Sneeze Fetish Forum

Potions and spells (HP Snape, Secret Santa for Watercolor Daydreams) Part 2/6

Red

Hi @Watercolor Daydreams!

I'm your Secret Santa this year. I fear the only one of your fandoms that I know is Harry Potter and I never wrote a HP fic but I tried my best! Hope you enjoy it anyway! If you like it, I'll continue. And if there's anything else you'd like to have in the story, just tell me :) 

~~~~~~~~~~

PART 1

When Snape woke up, the first thing he noticed was a terrible headache. He dragged himself out of bed to get ready for his potion class. As usual he started the day with a quick shower before showing up in the great hall for breakfast. Well, today the shower wasn’t as quick as it should be. Only under the warm water he realized that he felt colder than normal. Sure, he lived in the dungeons underneath Hogwarts – it was always cold. Even midsummer appeared like autumn down here. Dark and cold. But this was different.

Instead of going out for a meal, he decided to prepare his lesson. He wasn’t hungry at all and could make a better use of his time by looking for a potion against this pounding pain in his head. A few minutes later he found a small bottle with a fluorescent green liquid in it. He emptied the bottle in one draft and immediately the headache was completely gone. The professor decided that the sore throat he detected while drinking was something he could easily ignore.

When he entered the classroom, his students already sat at their seats. Second year Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. Snape announced the task and for the next two hours nothing special happened. He took some points from a dumb boy who wasn’t able to read the formula and spread fear amongst the kids just by walking through the ranks.

After that he replayed the same game just with different participants – fourth year Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw.

As the time went by, his headache slowly returned. Added to this a burning sensation spread in his lungs and at the moment all pupil had left the room, he started to cough. Great. The last thing he needed was a cold. There was no way he’d go to Poppy. If there was one thing he truly hated, it was Pepper Up. He contemplated if there were any other potions to help out with his symptoms in one of the cupboards and ready to take. No. Nothing. The last one he had drank before. For a second he considered to brew something that could help with his symptoms but he scrapped the idea instantly. Such potions had to steep twelve hours and more. Not worth the effort.

Four hours and two classes later he regretted his decision. Meanwhile his headache was so bad that he felt light-headed. He refused to teach anything difficult and let his students read some chapters in their books. He didn’t even care about what they were reading. He just declared some random pages in the book and waited for the lesson to pass.

Somehow he made it and his last students for that day sat down at their places. Fifth year – Gryffindor and Slytherin. Potter, Granger, Weasley and this good-for-nothing boy Longbottom. Really the last thing he needed right now.

As before, he instructed them to read some chapters in the book and write an essay. The professor was sitting at his desk and trying hard not so shiver or cough or sneeze. This cold – wich to be honest wasn’t just a cold but a full blown flu – was getting worse every minute.

He didn’t even notice that Hermione observed him and started to talk with Harry and Ron.

“He must be sick.” She whispered.

“What? Who’s sick?” Harry asked.

“Snape. Look, he’s pale and his cheeks are flushed.”

“Are you serious? It’s Snape, his normal skin color is ‘pale’.” Ron countered.

“Oh just shut up, Ron. I am serious. He’s not looking well.” She replied.

“Who cares?” Harry interrupted. “Even if you’re right, Hermione - I don’t want to spot if he’s in a bad mood.”

Both his friends nodded in agreement and continued their work. Hermione didn’t even watch her teacher anymore. Just when Snape ended the lesson ten minutes earlier, she took a closer look at him. Something was clearly wrong. And the young Gryffindor was that kind of person who wanted to help others if she could – even if it was Snape.

She ‘accidentally’ dropped her bag and all her books and papers lay on the ground. Harry came by to help her picking up the stuff but she refused. “Go ahead before you get trouble with McGonagall. It’s not too bad if I’m late at Ancient Runes. We’ll meet for dinner.”

“Fine.” Ron muttered and pulled Harry at his robes to hurry. He really didn’t want to be in here longer than necessary.

“Miss Granger” Snapes voice sounded, deep and hoarse. “I thought you’re such a smart witch? Use it and get out!” The potions master wasn’t able to suppress his symptoms much longer and he just wanted to be alone. Now.

“I’m sorry, Sir, I...” she started but Snape swung his wand and everything on the floor found it’s way back into Hermiones bag.

“Get…” Snape rose his voice and was overwhelmed by a harsh coughing fit. The next time he looked up, Hermione stood in front of his desk.

“Are you alright, professor?” She asked bravely.

The teacher wanted to shout and make her go but he suddenly wasn’t able to hold back a sneeze and turned aside.

Heshh’SHEEWW!” His face was buried in his elbow and the forceful outburst leaded to another coughing fit, followed by two desperate sneezes Snape barely managed to stifle. "Hn'NGXXT! Ehh'ESHHNGXT!" It was embarrassing but he couldn’t help it.

“Bless you, Sir. I’ll asked Madam Pomfrey for…"

“NO!” Snape yelled angrily and stood up to frighten his student but the plan failed. A wave of dizziness hit him and the next thing he remembered was that he sat back down on his seat. The seconds in between were missing.

Edited by Red

Yes, yes, yes!!! Some Snape! What a GREAT idea!

13 hours ago, Red said:

Sure, he lived in the dungeons underneath Hogwarts – it was always cold. Even midsummer appeared like autumn down here. Dark and cold. But this was different.

Of course Snape couldn't just find himself a nice little sunny cheerful room near the Astronomy Tower... :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, Red said:

He took some points from a dumb boy who wasn’t able to read the formula and spread fear amongst the kids just by walking through the ranks.

After that he replayed the same game just with different participants – fourth year Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw.

Just a regular day in Severus Snape's life... I loved it.

I really like when you write Star Trek, but I also love when you do some Harry Potter - and Snape being my favorite character, well, this is great! I'm eager to read some more!!!

AHHH OMG I literally just saw this and AHHHHHHhhhhh <3 <3 <3

Thank you SOOO much Red!! I'm surprised that you say you've never written an HP fic before because this was so good! <3 

Thank you again for a wonderful SS gift. :wub:

Thank you so much @spirkestielgirl87 and @ZombieArty22! I hope you enjoy the next chapter as well :) 

@Aliena H. Thanks! It's great you also like my HP fic :blushing:

@Watercolor Daydreams I'm so relieved you like it anyway! I searched in some Threads to see what you like and found out that you aren't enjoying Snape fics so much anymore since Alan Rickman died. I totally feel with you, but HP was the only fandom of the ones you mentioned I know and I smply hoped you'd be able to enjoy it just as a Snape fic with the book Snape in your mind :blush: I'll continue the story but if there's anything you don't like, just tell me!

~~~~~~~~~~

PART 2

„Professor, I think you should go to the hospital Wing. Or at least to your room. It is too cold in here.” Hermione dared to say. Snape didn’t look very frightened at the moment. Indeed it seemed like he needed help. He clearly was running a fever and nearly passed out when he tried to stand up.

“You think, Miss know-it-all? Rather seems like I’m not going anywhere so soon. You, on the other hand...” He wanted to threat her but a sharp pain shot through his head and he pressed his hands against his eyes.

Hermione looked around indecisive for a moment before she asked: “Can I get you some potion? If you don’t want any Pepper-up maybe there’s something else against your symptoms, Sir?”

“If there would be, I would have taken it already.” He hissed. Why did he argue with a student?

The Gryffindor girl searched for something in her bag. “You have a headache, haven’t you?”

“Not your business, Miss Granger.” He tried to sound angry but he was too exhausted and too hoarse.

“Try this. It’s Muggle medicine but it helps.” She showed him some aspirin.

He looked suspiciously at the white pills and weighed the odds. He felt absolutely horrible. He even feared he may throw up in front of his student if the headache wouldn’t get better. And the probability that of all people Mr Granger would try to poison him was very low. And on top he hoped she’d finally go away and leave him alone if he accepted her help. So he just glared at her and took the two pills she offered him.

“This isn’t working.” He complained a few seconds later.

“It’s no magic. It takes some time until the effect sets in.”

Snape had no opportunity to answer. A shiver ran down his spine, his nose turned deep red and his breath started to hitch. He turned his had away, the back of his hand pressed under his nose. “HehhehhhESHHHSHHEEWWW! ESSHH! HESH’CHEEWW!”

With a wink of Hermiones wand a box of tissues appeared on the desk and a blanket was wrapped around Snapes shoulders. “Bless you, Sir.”

The head of Slytherin grumbled something, took a tissue and wiped his nose. ”I don’t think there’s any reason for you to be still here. Isn’t there a class you should be in right now?”

“Oh, that won’t be a problem” She simply said and smirked, thinking about her time turner. “Why don’t you brew anything that could ease your symptoms, professor?” she added.

“I’m barely able to stand up, if you haven’t noticed. Aside from that, these potions would take half a day and more to be finished.”

“I could brew them.” Hermione offered.

Snape!!!! He's my favorite! Of course Hermione would try to help.

• 4 weeks later...

How did I just see this now??? I love Snape, so I write a lot about him. My goodness, this is great!!! These were my favorite in the two parts. I put them in brackets and bold since I don't feel like quoting every one.

[When he entered the classroom, his students already sat at their seats. Second year Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. Snape announced the task and for the next two hours nothing special happened. He took some points from a dumb boy who wasn’t able to read the formula and spread fear amongst the kids just by walking through the ranks.
After that he replayed the same game just with different participants – fourth year Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw.]

So true, and it made me laugh out loud (My family was probably wondering what I was laughing about... :bag:). Love it!

["What? Who’s sick?” Harry asked.
“Snape. Look, he’s pale and his cheeks are flushed.”
“Are you serious? It’s Snape, his normal skin color is ‘pale’.” Ron countered.]

Also made me laugh, even harder (Again, my family was probably so confused). I could easily imagine Ron saying that! :lol: 

[“Bless you, Sir. I’ll asked Madam Pomfrey for…"
“NO!” Snape yelled angrily and stood up to frighten his student but the plan failed. A wave of dizziness hit him and the next thing he remembered was that he sat back down on his seat. The seconds in between were missing.]

A typical Snape again. Probably wasn't very happy when he almost fainted and couldn't frighten her.

[The head of Slytherin grumbled something, took a tissue and wiped his nose. ”I don’t think there’s any reason for you to be still here. Isn’t there a class you should be in right now?”
“Oh, that won’t be a problem” She simply said and smirked, thinking about her time turner. “Why don’t you brew anything that could ease your symptoms, professor?” she added.
“I’m barely able to stand up, if you haven’t noticed. Aside from that, these potions would take half a day and more to be finished.”
“I could brew them.” Hermione offered.]

A perfect Snape and Hermione situation. Hermione is hilarious. Snape reluctantly admitting he can't even stand, let alone brew a potion, and Hermione offers to brew them. Brilliant! (I would put that one emoticon here, but I forget how to make it :blush:

I absolutely love it a lot. Please do continue!

Edited by I love Alan Rickman