Sneeze Fetish Forum

Fuzzy&Warm

Prompt: Memories

Fandom: Star Trek Reboot

Pairing: Kirk Prime/Spock Prime/McCoy Prime

Spock Prime sat in a chair in the observation lounge of the Enterprise, allowing himself to be immersed in the sounds and smells of the only place he had ever really called home.  It wasn’t the same ship and he knew that, but even with fresher faced crewmembers and hallways that weren’t configured exactly the same way it still brought back vivid memories of Uhura’s singing voice, Scotty’s mannerisms with the engines, and Chekov and himself bent over different experiments late into gamma shifts.   

He missed them he wasn’t too prideful to admit it, but time moved on it was the way of all things.  What is, is.

huh’ERSHhh! ASHUuh!

What seemed to be now though was a bad head cold.  Spock thought as he pulled out a handkerchief and dabbed at his nose.

That too brought back memories.  Times of being curled up under thick blankets while bright blue eyes scrutinized him from every angle, and handed him extra tissues.  Of nights in front of a warm fire cuddled up with Jim.  His nose pressed to his shoulder with the release of each tickling sneeze.  Jim had always been partial to such things.

Spock was pulled from his thoughts once again by the familiar whirl of a medical tricorder.  He opened his eyes to see McCoy frowning at his results.

“You know you’re as bad as the other hobgoblin when it comes to telling me you need something.”

Spock let his eyebrow rise.

“You make house calls for all the crew, Doctor McCoy?”

“Only the ones who skip dinner and have been trying to hide their symptoms since yesterday.”

Spock could give no response and instead pressed his handkerchief to his nose as it crinkled up with a far too familiar itch.

Ihh..hh’ECShhuh!

“Bless you,” another voice said, and Spock turned to look at Jim who sat down in the chair next to him and passed over a large mug of tea.

Spock recognized the spicy Vulcan blend.  It didn’t have the lemon and honey as he normally preferred, but it was the thought that counted.

A hypospray was pressed to his neck and his headache eased off.

“Thank you, both of you.”

They weren’t the Jim and Leonard had once known so intimately, but they were still his friends and Spock knew he was so very lucky to be cherished by them.  

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fuzzy&Warm

• AngelEyes

• Shamaël

• Red

Prompt: Jealous

Pairing: pre-Kirk/Spock/McCoy

Spock sat stiffly on his stool in Science Lab 14.  He knew he should be focusing on the data in front of him, but his physical state was proving very distracting.  It hurt to swallow, his lips were dry from having to breathe through his mouth, and rubbing away the frustrating tickle in his nose had left it green and chapped. 

He had clearly caught the virus that was ‘going around’ as his human colleagues liked to describe it.  Several members of the Science department had it and even his older counterpart was not immune it seemed.

That bothered him.  Not that his older self was ill such things were a necessary nuisance in life even at his age.  What bothered Spock was that Jim and McCoy had noticed the man’s illness and had sought him out to lend assistance.  Why the ambassador and not him?

Spock bit back a sigh of annoyance at his illogical thoughts.  If he wished Jim and McCoy to help him in the same manner logic dictate that he ask them.  Yet an unexplained part of him wanted them to notice on their own.  To be affirmed that he was just as important to them as the ambassador clearly was. 

As if pulled in by fate’s hand the three men on Spock’s mind entered the lab.

“Gentlemen, I am grateful for your assistance, but you need not hover.”

“We just want to make sure you’re all right,” Jim said as McCoy stared sternly at his medical scanner.

Spock Prime merely moved closer to his younger self, waiting for the familiar hitch of breathing he was certain would be coming.

He was not disappointed.

Hihh’ISHu! EISShh! ISHUu!

Jim’s eyes flickered to the side.

“Bless you,” he responded, his voice filled with concern.  He had heard Spock sneeze before, but they had always been single highly controlled affairs.  That was not. 

“Thank you, C-captain- heh-ieshh! AAShh!

His pressed the back of his wrist to his nose and sniffled.

“And this is why I have to keep tabs on you hobgoblins, because neither of you ever tells me anything!  Come on!”

Jim and McCoy got Spock up from his seat and Spock Prime gave a knowing look as the three of them left the lab.

---

I love making Spock Prime meddle. :)

I always enjoy some Star Trek bits, so thank you! The triumvirate is always great.

On 19/03/2017 at 11:55 PM, Fuzzy&Warm said:

Spock bit back a sigh of annoyance at his illogical thoughts.  If he wished Jim and McCoy to help him in the same manner logic dictate that he ask them.  Yet an unexplained part of him wanted them to notice on their own.

Sometimes I have the impression that this is the story of my life.

On 19/03/2017 at 11:55 PM, Fuzzy&Warm said:

He had heard Spock sneeze before, but they had always been single highly controlled affairs.  That was not. 

I loved this sentence. Sneezing Spock is the best...

On 3/12/2017 at 4:32 PM, Fuzzy&Warm said:

Spock Prime sat in a chair in the observation lounge of the Enterprise, allowing himself to be immersed in the sounds and smells of the only place he had ever really called home.  It wasn’t the same ship and he knew that, but even with fresher faced crewmembers and hallways that weren’t configured exactly the same way it still brought back vivid memories of Uhura’s singing voice, Scotty’s mannerisms with the engines, and Chekov and himself bent over different experiments late into gamma shifts.   

I love this whole description of him reminiscing. Beautiful.

On 3/12/2017 at 4:32 PM, Fuzzy&Warm said:

“You know you’re as bad as the other hobgoblin when it comes to telling me you need something.”

So McCoy.

On 3/19/2017 at 5:55 PM, Fuzzy&Warm said:

Spock Prime merely moved closer to his younger self, waiting for the familiar hitch of breathing he was certain would be coming.

Sneaky.

On 3/19/2017 at 5:55 PM, Fuzzy&Warm said:

“And this is why I have to keep tabs on you hobgoblins, because neither of you ever tells me anything!  Come on!”

LOL. McCoy is the best!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Prompt: Handkerchief

The turbolift seemed hot and constricting to Spock as Jim and McCoy insisted of taking him to sickbay to be looked over.  Spock had wished them to help, but he hadn’t expected them to be quite so…forceful about it.

huh’ishu!

Gesundheit,“ McCoy mumbled barely looking up from his medical readings.

“Is such a thorough examination really necessary, Doctor McCoy?”

“Always better to be safe than sorry with you, Spock, because you either aren’t affected by anything at all or ready to keel over with something that is harmless to the rest of us.”

Spock sniffled, but that only served to awaken a fresh tickle in his nose.

Ihh…AAShu! ISSHu!

Jim put one hand softly on Spock’s shoulder.  “You'd probably feel better if you blew your nose though.  You don’t need to feel…uncomfortable about this, Spock. It’s just us.”

“At the moment I-heh lack the necessary a-accoutrements for-hihh! For such a task,” Spock answered, while struggling with yet another sneeze.

“Well why didn’t you say so?  Here take this.  It’s clean.”

McCoy reached into his pocket and offered him a handkerchief that had the letter LHM embroidered on it.

Jim failed to bite back a laugh.

“I didn’t realize Joanna had made you a grandpa already, Bones.”

Before McCoy could respond Spock took the offering and buried his nose deeply in the folds of soft fabric.

Hih’ISHHh! ISShh! Huhh…hihh..ihh'’IERSHuu!

“Make fun all you want, but it clearly comes in handy.”

“Whatever you say, Grandpa.”

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2017 at 4:45 PM, Fuzzy&Warm said:

“Always better to be safe than sorry with you, Spock, because you either aren’t affected by anything at all or ready to keel over with something that is harmless to the rest of us.”

Indeed!

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2017 at 11:45 PM, Fuzzy&Warm said:

Can I just borrow this sentence, translate it and put it into one of my french fics? It's so true.

On 07/05/2017 at 11:45 PM, Fuzzy&Warm said:

“At the moment I-heh lack the necessary a-accoutrements for-hihh! For such a task,”

:D Poor Spock. I love when he's miserable.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-05-07 at 3:45 PM, Fuzzy&Warm said:

Can I just borrow this sentence, translate it and put it into one of my french fics? It's so true.

Feel free to use the line. :D

---

Prompt: Relationship

The cold had passed.  Now back to his usual self Spock strode straight backed towards sickbay.  McCoy’s handkerchief cleaned and carefully folded in his pocket.   As he no longer needed it, it only made logical sense to return it.

He moved through med-bay easily enough as he saw Doctor McCoy slip through a curtain that surrounded one of the beds.  Through the small opening Spock saw Jim seated on a biobed.  His eyes and nose were red and Spock stopped short at the sight and hoped Jim had not contracted the same aliment that he had so recently recovered from.

Hah’Ashh! ERShuh! ESSuh!

“Why did you go down there, Jim?  You know what Aster does to you and they planted that stuff everywhere!”

“Most of the meetings were inside, Bones, I thought I would be fine.  Besides, who was I going to send instead?  Spock was in no shape to go.”

“Gee the delegates were having a discussion about the preservation of language and culture how about MacGyver, or Colt?  You know I think even Uhura might have just a bit of background knowledge about that stuff.” 

“Okay I admit I suck at delegating and-heh-h-hold on ehhh-ESSHuh! ASHuh! Ahh! Ehhh…d-dammit-hihh…

There was the familiar hiss of a hypo and the frustrating tickle instantly died off. Jim sagged against the doctor, burying his face against the man’s shoulder.

“What would I do without you, Bones?”

“You’d be lying in a gutter with your face swollen up like a grapefruit that’s what.”

Spock turned away from the two men and tucked the handkerchief back into his pocket, gently rubbing his thumb over the embroidery.  Their relationship was clearly intimate and it was not his place to interfere with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Awwww! Freaking adorable!

After all his jealously and pining Spock finally gets what he wants…once he suffers just a little bit more first.

Prompt: Confess

Pairing: Kirk/Spock/McCoy

McCoy stood dripping wet at the mouth of the cave and looked out at the torrential downpour. 

“Well at least it can’t get any worse.”

Hih’ittch!

He turned around to see that Jim had stopped trying to get a signal from his clearly broken communicator and they both looked over to where Spock stood shivering. one hand knuckled under his nose that was still twitching.

Ihh’gnntch!

“I had to go and open my big mouth.”

Jim, the only one left with a phaser, heated up some of the rocks and gestured to them.

“Sit down, Spock.”

“Captain, this is hardly the time-”

The rest of his counter-argument was drowned out by a loud clap of thunder.

Jim smiled and sat down.  “Well I’d say it’s the perfect time since we aren’t going anywhere any time soon.”

McCoy sat down next to him.

“Relax, Spock, doctor’s orders,” he said, and started rummaging through his medical bag to see what was still usable.

Spock acquiesced, but chose a spot away from them.

Jim sighed. “Spock, I’d thought we’d gotten past this whole propriety thing.  You don’t need to keep your distance.”   

Spock shook his head.  He had seen them together.  It was not a place he was meant to be even if he wished it to be so.

“I would not wish to-hihh-to intrude huh'Ittchu!

“Bless you and you wouldn’t be intruding.”

Spock didn’t answer Jim and instead pulled a familiar handkerchief from his pocket and dabbed at his nose.

McCoy smiled. “You kept it.”

“I had meant to return it but Ihhh-heh’ISSHU! IESHHu!

The force of the sneezes doubled him over and he sat there trembling and trying to compose himself.

As he did Jim stood up and came over to him, pressing his body close to Spock’s from behind.

“Jim?”

“You really do need to warm up, Spock.”

“Yeah and I’ve found something to help,” McCoy said and started unfolding an emergency blanket. “Probably be snug for the three of us, but it’ll do.”

He draped it around them and sat down in front of Spock as both men worked to keep his core temperature up.

“No, gentlemen, you shouldn’t.”

“Why?” McCoy asked.

“You two are in intimate relationship it would be inappropriate to do this with me.”

Jim’s jaw fell open. “W-wait you think that me and Bones…why would you think that?”

“I have observed you together, your frequency of touch, your language use is one of devotion.  I find it in a way very…satisfying to see.  Even if I…” 

McCoy took a guess at what Spock was clearly struggling to say.  “Spock, are you saying you’d want to be in one?  An intimate relationship I mean with us?”

Jim seemed to tense in expectation and Spock wanted to answer no, but that would be bluffing and they did seem determined to press the issue.

“I would find it most agreeable,” he confessed at last.

Jim relaxed, wrapped his arms around Spock and pressed his head against his shoulder.

“Me too.”

IERSHUhhh!

The sneeze came with no warning and Spock muffled it against McCoy’s chest.

“My apologies, Doctor.”

McCoy just wrapped one arm around Spock and used the other to ruffle Jim’s half dry hair.

“Leonard, Spock, call me, Leonard.”

• 4 weeks later...

Prompt: Stress

Jim shivered against the chill of the conference room that simply refused to leave.  He sat at the table with Admiral Barrett as she went through the crew roster, department heads, and away mission reports; determined to miss nothing in her inspection of the ship and its captain.

“Would you excuse me for a moment, Captain Kirk?”

“Of course,” he said, making sure he was sitting up ramrod straight in his chair.

The instant the door slid closed though he slumped down with a groan, fighting a tension headache hard, and cupped his hands over his nose.

Ehh’ASHuh! EISHHh!

He sniffled and rubbed his nose against his sleeve.  He refused to get any tissues, he didn’t need them.  Barrett’s perfume was just bothering him that was all.

He wasn’t getting sick.  He couldn’t be.

“He’s sick,” McCoy announced as he and Spock sat in the mess and looked over to where Jim sat alone in the other corner with a PADD, his food untouched, and glaring at anyone who dared to approach.

“Yes, and the stress of the admiral’s visit is clearly making him neglect his health.”

“So, as the first officer, why are you sitting over here?”

“I offered my assistance in getting needed reports or another capacity that was required.  Jim declined with…words I would rather not repeat.”

McCoy frowned and pressed his fingers gently to Spock’s under the table.

“That bad huh?”

“Indeed.”

McCoy sighed.  He knew he was going to get his head bit off for going anywhere near Jim with a hypo, but he thought Spock might have had better luck.

“So what are we going to do?” he asked.

“Perhaps we need to be more subtle in our approach.”

Jim was back in the conference room his head pounding and his stomach growling from ignoring his lunch.  He was just about to give in and request another break even though he knew what it would look like in Barrett’s eyes so soon after the last one, when Janice Rand came in holding a tray.

“What’s all this?” he asked.

“Doctor McCoy had your diet card changed.  Enjoy.”

Jim stared at the tray as she left.  The salad he expected this was Bones after all, the thick creamy soup and pie ala mode he did not.  There was also a small cup of pills and a note.

He picked up the note and read it.

‘Take these after you’ve eaten everything on the tray.  I don’t want to have you in my sickbay taking up space because your smartass is bleeding internally.’

Jim smiled and ate it all including every leaf of lettuce in the salad.

The glow of the transporter faded and Jim’s shoulders eased down as the tension slipped away along with Admiral Barrett.

Everything was done at last.

He sniffled and grabbed for a tissue in his pocket.  The tissues were softer than the usual fair and Jim knew who had reprogrammed the replicator to give him them.

His head still hurt and he was really starting to think he would never be able to breathe through his nose again, but he still had his ship and his command.  As he went into his quarters and found himself alone though Jim started to worry that he might have ruined something far more precious.

Rushing through the shared bathroom Jim let out a sigh of relief as he found them in Spock’s bed.

He really should go rather than disturbing them-

Heh’EISShuuh!

Well so much for that.

By the time he’d blinked way the moisture in his eyes McCoy was looking at him.

“Budge up, Spock, the lone wolf has finally returned.” he said, his voice husky from sleep.

Spock did and allowed Jim to slip in between them.

“I take it Admiral Barrett has departed,” Spock said, keeping his back to Jim.

Jim wrapped his arms around him.

“Yes, and I’m sorry about what I said, Spock.  You were only trying to help.”

Spock rolled over, locking his eyes with Jim’s.

“Your apology is accepted, Jim.”

“And try to remember next time that you don’t have to do it all alone,” McCoy added, pressing in close to his other side.

“Don’t deserve you two,” Jim mumbled.

“We know, but we love you anyway.”

They lay comfortably with each other and Jim had just started to drift off, thinking about how he would make amends for ignoring his lovers, when Spock suddenly went tense against him.  At the same time McCoy’s twitching nose was pressed firmly to his shoulder.

Ihh’ISSHuh!

Ehh-ESShh!

Jim smiled.  He now had a pretty good idea how he was going to begin making it up to them.

On 25/06/2017 at 10:30 PM, Fuzzy&Warm said:

“I had to go and open my big mouth.”

:razz::razz::razz: I like McCoy sooooo much!

I've not been commenting on your drabbles for a while, but the one I prefer is Spock's confession... I really like when you torture him (physically AND emotionally...).

12 hours ago, Fuzzy&Warm said:

He now had a pretty good idea how he was going to begin making it up to them.

Will this be the subject of your next drabble? Because I'd love to see Kirk taking care of both Spock and McCoy when they are ill...

Thank you so much for writing some Star Trek on the forum!!!

On 7/23/2017 at 10:57 PM, Fuzzy&Warm said:

“I offered my assistance in getting needed reports or another capacity that was required.  Jim declined with…words I would rather not repeat.”

Oh dear.

‘Take these after you’ve eaten everything on the tray.  I don’t want to have you in my sickbay taking up space because your smartass is bleeding internally.’

Go Bones!

“Budge up, Spock, the lone wolf has finally returned.” he said, his voice husky from sleep.

I don't know why, but I find this very sexy.

“Don’t deserve you two,” Jim mumbled.

“We know, but we love you anyway.”

Awww

They lay comfortably with each other and Jim had just started to drift off, thinking about how he would make amends for ignoring his lovers, when Spock suddenly went tense against him.  At the same time McCoy’s twitching nose was pressed firmly to his shoulder.

Ihh’ISSHuh!

Ehh-ESShh!

Jim smiled.  He now had a pretty good idea how he was going to begin making it up to them.

Indeed!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to Aliena H. for the inspiration.

Prompt: Bed

Fandom: Star Trek reboot

Spock shivered and twisted around in the covers to get closer to the bundle of warmth at his side.

Hihh’isshh! Esuhu! ISShu!

Gesundheit.”

“Please excuse me, Leonard,” he said, sitting up.

“Nothing to excuse, Spock.” McCoy answered, sitting up as well and knuckling his own nose. “Not like we aren’t both in the same boat.”

“Well then you should both be thrilled that your knight in shining armour is here,” Jim announced, as he came in and dumped several tissue boxes, tea bags, and other cold remedy paraphernalia next to the bed.  McCoy thought there might even be soup buried under the mountain of stuff, but he couldn’t be sure.

Spock raised an eyebrow over Jim’s over-protective actions.   

“Jim, you should not over exert yourself you have not fully recovered.”

Jim waved off his concern.

“I’m on the mend and you two clearly aren’t so you stay in bed, captain's orders.”

“Jim, you hehh...you don’t-Huh’ASShu! ERSHUu!

“See point proven.”

McCoy bit back a sarcastic remark in favour of grabbing a tissue, handing one to Spock too as the Vulcan stippled his hands over his nose.

Ihh’IESHh!

“Bless you,” Jim said, and started fluffing the pillows

McCoy sighed and leaned back against the stack of pillows Jim was building. “Remind me again why we wanted to see him get better?”

Spock did not dignify that with an answer.

“Jim, all of this is most unnecessary.”

“No it’s not.  I mean this probably wouldn’t even be a problem if I hadn’t insisted on being such a jerk.  If we had helped each other out instead trying to fix each department ourselves I could have watched out for you two just like you did for me.”

Spock had to admit Jim had a point.  He easily recalled leaving the labs late into gamma shift for the last several days only to see McCoy leaving sickbay at the same time.  Still he didn’t wish Jim to blame himself.

“You have already apologized for that, Jim.”

“And we accepted so quit fussing and get in here.  We’ve missed you enough while you were off wooing Barrett, and since we all had to deal with making sure the ship was practically perfect in every way for the Admiral’s visit now none of us has anything to do until the next crisis.”

“Yeah, but-”

Spock and McCoy each took an arm and yanked him back into the bed.

“And it would make us feel better knowing you are relaxing too.”

The bed was warm and the pillows soft and with his lovers on either side Jim found he wasn’t in the mood to argue.

Oh THANK YOU!!! I really enjoyed this drabble. (I generally enjoy when Spock is sick, but if McCoy is sick too, it's even better. And Jim's efforts to take care of them... :blushing:)

On 28/08/2017 at 6:39 AM, Fuzzy&Warm said:

“Jim, you hehh...you don’t-Huh’ASShu! ERSHUu!

“See point proven.”

McCoy bit back a sarcastic remark in favour of grabbing a tissue, handing one to Spock too as the Vulcan stippled his hands over his nose.

Ihh’IESHh!

That's just perfect! Thank you for this!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Prompt: Candle

McCoy held his arms tight to his body as the wind whipped around him.  The storm seemed to come out of nowhere and forced him back to their temporary lodgings.  He had barely stepped over the threshold of the guest rooms though when he realized he’d returned too early.

Huh’ESSsuh!

Jim looked over from his comm call, frowning for being interrupted in his talk with the delegates.

“Sorry,” McCoy mumbled, quickly ducking into the bathroom before the tickle overwhelmed him again.

Ehh’ISSchu!

McCoy pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration.  Of all the spices, fabrics, and pollens, on the planet he had to be allergic to the one thing Spock had brought into their rooms directly.  He had been trying so hard to keep away while Spock was meditating with that infernal candle.

And he could still do that he told himself.  He was already in the bathroom so he could just take a shower and by the time he was done Spock would be too.  Perfect.

Then the lights flickered and the power went out.

McCoy’s swearing was covered by Jim’s yelp of pain in the other room and McCoy rushed out to find him clutching his hand.

“I just finished the call and was turning it off,” Jim explained, as McCoy took his hand gently and began examining it. “It must have short-circuited.”

Spock came out then, and McCoy cringed when he saw he was carrying the still lit candle.

“What happened?” Spock asked.

“Just a small burn nothing to heh…worry about it.”

Jim however saw the way McCoy’s eyes were starting to water and was worrying.

“Bones, what’s wrong?”

“I’m f-fine,” he said, shifting his work to one hand as the other rubbed frantically at his nose.

“Yeah, cause you really sound like it.”

Spock set the candle down on the table to get a better look, but as he saw the way McCoy jerked back at his actions he instead leaned over and blew it out.

“Spock, what the hell do you do that for?”

“Because I believe it is the reason for the good doctor’s discomfort. I have wondered why you left during my meditative sessions recently.   Why did you not say something earlier, Leonard?”

“Because we’ve all had to make do since this mission has gone on longer than p-planned.  I know how long you searched for something that wouldn’t affect J-hihh-Jim.  I didn’t want you to have to start that all over again just because it b-bothers-bothers huhh’ASSuh! ESShuh! IESHh! Ehh-hehh-ERSHUu!

As McCoy gave in to the desperate fit Jim used his good hand to open the window slightly as Spock took the small dermal regenerator to finish McCoy’s work.

“Sorry, you two I can’t-huh-can’t stop sn-Ihh’ISShuh! ISHH!  Hehh…ehhh…EHH-ACHSSHUh!

“Relax, Bones, and worry about yourself for a change.”

McCoy nodded and sat down as the outside air slowly began to dissipate the candle’s scent.

Spock reached into his pocket and pulled out a familiar handkerchief.

“You may use this if you require it, Leonard.  I assure you it is clean.”

McCoy managed a small chuckle at that and accepted the offering.

OMG, Love this! Poor Bones.

On 9/25/2017 at 11:52 PM, Fuzzy&Warm said:

I know how long you searched for something that wouldn’t affect J-hihh-Jim.  I didn’t want you to have to start that all over again just because it b-bothers-bothers huhh’ASSuh! ESShuh! IESHh! Ehh-hehh-ERSHUu!

This is priceless. Because it would be just his luck. And he would just suck it up and pretend it's not an issue for the sake of Jim and Spock. Love it!

• 2 months later...

Prompt: Anticipation

The trio were on shore leave, put up in a luxurious room with a large bed and soft bedding.  Not that Jim was focused on any of that though.  Instead he was focused on the man at his side.  The way McCoy’s nostrils had started to flare in and out.  The way his eyebrows knitted together.  Jim wrapped his arm around him as McCoy pressed his nose into the pillow, trying to supress a twitch that Jim had become all too familiar with after so much time together.

Jim’s grip tightened as he heard McCoy draw in a deep breath.

“Jim, you’re being a giant-hehh…distraction.”

“Sorry, Bones, it’s just…you know how much I like it.”

“Yeah I do, and I’d like to indulge you if it would stop t-teasing…heh…ehh-EHH…dammit!”

“If you required assistance you only needed to say so, Leonard,” Spock spoke up from McCoy’s other side, and without prompting reached a hand over his shoulder and ran one finger along the bridge of McCoy’s nose.

“S-Spock, what the he-hehh’ASSshh! ESShhuh!

The sneezes were muffled against Jim’s shoulder and he pressed himself as close to McCoy as he could as his chest continued to expand with rapid breathes.

“One-heh-one more huhh’ERSUhuh!

“Was that release sufficient, Leonard?”

“Yeah, but warn a guy before you do that next time.”

Jim was already looking forward to the next time.

Prompt: Hoarse

Spock approached his quarters slowly and not simply because the congestion had hampered his normally swift gait.  Jim was away and as such he had taken on the responsibilities of acting captain in his absence.  It had started off well enough.  Their exploration was uneventful and that left Spock more time to help the science department.  While the hours were long Spock thought he had done a perfectly adequate in balancing his duties.

McCoy disagreed.

They had argued the night before over Spock’s recent need to spend more time in the science labs after serving a full shift on the bridge.  Spock had tried to impress upon McCoy the need for perfectly controlled conditions and monitoring at this time.  While McCoy had countered that Spock was simply refusing to delegate and trust his staff, working himself to the bone when there was no need to.  Other harsh words had been thrown around and Spock spent the next two consecutive shifts hold up in the labs, and the bridge, and anywhere that wasn’t near McCoy.

Now though Spock had paid the price for his stubbornness.  The experiments were finished, but an unannounced comm call from the admiralty had kept Spock late once more, and by the end of that call even they could tell he’d nearly lost his voice.

He knuckled his nose as he entered his room and was grateful to see that McCoy was not there.  He dropped into the chair by the desk and started scrolling through reports.  Too sick to actually focus on what was in front of him, but too nervous about what he would do when McCoy eventually returned to try and relax.

Spock had ten minutes to stew in his thoughts and then McCoy returned.  They glanced at one another, but said nothing and McCoy took off his boots and started making his way to the bathroom.

For a brief moment Spock thought that perhaps he could fall asleep while McCoy was in the shower and thus avoid any uncomfortable questions until tomorrow.  Maybe even after the next shift when Jim was due to return and someone else could be the focus of McCoy’s wrath.

If only his nose had seen fit to cooperate.

ihh…hih-isshu! ISSHh!  

“Spock?”

“I-I… ihhh-ISSHHu!

He grabbed several tissues and tried to clear his nose as much as his ailment would allow.

“I believe the correct human phrase is I told you so,” he said, as he removed himself from the cluster of white.

McCoy winced at the sound of his voice and turned away from the bathroom door.

“Darlin’, come here.”

McCoy was easily able to get Spock out of the chair and pulled into his arms.

“You are not angry?” Spock asked.

McCoy shook his head.  “Heck no, look I know I was riding you hard about working too much, and probably being a giant hypocrite since I do it too I just…I hate seeing you like, Spock, and I wanted to avoid it if I could.”

“It seems we were both unsuccessful as it was not my intention to become ill.  Merely to perform my duties as I deemed necessary.”

“Yeah it’s what you do and I’m sorry.”

“As am I, L-Leonard-IESshu! Hihh-ISHUHh!

“Gesundheit.  Come on I’ll set up a water shower for us.  See if we can’t ease some of that congestion.”

“Thank you.”

8 hours ago, Fuzzy&Warm said:

They had argued the night before over Spock’s recent need to spend more time in the science labs after serving a full shift on the bridge.  Spock had tried to impress upon McCoy the need for perfectly controlled conditions and monitoring at this time.  While McCoy had countered that Spock was simply refusing to delegate and trust his staff, working himself to the bone when there was no need to. 

So them!

8 hours ago, Fuzzy&Warm said:

“I believe the correct human phrase is I told you so,” he said, as he removed himself from the cluster of white.

LOL