Sneeze Fetish Forum

State of emergency (Star Trek, Spock) Part 4/10

Red

This one is for @thesneezegoddes I hope you (And everyone else who's reading this :blush:) like it!

~~~~~~~~~~

PART 1

“Bridge to engineering. Scotty, what’s wrong down there?” Kirks voice echoed through the speakers.

Recently the Enterprise had been in a firefight with a romulan warbird. At first sight everything seemed to be okay. The romulan ship had inferior technology and the flagship of staarfleet was only hit once when the warbird appeared out of nowhere. But suddenly the light on the whole ship flickered.

“We’ve gotta wee problem, Sir.” Scotty answered.

“How bad is it?” The captain wanted to know.

“Energy’s down. I had to feed the life-support systems with our emergency systems. Means there’s no power left to defend or flee if it’s necessary right now.”

“How much time do you need to repair it?”

“Minimum twelve hours. Maybe more.”

“We have to get out of here as soon as possible in case the romulans brought some friends. You’ve six hours.”

“That’s impossible!” The chief engineer complained.

“Make it possible!”

“Aye, Sir. I could put the warp drive back on track but I’d need more energy for the repairs. It wouldn’t be very comfortable on the old lady for the next six hours. May have to put the replicators down and subtract energy from air-condition and light systems.”

“Well, do it. Kirk out.”

Within ten minutes the temperature on the whole ship dropped rapidly, the light was dimmed and the replicators got useless. Immediately Jim received a call from sickbay.

“What the hell happened, Jim? It’s cold and dark and the replicators aren’t working.” Bones was clearly upset.

“We got hit. Scotty’s working on it but he needs at least six hours to repair the warp drive. Sorry Bones, we – “

“Save your breath! You’re lucky there’s no emergency and we weren’t in the middle of an operation. I couldn’t operate under such circumstances!” The physician hissed.

“Sorry, there’s no other way. I hope Scotty will be ready soon. You and your team could distribute some space blankets to keep the crew warm.”

“I’m a doctor, not a volunteer!"

“It’s a matter of health to keep everyone warm. Or do you wanna treat some cases of hypothermia?”

“Fine, fine.”

Twenty minutes later Bones himself arrived at the bridge with a bunch of blankets. He wanted to make sure that the main crew was alright. At first he came to Uhura and gave her two blankets. Because of little differences in the blood circulation women are more sensitive to low temperatures. But she seemed fine so he went on.

Sulu and Chekov hadn’t any problems with the cold but both were not averse to get a blanket.

When Bones reached the science station, everything seemed to be normal. The first officer was in total control of himself like always. The only thing he wasn’t able to hide was his skin colour. His cheeks and the tip of his nose were flushed green and the skin around his lips was paler than usual. Bones looked straight into his friends’ eyes and directly knew that the Vulcan had a huge problem to deal with these temperatures. They didn’t change a word but McCoy gave him two blankets and Spock didn’t decline. Another hint that something was wrong.

The last blanket was for the captain. Bones went to the command chair. “Jim, we need to talk.”

“Sure, what’s up?”

“Outside. Now.” The doctor requested. Jim looked a bit irritated but followed his CMO outside to the corridor.

“Is there a problem, Bones?” Jim asked.

“Indeed. It has green blood and pointy ears. He’s suffering from hypothermia.” The physician sounded serious.

“Spock? To me he seemed perfectly fine.” Kirk explained puzzled.

“We’re talking ‘bout Spock! Sure he pretends to be alright. Trust me, he’s not.”

“Yeah… what should I do, Bones?”

“Good question. The whole damn ship is a freezer. I don’t think his quarters make an expectation. I gave him two blankets, maybe that will help. But keep an eye on him, okay?”

“I’ll do. Thank you, Bones.”

Edited by Red

Red, do you know that I love you? Really, really, really love you? Well, you know it now. Never enough problems aboard the Enterprise... Never enough triumvirate... Never enough sarcastic AND concerned McCoy at the same time... And never enough sick Spock of course...

46 minutes ago, Red said:

“Indeed. It has green blood and pointy ears.

As always, Bones. Aren't you accustomed to it, after all this time???

I'm very grateful your exams are over! :razz:

Oh, It's one of my favotite plots for ST--fic, and it's so rare! I will just happy, if you write full fanfic (couse I know only one, and it is mini and not sickfic). This is will be combo :clapping:

12 hours ago, Red said:

LOL Bones!

12 hours ago, Red said:

“Indeed. It has green blood and pointy ears. He’s suffering from hypothermia.” The physician sounded serious.

I love Bones snarky comments.

12 hours ago, Red said:

“We’re talking ‘bout Spock! Sure he pretends to be alright. Trust me, he’s not.”

Of course he's pretending to be alright. 

I love this!!!!

@Aliena H. I'm glad you like it! You're so right: Never enough triumvirate! :heart::heart:

@ickydog2006 and @spirkestielgirl87 Thank you! I hope you'll like it :) 

@SneezeFanGirl Thanks! I'm going to write a full fic of course! There's a lot Star Trek on the forum but in my opinion there's never enough :D 

@AngelEyes Yeah, Bones is the best! It's fun to write this character! I'm happy it's also fun for you to read it :) 

~~~~~~~~~~

PART 2

Jim observed Spock the whole time. The next three hours were quite uneventful so the captain had nothing else to do. Now and then he called Scotty for an update, listened when Sulu reported on the status or asked Spock for some informations (yeah, things he didn’t really needed to know, but he wanted to check up on his friend.) Spock answered accurate as always but Jim noticed that the science officer avoided facing him during his specifications.

Meanwhile Spock tried very hard to concentrate on his work. Even wrapped into two blankets the cold was biting through each and every nerve and fibre. He suppressed a shiver and the growing urge to cough. Every time the captain asked something Spock hoped his voice wouldn’t let him down. He felt a bit under the weather before and unfortunately today this happened.

“Hey, Spock? Spock!” The Vulcan shrugged when someone touched his shoulder. He unintentionally slid into meditation when he felt worse and didn’t even realize that his captain addressed a question to him.

“Excuse me, captain.  I – “ He was suddenly interrupted by a deafening noise. It sounded like an explosion and all lights on the bridge went out. The ship was shaken and Spock reached for the armrests of his chair to keep himself from falling. Kirks hand vanished and a few seconds later everything was over.

The lights turned on again and everyone looked around. Apparently no major damage has been inccured. “Captain, what –“ Spock started until his view met the ground. “Jim!” He jumped off his seat and hurried to Kirk who was lying on the floor in front of the science station. The first officer knelt down beside his friend and discovered a bleeding wound on the back of Kirks head. The captain was unconscious.

“Bridge to Sickbay.” Spock called with a hoarse voice. No answer. “Bridge to Sickbay! Dr. McCoy?”

“Communications are down.” Lieutenant Uhura informed the second in command.

Without hesitation Spock lifted Jim up and left the bridge. He hurried through the corridors with the captain in his arms. The way to Sickbay seemed endless and Spock begun to cough, air burning in his lungs. He rushed to the treatment room and nearly crushed into McCoy.

“Spock! What the hell… Jim! What happened? ” The physician asked and prepared an examination table. Spock put Kirk down and told McCoy what had happened.

“The captain fell while… Heh’kishh!” Spock was surprised by a sneeze. He pressed one fist under his bright green nose and a following coughing fit kept him from speaking.

Bones finished his scans and turned to the coughing Vulcan. “By golly, sit down! Jim will be fine, it’s just a laceration.”

Edited by Red

Poor Spock! I wouldn't mind cuddling him a bit to keep him warm... And Jim speaking to SPock just to check on him, that was cute... Nice update, I'm looking forward for more!

Thank you so much @Aliena H. and @ickydog2006 :) I hope you'll enjoy the next chapter as well. 

~~~~~~~~~~

PART 3

“Bones, what… ughh…” Jim moaned while he sat up.

“Hey, easy, Jim. Stay in bed. Your head had an unpleasant rendezvous with the ground.” McCoy and Spock gathered around their friend, everyone standing on one side to keep Kirk from getting up. “I fixed the cut but you may -” Bones continued until the first officer interrupted him.

Hehktshh!” Spock removed his hand from Jims arm and stifled a harsh sneeze between thumb and index.

Jim looked bewildered at the Vulcan. “Spock? Are you alright?” The science officer wasn’t able to speak. He just nodded, eyes still closed, mouth slightly open, breath unsteady. He tried hard to gain back control over his body but it was pointless. While he was fighting the tickle, McCoy grabbed a tissue from the nightstand and handed it to Spock. The urge grew too strong and he caught the first sneeze with the back of his hand before he muffled the rest of a desperate fit into the tissue.

HeehhHe’keshhh! K’hishhh! He’kishhoo! HeIshoo! KIshh! Ishhh! ISHH! EKH’ECHOO!” It left him dazed but he acted like nothing happened. When he felt two pairs of eyes staring at him, he simply said. “I should return to the bridge to determine what caused the convulsion.”

“You’re sick and you’re going nowhere without my permission!” McCoy intervened.

“Bones is right. You sound awful. I’ll check out what…” Jim was already on his feet when the physician stopped him.

“No way. You may have a concussion. You have to stay under observation for twenty-four hours.”

“Captain, I agree with doctor McCoy. The fall could have caused serious damage to your health. My state of health on the contrary is not gravely –“ He suppressed a cough and Jim took the chance.

“I’m perfectly fine. I promise I won’t collapse or something like that. But as captain I’m responsible for my ship.”  In fact, he felt not completely well. To be honest, he felt like crap. Head pounding, dizzy and nauseous. But it was manageable.

“Jim, you can’t… Jim! Wait, you… stubborn kid.” The captain disappeared without the permission of his CMO. Bones watched him walking away and sighed. At least Spock...

“SPOCK! You damn, green-blooded hobgoblin!” McCoy shouted out to his friend who left sickbay without another word.

“Great! Sure, no need to take the doctors advice! Find someone else to patch up your pieces next time!” Bones swore while he turned his back and went to his office.

It didn't take long until Spock caught up to Kirk. Both avoided to talk with each other because no one knew what to say. They didn't need to ask another if they were fine - it was clear that they were not. In the turbolift, Jim leaned heavily against the wall while Spock pinched his nose as hard as possible to stifle the sneeze and keep the volume at the lowest level possible. 

"Hn'xgt!"

"Bless you."

"Thank you. Is the nausea bearable, Jim?"

Spock knew. Of course he knew. 

"Yeah, thanks." 

They recollected themselves for a moment before the door slid open and the hectic of the bridge pounced on them.

Edited by Red

Thank you for new part! This fanfic like a Christmas miracle for me :) And relationships of Spock and Jim so real - it is really no sense asked about health, if you clearly see it.  

Ah!! LOVED that last bit when they both acknowledged what each one is going through but know that neither one is going to back down... :) love love love!!!! 

On Sunday, December 25, 2016 at 0:50 PM, Red said:

This one is for @thesneezegoddes I hope you (And everyone else who's reading this :blush:) like it!

~~~~~~~~~~

PART 1

“Bridge to engineering. Scotty, what’s wrong down there?” Kirks voice echoed through the speakers.

Recently the Enterprise had been in a firefight with a romulan warbird. At first sight everything seemed to be okay. The romulan ship had inferior technology and the flagship of staarfleet was only hit once when the warbird appeared out of nowhere. But suddenly the light on the whole ship flickered.

“We’ve gotta wee problem, Sir.” Scotty answered.

“How bad is it?” The captain wanted to know.

“Energy’s down. I had to feed the life-support systems with our emergency systems. Means there’s no power left to defend or flee if it’s necessary right now.”

“How much time do you need to repair it?”

“Minimum twelve hours. Maybe more.”

“We have to get out of here as soon as possible in case the romulans brought some friends. You’ve six hours.”

“That’s impossible!” The chief engineer complained.

“Make it possible!”

“Aye, Sir. I could put the warp drive back on track but I’d need more energy for the repairs. It wouldn’t be very comfortable on the old lady for the next six hours. May have to put the replicators down and subtract energy from air-condition and light systems.”

“Well, do it. Kirk out.”

Within ten minutes the temperature on the whole ship dropped rapidly, the light was dimmed and the replicators got useless. Immediately Jim received a call from sickbay.

“What the hell happened, Jim? It’s cold and dark and the replicators aren’t working.” Bones was clearly upset.

“We got hit. Scotty’s working on it but he needs at least six hours to repair the warp drive. Sorry Bones, we – “

“Save your breath! You’re lucky there’s no emergency and we weren’t in the middle of an operation. I couldn’t operate under such circumstances!” The physician hissed.

“Sorry, there’s no other way. I hope Scotty will be ready soon. You and your team could distribute some space blankets to keep the crew warm.”

“It’s a matter of health to keep everyone warm. Or do you wanna treat some cases of hypothermia?”

“Fine, fine.”

Twenty minutes later Bones himself arrived at the bridge with a bunch of blankets. He wanted to make sure that the main crew was alright. At first he came to Uhura and gave her two blankets. Because of little differences in the blood circulation women are more sensitive to low temperatures. But she seemed fine so he went on.

Sulu and Chekov hadn’t any problems with the cold but both were not averse to get a blanket.

When Bones reached the science station, everything seemed to be normal. The first officer was in total control of himself like always. The only thing he wasn’t able to hide was his skin colour. His cheeks and the tip of his nose were flushed green and the skin around his lips was paler than usual. Bones looked straight into his friends’ eyes and directly knew that the Vulcan had a huge problem to deal with these temperatures. They didn’t change a word but McCoy gave him two blankets and Spock didn’t decline. Another hint that something was wrong.

The last blanket was for the captain. Bones went to the command chair. “Jim, we need to talk.”

“Sure, what’s up?”

“Outside. Now.” The doctor requested. Jim looked a bit irritated but followed his CMO outside to the corridor.

“Spock? To me he seemed perfectly fine.” Kirk explained puzzled.

“Yeah… what should I do, Bones?”

“Good question. The whole damn ship is a freezer. I don’t think his quarters make an expectation. I gave him two blankets, maybe that will help. But keep an eye on him, okay?”

“I’ll do. Thank you, Bones.”

I've said it once and will say it again thank you!!!! You are the best.

Poor Bones. Always trying to do the best for his friends, and they are not even grateful... :rolleyes:

On 28/12/2016 at 1:59 PM, Red said:

It left him dazed but he acted like nothing happened. When he felt two pairs of eyes staring at him, he simply said. “I should return to the bridge to determine what caused the convulsion.”

Yes, of course, we're speaking about Spock here...

The end is really cute - and I'm curious to know what will happen on the bridge with those two stubborn children. Why is McCoy always the only reasonable adult aboard?

Poor Bones. Jim and Spock always stubborn. Bones all like, Fine patch yourselves up next time. LOL. And I love the end when Jim and Spock acknowledge each others issues without making a big deal. You good, not really. You good, not really. Ok, we're good. LOL

On 28.12.2016 at 6:37 PM, SneezeFanGirl said:

Thank you for new part! This fanfic like a Christmas miracle for me :) And relationships of Spock and Jim so real - it is really no sense asked about health, if you clearly see it.  

So glad you like it! Thank you :) Hope you enjoy the next part as well.

On 29.12.2016 at 2:10 PM, thesneezegoddes said:

Thank you I absolutely love it :D

Great! I wasn't entirely sure what you like. It makes me happy to see I guessed right B)

On 29.12.2016 at 0:27 AM, LostGirl2.0 said:

Ah!! LOVED that last bit when they both acknowledged what each one is going through but know that neither one is going to back down... :) love love love!!!! 

Don't know what to say... just THANK YOU! :) 

On 29.12.2016 at 5:08 PM, Aliena H. said:

Poor Bones. Always trying to do the best for his friends, and they are not even grateful... :rolleyes:

Yes, of course, we're speaking about Spock here...

The end is really cute - and I'm curious to know what will happen on the bridge with those two stubborn children. Why is McCoy always the only reasonable adult aboard?

Yeah, just a normal day aboard the Enterprise - that's why we all love it, right? Jim, Spock and Bones.... :heart: Hope you like the next chapter!

On 31.12.2016 at 5:23 AM, AngelEyes said:

Poor Bones. Jim and Spock always stubborn. Bones all like, Fine patch yourselves up next time. LOL. And I love the end when Jim and Spock acknowledge each others issues without making a big deal. You good, not really. You good, not really. Ok, we're good. LOL

:D Thanks for your reply! I'm always happy to see you're still reading my stuff!

~~~~~~~~~~

PART 4

“Captain, are you alright?” Sulu asked, still sitting in the commando chair.

“Sure.” Jim lied. “Thank you Mr. Sulu.”

The helmsman got up and vacated the seat for Kirk. Meanwhile Spock settled down at the science station.

“We collided with another ship, captain.” Sulu reported unrequested. “The radar missed it. It was cloaked and therefore invisible as well for the crew as for our systems.

“Cloaked?” Kirk repeated. “A romulan Warbird?”

“Bird-of-Prey. It’s just floating but the cloaking devices were activated. It got visible after our crash. Maybe we destroyed the last working systems. It appears abandoned.”

Jim heard every word but it took longer than usual to understand what they meant. The Enterprise wasn’t even near the Romulan Neutral Zone. There was something amiss. It simply didn’t make any sense.

“Spock, any signs of life on the Bird-of-Prey?”

“No, Captain.” Spock said briefly. Jim noticed his nasal and hoarse voice but no one else paid attention.

“Are the communication systems ready for use again?” Jim questioned.

“Yes, Sir.” Uhura reported. “I also tried to contact the romulan ship but I received no answer. Either Mr. Spocks analyses are right or the crew play dead.”

“Seems like there’s no other way than to check up on it.” Kirk pressed a button aside his chair. “Scotty, do we have enough power to beam?”

“Aye, Sir. And I almost finished the repairs. We’ll have full speed and a cozy ol’ lady in about thirty minutes, I guess.” The chief engineer sounded proud as always.

“Great, thank you, Scotty.” Jim had to take a deep breath until he continued his work. “Bridge to Sickbay. Bones, I need you in the transporter room in ten minutes. There’s a romulan ship we have to rummage.”

“Sure we have to do that.” The physician murmured. “I’m on my way.”

Jim stood up, hoping the wave of dizziness would pass soon. Spock did the same and their eyes met. Both men resisted to keep the other one from going on a potential dangerous mission despite their current condition. A few seconds later, the captain nodded towards his first officer before he handed off command. “Mr. Sulu, you have the conn.”

The three Startfleet members arrived at the transporter room around the same time. The door hardly closed behind them when Spock gave in to a desperate sneezing fit. He hastily brought his sleeve up to his face.

He’kishh! Hek’echh! Ek’tchh! Kechhoo! K’echh! KhISHH! H’ISHH!”

As a matter of prudence Bones had packed some tissues, one ready at hand. He passed it to his friend. “Bless you.”

“Bless, Sir!” Scotty said from behind the control panel. “Ya not getting sick, right? I mean, a sick Vulcan…” Jim glared at the chief engineer and Scott immediately fell silent.

Kirk, McCoy and Spock stepped on the platform and seconds later they dematerialized.

Edited by Red
6 hours ago, Red said:

“Bridge to Sickbay. Bones, I need you in the transporter room in ten minutes. There’s a romulan ship we have to rummage.”

Mwahaha!!! I'm sure Bones is SO happy to go!

6 hours ago, Red said:

Both men resisted to keep the other one from going on a potential dangerous mission despite their current condition.

I melted here. Oh, boys, I love you.

And the end was perfect. Spock's sneezing fit, McCoy with his tissues - how thoughtful - and Scotty's comment... Thank you!

On 1/1/2017 at 6:34 AM, Red said:

“Aye, Sir. And I almost finished the repairs. We’ll have full speed and a cozy ol’ lady in about thirty minutes, I guess.” The chief engineer sounded proud as always.

I love the way Scotty talks about his ship.

Poor Bones.

Jim stood up, hoping the wave of dizziness would pass soon. Spock did the same and their eyes met. Both men resisted to keep the other one from going on a potential dangerous mission despite their current condition.

Stubborn!

Looking forward to seeing what trials await!

• 1 year later...

this is great! will this be continued or did I come too late to the party lol?