Sneeze Fetish Forum

Breathe (SPN, Dean)

MissBayliss

Okay, clearly I'm going crazy with these prompts. I was feeling stuck in a rut with my epic fics... needed to mix it up. Sorry for the spam. *hides* 

Breathe

Violent hacking coughs stirred Sam from sleep for about the forth time that night. He looked at the motel alarm clock, the red numbers telling him it was well past 3 in the morning. Sam sighed and tightened his grip on his pillow as the coughing stopped, paused, and then started again. 
Deeean…” he groaned, pushing his palm to his ear.
“Sorry –“ talking made Dean cough even more and Sam was pretty sure if he coughed any harder his lung would collapse. 
Stop. Coughing.”
Sam didn’t mean to be mean… Well, maybe he did. There was only so much being kept awake someone’s body could take. This was the third night Sam had had broken sleep, amounting to all of a few hours, because of his brother’s sickness. And, yes, he felt bad. But he was also just really sick of hearing it. Between the coughing and the sneezing, for hours in the motel, hours in the car, and everywhere in between for however much time was left in the day, it was starting to wear on him. 
Dean took a few breaths, Sam knew because he could hear each one.
“Yeah, well I’b just doig this for fud, so…”
Sam rolled his eyes in the dark.
“By throat hurts…”
“Just breathe through your nose,” Sam whined. He knew he was being a little bitch but he couldn’t help it. He could only take so much.
Dean snuffled, a thick sucking sound, quickly cut off by the sheer amount of congestion. 
“Wuld if I could, Sabby,” Dean coughed again. 
“If you’d just use the stuff I bought –“ 
Sam was cut off again as Dean coughed. He heard the sheets rustle, the bed springs creek. In the dark he squinted to see Dean’s hunched, shirtless form on the edge of his bed, bent forward, gripping the mattress. His breaths were heavy. 
“Dean?”
“Godda habe a shower.”
“Dude, it’s almost 4am.”
“And I’b sweating by ass off.”
Sam sighed, thinking maybe at least he’d get a half hour sleep while Dean was in the bathroom.
Sam must have drifted off because he woke later to light streaming in the room as Dean opened the bathroom door.
“Jesus, Dean. Turn the light off.”
Dean didn’t respond, but Sam could hear his sticky breathing from across the room. The light disappeared, plunging the room into darkness once again, and Sam listened to Dean lumber over to his bed and flop down. Dean snuffled thickly, the sound causing Sam to shudder at its grossness. 
Ten minutes later when Sam had almost drifted off again he woke to a startling noise.
Hhhhe’EKCXSHUu!” The sneeze was muffled, and Sam didn’t want to think what Dean had used to muffle it. Hopefully it was a tissue but it could have been anything, the bed sheet, his pillow, Sam’s jumper, anything.
Huh’TTSSSHk! Heh’CHHXTuh!
Sam sighed, “Dean, I swear to God…”
Dean coughed suddenly, long and hard.
Alright, that’s it, Sam thought, as he leaned over to turn the lamp on. 
The light was dim but Dean squinted over at him.
“Whad are ya doig?”

Sam softened. Dean looked freaking awful. Well, he hadn’t looked the best for the past few days, but right now he looked absolutely terrible. He was about five shades whiter than usual, red around his nostrils and eyes, massive dark shadows from the lack of sleep. Sam supposed that while he’d been getting a few hours here and there, Dean hadn’t been getting any. His chest was moving up and down rapidly, sweat on his hairline, and he sounded like he had pudding in his lungs. 
Sam sat up and rubbed a hand over his face and through his hair. He got up and went to the kitchen, filling a glass of water.
“Sab?”
Sam brought the glass of water across to his brother and handed it to him. Dean propped himself up on an elbow and took the water, his hand visibly shaking under the weight of it. 
“How you feeling, man?”
Dean took a sip and coughed.
Sam quickly took the glass back before Dean spilled it all over himself. 
“Didn’t thigk you cared,” Dean moaned.
Sam felt another wave of guilt, “I do care, Dean… I think you’re running a fever.”
Dean smacked his hand away. Sam probably deserved that. 
Sam placed the glass on the nightstand and went over to his bag where he’d shoved the things he’d bought from the pharmacy. 
“Alright, dude. Time for medicine. You need to get some sleep.”
“Hate that stuff,” Dean mumbled.
Sam looked over and Dean had an epic pre-sneeze look on his face, hands hovering at the ready. 
He’KTSCHXCH! Ouch,” Dean snuffled into his hands. 
“Here, man,” Sam offered Dean two pills first, which he took, thankfully. Then presented him with a medicine cup of cough syrup. Dean tipped it back into his mouth and grimaced, coughing a little afterwards. 
“Okay, lie back,” Sam said, adjusting the sheet over Dean. 
Dean lay down and immediately began coughing, rolling onto his side.
“Hang on.”
Sam grabbed the pillows from his bed and manhandled Dean into a sitting position until he stacked the pillows at the head of the bed.
“Okay… there. That better?”
Dean relaxed back and sighed, “Thagks.”
“No problem.”
Sam went into the bathroom and wet a washcloth. When he came back Dean’s eyes were closed, and he looked like he’d lightened another 3 shades. 
“Here, Dean. For your head.”
Dean opened his eyes and stared at the cloth like he didn’t know what it was, then he reached out a sluggish hand and took it, wiping his face over before setting on his forehead. 
“Feels good,” he hummed, letting his eyes close again. 
“Sorry for being such a jerk,” Sam said softly, “I know it’s not your fault.”
Dean cracked an eye open, “It’s okay.”
“Try and get some sleep,” Sam muttered.
Sam went back to bed and took one last glance at Dean before flicking the lamp off. Dean coughed for the next half hour, but after that the flu pills kicked in and both boys got some long overdue sleep.

Original prompt: If Person A breathes through his mouth, he has violent coughing fits, which his sore throat doesn't really like. If he breathes through his nose (when he can), then he has LONG sneezing fits, which are also not good for his throat. Person B to the rescue!

First, do not EVER apologize! You can never post too much, in my book. 

Second, holy crap!  These little stories are nuggets of gold to me. The holidays are always super rough, and I count on the fictional world to keep me sane. So thank you for giving me these avenues to explore and to help escape reality, even for a few minutes. 

Much love ❤️

Nooo, don't hide, ever.  This is like a bunch of little Christmas presents to me.  LOVING IT.  I maybe especially loved this one, because Dean is just so sick and I'm mean like that, and I like that you have the balance between annoyed and caring Sam too, because I feel like that would be really accurate for them with this kind of relatively minor illness.

Omg, Don't ever feel bad about posting too much! There is no such thing!!

This one melted my heart :heart: I love annoyed-then-concerned Sam. Poor Dean, all he really needed was a little TLC. Seeing him finally get taken care of at the end was wonderfully satisfying.

Oooooh this one is... Wow. Great. I just melted when I read it. It makes me want to watch the show!!! Thank you for sharing!

On 11/12/2016 at 2:54 PM, MissBayliss said:

The sneeze was muffled, and Sam didn’t want to think what Dean had used to muffle it. Hopefully it was a tissue but it could have been anything, the bed sheet, his pillow, Sam’s jumper, anything.

I really liked this part.:D

On 12 December 2016 at 6:26 AM, Sharkylemon said:

Aa I love this I feel so bad for Dean lol

Hehe I know, poor thing. The things I put him through...

On 12 December 2016 at 0:03 PM, Wow Really? said:

First, do not EVER apologize! You can never post too much, in my book. 

Second, holy crap!  These little stories are nuggets of gold to me. The holidays are always super rough, and I count on the fictional world to keep me sane. So thank you for giving me these avenues to explore and to help escape reality, even for a few minutes. 

Much love ❤️

:blush:

Much love to you, my dear. Thank you for your kind words, always. 

Happy Christmas. Glad I can help keep you sane :P 

:heart::heart::heart: 

On 14 December 2016 at 2:35 PM, telltale said:

Nooo, don't hide, ever.  This is like a bunch of little Christmas presents to me.  LOVING IT.  I maybe especially loved this one, because Dean is just so sick and I'm mean like that, and I like that you have the balance between annoyed and caring Sam too, because I feel like that would be really accurate for them with this kind of relatively minor illness.

Thank you, telltale! And I'm glad I can give you presents on Christmas :) So glad you liked it. I always appreciate your feedback :heart: 

On 15 December 2016 at 1:48 AM, gingerdean said:

Omg, Don't ever feel bad about posting too much! There is no such thing!!

This one melted my heart :heart: I love annoyed-then-concerned Sam. Poor Dean, all he really needed was a little TLC. Seeing him finally get taken care of at the end was wonderfully satisfying.

Hehe this one felt right for me. Just a little sneak peak of their everyday lives on the road, stuck in motels. I'm very happy you commented :shy: Much love.

On 15 December 2016 at 7:00 AM, Aliena H. said:

Oooooh this one is... Wow. Great. I just melted when I read it. It makes me want to watch the show!!! Thank you for sharing!

I really liked this part.:D

Thank you! And welcome to the family! (even if you haven't watched the show yet. You commented on the fic, so now you're in :P ) #SPNFamily for life. You're a sweetheart. Thanks for your comment :) 

• 1 month later...

Here's a part 2, just because I love this story :shy: 

Part 2

The next morning Dean woke up embarrassingly late. The motel room was lit with morning sun and the alarm clock read past 11. His first breath since waking made him cough and his chest clenched. His head felt the size of Texas and pounded his pulse in his ear, which if he had to guess, was over 150 right now.

"Hey, how you feeling?" Sam asked from somewhere behind him.

Dean pulled the blanket over his face and sneezed forcefully.

"HhheKXCHGEHh! Huh'EXSSCHU!"

He coughed again afterwards, trying to catch his breath.

"That good, huh?"

Dean moaned, regretted it when his throat stung.

"I feel ligke ass," Dean was surprised at how he sounded. His voice had gotten ten times worse since he went to bed.

"Jesus, you sound awful."

"Thangks," Dean winced, pulling the blanket away and struggling up onto an elbow.

"I think you need to take the day off," Sam's face was creased with concern, which was a change from the bitch faces he'd been getting the last few days.

"I'b ogkay," Dean swallowed thickly.

"Dude, you're not okay."

Dean struggled with the blankets, trying to unwrap himself. He flopped back weakly, exhausted, unable to free himself.

"Wow," Sam mused.

"Shut it," Dean coughed, feeling the crackles in his lungs.

"I think you should shut it. That's gotta be painful. My throat hurts just listening to you."

Dean didn't answer, because, yeah, it was friggen painful.

A second later Sam was holding the tissue box out to him and Dean gratefully ripped three tissues out, sneezing exhaustedly. He blew his nose and felt his sinuses pop.

"Just stay in bed, man. You need the rest."

Dean wiped a shaking hand across his sweaty forehead and swallowed, "Hundt."

Sam was blank for a second, probably trying to figure out what he'd just said, "Oh, the hunt. Don't be mad..."

Dean narrowed his eyes at his brother.

"I gave it away."

Dean sat forward, coughing hard, mucus getting stuck in his throat.

Sam helped him to the edge of the bed, rubbing his back.

“Garth knew someone in the area.”

Dean swallowed, nodding.

“Neither of us have been getting much sleep lately.”

“Sorry your beauty rest wasnd’t forefrondt ind by bind when I was tryig ndot to cough by lungs out,” Dean snapped, pressing the tissues to his face and taking a deep crackling inhale, “Huh’KXCHT!”

“I’m not blaming you, man. I’m just saying… You clearly need to take a day here.”

Dean rubbed his nose with the back of his hand, “I feel terrible.”

Sam sighed, “I know, dude.”

Dean coughed again and turned to rearrange his pillows, “Alright… well I’b goig bagk to bed.”

“Sounds good.”

Dean curled back up in bed and felt Sam pull the heavy blanket over him. Dean, still holding onto his wad of tissues, brought them to his nose again, “Huh’KSHHT! Heh’TSCHH!... Onde bore,” he muttered, “Hhh’TSSHH! Urrghh.”

“Bless you.”

Dean coughed a couple of times and closed his eyes, burrowing under the blankets, “You can endertain yourself, righd?”

“Yeah, sure. I can go down to the library and –“ Sam stopped as he listened to Dean’s soft snores, asleep in record time. He chuckled, “Rest up, big brother.”

Eep, there's a part 2?! :) 

So, several things....

16 hours ago, MissBayliss said:

Dean pulled the blanket over his face and sneezed forcefully.

/vigorous nods of approval

“I’m not blaming you, man. I’m just saying… You clearly need to take a day here.”

Aw. Sam. <3 Can definitely hear him saying this.

Dean coughed again and turned to rearrange his pillows, “Alright… well I’b goig bagk to bed.”

Gah. GAHH. *keels over* Too perfect. Gah.

Coughing!Dean, man, I dunno. It's a thing. You are exceptionally good at the thing. Please write more of the thing. :D 

On 19 February 2017 at 3:25 PM, sierraplaid said:

Eep, there's a part 2?! :) 

So, several things....

/vigorous nods of approval

Aw. Sam. <3 Can definitely hear him saying this.

Gah. GAHH. *keels over* Too perfect. Gah.

Coughing!Dean, man, I dunno. It's a thing. You are exceptionally good at the thing. Please write more of the thing. :D 

Yay!! I'm glad you liked it. I just loved Dean this way and had to write more :smile: