Sneeze Fetish Forum

Winged's Drabbles 2.0 (Criminal Minds, OCs)

Winged

I was going to revive my first drabble thread, but considering it's about 4 years old at this point I figured I'd start fresh!

For the first drabble, lately I've been really enjoying a webseries called Haunted or Hoax, which follows two young adults (Casey and Jac) as they investigate Grantham House, a creepy old Victorian where people have continued to die in mysterious ways since the murder of the original owners in the 1800s. Casey and Jac are like Mulder and Scully, in that order -- Casey is all gung-ho into investigating a potential supernatural occurrence and Jac just wants to keep her friend out of trouble. They're being hosted by the current owner of the house, an artist named Ellia who isn't very forthcoming about the place or, well, anything.

The webseries has been advertised as an LGBT series, so eventually two of these girls are gonna kiss! My money is on Casey and Ellia (partially because Ellia is played by one of my favorite actresses), but I'd be fine with any of them tbh.

The webseries is actually super fun and has only aired like 10 episodes, so I'd definitely recommend checking it out! You can find it on YouTube.

--

The webcam was on, and Casey felt herself easily slipping into reporter mode. She sat up straight, pushed her shoulders back, and turned towards the girl sitting on the ottoman beside her.

“So, Ellia! Thank you so much for joining us today,” she said brightly, shooting a grin at the camera for full effect. Ellia, however, was gazing at the floor with about as much liveliness as a slug.

“Ellia,” she said, sharper this time. The other girl finally looked at her, but her eyes were flat and distant. She clearly had no interest in doing this interview. Casey let out a sigh of frustration and leaned over to turn off the camera.

“I thought we decided you were going to open up to me,” she reminded Ellia, who was fiddling with her hat and refusing to meet Casey’s gaze. 

We didn’t decide anything,” Ellia snapped. One of her pale, delicate hands came up to rub quickly at her nose, then fell back to her lap.

“I thought you wanted to do this interview!”

“I said I’d do the interview, didn’t I? Fine. Interview me.”

Casey rolled her shoulders, trying to loosen the tension in her muscles. She didn’t think she’d been able to relax since they’d settled here three nights ago. The house just didn’t allow it. “I thought you’d be more interested in this,” she said finally. “In what Jac and I are doing here. Don’t you want to find out more about the place where your mother died?”

Ellia finally looked at her then, her eyes somehow both sharp and sad. “This house is bad luck, Casey,” she said. “Nothing good ever comes to anyone who stays here. So can you see why I don’t exactly want to talk about it?” Another quick, aggressive rub at her nose. Casey found herself watching Ellia’s hands for a moment before snapping back to the present.

“We’re going to find out the truth, Ellia,” she said. “And who knows? Maybe you’ll get some closure.”

Ellia huffed out a disbelieving sigh. “Right. Like you guys will find out anything that I haven’t.” But she shrugged. “We can try again, I guess.”

Brightening, Casey clicked the camera back on and restored her reporter face. “Welcome back, Haunted or Hoax viewers!” She started again. “It’s day four here in Grantham House, and the owner, Ellia Henderson, has finally agreed to an interview!” She moved her gaze from the camera over towards Ellia, and smiled welcomingly. 

Ellia, however, was not looking at the camera. She was staring off into space again, and Casey felt a rush of frustration. She was about to cut the recording when Ellia took a soft, extended inhale, her eyes fluttering closed, and hid her nose and mouth behind steepled hands. Casey watched, spellbound. Was Ellia Henderson, the Ice Queen of Grantham, about to…sneeze?

The answer was yes — Ellia squeezed her eyes shut and jerked forward with a stifled “hh’CHH!” that curled her shoulders in and bowed her head. She paused there for a moment, sniffling cautiously, and then re-emerged with a sigh.

“Bless you,” Casey finally managed. Ellia ignored her, still sniffling, and shot a glance back towards the camera.

“You were saying?”

“Oh, yes!” Casey rearranged herself to face her laptop. “Like I was saying, Ellia inherited Grantham House over twenty-three years ago, when her mother passed away in a tragic accident.” There was another sniffle from Ellia, and Casey glanced quickly over to make sure her star witness was holding it together.

She wasn’t. Ellia’s face was buried in her hands again. “hh’EHHshhuuh, Ehhsshhu!”

Casey leaned quickly over to cut the video feed. “Bless you. Are you okay?”

Ellia sniffed deeply and coughed into her fist, turning away from Casey. “Sorry,” she said roughly. “I think I’m coming down with something.”

“We shouldn’t have had you out running around in the snow on that first day,” Casey fretted, twisting her hands in her lap. “I’m sorry, Ellia. We can definitely do this another day.”

Ellia smiled — actually smiled, just a tiny quirk of her lips — and coughed again. “I think that’d be good. Maybe I’ll actually have more to say then.”

Casey doubted it, but she couldn’t help but return the smile.

If the show's anywhere near as adorable as this drabble, then I definitely need to check it out

ssuper cute, and I'm looking forward to whatever you post next :)

So I may or may not have literally just finished binge-watching the entire show so far and it was so worth it! I'm a sucker for ridiculous paranormal stuff in general and this is a great show! I love Casey and Jac's relationship and the Mulder and Scully-esque thing they've got going on. Plus it's got Natasha Negovanlis in it, so you really can't go wrong lol. This drabble was so good! I really love the subtle descriptions of Ellia rubbing her nose and then how she basically collapses in on herself, just yes!! :razz: This was fantastic, the show's wonderful, and I can't wait to see what else you write!

On July 9, 2016 at 5:54 PM, SexyGodlikeHair said:

If the show's anywhere near as adorable as this drabble, then I definitely need to check it out

ssuper cute, and I'm looking forward to whatever you post next :)

Thank you!! The show is a lot of fun, it has some issues with pacing at the beginning but it's still definitely enjoyable. Plus Ellia's actress is pansexual!

On July 10, 2016 at 1:28 AM, Evilduckling108 said:

So I may or may not have literally just finished binge-watching the entire show so far and it was so worth it! I'm a sucker for ridiculous paranormal stuff in general and this is a great show! I love Casey and Jac's relationship and the Mulder and Scully-esque thing they've got going on. Plus it's got Natasha Negovanlis in it, so you really can't go wrong lol. This drabble was so good! I really love the subtle descriptions of Ellia rubbing her nose and then how she basically collapses in on herself, just yes!! :razz: This was fantastic, the show's wonderful, and I can't wait to see what else you write!

Omg I really didn't think anyone would have seen the show, so this makes me really happy!! I posted a Carmilla drabble in my old thread and never really got a response so I didn't think there were any Creampuffs onforums, or anyone who was keeping track of Natasha's career. Thank you so much for reading and the lovely comment!!

• 2 weeks later...

I come bearing a Ghostbusters (2016) drabble, now that I'm officially hooked on everything Holtzmann. I love that glorious nerd.

--

tumblr_inline_oaiywusTtQ1u05fwx_540.gif

Why did ghosts like subway tunnels so much? There had to be some rhyme or reason to things — maybe the ionization levels caused by the high voltage of the third rail? Maybe it was just dank and creepy? Erin made a mental note to bring it up to the group later as a potential discussion over takeout. 

“Hey Abby, can we order something for dinner that’s not Chinese?” She asked, carefully toeing her way along the subway track. 

Abby, walking a few paces in front of her, whipped around with a look of pure betrayal. “How would I explain it to Benny?” She demanded. “Just because we don’t live above them anymore doesn’t mean we can’t support a small family-owned business.”

“You know it’s a chain, right?” Patty spoke up from the rear of the group. “There’s like forty of them in Manhattan alone.”

Abby flapped her hand in dismissal. “Whatever, whatever. Order what you want, Erin, and I’ll try not to judge you for being uncultured.”

Holtzmann was quiet and had been so for the last few minutes, which wasn’t entirely uncommon, but Erin peeked back over her shoulder just to make sure a ghost hadn’t swooped down and grabbed her. The nuclear physicist had slowed to a stop and was squinting up at the roof of the tunnel, mouth slightly open. Erin was about to dismiss it as just another one of her weird faces when Holtzmann took a gasping breath in and sneezed twice, loudly and uncovered. “hh’AAEK’shoo! EhRR’shhuh!

Erin started. “Jesus, bless you!” 

Holtzmann snuffled into the sleeve of her jumpsuit and beamed back at Erin. “All the rat shit down here musta got up my nose.”

Well that was a lovely mental image. Erin dusted her hands against her sides, feeling suddenly gross, and continued to follow Abby down the tunnel.

Whatever had made Holtz sneeze the first time was clearly still bothering her; Erin didn’t turn back around to look, but she could hear her sniffling and clearing her throat repeatedly. She was considering offering her a tissue (well, a crumpled but clean Chinese takeout napkin she’d apparently stuffed into her pocket) when Abby’s handheld ectoplasmic detection device began to whirl around and light up. Abby held up a hand to bring the group to a halt.

“Patty, are we heading the right way?”

Patty glanced up towards the ceiling, like it could tell her where they were. “Yeah, I’d say so. About a quarter mile down from the Clark Street stop, that’s where that dude said he saw the ghost, right?”

Patty’s question would never be answered, because in that moment a faint blue glow began to seep from the wall a couple hundred yards in front of them. The Ghostbusters held their breaths as a vaguely-humanoid specter materialized, its back to them.

Abby held a finger to her mouth in a “shh” gesture and began to creep exaggeratedly towards the ghost, which was clearly either deaf or a little bit stupid, because it remained oblivious to their presence.

Erin was actually starting to think they’d get the jump on this one when she heard a quiet gasp behind her from Holtzmann. When Erin turned to look, the other woman had the back of her hand pressed beneath her nose and was clearly fighting off another sneeze which, based on the quickening of her breathing, was not far off.

“Hold your breath!” Erin hissed, and Holtz managed to roll her eyes at her like you think I haven’t tried that? She held her own for a few more valiant seconds until Erin saw her body stiffen, then melt into another set of throat-scraping sneezes.

“hhiYAAASHoo, AESSHoo! hh - huh -” She paused for a moment, eyes watering, and caved into a final “ERR’shhoo!” that shook dust from the tunnel walls.

There was a tense pause as the four Ghostbusters watched the spirit in front of them — Erin crossed her fingers as Holtz sniffled behind her — and then a collective sigh of frustration as it slowly turned to face them, a ghostly grimace on its face.

“Power up!” Abby yelled, and Erin obeyed.

Ah Holtzy, you beautiful nerd. Cool spin on the sneezing while hiding (ish) scenario. I guess it would be sneezing when you should be keeping quiet? You did a great job with her and the others, the sneezing definitely fits her character. 

Whelp I'm dead :lol: I'm normall not into fanfict but HOLTZMANN!!!

Holtzmann yes!

2 hours ago, Winged said:

Erin was about to dismiss it as just another one of her weird faces when Holtzmann took a gasping breath in and sneezed twice, loudly and uncovered. “hh’AAEK’shoo! EhRR’shhuh!

Perfect <3

6 hours ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

Whelp I'm dead :lol: I'm normall not into fanfict but HOLTZMANN!!!

4 hours ago, Bruyere said:

Holtzmann yes!

Perfect <3

6 hours ago, AnonyMeows said:

Ah Holtzy, you beautiful nerd. Cool spin on the sneezing while hiding (ish) scenario. I guess it would be sneezing when you should be keeping quiet? You did a great job with her and the others, the sneezing definitely fits her character. 

Thank you all so much! And double thanks, Anony - I was definitely struggling with that a little bit so I'm glad it came across okay. 

@Bruyere and @Kaze wo Hiku, you should definitely check out Anony's Holtzmann drabble as well in her thread :) 

This next one is a character piece for an OC I'm developing for a young X-men roleplay with Jazz. Samuel Winters, aka "Winter", can control the temperature of objects by touch. However this drabble takes place back before he moved to the X-Mansion, when he's still living on his family's farm in Nebraska. I don't write a lot of male sneezes, but I'm really enjoying working with Samuel and will probably write a couple more with him.

--

The cigarette smoke wafted upwards into the night, sketching lazy gray spirals against the stars and making Samuel cough. Nevertheless he took another drag and leaned back against the porch steps. The cicadas hummed loudly, their buzzing just another part of what "summer" sounded like in Nebraska. 

One of his brothers behind him - he couldn't tell which - sighed.

"Only thing'd make this better is a cold beer," Caleb said. Jacob chuckled.

"I bet if you holler real loud mom'll bring you one."

Samuel snorted. "Yeah right." He brought his cigarette to his lips again but ended up coughing so hard his eyes began to water. Jacob slapped him on the back while he and Caleb laughed.

"Cigs don't tend to agree with you, little bro."

"Leave 'em to the real men."

With a scowl, Samuel tossed his cigarette to the ground and crushed its tiny flame beneath the heel of his work boots. It had been a long day cutting the fields and hauling the hay bales back to the barn, and his whole body ached. But it was the good kind of ache, the one that meant you'd done something real.

Jacob, now perched on the porch steps to Samuel's right, blew out an artful puff of smoke and licked his lips in satisfaction. The smoke had been irritating Samuel's lungs all evening, but with Jacob next to him it was starting to work its way up to his nasal passages. He scrubbed at his nose with his ring finger and sniffed harshly.

"So Sammy," Caleb started from behind him, and Samuel craned his neck around to see his second oldest brother propping his feet up on the porch railing. "Why haven't you got yourself a girlfriend yet?"

Because I don't like girls, Samuel thought dryly, but what came out instead was a half-stifled "hnkCHU!"

Jacob blessed him, but Caleb was still watching, eyes bright. "Don't think that got you out of it," he said.

"I haven't found anyone I'm interested in yet," Samuel said, putting just the right amount of defensiveness into his tone so that Caleb believed him. And it was true, but not in the way that his brother meant.

Jacob clapped a hand on Samuel's shoulder. "Chill out," he said to Caleb. "I didn't meet LeeAnn until I was twenty-three. Sam's got time."

Caleb rolled his eyes. "You don't need to be interested in a girl to screw her," he said. Jacob huffed a laugh and shook his head. Samuel itched his right nostril with a knuckle.

"I don't see you bringing any girls around here," he shot back.

Caleb took a puff from his cigarette and blew the smoke straight down into Samuel's face. "I've been busy."

Samuel was about to demand an explanation when his breath seized and he was forced to catch another "hhupchh!" in the bend of his elbow.

"Whatever," he said, sniffling. "I'm gonna go blow my nose."

"Bring me back a beer!" Caleb called as Samuel climbed the porch stairs and passed him on his way into the house. Samuel flipped him the bird, but when he returned a few minutes later, it was with beers in hand.

11 minutes ago, Winged said:

"So Sammy," Caleb started from behind him, and Samuel craned his neck around to see his second oldest brother propping his feet up on the porch railing. "Why haven't you got yourself a girlfriend yet?"

Because I don't like girls, Samuel thought dryly, but what came out instead was a half-stifled "hnkCHU!"

Jacob blessed him, but Caleb was still watching, eyes bright. "Don't think that got you out of it," he said.

HOLY SHIT, this whole part!!!! The light teasing, the sneeze spelling (nice), the banter -- so awesome! And the nonchalantness about sneezing throughout the whole thing.. super wonderful. I love the dynamic you've set up between them, it's so playful and fun and sweet. It really hits the spot for me!!! You're the best!!

WELL HELLO, SAMMY! I was honestly so stoked when I saw the message you sent letting me know this was up. I already think he's goddamn adorable, so I was really excited to be able to get a peek into his backstory (especially after you mentioned his home life on the farm in the thread!) and it did not disappoint. Going off what @Sen Beret said, I absolutely love the brotherly banter in this lil drabble. The dynamic between the three of them feels very natural, very real. And I'm honestly that much more endeared to Samuel for you writing this. It was wonderful!

Also, as an aside, I didn't have time right now to read it, but I am definitely coming back to read the Holtzmann drabble because Kate McKinnon is the ultimate bae. 

On 7/27/2016 at 11:24 AM, Sen Beret said:

HOLY SHIT, this whole part!!!! The light teasing, the sneeze spelling (nice), the banter -- so awesome! And the nonchalantness about sneezing throughout the whole thing.. super wonderful. I love the dynamic you've set up between them, it's so playful and fun and sweet. It really hits the spot for me!!! You're the best!!

3 hours ago, Jazz said:

WELL HELLO, SAMMY! I was honestly so stoked when I saw the message you sent letting me know this was up. I already think he's goddamn adorable, so I was really excited to be able to get a peek into his backstory (especially after you mentioned his home life on the farm in the thread!) and it did not disappoint. Going off what @Sen Beret said, I absolutely love the brotherly banter in this lil drabble. The dynamic between the three of them feels very natural, very real. And I'm honestly that much more endeared to Samuel for you writing this. It was wonderful!

Also, as an aside, I didn't have time right now to read it, but I am definitely coming back to read the Holtzmann drabble because Kate McKinnon is the ultimate bae. 

You two are the most lovely human beings, thank you so much for your comments! Like I mentioned, I don't write a lot of male characters (since I'm female and a lesbian), so I really appreciate hearing that things are coming across okay. Y'all are the best :wub:

12 hours ago, queenie said:

HOLTZ!! And Samuel's sneezes were perfect.

Thank you so much! Also I love your icon, Asami is perfection.

I love Sam's back story so far! Little brother who feels like he has a lot to prove and the teasing from his big bros makes for such a cute dynamic. Cigarette smoke sneezes are adorable because there's the added implication that the sneezer can't handle the smoke, which one of the brothers did comment on. I love the farmy feel it has and the description of the physical labor he has to do. I'm curious as to what happens to lead him to X's school.

I've had writer's block lately and Samuel is the only one who's been able to push through, so here's another drabble with him back on the farm in Nebraska. Featuring round bales, which are the bane of my existence working at a barn (unfortunately I'm not allergic to hay like Samuel is, I just hate having to use them). Basically round bales suck because they're cheaper than rectangular bales and you get a lot more hay but they're a pain in the ass to work with.

--

As the sun moved towards the horizon the air was finally beginning to cool. Relieved, Samuel wiped his face on his shirt sleeve for the tenth time in as many minutes. One of the worst parts of barn work was the attire. No matter how hot it was, he had to wear jeans, long-sleeved shirts, and work boots over thick socks. There was a reason the boys were required to lug around gallon jugs of water during their afternoon chores. Occasionally Samuel would use his powers to keep his cool, although it wasn’t ever really worth it. The transfer of energy meant his own body would overheat in the process.

Samuel took a sip from his lukewarm jug and resumed his trudge towards the house. It was Tuesday, which meant he was in charge of the horses. The Winters had eight of them, two of which were used for plowing, and the barn was set into the tall grass about a quarter mile behind the house. They were all in turn-out in the pastures, as they had been since Jacob had fed them this morning. Samuel grabbed a handful of halters and began the laborious process of chasing them down.

Once the last horse was secure in her stall — it was Aidy of course, Caleb’s flighty mare — Samuel went out back to check the feed supplies. They had plenty of grain, but there were no rectangular bales of hay wedged into the corner beside the towering pile of shavings. That meant…

Shit.

A few feet away sat his nemesis, the five foot tall cylindrical round bale, with a pitchfork shoved into its heart like a sword through a dragon. Samuel rolled up his sleeves and grabbed the wheelbarrow.

Working with the rectangular bales was so much easier. The hay came apart in nice, even flakes, and he could deposit it in the stalls with less fuss. But with the round bales, it was up to him to use the pitchfork to rip off sheets of hay and gather them into messy armfuls, then wrangle them through the bars of the stalls, leaving piles of hay in the barn aisles and all over his body.

It was gross, and hot, and it left him with itchy red welts all over his arms and neck.

But the horses were already nickering at him, demanding their dinner, so Samuel gritted his teeth and picked up the pitchfork.

The trick was the clear the base of the bale so the hay came off in nice neat sheaves, but Caleb or Jacob or whoever had used the bale last hadn’t done it properly, so Samuel had to use his arms to strip the extra hay from the bale and load it into his wheelbarrow.

After the first two armloads, his nose was itching and his eyes were watering, and he had to cough to clear his throat. It was literally the most inconvenient allergy to have when living and working on a farm, but apparently his immune system didn’t care about that. When they had longer days in the fields and he couldn’t function without them, he took antihistamines, but they were only so effective and made him incredibly drowsy. It was a lot easier to just bite his tongue and suffer through.

As he was doing now.

“hmpCHH! hh — hih — ” He paused, squinting up at the sky as the sneeze stuck somewhere in the back of his throat. The fading light was just enough to trigger an irritated-sounding “hhiiihp’chh!” Sniffling, Samuel pulled a worn red bandana from his pocket and buried his nose in the folds to blow, trying in vain to empty his sinuses of the irritants swirling in the air around him. It worked for a moment, and he rubbed roughly at his nose through the thin bandana. 

It took several trips to bring hay to all the horses, and by the time he had finished, Samuel could hardly see through gritty, streaming eyes, and he had to stop every few paces to sneeze. He had long since given up on stifling and opted to sneeze uncovered towards the ground, often having to hold on to the nearest wall or fence post to keep from staggering. 

“Eh’CHH! EHH’SHH’oo! HHEESHH’schh’uhh!” The unexpected triple left him panting, his nose running freely, and once his head stopped spinning he tried again with the bandana. Unfortunately it too was covered with hay at this point, like his hair and clothing and arms, and blowing his nose turned into another couple of pinched stifles.

“Ugh,” he breathed stuffily, wiping his nose once more and shoving the bandana back into his pocket. Thankfully graining and watering the horses was far less painful; nevertheless he rushed through it and made his way back to the house, looking forward to a shower and a change of clothes.

Upon coming through the front door, he toed his boots off and brought his elbow up to catch a half-stifled “hhhmp’AASCH’oo!”

There was a chuckle from the kitchen. “I hear Samuel,” his mother called teasingly. He sniffled plaintively, called back a congested hello, and clomped up the stairs to shower. 

Sammy boy! :heart:

One of the worst parts of barn work was the attire. No matter how hot it was, he had to wear jeans, long-sleeved shirts, and work boots over thick socks. 

Aww I bet he looks so darn cute tho.

The way you describe the heat made me so thirsty I took like three swigs from my water bottle while I was reading it.

A few feet away sat his nemesis, the five foot tall cylindrical round bale, with a pitchfork shoved into its heart like a sword through a dragon. Samuel rolled up his sleeves and grabbed the wheelbarrow.

SO MENACING. And Samuel, so determined. I love that Caleb's horse's name is Aidy.

Sniffling, Samuel pulled a worn red bandana from his pocket and buried his nose in the folds to blow, trying in vain to empty his sinuses of the irritants swirling in the air around him. It worked for a moment, and he rubbed roughly at his nose through the thin bandana. 

Poor guy with his adorable hay allergies. :wubsmiley: And he's a bit photic? And the bandana... I have such a thing for sneezing/blowing into bandanas.

I love these glimpses into Samuel's life and I hope to see more!

• 1 month later...

I've been inspired by @Indescribable's lovely drabble thread to write a Criminal Minds drabble of my own, so here's my favorite lady FBI agent with the most glorious nose.

Title: Sandalwood
Fandom: Criminal Minds
Character: Emily Prentiss (F)

hngg’chh!”

Jennifer Jareau looked up from her phone at the odd noise: the second or time she’d heard it in the last half hour or so. It sounded almost like —

hngxxh’oo!”

— a sneeze. JJ pocketed her phone and walked over towards Emily Prentiss, whose back was facing her.

“Emily, do you know — ” JJ trailed off as Emily turned to face her, and then tried to immediately turn away to hide her face. The other FBI agent’s brown eyes were puffy and streaming, and the edges of her elegant nose had turned a faint pink.

“Shit,” Emily cursed softly, and coughed into a fist. JJ reached into her coat for one of the takeout napkins she’d pocketed after lunch and handed it to her partner, who buried her nose in it gratefully.

“Are you sick, Em?” JJ asked, almost having to squeeze her hands into fists to keep from pressing them to Emily’s brow.

Emily shook her head as she blew her nose. “Ndo,” she said. “The police chief is wearig a p — p’hhh” she trailed off as her eyes fluttered shut, and her breath hitched. “HIII’chhoo!”

The first full sneeze JJ had heard all afternoon was caught neatly in the napkin, and Emily blew her nose again before wiping it and tossing the used paper into a nearby bin. “Perfume,” she finished, and while her voice was still slightly congested, it was clearer than before. “Which apparently my nose doesn’t agree with.”

JJ frowned sympathetically and put a guiding hand on Emily’s lower back. “Let’s head back to the car. Rossi has it covered here.”

Still sniffling, Emily followed her without complaint.

Ahh, yes, I love her "elegant nose." There really is no better way to describe it! I don't know why, but I love that she didn't stifle that last sneeze, almost like she isn't too afraid to let her guard down a little around JJ... or maybe I'm just reading way too into it and she just got too tired of holding them back. Both equally sexy scenarios. And losing it on "perfume"? Having to stop mid word or sentence to sneeze is hot enough, but there's something extra special about getting caught up on a fetishy word like perfume... :dribble: I hope to see more of these ladies from you soon!

It makes me happy that I've inspired more Criminal Minds fanfiction :) This is fabulous!  I melted on the hitching and sneezing on the word perfume...omg :wub: 

• 3 months later...

Long time no see, thread! I'm back with two OCs that I've been working with for years -- I created them in high school when I was starting to come to terms with the fact that I was gay. Having these two girls in a healthy, loving relationship was really important for me, both creatively and otherwise. And, of course, one of them had a horrible immune system and a boatload of allergies ;)

--

Kelseigh-Ray Sloan had started scrambling some eggs when the front door opened, letting in a rush of cold air and a scattering of snow. She glanced up to confirm that it was in fact her girlfriend and not someone breaking in to rob her. Thankfully she was correct.

Luce was wrapped in a thick woolen scarf that clashed horribly with her red hair, and she coughed into her gloved fist as she stomped the snow from her boots. Kelseigh shot her a grin over her shoulder and returned her attention to the stove. Heavy boots tromped across the kitchen floor behind her, and she heard Luce’s uneven breathing before her lover wrapped her arms around her waist.

“Good morning,” Kelseigh greeted her cheerily, reaching back blindly to pat what felt like the top of Luce’s head. Luce grumbled and pressed her cold nose against the nape of Kelseigh’s neck, making her jump. “Jesus, that’s cold.”

“It’s cold outside,” Luce mumbled, and sniffed. Her nose twitched against Kelseigh’s skin, and Kelseigh rolled her eyes.

“Please don’t sneeze on me, I’m making food.”

“‘M not going to.” Luce sniffled again. “My nose just won’t stop running.”

Wordlessly, Kelseigh pointed to the kitchen table, where a fresh box of Kleenex sat in Luce’s usual place. She thought she heard Luce chuckle before her arms and cold nose pulled away and she plodded over.

“What time do you have class later?” Kelseigh asked, stirring at the eggs. Almost ready.

A chair scraped out from the table. “Uh, one,” Luce said, voice muffled through a tissue. “It’s a review session, I don’t usually have classes on Saturday.” She blew her nose with a thin, unproductive sound.

“D’you want eggs, babe?” Kelseigh asked, taking the pan from the stove and pulling two plates from the cabinet. She heard Luce sniffle again behind her before she replied.

“Ndo thangks.” Another sniff. “I’m ndot hungry.”

The thick congestion in her tone made Kelseigh stop and turn to look at her girlfriend, who was sitting at the table with her head in her hands. “Are you feeling okay?”

A pause, then a reluctant head shake. “I thigk I’b getting a cold.”

“Yeah, it sure sounds like it.” Kelseigh took the chair beside Luce and pressed the back of her hand to her forehead. Warm, but not worryingly so. “Have you taken anything?”

Another head shake. Then Luce took a long, shuddering breath that made her shoulders tense up, and Kelseigh furrowed her brow in sympathy, knowing what was coming next. She nudged the tissue box closer to Luce, who grabbed for it blindly and managed to get a tissue to her face just in time. “hh’IIISHHoo - yyIIIISHHuhh!”

“Bless.” Definitely a cold – the double had lacked the fierce, ticklish sound of her allergy sneezes, which also usually came in longer fits.

Luce swiped the tissue carefully beneath her nostrils, which were still half-flared and already looking chapped. “I’ve been doing that all morning,” she sighed. At least the sneezes seemed to have cleared her congestion for now. “And Nate didn’t have any tissues at the house.”

“You can get into the stash you have here,” Kelseigh offered teasingly, and was relieved to see Luce crack a tired smile.

“Thanks. Ugh.” She pinched the bridge of her nose right between her eyes, squinting into the feeling. “I think this is going to be a bad one. I’ve got so much sinus pressure already.”

“Why don’t you skip your review session? It’s not mandatory, right?”

“Yeah…”

“And you got, like, a 92 on the last test,” Kelseigh continued. “I don’t have much to do today, we can just hang out and watch movies.”

Luce’s body language was still tight, but her eyes were beginning to soften with longing. “That honestly sounds - sniff - amazing.”

Kelseigh smiled. “Let’s get some food into you first.”

Archived