Sneeze Fetish Forum

The Holdback Challenge (Game)

fitster

So I've just finished another sneezing game, this time it focuses on holding back sneezes, no winning or losing involved, it's more of an interactive animation

I haven't been able to upload any screenshots, but the game uses 3D imagery rendered into 2 dimensional sprites (Like Donkey Kong Country), just see for yourself actually.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/115988326/

This is a very creative idea; I think it's much more clever than the last one! Your skills are growing ^_^

Question: Based on the description, it says you will sneeze "more" if you can hold back for longer, but she seems to only sneeze once no matter what? Or by longer do you mean you have to hold back for like, several minutes? Because that seems impossible since no matter what you will always lose a little bit of time when the fireball moves and you switch keys.

love o///o

also great song 

also im having truble with the left/bottom arrows? is it just me? thought you'd like to know

Yeah, getting that just right is a pain to do, though it could still really use a little tweaking
I set a variable called "Buildup" which is a number that over time builds itself up, and resets when you stop sneezing. until it passes 50, you only sneeze once, then each sneeze will subtract 5 until it's lower than 50 again.

5 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

This is a very creative idea; I think it's much more clever than the last one! Your skills are growing ^_^

Question: Based on the description, it says you will sneeze "more" if you can hold back for longer, but she seems to only sneeze once no matter what? Or by longer do you mean you have to hold back for like, several minutes? Because that seems impossible since no matter what you will always lose a little bit of time when the fireball moves and you switch keys.

5 hours ago, Bungee said:

love o///o

also great song 

also im having truble with the left/bottom arrows? is it just me? thought you'd like to know

Exactly what trouble are you having?

1 hour ago, fitster said:

Exactly what trouble are you having?

the left key seems to only mach with the bottom key i press or holding left wont work 

4 hours ago, Bungee said:

the left key seems to only mach with the bottom key i press or holding left wont work 

Oh nononono that's intentional, I probably should have made it more clear.

When the fireball is left and you hold down, and she places her hand in front of her face, which is already stopping the sneeze from growing, as is what would happen if you had to press right or up.
So while you're holding the down key, when you press left and rub your nose, that actually reduces the urge to sneeze, increasing the length of the holdback, leaving you sneezing multiple times.

I appreciate all the feedback by the way. It helps more than you think.

It seems very difficult to actually get the person to sneeze multiple times. I do like all of the varied sneezy noises, though! All in all a good game.

This game is sexy, and fun, and requires good timing and coordination. The sounds are really good, and the music is kinda fun. I love the concept. Overall i give this game a 10/10 you did a really great job. 

All y'all who only got her to sneeze once have to step up your game, i got fourteen :bleh:

24 minutes ago, Quing Nerd said:

This game is sexy, and fun, and requires good timing and coordination. The sounds are really good, and the music is kinda fun. I love the concept. Overall i give this game a 10/10 you did a really great job. 

All y'all who only got her to sneeze once have to step up your game, i got fourteen :bleh:

Beat forty-one! :zippy: but yeah, fitster, this is great. The sprite is good, the animation is good...this is fun!

This is pretty good! I got something like a dozen sneezies, didn't count them. Personally I would have made it a DDR/Guitar Hero knockoff, but still, this is cool.

There seem to be several dudes making stuff on Scratch. I'm gonna look around myself and see if I can get into it. I have an idea for an strategy-ish game.

I'm clearly no good at this game even though I'm absolutely loving it. I've only gotten one sneeze haha?

6 minutes ago, Sneezingnonstop said:

I'm clearly no good at this game even though I'm absolutely loving it. I've only gotten one sneeze haha?

I've gotten two at most XD this is a very very addictive game haha

42 minutes ago, CHOCOLATE <3 said:

I've gotten two at most XD this is a very very addictive game haha

Haha, I know what you mean

2 hours ago, A440 said:

Beat forty-one! :zippy: but yeah, fitster, this is great. The sprite is good, the animation is good...this is fun!

The most I've gotten is 14 haha my goal is much more than that, but it's not happening XD

This is awesome man, this game and your last one are so fantastically innovative. There hasn't been anything like these before, and that's awesome! Thanks for all of your effort man

Scratch is amazingly easy to use. I was futzing around with it and made a simple "make her sneeze" game in less than an hour.

Seriously, we should all get in on this. It's fun!

5 hours ago, Bondi said:

I have no idea how to get past 1. :lol:

I had been having that problem but then I realized (probably because I'm an idiot) is that the only time you have to tap is when it's the left arrow key. Otherwise just hold down the key as long as the fireball is on it and it's much easier to get multiple sneezes 

This is such a cool game. It took me a little while to get the hang of it, but once I did, I really started liking it. Good job.

Huh, I could have sworn I commented on this already but I guess I'm just being dumb. Anyway, this is really cool! Again I'm impressed with how you made the game mechanics work. You seem to have a talent for figuring this stuff out. Did you get the animations from somewhere else again? Because this time they seem pretty tailored to this particular project, and I'd say you did a pretty darn good job if you made them yourself.

I'm really curious to see what kind of stuff you come up with in the future.

Archived