Sneeze Fetish Forum

Messaging system suggestion?

•.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.•

Hello all. Friendly neighborhood Q here. 

I have been using the messaging system for collaborating on some stories, as well as general exchange of conversation lately, and I have noticed that you cannot send someone two messages consecutively. It makes you wait in between. So if you've just sent over a bit of a story in one message, and then in a separate message to the same person you want to send a short personal message, when you hit "send" it gives you an error saying you have to wait. 

I know this isn't a very big problem, but what my friends and i have come to refer to as "message jail" is a little inconvenient, and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to either shorten or lift it? 

I realize it may have been put in place to prevent spamming by bots what can send many many messages per second, but considering as how you have to be a validated member in order to send messages at all, and I don't think any bot could manage to get that far, maybe that wouldn't turn out to be such a problem?

I'd love to get Staff's thoughts on this. 

Thank you for your time reading this post! <3 

Thank you for raising this for discussion. I don't yet know if this is something where the settings may be altered, but I will start a topic on the Staff Board and whilst I can't make any promises at this stage, we will at least consider the position.

In the meantime, please would one of the people who have commented (or indeed anyone else) post in here the longest amount of time the system has made you wait, before being able to send your next message.

Thank you!

:joal:

Just tried and came up to 89 seconds if that helps... (and had to wait another 39 now to post THIS. :lol: ) wait... wait... wait... *look at watch* ... wait* 

• 2 weeks later...

@Quing Nerd @hedgehog @Norbert Noseblad

The staff have now discussed this matter and decided to remove the "flood control" setting for all validated members and above (it had previously been removed for VIP members and above).

You should therefore find that you can now send PMs in quick succession without any restrictions, but please post in here if that is not the case.

Archived