Sneeze Fetish Forum

Love and a Cough (F)

Sarah_Snow

This is a late Christmas present for SmokeyGhost and my first try at sharing fetishy fiction I’ve written publicly so *deep breath* here goes.

“Love and a cough cannot be concealed.”  - Anne Sexton

Part One:

"(Mhhh, mhhhh)"  My shoulders convulsed as I tried to hold back a pair of muffled coughs, but the effort only loosened the congestion in my chest and I immediately felt the need to cough again.  I put my drink down, covered my mouth and took a breath.  "(Ehent, ehem)"  As I inhaled again, deeper this time, I caught a dirty look from an older woman sitting at the bar.  "(Ehhhhent, ehhhent, ehem!)"  I knew all that congestion rattling around in my chest sounded terrible and I probably shouldn't be out in public, but people cough.  Why couldn't that nasty old hag mind her own damn business?  Even so,  I started digging through my purse hoping to find the cough drops that I knew weren't there because I remembered very clearly using the last one on the drive over.

I immediately forgot her when I felt his hand gently touch me on the shoulder as he slid into the seat in the booth across from me.  He was ruggedly handsome, and much better looking than his picture on the dating site had lead me to believe.

"I didn't see you back here," he smiled.

"Yeah, these booths are kind of high," I replied, my voice sounding unusually raspy.  It was actually a sexy sound that I liked, but if I tried to keep it up the phlegm would choke me so I sniffled and cleared my throat.    That's when I noticed the beer glass he had put down in front of him was nearly empty.

"Oh my gosh!  Have you been waiting long?" I asked, mortified.

His smile and a little half wink sent a shiver down my spine.  "Not long.  Ten minutes, maybe.  I was right over there," he gestured toward one of the other high backed booths.  "I was watching the door.  I'm sorry;   I didn't see you come in."

I rolled my eyes at my own stupidity.  "You wouldn't have, I came in through the hotel lobby.  I was so nervous I didn't even think to check to see if you were already here.  I'm such an idiot."

"All's well that ends well, I'm glad we finally got to meet face to face."  We both laughed a little which loosened the phlegm in my chest again.

"Yes, well... (ehent, ehem)" I tried to reply, "… well I'm glad you (ehem)  (ehhhent, ehem!)… (ehhhent, ehhhent, ehem!)"  He waited patiently while I panted for breath.  "Excuse me.  What I was *trying* to say was that I'm glad you finally saw me."

He gave an awkward half smile that was very endearing.  "Heard you, actually."

The fact that I was still holding my hand to my lips in case I coughed again helped me realize what he meant and I tried to wave off the flush of embarrassment I felt.   "Ah, right.  Sorry about all this.  I really thought I'd be over it by now."

"No need to apologize," he reassured me reaching over to squeeze my arm.  "I feel bad having you come out when you're still not feeling well.  I would have waited."  His touch sent a little jolt of electricity up my arm and I blushed a little.

"I actually feel great," I replied, then suddenly had to muffle a coughing fit that made me sound like a liar.  "I... (mmmh, mmmhhh)… I had the WORST cold when you first contacted me... (mhhhh, mhhhh, mhhhh)… stuffy head, fever, sneezing and everything but that all went away last week.  It's just this cough that I just can't seem to shake."  I turned my head and inhaled, then followed up with an "(ehem!)  (ehhhhhhhent, ehem!)" as if to prove the point.  As I gasped out a "Sorry," I thought I caught his eyes darting up from my chest to quickly make eye contact again.

For a split second I thought he seemed embarrassed, but he covered it quickly.  "It's probably for the better," he joked.  "I knew I was looking for a stunning brunette in a black dress.  If I didn't also know she was getting over a cold I might still be sitting over there drinking my beer by myself."

Best Christmas present ever.  Thanks so much for writing this and I'm glad you decided to make it public.  Looking forward to part 2 :)

Part Two:

"Point taken."  I raised my glass as if to toast his astute point, but the real reason was to have an excuse to take a sip and soothe my scratchy throat a bit.  It worked.  My throat felt better, but I was beginning to feel a slight gurgling deep in my lungs when I took a breath.  I decided I had better let him do the talking or I risked launching into a full on coughing fit.  I remembered seeing in his dating profile that he liked international travel so I asked him to tell me about his latest trip.

He launched easily and casually into a description of a trip he had recently taken to Scotland.  I have to admit to not remembering many of the details, it was easy to get lost in his comfortable manner and just listen to the tone of his voice.  The only thing that kept me grounded in reality was the increased rumbly gurgling in my chest as I tried to breathe.  I leaned forward smiling and nodding and rested my chin on my hand as if I were paying attention thoughtfully, which in all fairness I was.  The fact that I was ready to be unobtrusive if I had to cough was a bonus.  That I was showing off a little cleavage was another bonus.  He had been respectfully keeping his gaze above shoulder level but let's be honest, I hadn't worn the dress with the diving V neckline because I wanted him to notice only my eyes.

He was talking about the music in Edinburgh when I there was a catch in my chest I couldn't resist.  My hand made the short trip from my chin to my mouth and my body convulsed quickly but I was able to keep my cough quietly muffled.  "(Mmmh)"  "(Mmmhhh, mmmhh)"  I smiled and tucked a loose tendril of hair behind my ear as he continued, politely pretending not to notice the interruption.

He was describing the cobblestone streets and old buildings when my body convulsed again.  "(Mmhhh)  (Mmmhhh, mhhh!)  (Mhhhut, mmhum!)"  I felt a flush of warmth when his eyes dropped briefly to my chest.

He was saying something about the highlands as I struggled against the congestion that was continuing to build.  "(Mmhhhh, mmhhh!)  (Mmhhhh!)  (Mmmhhhut, mmhhh, mhhhhhh, mhhhhh...)"  Fighting back my cough was getting more and more difficult.  My eyes were beginning to water and my throat was beginning to burn.  I glanced down at my drink but it was empty.  I'm not sure it would have helped anyway, the congestion in my chest was robbing me of the air I needed.  “(Mhhhh, mhhh, mhhh…)”  I was still trying to muffle my coughing so as not to interrupt him and he was looking at me sympathetically, wondering if he should stop and give me a moment or keep going so not as to embarrass me.  It was touchingly sweet.

He was talking about Inverness when I had to give in and interrupted him mid-sentence by holding up a finger.  "Hold that thought," I croaked out, then inhaled and turned my head to the side.

"(Ehhhhhunt, ehem!)"  I inhaled again.

"(Ehhhhhunt, ehhhunt, EHUM!)"  I inhaled more deeply this time, arching my back.

"(hut-EHHHhunt, ehhhhhhunt, EHHHUM!)”  The congestion in my chest rattled as I inhaled again.  (hut-EHHHhunt, ehhhhhhunt, EHHHUM!)”  It was exhausting, but if felt good in a strange kind of way.  “(hut-EHHHhunt, ehhhhhhunt, EHHHEM!)"

I know my chest was heaving and my face was red both from embarrassment and lack of oxygen as I gasped out a weak "Excuse me," but at least my chest was clear and I was breathing clearly for the moment.  If I had had the breath to do it I might have laughed when I noticed his eyes locked on my heaving bosom.  He shook his head as if in a daze, visibly ashamed at having been caught but I just smiled reassuringly as I recovered myself.  Really, I wasn't at all displeased that he had found a way to find pleasure in that instead of having been thoroughly disgusted by the whole event.

"Are you okay?  Can I get you another drink?" he asked, recovering himself.  That's the thing about coughing.  When I sneeze from a cold, people can just say "bless you" and move on.  But when I cough hard enough, people feel obligated to comment.

I was just about to accept his offer when we both became aware of the older woman from the bar standing right beside our table.  She slammed a cough drop on the table and barked at me tersely.  "Take this, sweety.  You need it."  Without waiting for an answer, she strode angrily back toward her chair.

My date looked at me, as shocked as I was.  "Well that was rude."

"Kind of," I agreed.  "I have half a mind not to take it and just keep coughing to piss her off."

There was an unmistakable flash of overly eager agreement in the expression of my date before he settled into a more composed, casual smile.  "I think you should."

I raised my hand to my mouth and my breasts pressed against my dress as I filled my chest with air.  "(Ehhhent, ehem)"  I grinned.  "That's what I'll do, then."

The End

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I'm not very good at thinking of ideas so if you've got any scenarios you'd like someone to write I'd be happy to try! 

Can't say enough about this, plus it's the only coughing story I've ever seen written from a first person perspective.  Really awesome work, thanks for writing this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh my gosh this is amazing!! :chickawow: (Where are the "jaw drop" emojis when you need them?)

I haven't been around but I'm going to have to check this board for content more often! First person POV about holding back a wet cough is just, wowww. And the lovely descriptions of building congestion were very much appreciated by yours truly. I suspect that the narrator's blind date is equally enthusiastic? As rare as coughing fetishism is, I wonder how many people have worried than an enthralled observer was disgusted with them. I recently gave a presentation to a group of sales and marketing people, one of them was an attractive woman in her 20s/30s with a congested cough. I think I was discreet, but my eyes kept sliding over to her... *sweats loudly*

Archived