Sneeze Fetish Forum

Movie Theater Coughing

starsoup

This happened quite awhile ago, but I never forgot it and since I was just reading about coughing, I thought I would share.  It was a few months after Les Miserables came out so the theater was less than half full but it was still winter.  This very attractive and extreme sports looking couple sat down two rows of front of me.  I actually had the thought that they looked super healthy like they just rolled off the mountain from snowboarding all day.  The guy was a real Bro kind of guy.  I also had the thought as to how that particular girl got that particular guy to come to see Les Miserables.  

About 30 minutes into the movie the guy started coughing, it was just a little at first, and he was coughing pretty quietly but by half way through it wasn't so quiet anymore.  Sometimes he was coughing so hard the girl would rub his back and offer his drink.  I would have thought he was doing it to get out of the movie but it was a real wet, congested and sick sounding cough.  A couple of people who were seated closer to them moved seats.  He left the theater a couple of times himself, but his girlfriend never moved and he kept coming back.  By the end of the movie, and it was a really long movie, he was coughing pretty much non-stop.  Even I, who was kind of enjoying it, wanted to kick his girlfriend in the head and tell her to take him home.  He coughed pretty much from the time Jean Valjean died through the finale song, choking congested coughs while leaning over.  

They left the second the credit started to roll.

When I finally left the theater, I saw him sitting on the bench next to the ladies room.  He was bundled up in his winter coat looking miserable.  His girlfriend came out of the bathroom and lead him by the arm.  I heard her say, "Let's go, so I can put you to bed.".  That was sweet, but it probably would have been sweeter had she not dragged him to Les Miserables.

Gahhh! I would have been torn between loving it and being annoyed too! There's something so much more annoying about a fit of coughs than there is about a fit of sneezes. I guess coughs are harder to keep quiet! Poor guy <3 

• 6 months later...

Archived