Sneeze Fetish Forum

Drabble Challenge Open to All! See Prompt Inside.

Subtly Clashing Wishes

While reading fan fiction on AO3 I came across this:

“The thousandth kiss, though… That one has to be considered. Even assuming ten kisses per day on average, that’s a hundred days into a relationship. Long enough to know which way to turn your head. Long enough to know that when your partner’s allergies act up, kissing becomes a complex matter of timing and tenderness balanced with oxygen deprivation—a not entirely appealing form of breath play.”

--The Thousandth Kiss

by Tammany

Now I thought, that's not true. I think I know of a number of people who would agree with me. :D 

So if anyone is interested I propose an open thread for any and all to post their response to this assertion that kissing your partner when they have allergies is "a not entirely appealing form of breath play". I leave it open to original characters, fan fiction of any kind, any pairing of genders/sexuality, whatever your imagination dreams up. I suppose you could even post an observation. 

I wrote a Mystrade fan fiction response and if you are interested you can see it in my drabble thread. It is called This Kiss

I look forward to seeing what people come up with. :) 

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!

And you're right ;) I happen to know quite a few writers on here whose OC's would strongly disagree with Tammany :lol:

I decided to use my OC's CJ and Theo for my take on this. If you don't know them and want to read their story, you can find it here.
If you ARE familiar with them, please note that this piece takes place prior to their original story.

@Coffee Chicken Barista I challenge you :P all hail Queen of fluff! :heart:

I followed @Seeking Clarity + Wisdom's suggestion and simply named it "The Kiss".

The Kiss

CJ Bennett wasn’t eavesdropping. He really wasn’t. But if one thing could be said about Nathaniel Marc’s infrequent visits to his boyfriend, Theodore James, curator - and consequently CJ’s boss – at the museum, it was that they never went down subtly. Not even when Theodore James was caught in the vicious claws on his allergies. Regardless of the situation, the world revolved around Nathaniel Marc (or so he seemed to think).

Upon his arrival, the haute couture fashionista had carelessly dumped his cashmere coat on CJ’s desk - half on top of the Renaissance painting CJ had spent the last 3 days restoring with his micro brush, half on top of CJ himself – while barking out a beverage order without a single glance in CJ’s direction.

Once back at his desk, beverages fetched and served, CJ tried his best not to listen in on the conversation taking place behind his boss’s closed door. Though, try as he might, the degrading tone in Nathaniel’s voice directed at his ailing boyfriend was unmissable. It made CJ cringe. He’d never liked Nathaniel Marc, designer and one of the most pompous asses CJ had ever seen, and the fashionista could hardly blame the poor curator for having an allergic reaction to the shipment of dust covered dinner service from the early 1400’s that was to be on display at the museum in a week’s time. Still, it apparently didn’t prevent him from being an ass.

“Oh for heaven’s sake.” Nathaniel’s frustrated tone leaked through the door, almost masking the sound of Theodore losing the desperate fight to his allergies. But not quite.

“Hhh’kiiitschuu! Hhuh… K’hiishu-uh! Hu-itsschuu!...

“Get yourself under control, man!”

“Hh… Pardhh-Pardon… Hah’iITSCHEWW!-uh.

CJ could make out the sound of Theodore’s miserable sniffles, most likely muffled by one of his Victorian
style handkerchiefs.

“Theo, you know how important my show tonight is.” Tonight was the launch of Nathaniel Marc’s latest collection. CJ had marked the date in Theodore’s calendar months ago. “Even the blond bombshell, Mr. Showboat himself is coming.” CJ crinkled his brow trying to jog his memory. The blond bombshell, Aiden Summerville, Nathaniel’s awe-inspiring ex. Right! “And,” CJ’s ear twitched uncomfortably as Nathaniel’s frustrated voice reached an octave higher. “He’s bringing his new lawyer-beaux. Can you believe it? To my show! Ugh! The nerve!

More miserable sniffles sounded through the door followed by a sudden, high pitched intake of breath and an exhausted sigh. Poor Theo. CJ’s heart went out to the boss he’d had a crush on for a while. CJ could tell Theo’s allergies were taking their toll on him, but the ever cheerful curator would never let his chipper mood falter. CJ overheard Nathaniel scold his boyfriend through another desperate sounding triplet of sneezes followed by more muffled sniffling.    

“Nathan, sweetheart, maybe he… hhh.. Huhh’iIITSCHUU-UH! Oh sweet Marie, pardon.”

CJ let out a small compassionate sigh and a whispered “blessings” as once again Theo lost his battle trying to get a grip on his allergies.    

“My God, Theodore. I do hope this lets up. You look absolutely… disgusting.”

CJ cringed again at the word “disgusting”, almost breaking the micro brush in his hand in silent hatred. A long pause followed and CJ started to worry that Theo was in a worse state than he’d thought when Nathaniel’s impatient voice reached his ears again, almost shouting to be heard over another small outburst from the allergy-stricken Theo.

“Hi’itscheww! Huhh… Ehh’tsshuu! T’isschuu!

“My God, you’re even impossible to kiss goodbye in this pathetic state. You’d better clean up before tonight or we’ll have to come up with some museum emergency or other to feed the papers. I can’t be seen with… This!”

“Par-hh-Pardon, my lo-hh… Huhh’ITSSCHUU-UH! Oh my!”

CJ’s felt his heat rising in anger. He could easily imagine the look of distaste in Nathaniel’s eyes and the well-directed hand gesture towards Theo’s current appearance that had accompanied that last sentence. Next thing the assistant knew, Nathaniel Marc was standing before him, impatiently waving his hand for the cashmere coat that CJ had carefully hung on a coat hanger against the wall behind him.

CJ’s heart sank as the whirl of expensive textile swept out the door. Exhausted snuffling sounded from Theo’s office, even louder now due to the open door between them after Nathaniel’s hurried exit. Poor Theo.  

Disgusting

Pathetic   

Theodore James was, at least in CJ’s mind, as beaming and graceful as ever, even at the mercy of his allergies. 

Impossible to kiss in his current state?

Surely not. Surely, even a man such as Nathaniel Marc would have noticed that when caught in allergies, the curator almost always sneezed in fours, leaving a slightly longer gap between the third and fourth sneeze, almost as if his nose was letting him believe it was over before bending him in half with a last desperate sneeze. The gap was long enough that should a partner feel so inclined; a kiss was not wholly impossible. Wasn’t it obvious? Maybe it wasn’t. CJ had noticed, but then again, CJ’s brain was wired to remember details, pick up patterns and take mental notes.

Or maybe he was simply a love-smitten fool, noticing things about his boss only a stalker would pick up.

Ave Caesar.         

“CJ…?”

CJ was startled out of his analytical theories concerning mid-sneeze-fit-kissing and stalker tendencies, blushing deeply as he half-expected his boss to be able to read his mind. He looked up, trying his best to keep his breathing steady and his legs from carrying him out the door faster than the speed of light.

Theo stood in the door between their offices. Neither the midnight blue renaissance coat on his shoulders, the gold cravat and matching vest underneath, nor even the large, single, fresh water pearl dangling from his ear could remove focus from his angry looking, abused nose and glistening, red and streaming eyes behind his black-framed glasses. CJ couldn’t help but find him strangely endearing. His boss looked in no way like a man one should discard for his allergies, but rather a well-dressed, albeit slightly run down, teddy bear in need of a healing kiss and a nursing cuddle. In his mind, CJ was ready to provide both. He felt the blush spread fast in his cheeks and quickly composed himself, muttering a silent “cudstodi spirandi” under his breath.

“Y-yes?”

Before Theo could state his request, his hand started fumbling for his handkerchief which he’d apparently stuffed in the inside pocket of his vest. It seemed CJ would have the perfect opportunity to test his theory. Not the actual kiss though, just the possibility of the mid-sneeze-fit-reassurance-of-love.                 

CJ looked on, patient but calculating. Too much of a practical analyst wanting to prove his latest hypothesis to look away. He knew the small signs by heart of course, having spent – too much – time trying not to gaze longingly at his boss, and failing. He found himself cataloging the details in his brain as they occurred.

At first, Theo’s eyes would glaze over and become unfocused and squinting. Next, his nostrils would twitch ever so slightly, the skin around them reddening as the uninvited irritant caused mischief. His lips would then curl back over his teeth and his face would scrunch up into an adorably vulnerable expression.      

The tiniest of head shakes would confirm that indeed some itchy force was working its teasing way down towards the tip of his nose. One hitchy intake of breath followed, perhaps another, depending on the strength of the irritant. CJ found himself wondering if a carefully planned and perfectly executed kiss to the curator’s nose at this stage would shorten the desperate buildup and provoke the inevitable release. He shook the thought from his head. He was only out to prove Nathaniel wrong, not plan how he himself would assure Theodore that even this particularly vulnerable side of him deserved a kiss as much as the flamboyant side did… right?!      

One last sighed “oh” was breathed before Theo pitched forward into his waiting handkerchief. CJ knew the drill.

“Kh’Ihtsschuu! Ehh… Eh’iIHHtscheww! T’HIischuu!-uhh!

Just there. Between the third and fourth sneeze. After the small sigh, before the next buildup. The kiss wouldn’t be long or deep, but sweet and chaste. Like an assurance of love, no matter the state of appearance or level of vulnerability.

“O-ohhh… Huhh’Iihtsschuu! Goodness.”

“Blessings.” CJ muttered as he secretly rejoiced in having his hypothesis proven right; A well planned kiss could be administered between the third and fourth sneeze when the curator was having his signature dust-induced sneezing fit.

Theo wiped his nose clean in the handkerchief before turning a gleaming smile towards CJ.

“Oh shush, CJ, dear, none of that if you please.” He sniffled one last time and gave his nose a firm rub in the soft fabric. “Though as much as I enjoy these delightful expulsions I do hope they let up before tonight or I fear my dear Nathaniel will be quite put out with me.”

CJ remained silent and tried to focus on the painting in front of him, ignoring the list of Latin curses flying through his mind directed at the fashionista and his ability to mock and not care for his ailing boyfriend.   

“So, CJ, my shooting star in the sky, what should we do with the kiss?”

CJ’s mind was still occupied with Latin curses, but he heard himself answer as if in a trance. “Between third and fourth, after the sigh, before the next buildup.” Panic rose in him.

“Splendid! You have my permission to execute.” Theo’s face lit up into his signature, beaming smile as he threw his arms out to congratulate CJ’s suggestion.

“Wait what?!” CJ was in a state of panic. And yet, what had Theo just said? “What?”

“What an excellent idea to display “The Kiss” between aisle 3 and 4, after the Duchess’s necklace that makes the ladies sigh with jealous longing and just before the buildup to the “Armored Duke”. Perfect! Ah! CJ my bewildered genius, what would I do without you?”

CJ willed his lungs to take in air.

The kiss.

The painting.

Named “The Kiss”.

Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant. 

His secret was safe, but he knew the theory of the reassuring mid-sneezing-fit-kiss would occupy his mind for some time.  

@Juto  That. Was. Brilliant!  :notworthy:

I absolutely love it! Pre-MA CJ and Theo, I had no clue how you were going to do it but this was masterful. I loved the ending. I almost had a panic attack along with CJ. :lol:

Here lies SpamKey. She died a happy person, glad to have been killed by such adorableness. Thank you, o lady Juto, for this wonderful example of magnificence!!!

(Also dsjaciKDJLIDSJKDFLKJOD HOLY CRAP THAT WAS FUCKING AMAZING JDICOJSODKL)

Ok first...

HOW. DARE. YOU!!!!

My poor wonderful cutierator dealing with his allergies only to have Nathaniel be his normal.pompus self. UGH MY HEART.

CJ!!!!!!! Oh god that ending. Honestly amazing. The whole story is amazing since we dont even see it happening except through CJ and you wove it beautifully. :heart:

It was amazing. Latin + sneezing + great characters + perfect writing (+ latin !!!) = thank you so much for this ! I'm going to read the whole story (is CJ for Caesar Julius ???) now that I have discovered your prequel...

23 minutes ago, Aliena H. said:

It was amazing. Latin + sneezing + great characters + perfect writing (+ latin !!!) = thank you so much for this ! I'm going to read the whole story (is CJ for Caesar Julius ???) now that I have discovered your prequel...

Aww gosh thank you. I'm so happy you like my characters :D (and the Latin!! If you speak it I do apologise for any mistakes). 

(And no, CJ is not short for Ceasar Julius ;) but I won't spoil it :P ) I MAY also be working on a sequel, but I make no promises yet ;) 

I hope you like my story :heart: 

((psst and if you're into original fiction and would like some recommendations feel free to ask :) I know a lot of excellent writers on here - and welcome by the way. :D I really hope you enjoy the community.)) 

Well, I just finish reading your story and... wow. It was really, really, really great ! I love your main character, his vulnerability and his latin obsession (I do not "speak" latin but I am a huge fan of roman civilization) and the fact that Theodore "blesses" his own sneezes - something I had never seen before and I found really enjoyable. The story in itself is very developped, as well as the characters are, with a precise and very interesting background (and illness scenes between CJ and Theodore are just... wonderful !).

In fact, I was not very fond of original fictions (I prefer specific fandoms) but your story just opened a new field of possibilities, so, yes, if you have some recommendation, I'd be happy to follow them !!! I am really glad to be part of this community (I've been reading this forum for at least six years but to sign up was a "difficult" thing to do for me...), thank you for your welcome and rest assured I will read any sequel you could possibly write ! (Once again, sorry for my possible / probable mistakes in english)

Okay @GothicKey and @Kaze BOO Hiku let's see a story from you ladies. I know you can do it. :D 

@Aliena H. Welcome to the dark side where @Ju-OOooo-To bakes wonderful cookies and cooks up amazing stories. She has a Guardian Angel drabble thread, which features two of her other OCs. Also the writers who commented earlier have drabble threads and original fiction stories that you might also enjoy. The three of them have been known to borrow characters from each other. You might want to check them out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok @Sinister Cries + Wails I'm in. Some familiar faces mixed up a bit ;) Much thanks for @Ju-OOooo-To @GothicKey and @Adri-un-dead for helping :heart:

~~~~

Title: In Sweet Slow Motion

Prompt: This Kiss - Faith Hill

Pairing: Liam/Gabriel 

“Keep your scarf up love, last thing we need is you catching a chill.” Liam glanced quickly over at the professor who obliged tugging the sky blue garment, which matched his eyes, up around to his chin. The wind though mostly shielded by the surrounding buildings still managed to snake around them, while the pair cut through Rochester Park, rustling the nearby trees.  The falling leaves crunching beneath their feet.

“Yes dear, I do wish you'd worn a warmer coat.” Gabriel eyed his partner's trademark black music hoodie as they turned the corner onto 4th Street.

Liam smiled brushing his hand across his nose, sniffing lightly. “I'm fine love, promise. Plus we're not far from home.”  The couple braved the chilly autumn weather for dinner as Gabriel would be returning to Davenport in a few days.  A night of delicious food, some drinks, laughter and basking in each other's company relieved some of the anxiety weighing Liam down lately. He adored autumn but that meant his quirky professor would be leaving.

Reaching his hand over Gabriel grasped the writer's palm in his own pulling him close. “Then keep me warm please.”  He replied exhaling a shivery breath. “I'm flabbergasted that I haven't fallen ill yet, I'm hoping to finally break my abominable streak of luck when returning to work.” His face fell slightly as previous year memories flooded his mind.

“Gabriel Lane you'll be fine.” Liam sniffed running his hand over his nose again.

“I hope so my dear.” Hunching his shoulders, hoping to shield his grey hair from wind, Gabriel drew his coat lapels up.

Returning to the warmth of their loft, Gabriel threw his coat and scarf over the back of the chair as Liam removed a bottle of wine, a gift he'd gotten years ago from someone, probably Cordy.  Uncorking it he poured two glasses handing one to his boyfriend dressed in that impeccable grey three piece suit. Liam had personally requested Gabriel wear it tonight, add the white shirt and shale colored bowtie, it had been a challenge not to simply gawk at the older man the entire night.  Greying and gorgeous definitely described his boyfriend.

“Cheers, love.” Liam raised his glass clinking it against Gabriel’s who smiled before taking a drink. “Wow that's good. I'm not a wine fan but damn.”

A chuckle escaped Gabriel who nodded, “It’s quite flavorful, not insipid in the least.” He set the glass on the counter, “No more for me dear, I need to be coherent to finish packing.”

“One,” Liam started refilling his own glass, “I'm going to assume insipid means good.” A smile parted his lips hearing his boyfriend scoff. “Two, if another glass inhibits your packing then drink up.” He tilted the bottle toward Gabriel's glass who immediately drew it pack.

“Dearest.” Holding the word Gabriel forced his tone to remain light.

Liam smiled running his finger across his nose, “Joking Gabriel Lane.  Just because I’m aware you're leaving d-d--ek-tnxxt...” He buried his face into the crook his arm. “Excuse me.”

Gabriel's eyes widened, “Gesundheit dear. Are you feeling well?”

Sniffling, Liam nodded. “Fine love, no need to bless me remember.”

Flushing a deep red Gabriel ran his hand through his hair. “Apologies dear I forgot, you do it so infrequently.”

“No worries love.” Liam took another sip. “You sure you don't want anymore?” He jiggled the bottle in his hand.

“I'm fine, Liam dear, please limit yourself as well.” The professor’s brow crinkled as his partner finished the glass.

“Yes love I will, it's just...this is good, tastes like spiked fruit punch.  Plus a little drink eases the nerves.” Liam cocked his head winking at his boyfriend who merely shook his head.

“Understandably my dearest but...” Gabriel's speech was cut short as Liam’s head dipped back into his hoodie sleeve.

Ndhn’dx!

Hn’xdht!

Nh'xxdt!

Tsch’xnt!

Standing back up, Liam ran his fingers underneath his watering eyes. “What the hell?”  Sniffing thickly he barely wiped away the tears before his brown eyes clouded again.

“Liam dear!” The concern vibrating in Gabriel's voice cracked the writer's heart.

Trying his best to form any type of reply, Liam blinked wishing his vision would clear. Feeling a soft hand grip his arm he forced a smile but knew it looked more like a grimace. “I'm fine love.”

“Don't be absurd dear you are far from fine.” The professor’s forehead creased with worry.  

Shuffling past the older man Liam grabbed several tissues from the box sitting on the end table. Giving his nose a hard blow lessened some of his congestion. Another quick wipe of his eyes against his sleeve, which still streamed some tears, they felt itchy and oddly dry.  Rubbing his nose with the tissues he turned back to Gabriel who now stood next to him. “See.” He sniffed again, “Nothing to worry about.”

Frowning Gabriel crossed his arms as Liam walked back into the kitchen grabbing his glass.

“What?” The younger man asked taking another drink.

“That was an allergy attack.” The professor stepped forward locking his brilliant blues with Liam's ochre.

Scoffing the writer nearly dropped the glass, reflexes slightly lowered, “Gabriel Lane don't be ridiculous!” Sniffing hard again he fought against the awful itch aggravating his eyes.

“Dearest remember who you're conversing with.” Gabriel raised an eyebrow. “Your eyes are red, puffy and watering. You're sneezing, sniffling and rubbing your nose, you're allergic to something.”

Rolling his burning eyes Liam turned mostly so his boyfriend wouldn't see him wipe them quickly. “Yes I am allergic to something, shellfish, which I haven't eaten.” His nose tickled but he refused to acknowledge it.  “Plus I get hives, not this.”

Before Gabriel could answer, Liam dipped forward again, sneezing wetly into his hand.

Hn’xdht!

Nh'xxdt!

Tears streaming down his face he dug into his pocket for the tissues.

“For goodness sakes dear, you have a handkerchief in your back pocket.” Gabriel said.

Tissues soggy from tears and sneezing, Liam shook his head. “That's yours.”

Reaching behind his partner Gabriel plucked the handkerchief, “Now is not the time to be pertinacious, here.” Gently placing the cloth into Liam's hand, he kissed a tear from the writer's face.  “Come with me.”

Looping his fingers in Gabriel's, Liam was led back to the kitchen bar stools. Scratching at his eyes the younger man sighed before blowing his nose again. “This is hell.” He sniffed then ran his hand under his eyes again. Throat screaming he took another swig of wine.

“Dearest are you sure you're not allergic to anything besides shellfish.” Gabriel ran his hands through Liam's unruly sandy blond hair clearing it from his face.

Managing a nod before his expression slacked Liam covered his running nose with the handkerchief.

Eh’tnxxt!

H'nnxsh!

Growling he scrubbed his nose cursing how the awful itchy feeling lodged in his sinuses wouldn't lessen. “Yes love, I had an allergy test as a kid after I reacted to shrimp.” Liam dug his palm into his eye desperately trying to clear his blurred vision. Suddenly a box appeared before him.

“Here.” Gabriel held out two pills. “I don't say this often but thanks to me I know we have Benadryl on hand. Swallow with water.”

Another wipe of his nose with the handkerchief Liam sighed palming the medicine downing it followed with water which put out some of the fire in his throat.  Exhaling hard he set the water bottle back on the counter. “God my eyes hurt.” He muttered wiping them with the ends of the handkerchief.

“You’re quite flushed dear, I’m going to ring Darian and...”

“No no don’t.” Liam really did not want Nick finding out about this. “Let’s see if the Benadryl works before we go bothering him.”

Gabriel exhaled but did not argue only gave a very disapproving teacher look..

“If this is how you feel during allergy season...” Liam started before his voice simply trailed off, the edges of his nose had begun to sting from rubbing.

“Lovely isn’t it.” Gabriel replied softly stepping forward resting his hand on Liam’s back. “So you admit it’s allergies?”

Shrugging the writer sniffed before rubbing his nose fiercely.  “You’re the expert, sorry.” He felt his boyfriend’s hand falter, “If you say it is I believe you but the bigger question is-s-s ugh-h-hh'nkk! Ugh my head is starting to hurt.”  Liam leaned into Gabriel who ran circles over his back, the professor giving off all the comfort he desired.  His head fell slightly before he caught it.  “Sorry wine is taking effect.”

Suddenly Gabriel gasped pulling back enough Liam’s hand braced against the other stool.  “Oh my stars that’s it!  Oh my dear I’m sorry.” He flushed quick stepping back over to Liam who waved him off.

“What’s it, love?” The writer asked as Gabriel hurried over and grabbed his Kindle off the table.  

Smiling the professor placed his glasses on his face and began typing when he returned to the counter. “While living in France, Michael and I had an acquaintance, he worked on a vineyard.”

Nodding Liam flinched at the mention of Gabriel’s ex but the older man didn’t seem to notice as he flipped pages on the tablet.

“The vineyard produced delicious wine, mostly red, however our friend, oh dear what was his name,” Looking up Gabriel stared off into space, trying to coax the name out with a wave of his hand. “Jules...Julian...goodness Gabe it was ages ago but even you should be able to remember...”

“Gabriel Lane.” Liam said tiredly jolting his boyfriend back.  The blush he received nearly matched the wine remaining in the glass.

“Forgive me dear, suffice it to say he wasn’t able to partake in the actual drinking of the wine because....” The professor’s finger traced the lines of the Kindle screen momentarily. “Ah ha! Because he was allergic to it.” Smiling, Gabriel removed his glasses and turned the tablet to Liam who raised an eyebrow.

“Allergic to wine?” He sniffed hard pinching his nose quickly between his thumb and first finger.  “Are you sure?”  Hell or high water Liam was not sneezing again.  Vision still tear stained, the screen took a moment before coming into view.  The article read Wine: The Allergy You Didn’t Know You Had.  

Gabriel held out the water bottle, “Unquestionably. I remember researching it given my issues but thankfully I never had any reactions.  It’s quite uncommon.  Here drink this, let’s work on getting it out of your system.”

Massaging his eyes Liam decided just to take Gabriel’s word for it, he was in no mood to read anything. “Perfect, no wonder my nose itched earlier. Must have started during dinner.” Another hard blow into the handkerchief only spiked the headache forming.  “I feel awful.” He whined resting his head against the counter.

“Oh my dearest, let’s get you to bed.” Gabriel held out his hand for Liam who, still feeling the other effects of the wine, tripped a bit landing directly against the professor’s chest.  “Oh!” The older man gasped grabbing onto his partner.

Embarrassed at his own clumsiness paired with ruining the night, Liam felt as if he and Gabriel switched roles for the evening. “Apologies dear.” He hadn't meant to blush but suddenly his face burned looking up at those magnificent blues.

“Mon amour,” Gabriel's breath caressed his neck as the professor ran a hand over his cheek.  Leaning in Gabriel's lips playfully touched Liam's, “Jamais des excuses pour être vous.”

At that moment time slowed along with Liam's breathing, the only sensation Gabriel's soft lips lightly brushing his own.

Hand positioned behind his partner's neck, Gabriel pulled his beloved into a kiss smiling that he could still taste that sweet wine on his dearests lips.

END

~~~~

The French translates to "My love. Never apologize for being you" ;)

Ah! Lovely role reversal, well, maybe not for Liam. :lol: I truly enjoyed Gabriel, the deducing professor. And this bit was just so sweet... :wub:

2 hours ago, Kaze BOO Hiku said:

At that moment time slowed along with Liam's breathing, the only sensation Gabriel's soft lips lightly brushing his own.

Hand positioned behind his partner's neck, Gabriel pulled his beloved into a kiss smiling that he could still taste that sweet wine on his dearests lips.

Hehehe, okay, I was going to do this challenge, and then I didn't know quite how so I went in here and read others for inspiration and left feeling deeply inferior. Mine is not at all the same class as what's already been posted here, and it's probably much shorter than the rest, and... pft, I don't even think I kept them in character. But I did promise I would write something, and so something I have written. :)  @Sinister Cries + Wails

Fandom: Big Love
Title: Kissing Barb Henrickson

Barb doesn’t feel attractive when her allergies act up and her medication drags behind, but Bill quietly disagrees. He can’t put his finger on what it is about her during those days that is so alluring, but something is. Perhaps it’s the vulnerability that is so visibly plastered all over her expressive face. Perhaps it’s how much softer her piercing dark eyes seem when a layer of allergic tears glitters in them. Perhaps it’s how inviting her full lips are when they are constantly slightly parted. While it is out of necessity - she can’t breathe through her irritated, congested nose - Bill still happens to find the outer signs of his first wife's predicament very… sensual.

Kissing Barb Henrickson during allergy season demands precision and skill. It’s more than the habitual kissing he shares with Nicki or Margene, this is its very own art form, and one that Bill has practiced to almost perfection over the course of their nearly two decades together.

The kiss has to be airy, to allow Barb the intake of oxygen, but eventually it does deepen, and he has to know when to break it off so she can breathe in between, and time it so that neither of them feel either pushed away or held against their will. The pause also has to be natural so not to ruin the moment, but over the years they have managed to master this to perfection.

Barb is a stellar kisser, and her allergies rather improve her skills than the other way around. She uses the needed breathing pauses as a means to tease him, egg him on, until he’s crazy to have her mouth upon his again. Sometimes when she needs a breather, she places small, airy kisses down his jaw, his neck and shoulder. Most of these instances the kisses are accompanied by very light but very wet sniffling - sometimes when it’s particularly bad, she opts to rub her itchy nose against his skin as she goes. Bill isn’t sure if she’s aware of it herself; he thinks this might just be a little tic Barb has developed, another trait born from necessity, but the sensation of her feverishly hot nose rubbing against his skin is incredible, no matter how odd it may seem.

She sniffles again, a bit harsher this time, and Bill cups her face and leans in for another kiss; a real one. Barb responds eagerly, her warm, soft mouth making love to his. But even so, with her nose pressed up against his cheek, he can feel it when her nostrils begin to flare as the nearly relentless tickle starts to overthrow her willpower. Barb’s willpower is exceptional, and it says no. But the willpower of her allergic nose is more exceptional still, and it insists.

Barb pulls back and turns away from her husband, her breath hitching wildly as the sneeze teases her, tickles all the way up to the very edge and then abandons her right before the release. She blinks, one hand still hovering hesitantly in front of her face. Her nose twitches and her eyes narrows, allowing a tear to spill over, trickle down her cheek, drip off her chin and continue downwards, disappearing under the fabric of her tank top.

Her breath is hitching again, and she shakes her head in exhaustion as if that would make the itch go away. A look of absolute torture has crept into her face, her parted lips have pulled back in a pained wince, feverishly red nostrils flare to their full extent, her eyes are closed and arched brows knit together to give that final touch of complete desperation.

“Hehh… hehhh… ihhh… IiiiiyIISSSHHHew! AaISSCHEW Huh… haaITTSSHHHooo!”

It would be a bit generous to say that she catches these sneezes into her raised hand; it’s more that she simply sneezes all over it as well as everywhere else, but Bill isn’t going to tell her. She is feeling bad enough as it is, there is no need to add further embarrassment to the mix.

She sniffles stuffily, wipes her sprayed hand on her pajama pants and leans back against the pillows, letting out a congested sigh.

“Bill, I deed to see ad allergist and get sobething stronger than Bedadryl. I can’t do this four bonths out of every year, it’s wrecking be.”

After deciphering her words, and agreeing, Bill crawls up closer and gives her a quick kiss on the tip of her hot, irritated nose. Barb immediately gets her hand up and start rubbing it as if he tickled her rather than kissed her, but her attempts to stop the inevitable are bound to fail, and she bobs forward with a very itchy:

“EiiiSSSHHH!”

She glares at Bill.

“Was that really necessary?”

He chuckles and gives her another kiss, one very chaste, on the corner of her mouth.

“I’m sorry. I love you, Barb.”

“I lo-hhh… love y-yIISSSHHHew! Love you too,” Barb replies.

Wow. @Cemetary_no5... I gotta say that was :drool: *cough* uhm... delightful ;) 

I'm not familiar with the fandom but that doesn't make this piece any less delicious or less well written. 

Whatever you may think, it definitely belongs in this thread. 

@Cemetary_no5 You certainly did not disappoint! I love how Bill finds Barb almost more attractive in her allergic state. But this bit... 

14 hours ago, Cemetary_no5 said:

Barb is a stellar kisser, and her allergies rather improve her skills than the other way around. She uses the needed breathing pauses as a means to tease him, egg him on, until he’s crazy to have her mouth upon his again. Sometimes when she needs a breather, she places small, airy kisses down his jaw, his neck and shoulder. Most of these instances the kisses are accompanied by very light but very wet sniffling - sometimes when it’s particularly bad, she opts to rub her itchy nose against his skin as she goes. Bill isn’t sure if she’s aware of it herself; he thinks this might just be a little tic Barb has developed, another trait born from necessity, but the sensation of her feverishly hot nose rubbing against his skin is incredible, no matter how odd it may seem.

Fantastic! :naughty:

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd revive this since I didn't get to post the first time around! @Ju-OOooo-To gave me this idea! Love you, girl!

STORY: FIRST DAY

Julian looked in the mirror and took another deep breath, trying to calm his nerves.

“You can do this. You can do this. You can do this.”

“You’re right babe! You can!”

Julian smiled at his boyfriend’s encouraging shout and finished getting dressed. It was Julian’s first day doing rounds at an actual hospital. He was absolutely terrified but simultaneously incredibly excited. He smiled and let out a laugh as Daniel came into their room and wrapped his arms around Julian’s waist. 

“Stop worrying sweetheart. You’re gonna be great.”

“Thanks Danny. But hey, will you keep your phone on today? Just in case I need to call you and freak out.”

“Definitely. I promise.”

Julian smiled and tilted his head up, kissing his boyfriend’s lips.

“Love you.”

“Love you too.”

---------------

“Are you Julian?”

Julian glanced up and smiled at the man walking towards him.

“Yes.”

“I’m Dr. Walker.”

Julian smiled brighter and shook the hand of the man in front of him.

“Nice to meet you, Dr. Walker.”

“You too Julian. I’ll be your supervisor today.”

“Perfect.”

“Alright, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.”

“Thank you.”

Julian smiled brightly and let out a small sniffle, ready to start his day.

-------------

Daniel smiled as he heard his cellphone start to buzz. His smile brightened as he saw his boyfriend’s name appear on the caller ID.

“Hi baby.”

Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo!

“Woah, bless you Julian! You okay?”

“No, I’m…Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo!

“Honey, what’s happening?”

“I’m allergic to something. I can’t stop…Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo!

“Oh honey! Is there anything I can do?”

“Can you come here? I’m panic…Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! I’m panicking and I need you.”

“Julian, honey, I’m on my way. Just hang tight babe.”

-----------

Daniel made his way into the hospital and took off towards the nurses' station. 

“Hi, sorry, I’m looking for a med student. His name is…”

“The med students are up on the 3rd floor right now.”

“Thank you so much!”

Daniel turned around and sprinted towards the elevator, rushing up to the 3rd floor. As soon as the elevator doors opened, he was met with a group of med students making their way around the floor. His eyes immediately went to his other half who was in the midst of an incredibly painful looking stifle fit. Julian looked up, eyes watering and spotted his boyfriend across the room. He tilted his head in the direction of the bathroom, signaling for Daniel to meet him there. Daniel nodded and hurried to the bathroom. When he was inside, he locked the door and waited for his other half.

----------

“Danny, can you open the….Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo!

Daniel quickly unlocked the door and pulled his boyfriend into the room, yanking him lovingly into his arms. 

“Honey…”

Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo! Hshoo!

“Bless you honey. What happened?”

“My supervisor is wearing really thick cologne.”

“Oh honey. What can I do to make it better?”

“Kiss.”

Daniel smiled and tilted his boyfriend’s head back, catching his partner’s lips in a sniffly kiss. Julian sighed into the kiss until his nose immediately began to tickle and his pulled back.

“Bless you sweetheart.”

Julian sniffled and buried his face in Daniel’s neck. Daniel smiled and kissed Julian’s head.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah. Just embarrassed. I can’t believe this happened on my first day.”

“Julian, sweetheart, it isn’t a big deal. I promise, it’ll all be okay.”

Julian sighed.

“How do you always know the right thing to say?”

Daniel laughed and kissed his boyfriend’s head again. 

“I just know you that well. I know exactly what calms you down, I know exactly how to rile you up  when I want to and I know exactly how to kiss you in between your ticklish allergy fits.”

Daniel tilted Julian’s head up once more and kissed him. Julian smiled before rolling his eyes and pulling back. 

“Bless you babe. See, I told you. I always know exactly when to kiss you between sneezes.”

Julian smiled and nuzzled Daniel’s cheek.

“Thank you.”

“Always sweetheart.”

“Will you be home tonight when I’m done?”

“Of course.”

HSHOO!

Daniel laughed quietly and kissed his partner’s head.

“Bless you babe. Now go be the rock star I know and love.”

EEEHHHHHH THE KISSY FLUFF!!!!! 

Awww this was just what I needed :inlove: Julian and Daniel always make my heart do silly things. Such a sweet and adorably fluffy couple :kiss: 

Yay! Another post to this thread! Thank you @Coffee Chicken Barista!

Poor Julian, but as Daniel said...

On November 22, 2016 at 6:31 AM, Coffee Chicken Barista said:

“I just know you that well. I know exactly what calms you down, I know exactly how to rile you up  when I want to and I know exactly how to kiss you in between your ticklish allergy fits.”

So sweet! :heart:

Archived