Sneeze Fetish Forum

Is that a tea-Towel?

Kleeny

Has anyone had this question from others when using a chequered, tartan (plaid) or square patterned handkerchief - "is that a tea-towel"?

I have, and it totally put me off using that hankie again. I have 195 patterned hankies now, and they rarely get used as quite a few are too loud and colourful for everyday use, but also because they would fit the description of a tea-towel.

How have you  reacted to this question, and have you ever been put off using one particular hankie?

There are so many different colors, styles, and patterns of "pocket squares" (which I know are not always synonymous with hankies but still) that these "is-that-a-tea-towel" people need to get with the times! Lol.

But seriously, I'd just continue using the hankies that you like best. I too find it commendable. I wish more people used them. I'm using a purple and blue plaid hankie today ?

20 hours ago, CharliesGirl said:

There are so many different colors, styles, and patterns of "pocket squares" (which I know are not always synonymous with hankies but still) that these "is-that-a-tea-towel" people need to get with the times! Lol.

But seriously, I'd just continue using the hankies that you like best. I too find it commendable. I wish more people used them. I'm using a purple and blue plaid hankie today ?

haha, some would say the "times" for hankies was last century, but we know better!

Your hankie for yesterday sounds nice!

23 hours ago, cjblo said:

Can imagine the reaction. Must say I prefer the more classic patterns...But using a handkerchief at all is commendable.

Thanks CJ, and yes, I too prefer the classic patterns, for me those mean "bordered" hankies, which the ones I have more of.

Have you had any similar or unusual comments to your hankies?

I have had negative comments about my hanky use over the years, 'what's that', errr that's gross', 'why do you have a duster in your pocket' etc, but you know what no matter how extravagent the hanky is am still going to be sneezing and blowing my nose in to hankies cause it's amazing ????

21 minutes ago, Hankysneeze said:

I have had negative comments about my hanky use over the years, 'what's that', errr that's gross', 'why do you have a duster in your pocket' etc, but you know what no matter how extravagent the hanky is am still going to be sneezing and blowing my nose in to hankies cause it's amazing ????

It certainly is amazing! ?

Never had negative comments myself, but once or twice someone next to me said, about a third person using a handkerchief: "Yeah, and now back into the pocket, nice; there's tissues for that..." Must say I was watching the guy with the handkerchief with gusto. There were more people around when this was said and no-one actually agreed. I guess still most people don't care much one way or the other.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived