Sneeze Fetish Forum

Writing Motivation/Help

Mr. Black Cherry Berry Tea

Hey all,

So I'm sure like many of us who write stories on the forum, I have a whole mass of half-written things, sketched-out ideas that sound really exciting, but I rarely have the motivation to actually, you know, finish one. Much less all the multi-part stories that I need to, you know, write more parts of. So my question is, how do the fic writers here find motivation to actually finish things? Hoping we can brainstorm good ways to a) actually finish more things, and b ) maybe help each other out somehow? Maybe people could bring up plot problems they're having or questions on about fetish writing. I dunno, I just think it would be cool to have a space to discuss the perils of actually getting a good sneezefic out of your head and on the page and up on the forum (or your personal site or tumblr or what have you).

Man, I have so many unfinished things.  This caught my attention since I was actually just about to sit down and try to work on an original story (that probably no one will ever see, still...).  My problem with a lot of the best scenes that I imagine is always that it's easier to imagine than to capture with words. I always end up writing up to the best part and then just think about what I want to happen, get all giddy, and then never actually put it down.  Sometimes it helps if I'm writing it with a friend or the forum in mind as an eventual audience, but I am not very good with external OR internal motivation if I don't feel the rush of excitement to write.  Hmm... Not sure how to get past that except to just write and fix it if you don't like it later.

*Looks at her gdoc* 

Yeah I feel ya :lol:

This honestly is my problem 99% of the time. I get an idea I write it for several days or weeks and then boom I'm spent but my story isn't done.

Sometimes if I have several active projects I'll flip btwn them so I'm not concentrating on the same thing  (unless I'm in the zone).

Currently I've 4 multi part stories that arent finished, since 2 are actually posted here I'll probably try to finish those first but to jump start my brain js harder. Sometimes I just put on music and tell myself I'm gonna write. Usually if I can get the first couple of lines Im good.

Sadly I don't have the cure of this so trust me I'd bottle it and sell it.

Archived