Sneeze Fetish Forum

'Worrying just means you suffer twice' - Fantastic Beasts COMPLETE 4/4

Salamander

On 11/26/2016 at 3:52 PM, groundcontrol said:

It's all so well written and I love the darker undertones of his guilt over Credence, as they round the story out quite nicely. I love it!

Thanks @groundcontrol :) I think he needs time to process, one doesn't just forget about these things and move on, you know?

On 11/26/2016 at 5:22 PM, IcyFlame said:

I am going to cry when this is over because it is so well written! Forgive me, I'm on mobile because my computer is being fixed so it either won't let me quote seperately or I can't figure it out, so I just kinda quoted it all and numbered the parts. 

1. Oh my god. I love this part because Newt is just so empathetic, especially towards his animals, and it really shines through in this passage.

2. This is precious! Working full on for 2 entire days, then coming home and not having time to worry about himself because his animals

3. This is such a Newt thing to do. 

4. Poor baby! ;-;

5. And the animals come to comfort him!!!! 

6. I am officially slayed. I am dead

For real, this is really good. 

You are SO sweet numbering the parts, thanks for taking the time to leave lovely feedback @IcyFlame xxx

16 hours ago, Melody said:

So I saw that you wrote this Salamander and I went to go watch it today and came straight here because I knew if you wrote it, it would be an amazing fic. This is so incredibly spot on to everything in the movie, I am shocked. Seriously it's so so so good. I love this. I love your writing. Just damn you must continue!!!! 

Flattered! Damn!

15 hours ago, Watercolor Daydreams said:

also my favorite part is probably the fact that he says "oh dear" when he feels like sneezing, ohh my heart that is too cute 

Yup, me too! I've only seen the film once so I can't remember if he actually says this at some point, but he definitely says "so sorry" multiple times so it seems like the kind of thing he would say. I like "dear me" too. And I just remembered he says "just a smidge" in the film, which is super cute and definitely needs using.

On 11/26/2016 at 5:36 PM, Dusty15 said:

AHHH! I knew we were kindred spirits, Salamander, and this continues to prove it! :P As soon as she'd seen the movie, @Spoo messaged me and insisted that I'd want to write a fic when I'd seen it. I saw it and I definitely did want to write some fic (and likely will soon!). 

You've captured these characters beautifully, especially Newt's awkward and gentle nature. The same goes for Tina! I LOVE him finding comfort amongst his creatures and getting a cuddle from the bird and the niftier. TOO CUTE <3

I can't wait for the last bit <3

Yup, still on the same page @Dusty15 <3 Tina is kind of awkward in her own way, but I dig it. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's part three, back to present day and plotless fluff. There's actually going to be a fourth part because IM NOT FINISHED AHAAAAAAA

Iii.

No one in the apartment got a lot of sleep that night.

Newt slept fretfully, surfacing to wakefulness as he see-sawed between hot and cold. He drew the covers to himself, kicked them off and then shivered again. His nose was too blocked to breathe through and his chest crackled when he breathed more deeply. Worse, he was unsure where he was and kept opening his eyes in the half light and expecting to see Jacob in the bed across from him.

Across the hallway, Tina woke every time she heard Newt coughing. The sound made her ball her hands into fists with the desire to make it better, but she didn't want to intrude. He was clearly a private and solitary man.

In the room beside Tina's, Queenie Goldstein was prodded from sleep first by the sound of Newt and then by the loud, concerned thoughts of her sister.

“Teenie,” she called out,“can you quit thinking so hard? You're keeping me awake.”

Tina rose from her bed and came to Queenie's room to reply to her. “Shh, you'll wake Newt.”

The blonde sat up in bed and fixed Tina with her large blue eyes. “He ain't sleeping. Not well. Why don't you go see if he needs anything?”

“I...”

Queenie sighed. “He's not sleeping well because he's sick, you're not sleeping well because you're worried about him and I'm not sleeping well because your thoughts won't quit. Why don't you go sit with him for a bit and maybe we'll all get some rest.”

Tina squirmed. She wanted to, but she didn't know what to say.

Her sister fixed her with her large, blue eyes. “You go see him or I will.”

“Dammit Queenie!”

Tina took a detour to grab her robe and slippers. She hovered for a moment in the hallway then pushed open the door and slipped inside.

Newt woke slowly. His head felt thick and clogged. His throat was burning. He had been dreaming-

-down in the station, facing the obscurus. Credence's face emerged out of the mass, eyes begging Newt to do something and he had been too slow-

It was a relief to surface from the dream, even if what greeted him on waking was a fit of coughing that made the bedframe shake and a needling tickle start high in his nose.

There wasn't time to grab a handkerchief and Newt just bucked forward, smothering his face in the mattress.

“huh—'PDsch!”

The sensation wasn't gone but that cleared his head enough for him to sit up.

“Gesundheit.”

That was Tina's voice. She was sitting opposite, dressed in her work clothes down to sensible low-heeled shoes. A magical newspaper lay open on her lap and two cups of coffee steamed on table between the beds.

Newt blinked at her, pieced together where was and smiled. He pushed his curls out of his face and cleared his throat.

“Tina- hello.”

“Hello yourself. How are you doing?”

“Fine, fine, not to worry.” Newt blustered. He kicked the covers off, started to rise and sat back down sharply.

“Newt-?”

He managed a sheepish smile. “On second thoughts I feel absolutely dreadful.”

“Oh Newt.” Tina sighed. “I'm not surprised.”

Something passed between them. Her gaze was warm, warmer than he'd seen it, and Newt felt an unforseen impulse to rest his head on her shoulder.

This was rudely interrupted when Queenie breezed into the room.

“How is everyone this morning?”

She was wearing a sleek silk shirt with a string of pearls, audaciously glamorous pumps and a guileless smile.

Newt quickly flipped the covers over his pyjama clad legs and seemed to sink beneath them. If he could have tugged the blankets over his head he would have done.

There was no drawing attention away from himself because the need to sneeze surfaced again. He waved a hand in warning, “Hang on-- huh---” The next moment he was hiding his face in the crook of his shoulder and sneezing.

“'uPDsch! Hp'TSch! Huh'PSch!...ugh, I beg your pardon.”

Queenie winced sympathetically. “That good, huh, honey?” She went as far as to conjure two handkerchiefs out of a nearby drawer before approaching the bed. She actually ruffled his copper coloured hair and planted a kiss on the top of his head before he could flinch away.

Then she looked at Tina expectantly.

“You all ready to go?”

Tina frowned. Looked at her sister, looked at Newt, looked at her sister -

“I'm not going to work today.”

Queenie clapped her hands in approval. “Could you be any more of a rebel?” She exclaimed, and as an aside to Newt, “She must like you, she hasn't taken any time off since she's gotten the auror job back.” To Tina she said, “Shall I tell them you're sick?”

“Tell them whatever you like.”

To tell the truth, it was a relief to Tina when her sister left. Queenie was probably a better nurse than Tina was, but she could also be a little overwhelming. It was more comfortable without someone who could read her thoughts and would take peeps to see if she could read Newt's too. Not that he was hard to read at the moment. Whether he knew it or not, what that man wanted was a hot drink and some more sleep.

“I'm so sorry to inconvenience you, really. You really don't have to stay home, you should go if the Ministry needs you, I can-”

“Shush.” She managed the clipped tone he remembered from their first few meetings and Newt dutifully shushed.

It was hard to be taken seriously when he really, really had to blow his nose. As he did so Tina cornered him on the edge of the bed and touched her wand to his forehead. A few gold sparks slid out. She tried again then shook her head.

“I didn't learn those kind of spells. Queenie was always the one for that side of things. Here, let me just...”

Instead she checked his temperature with hands cupped on either side of his face. They felt so cool that Newt actually closed his eyes, leaning in to her like one his creatures.

“Do you feel feverish?” She asked.

He sighed. “Yes.”

“Do you think you could go back to sleep?”

“Yes but,” he hovered a hand in front of his nose and was already turning away from her as he tried to make his point. “I don't have to- h'PTtch!- pardon- I need to see my -ha-PTsch!- creatures and the new Occamy eggs with hatch any- any- a'Tschuh!

At that point he gave up speech, accepted the clean handkerchief Tina passed to him and allowed himself to sneeze.

“Are you done?” Tina asked teasingly when the fit was finished.

“Yes.” Then a frantic shake of his head, “No - a'TSCHuh!- dear me. So sorry.”

“Don't be. Look, your coffee has gone cold. Here.” With a wave of her wand the cold cup of coffee became a hot cup of tea with a jug of milk beside it. “Better?”

Newt might have fallen in love with her then, if he hadn't already.

“I'm going to go read some reports in the kitchen and I'll mix some more Pepper-up. That first dose didn't seem to do anything for you, did it? You're going to try and go back to sleep. I'll wake you up for lunch, alright?”

“Alright.”

Newt heard an Auror's sternness in her voice and obediently lay back down. It did feel good. A little sunlight streamed in from the net curtains behind him and lit the tassels hanging from the table lamp. He drew the sheets up over his head and closed his eyes.

Fantastic-Beasts-and-Where-to-Find-Them.jpg

6 minutes ago, Salamander said:

Instead she checked his temperature with hands cupped on either side of his face. They felt so cool that Newt actually closed his eyes, leaning in to her like one his creatures.

“Do you feel feverish?” She asked.

He sighed. “Yes.”

8 minutes ago, Salamander said:

Newt quickly flipped the covers over his pyjama clad legs and seemed to sink beneath them. If he could have tugged the blankets over his head he would have done.

There was no drawing attention away from himself because the need to sneeze surfaced again. He waved a hand in warning, “Hang on-- huh---” The next moment he was hiding his face in the crook of his shoulder and sneezing.

*sigh* Could he be any more adorable?!

I love the fact that Tina clearly spent half the night up at his bedside, left to get dressed for work, and the resumed her post, but Newt doesn't remember any of it. 

Ill be honest and admit that I haven't seen the movie yet, but MAN I adore your writing and it's not hard to follow the story (and I loooooove spoilers :P ). 

This is so incredibly well written and you seem to have Newt perfectly down despite him being a relatively new character.  

I have nothing but praise and love for this. 

:heart:

I don't even have words to express how great this is. Newt is adorable. The story is amazing.

...is shat I had typed before and I was sure I had alsl posted that comment. Apparently I hadn't. Oh well. The new chapter is very, very nice :heart:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Why is this so precious!!!?

I can't wait for the 4th part!!! I'm so glad you decided to extend this to four parts.

Eeeeekk!!!!! *Happy squeeling* I've been avoiding this fic since you posted it because I had to wait until I got home for Thanksgiving to see the movie with the family and then I had to ignore it more because of school and work and I FINALLY got to read it all. 

I'm just a puddle of happy goo on the floor this is so well written and great! I :)

Gosh I don't even know where to start... I feel like everyone else has already covered everything I would have to say.  I've been pretty detached from the HP fandom for a while now but damn that movie has pulled me back in.  I love your writing style and how well you nailed Newt's mannerisms.  Can't wait to read the last part! 

On 11/27/2016 at 11:10 PM, Dusty15 said:

*sigh* Could he be any more adorable?!

I love the fact that Tina clearly spent half the night up at his bedside, left to get dressed for work, and the resumed her post, but Newt doesn't remember any of it. 

I know!!!! She's so sensible and Newt is so hapless and adorable. 

I'm also enjoying writing Queenie so much, she's so upfront and honest (guess you have to be when you read minds!) and a pleasure to mix with awkward, reticent Newt. More Queenie in this part.

Here's the final part. Wheeeeee!

Part 4-

Newt Scamander awoke and realized he hadn't fed his creatures.

The realization came to him quite suddenly. The floor was painted with long, low beams of light from a sun that was far past midday.

When he sat up his head swam. It was worse when he rose to standing; the cold air assaulted him like something physical and sent shivers coursing over his limbs. He found his coat on the back of a chair and tugged it over his pyjamas, shoved his feet into his shoes and opened the suitcase, though as an afterthought he did grab a clean handkerchief from the bedside table and tucked it into his pocket.

Climbing down the ladder was difficult for some reason. He felt dizzy and unreasonably tired, so tired it was difficult to think. That was no reason not to get to work since most of the basic care of the creatures was automatic by now. His hands and wand found supplies and organized supplies and he began his rounds.

“Newt!”

Someone calling his name. The sound was quite faint across the magical distance but he lifted his head.

“Newt Scamander? Sweet Mercy Lewis, are you down in that suitcase?”

Yes, that was Tina.

“I'm here.” He called up.

She came through the door, embraced him and then held him out at arm's length for inspection. He averted his eyes further from her than usual, aware that he must look a state.

Tina Goldstein pressed the back of her hand to his cheek and gave an exasperated sigh that puffed her cheeks out. His fever was up again, as high as it had been the night before. He couldn't seem to shake this thing, whatever it was.

She started a few different sentences in her mind, opened her lips to scold him and then shook her head minutely. “Is there any point in telling you to come back to bed?”

He grinned, glad she'd understood. “No.”

“I thought not. Will you at least let me help?”

Newt seemed to think about it, hazel eyes gazing off and unfocused.

“What?” Tina said impatiently.

Next thing the man was hovering a freckled hand vaguely in front of his face and his nose had flushed a darker pink, making the source of his hesitation clear. “Oh dear-” He breathed.

Newt wet his lips, shyly tried to turn from her and was bent double by a heavy sneeze before he could manage it. Tina laid a hand on his back and felt his slender form jack-knife under her fingers.

“a'PSCHuh!” The man stayed bent over for a long second “'GSCHiu!”

It was hard to believe that so emphatic a sound could come from the soft-spoken Newt Scamander, but evidently it had.

“Are you ok?” Tina asked; his eyes were bleary and misfocused. Newt passed a hand over his face and nodded.

“Just a little light headed. Let's start taking these around to the Fwoopers, then I'll see if the Graphorn enclosure needs shoring up and we can-”

“Newt-” The woman put herself between Newt and the door to get his attention.

It was his turn to ask innocently, “what?”

“I'm worried about you.” Tina finished.

Newt shrugged and she let him move past her and towards his precious creatures.

“Don't worry. I always say worrying just makes you suffer- h'PSCH!- twice.”

As if once isn't enough, you wonderful, ridiculous man- Tina thought, and followed.

It was always wonderful to watch Newt with his creatures. Even, or perhaps especially when he was under the weather, he approached them with a tenderness which was palpable. Tina did her share of watering, handing out meals and applying some medicinal charms to the more peaceable creatures. She also did her share of watching over Newt. He managed surprisingly well for someone with a raging temperature but he was unsteady on his feet.

They finished the last of the medicine and arrived back at the shed where they had started. There had been a surprising amount to do. Newt rested for a moment on a bench underneath a tangle of plants and Tina perched beside him.

She asked, “Do you really do all this every day? By yourself?”

“Yes.” Newt nodded. “Some things can be done remotely by magic but it's just not the same as doing it in person. They need to see a familiar face.”

The face in question was pale as milk with the exception of two spots of colour high on his cheekbones and one where his chapped lower lip had cracked. Newt leaned on the arm of the bench to steady himself. “I'm quite dizzy,” he said, as though making an observation about the weather “But we're nearly finished. I'll just go and see Frank.”

He gestured towards the back corner of the enclosures.“Stay back. He doesn't like strangers.”

“Newt-” Tina caught his arm before he could rise.

“I promise I'll go to bed as soon as I've seen Frank. He gets lonely.” He told her seriously. Just the thought of visiting the thunderbird seemed to make him feel better. The fever lit his eyes but it was a glassy, over-focused look that Tina didn't much like.

Tina didn't want to break the news, but he would work it out soon enough.

“Newt- Frank's gone. You let him go. Remember?”

The moment she said it, Newt remembered completely and his head was by cleared a wave of sadness. It rose in his throat and blossomed behind his eyes, joining with the heat of illness in a tide of quiet misery. His hands hid his face.

“Frank's gone.” His voice wavered and Tina put her arms around his shoulders. They shook minutely under her touch.

Newt was very still for a moment.

He wiped a tear away with one knuckle and tried to smile even though his mouth was quivering. “I- Frank's gone back where he belongs. I did it. I set him free.”

“You did.” Tina said comfortingly. “He's probably very happy.”

Newt nodded. Swallowed. “Yes.”

“You miss him, don't you?”

“Every day.”

There was a pause during which Newt blew his nose and rubbed his hands distractedly over his eyes, trying and failing to clear his head. He slumped against her until his head was nuzzled in her shoulder and she let him, gladly. Tina felt as though she had swallowed something hot and warm. It was entirely inappropriate to swell with joy when the source of her joy was so miserable, but it sang through her regardless. She pressed her cheek against the top of his head and felt the warmth there.

“I feel dreadful,” he murmured into her shoulder.

“I know. Will you come to bed now?”

She didn't wait for him to nod but apparated them both up the ladder and into her apartment.

It was dark when Queenie Goldstein came home from the Ministry and heavy sleet lashed the streets of New York. Her magically enhanced umbrella kept much of it off but she was still glad to get inside. The apartment was very quiet. The lights in the parlour were off but a beam of gold showed under the door to the bedroom and she gave it a tentative knock before pushing it open.

The table lamp in here was on but the curtains weren't drawn. Newt was lying in much the same position she had left him in this morning... but her sister was lying on top of the covers of the same bed. She was in a half-sitting position that let him rest his head against the crook of her shoulder. He held a balled up hankie in one loose fist and Pickett the bowtruckle reclined in the other.

Newt himself didn't stir but Tina opened her eyes and lifted her head. She put her finger to her lips and thought at Queenie, Don't you dare wake him, he needs his sleep.

“I won't.” Queenie mouthed back. She sat at the foot of the bed and looked closely at the man who had fallen asleep in her sister's arms. “How is he?”

Tina see-sawed a hand to indicate so-so. Not so good. With care she shrugged the man to the mattress and sat up properly. Newt barely twitched.

He had been crying in his sleep. Tear tracks streaked his freckled cheeks and his eyes were swollen.

“Poor baby. He looks awful!” Queenie tutted. She again touched Newt's forehead with her wand and wasn't surprised at the number that curled out. Lower, not dangerous, just enough to make him exhausted.

“Can you teach me how to do that?” Tina asked.

“Sure honey.” Queenie nodded. “I think you're gonna find it useful for a day or two.”

“Yeah. Can you make a better fever reducer? The standard one barely touched it.”

“Sure I can. I'm gonna do that now and leave you to it.”

Queenie managed to keep a smile off her face until she exited the bedroom. When she was sure noone could see, she punched the air and allowed herself a grin. The way they held each other. She knew it.

The huge, beautiful bird flew up into the sky of New York and the storm began. The clouds roiled and the thunder was loud enough for Newt to feel it in his bones, in his head and his raw throat. Frank flew away without a real goodbye. It wasn't how Newt had imagined it. He had wanted to cast protective charms on the bird, to nestle his head into the feathers one more time and tell him to be careful. Now he was gone and Newt couldn't-

-Credence- the Obscurus that was Credence exploded around them- Newt tried to reach out- he could help, but the ministry had-

-Frank was gone. Credence was gone-

It was hard to keep Newt Scamander in bed.

Tina was alerted from the living room. Newt was awake (again) and she could hear him moving around (again.) She put down the file she was writing up and headed back to the bedroom to find the suitcase open on the floor and Newt nowhere to be seen.

Honestly. That man.

She climbed down after him, half-expecting to find him passed out at the bottom of the ladder. Instead she head a sound that couldn't be any other creature- coughs, the mumble of Newt apologizing and blowing his nose. It was close by. It took Tina only a minute to see that he was coming from behind a little curtain in the corner of the shed.

She pulled back the fabric to see exactly what she expected- Newt Scamander sitting on a metal camp-bed, still in his pyjamas, with an expression that was guilty and also kind of ... ticklish.

hh- hh'Ptsh!

He sneezed politely into the crook of his shoulder, managed, “I beg your pardon-” and then repeated the action again with increasing desperation. As soon as he had finished a familiar chattering noise indicated the Pickett was none too pleased by having his adopted “tree” shaken with such force.

“Pickett thinks I'm broken.” Newt said, by way of explanation. “Look Pickett, it's Tina.”

His colour was a little better at least and he was smiling.

She sat beside him and held out a hand, allowing the bowtruckle to climb onto her fingers. He kept his leafy head directed at Newt, but this was something of a complement.

“Are you really ok down here?” Tina asked. “You should be resting.”

“I am resting.”

“Really?”

“Truly.” Newt gestured to the camp bed where the sheets were turned back and still held the impression of his body.

As Tina stared, the sheets moved. Fractionally at first and then with vigour, the blanket near the foot of the bed crested like a wave and a familiar pink snout appeared. A moment later, Newt's niffler emerged and made a curious sound as though asking where it's source of warmth had gone.

There were more sounds too. A soft hissing underneath the frame of the bed intensified as the faces of not one or two but all of the baby Occamys peered out, blinking their gem-like eyes. Newt held out a hand and one of them coiled into it.

“Is- is there anyone else in there I should know about?” Tina asked.

Newt considered, wiping his pink nose. “Only Dougal but you can't see him and he predicts the future enough to move before you roll over, so I don't know if he counts.”

Tina had to laugh. “I guess not. How are you feeling?”

The man on the bed shrugged. “Fine. Better. Thank you. I'm really so sorry to bother-”

“You're not a bother.” Tina said firmly. “You still don't sound good. Would you like some tea?”

“That would be lovely.”

The man seemed to run out of energy then and lowered himself back onto the bed. Tina made tea with her wand but half her attention was on looking around the cluttered shed. There were notes and drawings pinned to the walls including a world map so cluttered with coloured pins that the continents were obscured. The room smelled slightly of hay, old wood and tar, like the hardware store of her childhood. Newt seemed happier here, more relaxed than he had been in her apartment. Even his breathing seemed easier and he was more willing to lie down.

Her eye was caught by an unlikely cluster of objects by the side of the bed. Beside a neatly folded handkerchief and a tin cup of water there lay a feather the length of her forearm. Light seemed to play along the edge of it, catching the mottled patterns in tan and gold. Next to that there was a scrap of black fabric. Tina had seen that somewhere before, it reminded her of... as she watched, Newt reached down, gathered up the scrap of Credence's jacket and tucked it into his pyjama pocket. He touched feather with one fingertip and the light seemed to gather to him, bathing his face.

It seemed Newt Scamander didn't forgive himself lightly and neither did he forget old friends.

She would worry about him, but what was it that had Newt said?

Worrying just makes you suffer twice.

Tina could do with a respite from suffering and now was a good time to start.

THE END.  

2 hours ago, Salamander said:

He slumped against her until his head was nuzzled in her shoulder and she let him, gladly. Tina felt as though she had swallowed something hot and warm. It was entirely inappropriate to swell with joy when the source of her joy was so miserable, but it sang through her regardless. She pressed her cheek against the top of his head and felt the warmth there.

“I feel dreadful,” he murmured into her shoulder.

“I know. Will you come to bed now?”

GUHHHH :wub: They are so adorable together! This is just the sweetest moment ever and sums up that feeling we all know so well... "I'm sorry you're miserable but I'm loving this!" :lol: 

I love the end bit with Newt down in his case in the camp cot with all his creatures nearby. The bit about Dougal was a brilliant touch :)

I've been checking this forum every day throughout the day, sometimes hourly, for each update and am sooooo in love with the entire thing! And that Queenie OMG LOL!!! Tina and Newt are just adorable and awkward together, I'm just a puddle of goo! 

OOOOOOOOhhhhh!!! I finally saw the movie last week-end and this is the perfect continuation! The two of them were adorable and your Newt is so in character! Thank you for sharing!

12 hours ago, Salamander said:

Next thing the man was hovering a freckled hand vaguely in front of his face and his nose had flushed a darker pink, making the source of his hesitation clear. “Oh dear-” He breathed.

Newt wet his lips, shyly tried to turn from her and was bent double by a heavy sneeze before he could manage it. Tina laid a hand on his back and felt his slender form jack-knife under her fingers.

“a'PSCHuh!” The man stayed bent over for a long second “'GSCHiu!”

It was hard to believe that so emphatic a sound could come from the soft-spoken Newt Scamander, but evidently it had

I am melting. This is adorable. I have been eagerly awaiting new updates and I'm so glad you finished this! What a wonderful little story. Thank you so much.

On 12/8/2016 at 4:11 AM, snuffles said:

I've been checking this forum every day throughout the day, sometimes hourly, for each update and am sooooo in love with the entire thing! And that Queenie OMG LOL!!! Tina and Newt are just adorable and awkward together, I'm just a puddle of goo! 

That's like the best compliment ever. *swoons*

I want to write more Newt, someone give me a plot bunny?

5 hours ago, Salamander said:

I want to write more Newt, someone give me a plot bunny?

I mean, there's the inevitable "he's terribly allergic to either a new beast or the environment in which he finds one..." trope :P

Archived