Sneeze Fetish Forum

What board games do you enjoy?

Dusty15

I saw the thread about video games titled "What games do you like to play?" and expected it to be about board games. I'm not much of a video gamer, but I do enjoy board games so I thought I'd ask about ones that other members enjoy :)

I love word-based games and party games, so Bananagrams, Scrabble, Scattegories, and Cards Against Humanity/Apples to Apples are some of my favourites. I played Ticket to Ride for the first time a while ago and I really liked that! I also played a game called Anomia that's a lot of fun.

Monopoly and man I play to win ;)Game of Life, Mou, Set, Sorry, Payday, Battleship and Risk.

I love board games!   I like a lot of the party games like Scattergories, Taboo and Apples to Apples. (Never played Cards Against Humanity, I'll have to try it sometime!) I like Pictionary too, mostly because I'm a terrible artist, and we usually end up getting some good laughs out of it. And I like Monopoly, but my husband and I are VERY competitive, so it can get kind of ugly sometimes. :lol:  And if we're counting card games, I also like Gin Rummy and Mille Bournes.   :thumbsup2:

Haven't played any board games in a hot minute, but I've always enjoyed Sorry! and Monopoly. As for card games, Cards Against Humanity and Apples to Apples are my favorites! Though I've been so busy lately the only card games I've played recently are Solitaire ^^;

I haven't had much time to play board games in a while... but if I did, the best for me are Cards Against Humanity (so original over here), Clue, and Life. 

Ludo, Munchkin, Rummikub, Frank's Zoo, Panic in the Herd (a complicated one with sheepies), Quartets (I think that's like Go Fish), Black Stories, Scrabble, and 30 Seconds. :lol:

I collect themed Monopoly games of stuff I like.  I have a Star Trek The Next Generation one and an Avengers one that are ties for my favourite.  I like to play them with people who also like that thing and make jokes and shout references at each other.

^ ! I have a dog themed monopoly called Dogopoly. 

So yeah Dogopoly, Life, Clue, Cards Against Humanity, Apples to Apples.

Card-wise: Uno, Rummy, BS (although my family had to change the name to Malarkey..) Trash, Solitaire. 

I generally like co-op games in whatever format, but good ones are a bit of a rarity and I'm usually down for most board games if I have the time. Arkam Horror, Talisman, Betrayal at House on the Hill and Carcassonne are a few favourites, but I enjoy Trivial Pursuit-esque games as well, and simple Mancala like setups. Munchkin and Spank the Monkey are also nice. 

You may be shocked to hear that I like word based games..... :glare:

.....but whereas I used to play Scrabble on a conventional board (many, many years ago), I now play "Words With Friends" on my iPad.

I also played a game called Labyrinth with my sister and some of her family at the weekend, which is a fairly straightforward and reasonably fun game.

But for the most part, I don't generally play board games.

:joal:

All the games! Well, not quite all. But I do love a good board game. I haven't played enough co-op games but I know I enjoyed Arkham Horror. I like Risk and Ticket to Ride, though they're both bad for my competitive nerves.

I love word games like scrabble and Balderdash and Bananagrams, and quiz/trivia games (though I have fewer playmates for those). I've never played a complete game of Apples to Apples and this makes me sad.

The game I think is top of my current pile, though, is Discworld: Ankh-Morpork. It is a beautiful, beautiful thing, and having read the books only adds to the experience.

9 hours ago, Cutekats said:

^ ! I have a dog themed monopoly called Dogopoly. 

So yeah Dogopoly, Life, Clue, Cards Against Humanity, Apples to Apples.

Card-wise: Uno, Rummy, BS (although my family had to change the name to Malarkey..) Trash, Solitaire. 

DOGOPOLY IS LIFE I HAVE IT ALSO

I love board games.  I don't have a particular favourite, but interestingly, a board game cafe has opened near me and I can't wait to go and try out all the games I don't know!!!!

My D&D group has been playing Eldritch Horror lately, and even though we keep losing it's a lot of fun! I've really enjoyed the roleplaying aspect of it. 

My family is really into board games as well; we usually play Bananagrams, Funglish, or Scattergories, and my dad bought my mom Liar's Dice for Christmas. 

Recently got introduced to Ticket to Ride & love it!!! Great game! Also enjoy Dogopoly, Cards against Humanity, Apples to Apples, Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, Life, Blokus, Clue, and Yah-tzee.

I love Apples to Apples, In a Pickle, Scattergories, Bananagrams, Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, and I've lost count of how many times people tell me I would love Cards Against Humanity…even though I still have never had the chance to play it!

Boardgames : Evolution (kind of like the videogame Spore but in boardgame form, you evolve a species), King Of Tokyo, Epic Spell Wars Battle Wizards: Duel. 

Card games : Skip Bo

Another Arkham Horror fan here! I also like Ticket to Ride, as well as a somewhat similar game called "Thurn und Taxis" (in which you build mail routes across Renaissance Germany). Also, worker placement games like Agricola and Lords of Waterdeep (both of which I now have as apps on my phone :D). And some friends introduced me to Dominion recently, so I want to try out some more deck-building games as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Magic the gathering, star trek attack wing, chess, checkers, Klingon monopoly, Klin Zha and battleship

Chess, checkers, monopoly, battleship, cards against humanity. I love board games(and all games haha). Also like yugioh if that counts

• 2 weeks later...

Archived