chair at the first trill and was trembling with excitement as he loudly voiced his disapproval of landline communication.

"Shhh, Queequeg!" she admonished, hastening to answer her phone and silence both the ringing and the frenzied barking. Her words had no effect whatsoever. 

"Hey, Scully," came Mulder's voice on the other end. "Doesn't that thing have a mute button?"

Scully cradled the cordless between her ear and shoulder as she bent to pick up Queequeg, whose fur she had been brushing before Mulder's interruption.

"The phone startled him," she explained. "I was just getting ready to take him over to Mom's for the weekend." She plunked the diminutive dog back on the chair, where he immediately shook himself and sent fur flying in all directions. 

"I hope for her sake that your mother's the Dog Whisperer." 

If she is, she didn't pass the skill along to her daughter, Scully thought, waving dog hair away from her face in disgust as she resumed brushing. Of course, she wouldn't confess that to her partner. Despite Queequeg's many flaws (which Mulder delighted in pointing out), she had already grown attached to the furball.

"So are you all packed for our flight tomorrow?" she deflected, rubbing her nose. 

"Everything but the cowboy boots. Do you think they'll kick me out of Texas for wearing dress shoes?"

"I'm pretty sure they've seen business suits before, Mulder." Scully sniffled, then wished she hadn't. The itch in her nose immediately intensified, and she willed herself not to sneeze. Queequeg, who had momentarily ceased his yapping, began to whine the instant she stopped brushing him. 

"Where we're going, I'm not so sure," Mulder mused. "So I'll pick you up at 7?" 

The urge to sneeze was too pressing; Scully couldn't stave it off any longer. Not wanting her partner to hear, she pinched her nose and tried to stifle the noise. She was almost successful, but for a small, high-pitched squeak that she couldn't muffle. 

"What was that?" Mulder asked. Scully let out a breath and felt her cheeks reddening. 

"I uh, stepped on Queequeg," she lied, swiping at her nose. The tiny dog stopped whining and cocked his head quizzically at the mention of his name. 

"Wow, Scully. I didn't think you were one for corporal punishment, but I guess that's one way to get him to shut up."

Scully was glad he couldn't see her smile. "See you at 7, Mulder."

• 2 months later...

Silly me! I forgot to check the forum for like 3 months and I missed this great drabble!  Thank you so much! That was really cute. I love how she blamed it on the dog! Haha! Nice little treat to find tonight. ?

Aw, thanks, Xsneezelover3932! I wasn't sure if any fellow X-Philes had seen this :) Glad you liked it and will try and cultivate the inspiration to write some more in the near future. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

New X-Files drabble! This is set back sometime in the original run of the show because I'm largely pretending that Seasons 10 and 11 didn't happen LOL :P

"On Assignment" 

Mulder and Scully squeezed into the back of the precinct conference room just as the lights were being dimmed for the slide show. They were familiar with the details of the case, having been briefed by Skinner back in D.C. that morning, but they were to support the local police in whatever capacity they could. 

A series of quick movements from his partner, standing in front of him, caught Mulder's attention in the darkened room. For a confusing moment he thought she was muffling sobs. The details of the crime were sobering, but not worse than any other child abduction case; why would this one affect her so? Concerned, Mulder was about to lean forward and ask what was wrong when Scully quietly slipped past him out of the room, hands pressed over her face. 

When the lights came back on several minutes later and the cops began crowding to the front of the room to receive their assignments, Mulder surreptitiously left to search for his partner. He found her in the hallway, holding a tissue to her nose to muffle a sneezing fit. When she noticed Mulder, she looked guilty and hastily wiped her nose.

"Bless you," he smiled, relieved that she wasn't upset over the case.

"Sorry," she said with a sniffle. "What'd I miss?"

"Nothing major. We're to head downtown and interview the teachers at the  middle school." He took in her flushed cheeks and pink nose with some concern. "Scully, are you -"

Scully held up a finger to interrupt him and turned away to catch another rapid-fire series of sneezes in the crook of her arm.

"Bless you! Are you feeling up to this?"

"Mulder, a child is missing. How I feel isn't really important."

"I just meant I could handle the interviews if - " 

Scully waved him off and started down the hallway. "The sooner we catch this bastard, the sooner we can get back to D.C.," she pointed out, before breaking off and wrinkling her nose. "Oh God," she murmured to herself, and sneezed six more times, finishing with a frustrated sigh. Mulder quirked an eyebrow at her.

"Maybe we can stop for tissues on the way," she conceded. 

Note: Sick!Scully is my favorite but I realized after writing this that the sneezes are pretty ambiguous as far as a reason goes (illness versus allergies), so interpret them however you want :) 

I’m so glad to see you updated! This drabble is adorable & wonderfully written. I’d love it if you wrote more! You capture MSR with such grace.

8 hours ago, curlyq9393 said:

I’m so glad to see you updated! This drabble is adorable & wonderfully written. I’d love it if you wrote more! You capture MSR with such grace.

Thank you so much, curlyq!! That means a ton coming from you - I LOVE your X-Files stories and characterizations (ooh, and your Stella/Reed pieces...well, actually all of your beautiful writings, lol) Hopefully you'll be inspired to write more yourself in the not-too-distant future? *wink wink nudge nudge*

I was on a roll this weekend and did just add a slightly longer X-Files story over on the fanfiction board for those who may be interested... :D 

Omg!!! You all are having me in X-Files heaven over here with all the updates. I loved this so much!!!! Love Mulder being concerned for her and her shaking it off- typical Scully! As always, hope you write more! I seriously can't get enough!! 

• 4 weeks later...

Tried to get back to real drabble format for this one - only 150 words! O.o Set during the revival, not too long after Mulder & Scully start working together again; Scully contemplates the changing nature of their relationship.

-------------

"Heh-kshhiew!" Agent Scully sneezed for what seemed like the hundredth time that day and sighed.

"You sound like you're getting sick," her partner observed. 

Scully felt a momentary twinge of annoyance. What made Mulder think he still knew anything about her, when so much in her life had changed? The fact that he was right was, of course, beside the point.

"I'm fine," she replied automatically, fishing in her pocket for a tissue, and to her surprise Mulder didn't push the matter. But he seemed, perhaps, a little disappointed, as if he'd hoped that somewhere in the intervening years they might have moved past I'm fine into the realm of I'll admit it, but I trust you not to make a fuss. 

Scully blew her nose quietly and gazed out the passenger side window, wondering if, after all, Mulder had changed, and she was the one stuck in the past.

As always, another amazing story! Hurt/comfort stories are my jam so I love how it’s like Mulder already knows she’s sick and typical Scully doesn’t want to admit it and is irritated with how well he knows her!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Back from a long hiatus with a Mulder-centric story! This one has been floating around my head for a while and is set during the revival, inspired somewhat by the church scenes in Season 11. :) 

Scully paused in front of the massive wooded doors and turned to Mulder. 

"I think I'm going to stop in for a few minutes," she told him, inclining her head towards the church. "I can meet you back at the motel."

"Mind if I tag along?"

Scully frowned. "Mulder…"

"No, really," he hastened to add, in case she thought he was making fun. "I just wanted… I'm just curious."

She gave him a suspicious look, but she didn't protest as Mulder followed her up the steps and through the heavy oak doors. 

The old church was filled with morning light but was otherwise empty except for a few altar boys practicing for the upcoming Sunday mass and a priest overseeing the rehearsal. Scully led them to a wooden pew in the second to last row and took a seat. She bowed her head slightly, already sinking deep into thought or prayer. Next to her, Mulder settled in and let his mind start to wander. The altar boys had lit braziers full of incense and were walking down the aisles with practiced decorum, no doubt resisting the urge to swing them in circles under the hawklike gaze of the priest. Mulder rubbed absently at his nose, thinking that they were doing a much better job than he would have.

"Huh-RSHUUOOO!" The sneeze burst out of him without warning, destroying the quiet atmosphere of the church and making Scully and the altar boys jump several inches. She glanced over at him and whispered "Bless you." 

"Thanks," sniffled Mulder, nose still itching. He extracted a handkerchief from his  pocket just in time to catch several more sneezes and wiped his running nose.  

Mulder tried to keep the sniffling to a minimum in the silent church, but it soon became apparent that his nose had other ideas. After several minutes, he turned away from Scully and sneezed three more times into his increasingly damp handkerchief. The altar boys, still swinging their smoky braziers, glanced his way  and started giggling before the priest barked at them to focus. 

"Are you all right, Mulder?" his partner asked in a low voice, frowning slightly with concern.

"Yeah, I think it's just the incense," he murmured, trying and failing to blow his nose quietly. "Huh-RSHHH! HuhRUSHHoo!!"

The cranky priest was now glaring at them both. Scully leaned over and whispered in his ear, "You're going to get us kicked out of here." 

Mulder glanced toward the front of the church and whispered solemnly, "Bless me, father, for I have sneezed."

Scully couldn't help herself; she let out a snort of laughter. It was evidently the last straw for the priest, who narrowed his eyes and started striding angrily in their direction. Scully stood abruptly.

"Come on," she murmured, grabbing Mulder by the hand and leading him towards the door. It was a good thing, too, because his eyes were streaming so much that he wouldn't have been able to see where he was going on his own. Mulder had the distinct impression that this wasn't the first time his partner had made a quick getaway during church and was about to ask her, but at that moment they emerged into the bright morning sunshine and he was hit by a fit of rapid sneezes that took several minutes to subside.  

Scully waited patiently for him to finish. "Bless you, Mulder."

"Ugh. I'm sorry, Scully," he apologized, blowing his nose a final time. "I can meet you back at the motel if you want to go back in." 

"I'm not sure I'd be welcome," she replied, and suddenly started laughing. 

"What?" he asked, sniffling a little self-consciously as they started off down the street, though he was relieved that she wasn't mad. 

Scully shook her head, chuckling. "I can't believe that you're literally allergic to church, Mulder."

17 hours ago, lifelove1 said:

Back from a long hiatus with a Mulder-centric story! This one has been floating around my head for a while and is set during the revival, inspired somewhat by the church scenes in Season 11. :) 

Scully paused in front of the massive wooded doors and turned to Mulder. 

"I think I'm going to stop in for a few minutes," she told him, inclining her head towards the church. "I can meet you back at the motel."

"Mind if I tag along?"

Scully frowned. "Mulder…"

"No, really," he hastened to add, in case she thought he was making fun. "I just wanted… I'm just curious."

She gave him a suspicious look, but she didn't protest as Mulder followed her up the steps and through the heavy oak doors. 

The old church was filled with morning light but was otherwise empty except for a few altar boys practicing for the upcoming Sunday mass and a priest overseeing the rehearsal. Scully led them to a wooden pew in the second to last row and took a seat. She bowed her head slightly, already sinking deep into thought or prayer. Next to her, Mulder settled in and let his mind start to wander. The altar boys had lit braziers full of incense and were walking down the aisles with practiced decorum, no doubt resisting the urge to swing them in circles under the hawklike gaze of the priest. Mulder rubbed absently at his nose, thinking that they were doing a much better job than he would have.

"Huh-RSHUUOOO!" The sneeze burst out of him without warning, destroying the quiet atmosphere of the church and making Scully and the altar boys jump several inches. She glanced over at him and whispered "Bless you." 

"Thanks," sniffled Mulder, nose still itching. He extracted a handkerchief from his  pocket just in time to catch several more sneezes and wiped his running nose.  

Mulder tried to keep the sniffling to a minimum in the silent church, but it soon became apparent that his nose had other ideas. After several minutes, he turned away from Scully and sneezed three more times into his increasingly damp handkerchief. The altar boys, still swinging their smoky braziers, glanced his way  and started giggling before the priest barked at them to focus. 

"Are you all right, Mulder?" his partner asked in a low voice, frowning slightly with concern.

"Yeah, I think it's just the incense," he murmured, trying and failing to blow his nose quietly. "Huh-RSHHH! HuhRUSHHoo!!"

The cranky priest was now glaring at them both. Scully leaned over and whispered in his ear, "You're going to get us kicked out of here." 

Mulder glanced toward the front of the church and whispered solemnly, "Bless me, father, for I have sneezed."

Scully couldn't help herself; she let out a snort of laughter. It was evidently the last straw for the priest, who narrowed his eyes and started striding angrily in their direction. Scully stood abruptly.

"Come on," she murmured, grabbing Mulder by the hand and leading him towards the door. It was a good thing, too, because his eyes were streaming so much that he wouldn't have been able to see where he was going on his own. Mulder had the distinct impression that this wasn't the first time his partner had made a quick getaway during church and was about to ask her, but at that moment they emerged into the bright morning sunshine and he was hit by a fit of rapid sneezes that took several minutes to subside.  

Scully waited patiently for him to finish. "Bless you, Mulder."

"Ugh. I'm sorry, Scully," he apologized, blowing his nose a final time. "I can meet you back at the motel if you want to go back in." 

"I'm not sure I'd be welcome," she replied, and suddenly started laughing. 

"What?" he asked, sniffling a little self-consciously as they started off down the street, though he was relieved that she wasn't mad. 

Scully shook her head, chuckling. "I can't believe that you're literally allergic to church, Mulder."

LOVED IT!!! Mulder allergic to church! Lol! That was great and so fitting! Glad to see you back writing!! 

Archived