Sneeze Fetish Forum

The Ebb and Flow of the Fetish

tenderwarrior

Hey, everyone! *waves* 

I'm not nearly on here as much as I used to be but I just have to talk about this topic that I'm sure has been talked about in the past. I've noticed that my fetish ebbs and flows. Sometimes I'm totally fine with not reading sneeze fic or listening to youtube videos for months while I can spend an hour listening to videos alone. And I don't know, does this happen to any of you? It's like... when I'm at the point where I'm listening to videos and reading fic every day, it's like an itch I can't scratch. I always want more, more, more. I think I'm only bringing this up because my fetish used to be pretty constant and mild. Maybe this ebb and flow is stress-related from uni? I have no idea. I just would like to know that there's other people with this sorta, kinda dilemma. 

*nods* This sounds very familiar, boston. There are times I can't get enough of reading (and writing) cold stories and other times when I'm not so much intersted in that stuff. Some tendencies are...

• My interest seems to be stronger during the colder seasons. (Maybe because of all the *triggers* in RL then?)
  • My interest abates when someone in my family gets sick - and can vanish completely when this sickness has bad consequences (something like that happened last spring. After that, I couldn't endure any fetish stuff for quite a long time. Only one or two months ago I started to feel something special about those stories again...)

While it doesn't seem that my fetish ebbs and flows, even as I battle anxiety and depression, I notice the ebb and flow in some of my friends I've met through SFF. It just always feels like I can't get enough! 

I really feel like my interest in sneezes and sneeze related material comes in waves. When it hits properly I'm happy to just drown myself in it completely, willingly, and it's like wave after wave and I can't get enough. Other times, I'm happy to just take a walk on the beach and look at how happy the waves make other people (I may occasionally stick my toe in to test the waters, but I stay on shore ;)). What I'm trying to say with this silly little analogy is that even when my fetish is at its lowest point I still check the forum daily, try to keep up with stories and happenings. I don't comment or fangirl as much and I don't write much in those times but I'm still here, patiently awaiting the return of the waves ;) 

I think it's a fairly common phenomenon and I have heard several members voice a similar query (including myself). I do find that as I have got older, there definitely does seem to be a cycle by which sneezing is at times considerably more important in my life than at others... however, the constant for me is that it always does come back :D I think that sneezing (if experienced as a sexual fetish) is very closely tied to sex drive, which tends to go up and down according to hormonal cycles in both males and females. 

4 hours ago, greetingsfromboston said:

Maybe this ebb and flow is stress-related from uni?

I feel like this might be a factor, at least for me! Often when I've got exams or deadlines coming up, I lose a lot of my interest in the fetish. I think maybe it's because there's so much I'm trying to concentrate on and I'm usually so stressed, I just don't have the mental/emotional capacity to deal with really being into anything else? :lol:

The ebb and flow also happens for me, for a couple of distinct reasons. I used to think about it a lot more, but it's been on a decline for the past year/six months or so and the majority of the time it's pretty neutral territory for me. Feeling anxious or depressed or, like others have said, being stressed tends to kill it entirely, but I've also noticed that there are two distinctly separate "high points" that I experience when I am thinking about the fetish more often.

One is when I'm interested in consuming content - this is when I'm most interested in reading fics, and actively seek them out rather than idly scrolling through. The other is when I'm primarily interested in creating content - so when I write fics and make wavs. I'm in this phase right now, and it's interesting because it's not something I enjoy on a sexual level - I'm not into my own at all, I never post the wavs anywhere or listen back to them myself, and I rarely even post fics - but sometimes I'm just in the mood to make content instead of consume it. Idk, it's weird that it comes in such distinct aspects and the two never coincide. 

Edited by bangbang
who understands formatting? not me that's for sure

I, too, experience the ebb and flow. I have noticed that if I have gotten more interested in other kinks of mine that I am much more likely to be disinterested in sneezing and hurt/comfort. The interest piques at random, and fades away just as sporadically. I feel that some of it may just be the need to take a break from it to help keep the interest fresh. In your case, though, Boston, I feel that stress may be a factor, as well.

I definitely experience that too. I find my interest in the fetish (in seeking sneezing media like vids, audio, stories, etc.) and my enjoyment of overhearing sneezes in my daily life ebbs and flows, as you say, in direct correlation with my libido. When the libido is high, I want it and I relish in it. When libido is low, I get less enjoyment from sneezes I overhear and don't seek sneeze media as much. I much prefer the high-times!

I feel this way too sometimes, except mine can almost disappear completely. I probably only seriously browse for fetish content once every two weeks. Most of the time I am fine with regular (fan)fiction and err... videos. It does always come rushing back when I am seeing someone, so I guess I just get bored of sneezes over social media.

On December 4, 2016 at 0:50 PM, NoV said:

I think that sneezing (if experienced as a sexual fetish) is very closely tied to sex drive, which tends to go up and down according to hormonal cycles in both males and females. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2016 at 9:17 PM, TwinklingStars053 said:
On 12/5/2016 at 5:50 AM, NoV said:

I think that sneezing (if experienced as a sexual fetish) is very closely tied to sex drive, which tends to go up and down according to hormonal cycles in both males and females. 

This explains what the fetish is like for me perfectly.

Generally my fetish is very mild - I still appreciate sneezes if i see or hear one, but it's kind of like "cool" and then i wont think anything more of it. 

But usually there will be one week every month where I'm like :hyper: and I totally binge on wavs and videos and get really into it haha. Definitely hormone related. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

After thinking it over, another reason (for me) might be oversaturation. Like - if I come back here after some time of absence, I dive into the stories - read a lot, love them, write comments, can't get enough - well... for a certain period of time at least. After that time - may it be days, weeks or months - I don't feel the same excitement anymore; even if the stories I read then are not worse than the ones I read before. I'm just replete; sometimes overly so. And a bit of distance isn't the worst idea in this situation... ;)

I really loved reading all your comments. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with this "issue" even though it's not even an issue! But yeah, I think sex drive and stress have to do with it. I'm glad I'm not alone!!

• 5 weeks later...

I actually just tracked this topic down to echo the hormone thing.  Like sometimes I'm like "Why yes, sneezing. Lovely thing isn't it?" And then there's this one week my body goes "Look up all the stuff!  Stay up until 3 am thinking about sneeze fantasies!  Oh, you didn't think you were into this one thing? WELL GUESS WHAT PAL? You are so super into it right now.  Yeah, you go look that up right now.  Until 3am.  There's a good girl."  Seriously hormones are just weird.

I forget about it for a long time and then something little will remind me, like someone attractive coming to work with a cold and then I get sucked into fantasies for a long time.  My boyfriend had a terrible case of the flu once and he was such a mean bastard that he totally put me off all sneezes, coughs, and fantasies of care taking for almost a year.