Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sickness Preferences?

Seniorstatus14

I didn't really know whether to put this in general discussion or not, I debated on it for a while and then since it didn't have anything to do with sneezing decided to put it here (if it's in the wrong place can someone please move it?)

I was just wondering if you have any preferences as to when you're sick? Like for example do you prefer to sleep in your bed or on the sofa? Is there a food or drink you hate when you're healthy but love when you're sick? Netflix binging or the same movie for hours on end? Any other things that are an absolute must when you aren't feeling well?

I can honestly say that I don't have any particular preference when I'm sick. I just deal with it until its over. I do enjoy sleeping a lot if that counts?

For me, it's camping out on the couch, definitely Netflix, and lots of tea with lemon and honey. I'll spend lots of time in a hot shower to help break up the congestion. For some reason, ramen noodle soup seems to really help my sore throat more than any other soup. And if I don't have tissues with lotion in them, my nose gets red and irritated rather quickly. I'll also use Vicks vapo rub if I'm too congested to sleep, which tends to happen with most of my colds. 

Nope. I like the idea of eating soup when I have a cold, but when I indeed have a cold/flu, I don't want anything but for it to go away. :lol: 

Also, I want to be alone. I mean, I always prefer not being around other people, but when I'm sick I don't even want my cats around me. I want to be left completely alone and not having to hear or see other living creatures until I'm well again. I am the same with anxiety/panic attacks and grief, actually. I withdraw into myself, and I cannot understand people who grieve together and take care of each other. I guess I don't want others physically near me when I have my guard down.

Okay, let's see. I drink lots of tea when I'm sick. But I do that anyway. I eat soup or even just plain vegetable broth a lot, too. But again, I do that even when I'm not sick. :lol:

Oh, but there's my sick sweatshirt. Once, when I was really horribly ill when I was 15 (I swear, it's the worst I've ever been), I wore it for days until I was better. Ever since, it's been my sick sweatshirt. It's really wide and comfortable, so I just like to put it on when I have a fever and I'm cold, and sleep in it. And I don't ever wear it when I'm healthy. (So if anybody knew me well enough, this would actually be my biggest tell for being sick, I guess. :laugh: )

1 hour ago, Sophie<3 said:

Okay, let's see. I drink lots of tea when I'm sick. But I do that anyway. I eat soup or even just plain vegetable broth a lot, too. But again, I do that even when I'm not sick. :lol:

Oh, but there's my sick sweatshirt. Once, when I was really horribly ill when I was 15 (I swear, it's the worst I've ever been), I wore it for days until I was better. Ever since, it's been my sick sweatshirt. It's really wide and comfortable, so I just like to put it on when I have a fever and I'm cold, and sleep in it. And I don't ever wear it when I'm healthy. (So if anybody knew me well enough, this would actually be my biggest tell for being sick, I guess. :laugh: )

Oh my gosh! I do that with my mom's old sweatshirt! She got it when her and my dad were first married so it doesn't really fit her anymore and I took it with me to college and ever since then I wear it whenever I'm sick. I guess it's a comfort thing, but I always thought it was weird that that's what I put over all my clothes when I don't feel well. 

I eat soup and drink sprite when I'm sick and normally I hate sprite and only eat soup if I'm too tired to actually eat real food. I like to sleep on the couch when I'm sick if I can make it that far and I'm alone in the house and if I do that then I netflix binge, but if I'm stuck in my bed I usually watch the same movies for hours on end until I have the energy to move. 

I definitely have a couple of particular things when I'm sick.  

I wear a hoodie I've had since I was 14.  It used to be my favorite, but it's SO ratty I don't really wear it anymore unless I don't feel well.  I call it my comfort hoodie.  Lol the ends of the sleeves are all tattered and ripped, and there's a few little holes in it, and it's super faded.  Oh, and the zipper pull is completely gone, so it's very hard to zip.  Haha! But I will never get rid of that thing.  It's just super comforting to me.  I'll even wear it if I had a very bad day.  Only around the house though.  I did venture out in public wearing it when I was sick about a month ago and it was somewhat embarrassing.  No one else probably noticed/cared but it's definitely not in good enough shape to be warn outside of the house in my opinion.  Haha! But then again, I was running a pretty high fever and was only at the doctor's office so I surely didn't notice or pay attention at the time.  

I also like to wear a specific pear of pajama pants that I've had since 8th grade.  Usually I have to dig to the bottom of my drawer to find them!

I like to use a special blanket too.  Not necessarily a special blanket, just a really warm blanket of my choosing when I begin to feel ill, and I will have that same one practically attached to me for the entirety of my illness.  Last time, it was a fleece Hello Kitty blanket.  

I also like classic chicken noodle soup when I'm sick, and don't particularly care for it otherwise.  Although, I have been eating it a lot more lately, just because I've been really busy and it's easy to heat in the microwave.  

I lock myself in my room, binge watch supernatural, teen wolf, or the legend of kora, you know the classics. And pretty much eat my own weight.

Huh....Arty doesn't do much which she should. Though i drink tea even more than I already do.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:58 AM, Chanel_no5 said:

I want to be left completely alone and not having to hear or see other living creatures until I'm well again. I am the same with anxiety/panic attacks and grief, actually. I withdraw into myself, and I cannot understand people who grieve together and take care of each other. I guess I don't want others physically near me when I have my guard down.

This is very much how I am too, and I'm also the same way with anxiety and grief. And I agree, a lot of that is a fear of allowing other people to see me with my guard down. But for me, I think it's also that I've just grown so accustomed to working things through on my own, in my own head, and having other people "interfering" with that process against my wishes really throws me for a loop, and I don't quite know how to handle it. (And not knowing how I'm going to handle it terrifies me even more.)

But getting back on subject- when I'm sick, I usually just try to trudge through my day, if I can. If I'm sick enough to actually need to lay down, I like to rot away my bed, lights out, doors closed, and I want everyone else to just go away and leave me alone.  I've even made my husband sleep on the couch before. :lol: Like, I'm not kidding, I don't want to be touched, talked to or looked at until I'm feeling back up to it.

One exception: I will come out for some good old-fashioned canned chicken noodle soup when I'm sick. And Sprite. Popsicles are nice, too. (Twin pops are the best, because that's what I used to eat when I was a kid :thumbsup2:)

Chicken soup, cough drops, tissues, cold medicine, and warm clothes are all I need. Sometimes I like to wear a scarf, especially if I have to go out.