Sneeze Fetish Forum

Man's Best Friend

BananaFan

Okay, this might come off as anthro, but it isn't. The perspective of this drabble is from the sick guy's dog. (I know, sounds weird but I've had this rolling around in my head for a bit, and I just ran with it). Enjoy!

I knew something was wrong when master came home late one night, having paused at the door to cough into his arm. I went to greet him as usual, but he did not give me the affection he usually did when he came home from a long work day. Normally he would kneel down, pat my head, maybe rub my ear playfully. But not today. Today master smelled of sweat and illness. He tossed his keys unceremoniously onto the coffee table and gave me a brief pat as he meandered into the kitchen, sniffling all along the way. 

I followed, giving him a hopeful wag of my tail. He didn't seem to notice as he fumbled through the cabinets, groping at different bottles of horrid smelling liquids he never let me near. Master poured some of a particularly foul concoction into a little cup and he drank it. I didn't ask for any. He could have that treat for himself.
He snatched a box of little thin papers that he sometimes used to wipe up spills and went to flop down on the couch. I followed as he chucked the box onto the table in front of him.

I eyed the couch timidly. There was enough room for me, and I wanted very much to sit next to master. I blinked up at him, giving my finest 'puppy eyes', letting my tail sway sadly. He took one of the slips of paper and covered his face with it. A very loud honking sound came from his face and I laid my ears back, hoping he wasn't mad at me for begging. 
I placed my head tentatively on his knee, giving him a comforting nuzzle. He sniffled and pat my head again with one hand while scrubbing at his nose with the other. I gazed up at him, imploring him to let me be closer. 
He did not answer right away. He was busy breathing into his cupped hand - rapid shallow breaths that came faster and faster each time he let one out.

"HHSHHHN!!!" the sound came so forcefully, I thought he might be in danger. Master groped for the box of papers, palming the table where they sat just out of reach. His hand blocked his scrunched view of the table, so I helped by nudging the box closer to his hand. He found one just as another of the sounds came out, more forcefully than the first. "HNNSHH! H-HISHH -UN!!!"
I leapt onto the couch, unable to control my concern. I nuzzled him, bumping his arm so that his elbow rested on my back. I whined, asking with my eyes "Are you okay?"
Master looked down at me with puffy eyes. He ran his fingers over my topcoat and smiled.

"S'ok buddy. I'm jhh...just...hhh" he didn't finish his sentence, and this time I knew what was about to happen. His fingers curled, grasping a fistful of my fur as his body convulsed in a spasm of hitching. "HNNNSHHH-ooooh!!" He threw the sound into another of the little papers. I blinked up at him and he gave me a sniffly grin. "Hm, guess I wasn't done, eh?" He smoothed out my fur where he had held it during the expulsion. "Sorry 'bout that."
I accepted his apology with a tip of my ear and snuggled closer to keep him warm.

These sounds would not defeat master while I was here to help him.

Aw, that's really cute. It sounds weird that the perspective is from the sick Guy's dog but it works really well actually.

• 6 months later...

Omg!! What a great idea!! I LOVED THIS especially since I love dogs and of course, my own dog- and their concern for us when we'43 sick or stressed is REAL. People without dogs probably understand as much but I'm sure you nailed it. I'm sure they think just like this. This was such a fun read. :) so sweet!

Archived