Nose blowing in daily life  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you blow your nose?

• Never
    • Once a month to once a year
    • Once a week to once a month
    • Once a day to once a week
    • Several times a day

Of course in most cases it will vary depending on the state of your health, but just try to include your times of sickness or allergies in your estimation. 

Thank you so much!

I think the "once a month to once a year" range is pretty "big". Either you blow your nose once a year or 12 times a year (or anythinh in between)? Sounds like a big difference xD

Anyway. I rarely blow my nose because there rarely is any reason to.

sexyhankysneeze

Ocasionally I will go a day without blowing, especially now that I don't always carry a hanky when I don't think I'll need it. But at least once most days, and like non stop for 3-5 days when I have a cold. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for reacting! :) Its really intersting that there seems to be a gap between people who blow very often and other who life nearly without it. I myself haven't blown my  my nose for 4 months next week :):)

2 minutes ago, blum said:

Thank you very much for reacting! :) Its really intersting that there seems to be a gap between people who blow very often and other who life nearly without it. I myself haven't blown my  my nose for 4 months next week :):)

Doesn't it feel odd though to not blow your nose? 

Yeah, I don't think I can really go a day without blowing my nose, usually a few times in the morning. Sniffling gets annoying after a while! 

• 3 weeks later...

I find that I have to blow my nose at least 10 times a day, 3 of those nose blows are in the first 30 minutes after I wake up.  This is a daily occurrence for me.  All of my nose blows are usually really soggy and wet first thing in the morning (sometimes with loud honking, sometimes not), enough to completely soak the tissue.  If I have a cold, that number is usually doubled or tripled. 

• 1 month later...
On October 9, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Jeff said:

I find that I have to blow my nose at least 10 times a day, 3 of those nose blows are in the first 30 minutes after I wake up.  This is a daily occurrence for me.  All of my nose blows are usually really soggy and wet first thing in the morning (sometimes with loud honking, sometimes not), enough to completely soak the tissue.  If I have a cold, that number is usually doubled or tripled. 

I absolutely love everything about this! Messy, wet blows are the best! 

• 1 month later...

I do it most days but not every day. Often I'm a bit congested when I wake up so I'm kind of waiting and hoping, putting my contacts in often makes my eyes water. This morning there was a bit of grit or something on the lens so my eye watered a lot and my nose started running, I had to get the lens out and put it back in the case before I could get a tissue so I had to sniff for a bit, The first time I tried to blow it I still felt a bit congested despite the runniness so I did one nostril first then the other quite gently but when I got through the congestion I managed four big wet ones, I kind of got more confident as I went on so they got louder each time. 

On 17/01/2017 at 10:58 PM, Alicia2 said:

I do it most days but not every day. Often I'm a bit congested when I wake up so I'm kind of waiting and hoping, putting my contacts in often makes my eyes water. This morning there was a bit of grit or something on the lens so my eye watered a lot and my nose started running, I had to get the lens out and put it back in the case before I could get a tissue so I had to sniff for a bit, The first time I tried to blow it I still felt a bit congested despite the runniness so I did one nostril first then the other quite gently but when I got through the congestion I managed four big wet ones, I kind of got more confident as I went on so they got louder each time. 

Alicia, I love the way you say you grew in confidence as you managed to get a big nose-blow out, that's lovely, I could almost picture it! It's almost as if you were checking that you were doing everything right before you went for a bigger blow :)

To answer the original question, I normally blow my nose several times each day, and always first thing in the morning and at bedtime (I hate to lie down feeling snuffled up). When I have a cold or hayfever, I have to blow my nose after every sneeze to empty it and fully relieve the tickle, and whenever it fills up between sneezes - so that's a lot, I've never counted!

I only blow my nose when I have a cold. When I am sick, I blow my nose loudly and frequently due to the amount of snot coming out.

Never because when im sick idk i just feel the constant need to hide it. Not sure why.

Archived