Sneeze Fetish Forum

That moment you realized sneezing was sexual but didn't know what "turn on" meant?

rockblock706

Hi, I'm not sure how to describe this too well but it's been something concerning me and I hope someone who has felt this way knows more about it than I do...so I remember when I was about 8 or so and was watching the old Alice in Wonderland from the 90's and during the sneezing scenes I noticed something. I would keep on playing and playing the scenes over and over in slo-mo and I started to feel sexually "stimulated" as you will but had no idea what that feeling was or how to describe it. All I knew was that it felt good and I felt really taboo for feeling such a weird way about sneezing (I wish I could go into detail but I'm sure you all know what I mean anyway). So I'm wondering, is 8 years old considered an "acceptable" age to actually feel sexually turned on by sneezing? What I'm worried about is that they say people who haven't hit puberty shouldn't have a sexual drive, but does that make us fetishists exceptions? I know it wasn't all in my head because I could feel how my body was reacting to the sneezing but I had no idea what that concept would even be called. Thanks for any comments! :) 

To be honest, I have also been turned on by sneezes before puberty and before I knew what sexual arousal was. I enjoyed sneezes in a sexual way even before I started having crushes. I'm not sure if this phenomenon is sneeze fetish specific, but I am curious to learn more.

Yep, same here. I think it's all vaguely related to puberty. People often remember feeling "funny" when they see kissing or something on TV or in real life.... since we have a fetish, it was just a bit more specific on sneezing. I think it's normal. 

Same with me as well.  Kinda embarrassed to say this, but I was a super repressed Catholic kid and I didn't know what arousal was until a boy dipped me back and kissed me when I was 16 and then I made the connection to the feeling. :blushing: I knew I liked sneezing as a kid (i.e. whenever I wished for a super power as a kid it was always that I could make anyone I wanted to sneeze, I also kept a diary that included entries of people blessing me in grade school, and I totally wrote a secret book when I was 10 about a sneezing curse and felt weird enough about how it made me feel to hide it from my family, lol), but I had no real idea concept about what arousal felt like or that the feeling was tied to anything sexual until years later. 

1 hour ago, Alabaster said:

Yep, same here. I think it's all vaguely related to puberty. People often remember feeling "funny" when they see kissing or something on TV or in real life.... since we have a fetish, it was just a bit more specific on sneezing. I think it's normal. 

It's weird for me though, because I never felt sexually turned on by kissing on tv and still don't really feel that way! I know there's been a thread on the forum where people talked about whether the fetish was or wasn't the only way they could be turned on, and for me I feel like it's been the only way! It's made me wonder whether or not we've experienced sexual feelings a lot earlier than some of our friends who didn't have the fetish! Because I'm sure most 8 year olds thought kissing was gross at that age including me, and they would have probably had not other way of knowing what it meant to feel "funny" except if they had the fetish. It's just impossible to know and to ask people about, but in any case, the fetish has been a window into another world at a young age for all of us!

1 hour ago, bingochamp7 said:

To be honest, I have also been turned on by sneezes before puberty and before I knew what sexual arousal was. I enjoyed sneezes in a sexual way even before I started having crushes. I'm not sure if this phenomenon is sneeze fetish specific, but I am curious to learn more.

Awesome to know someone gets me! I happened to have crushes before getting sexually turned on, but it is really interesting!

3 minutes ago, LostGirl2.0 said:

Same with me as well.  Kinda embarrassed to say this, but I was a super repressed Catholic kid and I didn't know what arousal was until a boy dipped me back and kissed me when I was 16 and then I made the connection to the feeling. :blushing: I knew I liked sneezing as a kid (i.e. whenever I wished for a super power as a kid it was always that I could make anyone I wanted to sneeze, I also kept a diary that included entries of people blessing me in grade school, and I totally wrote a secret book when I was 10 about a sneezing curse and felt weird enough about how it made me feel to hide it from my family, lol), but I had no real idea concept about what arousal felt like or that the feeling was tied to anything sexual until years later. 

Omg I totally did the same thing with my books and journals too! I know it's a sensitive topic, but did you find out what arousal felt like after figuring out what the fetish was or did you figure it out a while before that? I'm just wondering because for me I figured out the "feeling" before even seeing this forum!

26 minutes ago, rockblock706 said:

Omg I totally did the same thing with my books and journals too! I know it's a sensitive topic, but did you find out what arousal felt like after figuring out what the fetish was or did you figure it out a while before that? I'm just wondering because for me I figured out the "feeling" before even seeing this forum!

Ha! I love that we both hid our stuff! :D This forum is really amazing. I felt so weird for so long... To find out that other people had the same hangups and habits--it's just kinda awesome. 

Hmmmm.... I'm pretty sure the first time I got turned on by that kiss at 16 was the first time I realized that the feeling I felt about sneezing was exactly the same, and that that must be what arousal felt like. I didn't find the forum till I was 18 or so, so I knew for a few years that I was a bit different in what turned me on before I figured out that it was a 'fetish' and that I wasn't alone in it.  

:)

Probably when I started getting that I-have-to-go-to-the-bathroom feeling from it. I told myself stories about somebody with allergies and/or a cold starting as a child and they gave me that feeling mentioned.

14 minutes ago, blowlovinaspiegurl said:

Probably when I started getting that I-have-to-go-to-the-bathroom feeling from it. I told myself stories about somebody with allergies and/or a cold starting as a child and they gave me that feeling mentioned.

Haha, that's a great way to put it! Thanks for sharing :) 

It's totally normal for some kids to physically stimulate themselves when they are very young. This isn't usually linked to sexual feelings or sexual ideas until puberty or after - usually it is for comfort, stress relief or simply because it feels good. I myself had the tingly feelings from sneezing ( and to a lesser extent yawning and coughing) from about 6/7 years old. I would give myself 'relief' from that age too. I didn't really think of it as sexual until about 12/13. I always knew to try and hide it though - my parents caught me touching myself a couple of times and told me not to in front of people. It's that early stuff that makes me feel ok in accepting my fetish. It's not something I can help. It''s just part of me and my sexuality.

Following my own early experiences[ liking sneezing from at lest the age of 4] I long ago invented the theory that there are several stages of puberty which "normal" scholars simply do not recognize.   Despite  my early experiences, nothing prepared for me for stage two which set in at the age of nine, when everyhting  began to become obsessively interesting.

As I said on a recent post, I first remember that "wanting to go " feeling when I was about ten, in deeply sneezy circumstances I obviously can't  describe not knowing the age of those involved.   Because of the everlasting doctrine of no sexual education  at all, I had no idea what sex even was at that age, and clearly had not experienced puberty physically, though obviously  I had mentally.

I remember some years ago Shere Hite appeared on telly  and shockingly announced that young women and girls, as they seem to be called, can achieve er a  sexual peak  from 7 onwards,   What struck me was that apparently intelligent people simply refused to believe this.

So, is this multi-stage puberty something associated  only with so-called  fetishes, or perhaps universal?

12 hours ago, htkid1 said:

It's totally normal for some kids to physically stimulate themselves when they are very young. This isn't usually linked to sexual feelings or sexual ideas until puberty or after - usually it is for comfort, stress relief or simply because it feels good. I myself had the tingly feelings from sneezing ( and to a lesser extent yawning and coughing) from about 6/7 years old. I would give myself 'relief' from that age too. I didn't really think of it as sexual until about 12/13. I always knew to try and hide it though - my parents caught me touching myself a couple of times and told me not to in front of people. It's that early stuff that makes me feel ok in accepting my fetish. It's not something I can help. It''s just part of me and my sexuality.

That's exactly what I would do--thanks for the info, it makes me feel more relieved about my sexual feelings back then! I just realized though that I remember feeling the sexual stimulation at 6 without thinking of sneezing, so I think it's universal for everyone!

4 hours ago, count gracula said:

Following my own early experiences[ liking sneezing from at lest the age of 4] I long ago invented the theory that there are several stages of puberty which "normal" scholars simply do not recognize.   Despite  my early experiences, nothing prepared for me for stage two which set in at the age of nine, when everyhting  began to become obsessively interesting.

As I said on a recent post, I first remember that "wanting to go " feeling when I was about ten, in deeply sneezy circumstances I obviously can't  describe not knowing the age of those involved.   Because of the everlasting doctrine of no sexual education  at all, I had no idea what sex even was at that age, and clearly had not experienced puberty physically, though obviously  I had mentally.

I remember some years ago Shere Hite appeared on telly  and shockingly announced that young women and girls, as they seem to be called, can achieve er a  sexual peak  from 7 onwards,   What struck me was that apparently intelligent people simply refused to believe this.

So, is this multi-stage puberty something associated  only with so-called  fetishes, or perhaps universal?

That's a really well-put argument, the answer to whether it was universal or only common for fetishes is exactly what I'd like to know! I think that non-fetishists have the capability of the sexual pleasure but have no access to it whereas our access is through the fetish...it's the only time I've ever felt inclined to actually feel sexual like that. However, it makes me wonder if some culture in the world has encouraged their kids at a younger age to feel these sexual feelings in some way without having gone through puberty... I hope someone does more research on it in the future! 

We know so little about so-called fetishes in youth, except perhaps spanking, and even that is "concealed".  I suspect it is all because of the modern obsession with children being innocent.  We are told that Swinburne's taste for being caned originated at Eton, but I suspect  this is just because  everyone is obsessed with Eton.  He must have gone to other schools in earlier youth and was probably given the ruler by nuns.  The saddest spanking story I perhaps that of J J Rousseau.set out in his confessions. Indeed the whole romantic movement may be based on his desire to be spanked by noble ladies in mountain castles.  I strongly suspect that this must have started before he achieved puberty.  I will not continue this wonderful story as I am a bit worried about what we can say here.

Of course so called normal sex has been commonplace among children even to recent or present times; it was general in Victorian times.  And before.  I will only mention Justin Bieber; he has "become legal" three times.  Horrid phrase!  He turned 14 in Canada a few months before the age of consent was raised; then sadly I can't mention the other tow occasions because they involve the absolute secret that   US states have different laws.

On 11/22/2016 at 9:09 PM, rockblock706 said:

However, it makes me wonder if some culture in the world has encouraged their kids at a younger age to feel these sexual feelings in some way without having gone through puberty... I hope someone does more research on it in the future! 

In fact, such was the norm before so-called "modern" times. This link probably has more ethnological (is that the right word?) data on this than you ever could hope for:

http://www.sexarchive.info/GESUND/ARCHIV/GUS/INDEXATLAS.HTM

I feel that in modern times, people tend to confuse the fact that people pre-puberty don't have typical adult sexuality with the idea that they have NO sexuality at all!

I am regularly reminded of this by the fact that my sexuality even as an adult is still rather childlike--I feel that by being isolated from other kids as a kid, in some ways the interpersonal aspect of my sexuality never fully advanced beyond that pre-pubertal stage. So I'm very much looking for other adults who still very much approach sex from that "curious exploration" point of view, even though they have accumulated much more knowledge. Unfortunately, it's hard to even explain what I'm looking for because "normal" people don't seem to even acknowledge that this other, more innocent kind of sexuality even exists.

Thanks for the detailed info, I guess we can look at pre-puberty sexuality in more of a nuanced way than most people. It's a shame that society shuts down any sexually-linked feelings as "inappropriate" at a young age in our modern times. But at the same time, I think our acknowledgement makes us so much more unique and experienced from a young age with such matters. I myself feel that I have the "innocent" type of sexuality even though I have felt sexual feelings due to the fetish, but I consider it innocent now because of the motivations I had behind it. I feel like the fetish is something very innocent that a lot of us have felt guilty for because of our desire to see others sneeze all the time or suffer some way, but in my opinion that is more harmless than going after sex in a more serious way. They say it's the simple joys of life that count, and I know that for some of us the fetish is all that we've ever known and might ever need sexually. I'm learning to accept it now. Thanks for helping me out guys and for giving me more confidence about our misunderstood world (which is really naturally instinctive according to what everyone seems to be saying!).

I was 5. I had that tingly feeling after watching an episode of Alf!! I didn't know it was a sexual thing for a long time but I do remember feeling like it was wrong!

Well I always knew that I "liked" sneezing, meaning I simply had a fascination for it, but the sexual aspect didn't really come into play until at 13 I realized I got the same funny "feeling" that I did whenever I was around my boyfriend that I did hearing others sneeze as well

• 2 months later...

When I was little, I liked books where characters sneezed, but whenever I red them, they made me feel like I needed to go to the bathroom. I was maybe 13-15 when I got my own laptop, I started googling "sneeze stories". And well, here I am. Haha.

I remember being very little and re-reading and re-watching sneezes in books and TV over and over again. It was sort of just a fascination. It made me happy lol. I wanted more TV shows to have episodes where the characters are sick, and was confused/disappointed if a character was sick but didn't sneeze. It was a very gradual relization for me, plus I was denying it for a bit. I was reading sickfics because they were fluffy (and I actually do have a bit of a sickness fetish as well), and I started coming across ones with sneezes being spelled out. I decided I liked that. So, I started mainly reading those, in sneeze fetish places. Thinking, "They like sneezing?... Weirdos. I'm just here for the fluffy sickfics." Yeah, right, self. Denied it for a while before realizing the need-to-go-to-the-bathroom feeling and also realizing I thought sneezefics were hot sometimes.