Sneeze Fetish Forum

Chanel's Folly (2017-2020 Drabbles) Updated Feb 16

Chanel_no5

These were so much fun to read! I really loved this exchange between Theresa and Bernard and the fact that her body gave him a compliment and thus she had to repeat it to him. I mean, without the sneezes, she might just silently have enjoyed what he had done, but like this, her body forced her to have this sweet exchange (ok, sweet, with a generous helping of naughty and eyebrow-wiggle ^^ :naughty: )

On 7/23/2018 at 11:34 PM, Chanel_no5 said:

“Oh, I’m flattered.”

"You should be,” she says and laughs. “It must be more than a decade since last time it happened. HUhhhAARSSHHooo!

“Bless you,” he says, and now he’s grinning broadly.

“Oh believe me, you’ve blessed me already,” she replies. “Four times in the past hour,” she adds with a playful wink before she heads for the door and returns to work

The ending was my favourite part, because you added these huge sneeze at the end of her sentence, almost as if to make a point of just HOW good it was :D And he's just becoming more and more flattered, but then does not say anything. That gave me a lot of good, deep vibes concerning their relationship :inlove:

The second piece/ first Voyager piece (depending on what calendar you use... normal, or Voyager, then you could either have "BJ" (before Janeway) or "AD" (after Delta Quadrant) ^^

So, the first AD drabble includes one of my new all-time favourite expressions which I shall add to my fetish vocabulary and will love and treasure forever:

“violently compassionate”

:heart::heart::heart: 

And it fits B'Elanna so perfectly! I could hear her voice clearly in my head, how she tries to hold back, but can't because the situation is just too much for her and she has been watching it for far too long already... You did a perfect job conveying Janeway's mannerisms as well. The way a part of her insists in order and to sticking to the rules of the game, but that other part which has changed since they started their adventure in the Delta Quadrant and which has grown to like and trust B'Elanna as a very dear and reliable friend (or "friend" *insert naughty eyebrow-wiggle emoji here* (<-- I don't want to use that little guy too much. He told me he needs a break, because he has to work way too hard whenever I comment on your writing :P) )

Janeway looks as if she’s torn between anger and gratitude.

“B’Elanna, I won’t tolerate anyone speaking to me like that, and you know that,” she finally says, and despite how sick she sounds, her usual firmness has crept back into her voice, if only for the time being.

“I’m sorry, Captain,” B’Elanna says, softer now, taking a deep breath. “Permission to speak freely?”

Now you’re asking?” Janeway says, raising her eyebrows, but there’s a tiny hint of a smile on her lips. B’Elanna only looks back at her. Janeway sighs and makes a tired gesture with her hands. “Permission granted.”

This up there is what I'm talking about... :inlove: :wubsmiley:

Note: Promptless (and sneezeless) 100 word drabble, just because it happened and I didn't have the heart to just throw it away. :lol: 

I'm glad you didn't! You know that I loved that one and I am happy to see it here as well for others to enjoy and have a good laugh at Seven's antics :D

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• tenderwarrior

• Subtly Clashing Wishes

• Leafeon78

Omfg I haven't been on the forum much in the past few months but coming back to find that you've started writing Voyager fanfic is THE BEST. I was obsessed with this show in middle school. Love the way you capture the Janeway/B'Elanna angry caretaking dynamic (lol) and would just die if you ever wrote a story where the roles were reversed :) 

Awww loved the drabble with Theresa. I syphoned the happiness she had with Bernard and it was just a great feel good story. I know we usually like miserable Theresa but this was another side I enjoyed. 

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, Selene said:

(ok, sweet, with a generous helping of naughty and eyebrow-wiggle ^^ :naughty: )

That's the best kind of sweet, though! :P Thank you so much! :heart:  

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, Selene said:

And it fits B'Elanna so perfectly! I could hear her voice clearly in my head, how she tries to hold back, but can't because the situation is just too much for her and she has been watching it for far too long already... You did a perfect job conveying Janeway's mannerisms as well. The way a part of her insists in order and to sticking to the rules of the game, but that other part which has changed since they started their adventure in the Delta Quadrant and which has grown to like and trust B'Elanna as a very dear and reliable friend (or "friend" *insert naughty eyebrow-wiggle emoji here* (<-- I don't want to use that little guy too much. He told me he needs a break, because he has to work way too hard whenever I comment on your writing :P) )

Thank you!! I never understood why B'Elanna was supposed to be so difficult, I really liked her, you couldn't get a more loyal friend (except maybe Janeway). So those two together would be :boom::heart:  Oh you think that guy works too hard?? These guys:  :twisted::shifty: don't have an easy working environment either! :hug: 

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:17 PM, lifelove1 said:

and would just die if you ever wrote a story where the roles were reversed :) 

Please don't die... :lol: I hope you'll enjoy the little piece I created for you, but not so much I'll have a life on my conscience. :P 

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:51 AM, Reader said:

Awww loved the drabble with Theresa. I syphoned the happiness she had with Bernard and it was just a great feel good story. I know we usually like miserable Theresa but this was another side I enjoyed. 

We like naughty Theresa as well. ;) Well, I mean, I like all flavours of Theresa, but... she's always best with Bernard. ^^ 

Prompt: Antagonistic 
Fandom: Westworld
Note: I wrote the drabble first, then I realised it fit this prompt. :yay: Stuffy-talk spellings in this one, I usually don't do too much of that but I went crazy and loose with this one. :P 

HUH-NGTSH! Ugh…”

“I’m already awake Tess, don’t try to hold them in for my sake,” Bernard mumbled, rolled over and put his hand on her back. “Guess you were wrong about feeling better in the morning then, huh?”  

“I’b going to fucking kill Charlotte Hale,” Theresa groaned and rubbed her nose with both hands.

“You probably want to wait until after the meeting though,” he said. “It would be difficult to start a briefing with ‘I just killed the executive director’.”

Theresa laughed, which turned into a cough.

“Ugh, listed to be,” she said thickly. “I c-cah… hah… cad hardly speak…. haaAERSSSHHoo! Ugh, fuck. She’s godda have a fucking field day. Ugh, that bitch sdeezed right into by face od purpose!"

She sat up, pulled a tissue from the box on the nightstand and blew her nose fiercely. Right after getting rid of the tissue, her eyes narrowed, and her mouth opened as another sneeze began to take hold of her. “Hahh… aehh… HAAESCHOOO! Fuck!”

Bernard had propped himself up on one elbow, watching her fighting with her elegant but very itchy nose.

“Is it just me, or do you curse even more than usual when you’re sick?”

Theresa pinched the tip of her nose.

“I curse bore thad usual whed I’b angry,” she clarified. “And being sick is dot sobething that bakes me happy.”

He chuckled, gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, and got out of bed to get dressed.

Please try not to kill Miss Hale today,” he said. “Just make it through the meeting and I promise I’ll have chicken soup ready for you tonight.”

Theresa blew her nose again, so hard she almost felt dizzy afterwards. At least this effort made her nose somewhat clearer.

“What’s with Americans and this obsession with chicken soup anyway?” she wondered.

“What do Danes eat when they’re sick, then?” he shot back. “Rød pølse?"

“Oh God,” she said, laughing so hard she began to cough once more. “Bernie, promise me you’ll never try to speak Danish again.”

“If you promise not to get yourself hanged for murder.”

Theresa sniffled and shook her head.

“Deal.”

Prompt: Suspicious
Fandom: Star Trek: Voyager 
Note: For obvious reasons I tend to only write the character I personally crush on when I write fandoms... BUT, I like B'Elanna just fine, and I'm not opposed to some Janeway caretaking, and I LOVE that somebody else is into what I'm into, so here, we, go! :yay: 

”AEERSHHHoo!”

B’Elanna Torres doubled over with the violent, throat-ripping sneeze, gaining the attention of everyone in the room.

“Bless you,” Tom Paris finally said, looking a bit shocked. B’Elanna gave her nose an angry rub and tried not to take out the same annoyance on her fellow officers.

“Sorry,” she snapped, looking down at the PADD in front of her, hoping nobody would pursue the matter. Everybody sneezed at some point, didn’t they? Just because she wasn’t a frequent sneezer didn’t mean she never did it, right? Even the Captain had sneezed in public on a few occasions, and…

She glanced up, accidentally meeting the Captain’s eye. And it was not just a passing look, those sharp blue eyes were studying her intently.

Shit.

If there was one person in the galaxy that B’Elanna never wanted to appear weak in front of, it was Kathryn Janeway. There was just no way to measure up to that woman. She wasn’t unreasonable, far from it, but she always demanded the very best from her crew, and even more from herself. B’Elanna desperately wanted to be seen by her, really, truly seen, but not in an unflattering light like this.

This was a cold, she was sure of it; it waltzed through engineering staff and if she had been too proud to think she would catch it, well, hello B’Elanna, wake up and… right, you can’t smell the coffee, or anything else for that matter.

“That’ll be all,” Janeway concluded. “Dismissed.”

B’Elanna lingered for a moment, pressing a knuckle to her left nostril in a hopefully discreet attempt to hold back another sneeze. She could usually hold back, but once the sneeze was in progress, there was no chance for her to stifle it. The curse of being half-Klingon, she supposed.

Oh God it wasn’t working. She cupped both hands in front of her face and tried to keep the subsequent outburst as quiet as possible, which didn’t say much when it came to her.

“HA-uRSCHHoo!”

When she straightened up again, she felt a hand on her shoulder.

“Bless you, B’Elanna.”

“Thank you, Captain.”

She couldn’t get to her feet fast enough, scrambling to get out of there before she embarrassed herself again, but this very rush led to her tripping herself. Before she took a tumble, Janeway grabbed hold of her with both hands and steadied her. B’Elanna hung her head, feeling awkward and feverish and defeated.

“Now, Lieutenant, I suggest you take a little trip to sickbay,” the Captain’s husky voice said right next to her ear. “I’ve been suspicious about your health conditions since yesterday, but I didn’t want to say anything before I was certain, because I know how stubborn you are.”

“Really?” B’Elanna heard herself say. “And just how stubborn am I?”

Janeway chuckled, not one bit deterred.

“About the same as I am, if I were to guess. You’re going to deny that’s a cold until it’s obvious beyond a doubt, and at that point, you’re going to insist you can work through it anyway.”

“Well, you got me,” B’Elanna replied, too tired to think of a better answer.

“Not yet, I think, but I’m working on it,” Janeway replied, and when she rubbed the chief engineer’s shoulder there was a gentleness to the touch that B’Elanna had never felt before. “Go see the doctor, B’Elanna. And then go to your quarters and rest. You’re taking the rest of the day off.”

“But…”

“That’s an order, Lieutenant.”

"Yes Captain."

On 8/3/2018 at 8:51 PM, Chanel_no5 said:
On 7/28/2018 at 1:17 PM, lifelove1 said:

and would just die if you ever wrote a story where the roles were reversed :) 

Please don't die... :lol: I hope you'll enjoy the little piece I created for you, but not so much I'll have a life on my conscience. :P 

Nope, that's it. I'm dead askdfjbsdkgbsdfgk 💀 💀 💀

(I will resurrect myself long enough to say: seriously, you're the best. This is SO sweet and perfectly in-character and wonderful. I love how you've succinctly captured the dynamic of B'Elanna wanting so badly to prove herself to Janeway, and that desire (that they share) of wanting to be superhuman. Plus those intimate little moments of contact... ugh just perfect 😍

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:35 AM, lifelove1 said:

Nope, that's it. I'm dead askdfjbsdkgbsdfgk 💀 💀 💀

(I will resurrect myself long enough to say: seriously, you're the best. This is SO sweet and perfectly in-character and wonderful. I love how you've succinctly captured the dynamic of B'Elanna wanting so badly to prove herself to Janeway, and that desire (that they share) of wanting to be superhuman. Plus those intimate little moments of contact... ugh just perfect 😍

Awww, thank you so much!! :heart:  I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and you're most welcome! If I get inspiration and ideas for it, I might definitely write more B'Elanna in the future. :D 

And now, on to today's harvest of pointless writing… :lol: 

Prompt: Convict
Fandom: Castle Rock
Note: So, I’m casually watching Castle Rock. The newest warden on Shawshank, T. Porter, is sort of my type. So, I thought I’d write a drabble on her instead of Theresa just to mix things up a bit. Then a funny thing happened. In the latest episode, one of Warden Porter’s superiors calls her by her first name. Which is Theresa. :rofl: Synchronicities, man…! :lol: So, apparently that is a very common name in that generation, but these are, for real, the first two Theresas I’ve ever encountered in fiction, which, considering how similar the characters are, I thought was pretty funny. ANYWAY.

“So what do we do?” the new warden said, throwing her arms out. “He’s not a convict, has no record of anything, so we can’t hold him. But if he goes out there, and he rediscovers the ability to talk, that’s a public relations disaster.”

“We could give him a roommate…”

She looked up, feeling hopeful for the first time since she set foot in this place, but before she could say anything, that irritating tickle in her nose flared up again, and her breath began to hitch.

“S-sorry, I have to… hehh… sneeze… hahhISSHHoo! HaISSHH! Hahh… aaISSCH-chew!” She sneezed against her wrist, sighing deeply when the small fit was over.

“Bless you. Coming down with something?” Reeves, her assistent, asked. She shook her head.

“Allergies.”

“This time of year?”

“Ragweed.” She waved it off. “Back to the subject of our latest guest?”

“I can make the problem go away. We have inmates that collect life sentences, if you know what I mean.”

Warden Porter nodded.

“Make the arrangements.”

As he left her office, she leaned forward, hiding her face in her hands as she tried – and failed – to suppress another bout of sneezes.

“Hah-NKTsshew! Tsschew! HEH-tSSCHihh!”

She really didn’t need her allergies to act up on top of everything else. Usually they were so mild she didn’t bother taking anything for them, but the way she felt today, she would definitely have to stop by a drugstore and pick up some antihistamines after work.

“AAAIISSCHooo!”

And tissues. Plenty of tissues. 

Prompt: Mainstream (bear with me, it comes right at the end. :lol: )
Fandom: Westworld
Note: Hey, give me a break, at least I TRIED to write another character than Theresa doing the sneezing...! :rolleyes::lol:   

“What’s going on?” Theresa asked as she swept into the room.

“You wanted us to let you know if there’s so much as an unscripted sneeze, remember?” Bernard said. Theresa crossed her arms.

“Yes? So what happened?”

“Well…” Bernard looked like he wasn’t sure whether to laugh or cry. “There literally has been unscripted sneezing.”

“Are you making this up, because I don’t have time for any fucking…”

A sudden, wet, feminine sneeze interrupted her. Theresa gave Bernard a look before walking over to the chair where Clementine Pennyfeather sat, wearing her full hooker’s outfit. Theresa blinked in surprise as she took in the appearance of the host before her. Clementine’s pale green eyes were rimmed with red and tears trickled out of them and fell down her cheeks. Her nose was a rich, rosy pink, and her nostrils twitched as she sniffled.

“The hosts can sneeze when their motor functions are frozen?” Theresa asked.

“Normally I would say no,” Bernard said as he came up to her, putting his glasses on. “But I guess poor Clementine really needs to sneeze,” he shrugged.

Theresa crossed her arms again.

“Clementine is not real. She can’t sneeze if she’s not programmed to.”

“Actually, they do have human responses to irritations in the airways. They do cough and sneeze. And for the same reason humans do; to clean out the system. But that only goes for physical irritants, like grains of sand. This rather looks like…”

“Allergies,” Theresa interrupted. “Yes, unfortunately I’m familiar with that. Would you mind telling me how the fuck an android can develop allergies? They don’t have immune system that can get corrupted.”

“In a way I guess you could say the antivirus software is their immune system…”

At that moment, Clementine’s chest heaved with two hitching breaths, and then she bobbed forward with a whole fit, five sneezes in rapid sequence. Theresa swore she could hear the sneezes sound more desperate and tired the longer the fit went on. Having pretty miserable allergies herself, she actually felt a moment’s pity for the android woman.

Then it struck her.

“I don’t think this has anything to do with the other hosts going off loop. Check her programming. See if she’s been programmed to have allergic responses to something.”

“We haven’t programmed anything like that.”

“Check.”

“HeeeIISSSHHH!”

Clementine nearly doubled over her lap with this sneeze.

“That’s odd.” Bernard said. “You’re right. Well, at least that’s easily fixed.”

“Yeah, unlike mine,” Theresa muttered, but truth be told today wasn’t one of her bad allergy days, and the meds seemed to keep up well.

“I have no idea who coded her that way, though,” Bernard admitted as he began erasing the software.

“I think I do,” Theresa said. “Get Clementine fixed up and send her back out.”

As she left the glass cubicle, she heard Clementine sneeze again, and Bernard mumbling

“Don’t worry Clementine, you’ll feel better in a minute.”

Theresa hurried down the corridor and walked into another cubicle without knocking.

“So, Miss Hughes, care to explain Clementine’s mystery affliction?”

Elsie looked at her with a very guilty and very embarrassed expression on her face. Theresa put her hands on her hips, towering over the younger woman like a bad omen.

“Oh fuck.”

”Oh fuck sounds about right. Let me guess. You wanted to see if it could be done, because that’s what you would enjoy. Oh, I know we’ve had – probably still have - employees that flat out fuck the hosts when they’re in for repairs and memory purge, so compared to that, your little kink isn’t as bad. Not exactly mainstream, but compared to what some of the guests like, it’s pretty tame.”

“How the fuck do you know…?” Elsie was gobsmacked, not only by Theresa’s apparent knowledge of her secret, but also by how indifferent she sounded.

“We monitor everything on the location. Including your private internet sessions. And even if we didn’t, I’ve seen how flustered and aroused you get when I have an allergy attack. Considering your open dislike for me, I doubt that sudden interest has anything to do with me, but rather my allergies.”

Elsie was completely slack-jawed, unable to think of a response.

“I don’t give a fuck about your fantasies, that’s none of my business, but what happens in Westworld is. No more experiments with the hosts, Miss Hughes. You’ll have to satisfy your fetish elsewhere. Understood?”

Elsie nodded, and when Theresa left, she just sat there, feeling like she had just been roasted by dragon’s fire.

• 2 weeks later...

:whistle: 

Prompt: Shaking
Note: I am going to move on to the trade fics I have in progress after this, but it happened and I had to write it while it was still happening. :P 

“You look tired,” Bernard observed as he opened the door to let Theresa in.

“I am,” she replied, rubbing her temples. “And I have a splitting headache.”

“Have you taken anything for it?” he asked.

“Yeah, I took an Aspirin earlier. It never really kicked in.”

“Do you want some wine?”

“No,” Theresa said. “I want you. I’ve longed for you since Sunday.”

He cupped her cheek, leaning in for a kiss. Theresa responded eagerly to it, but just as the kiss started to become passionate, she reluctantly broke it off and turned away, doubling over with a convulsing, desperate, annoyed sneeze. 

AaEESCHHoo! Ugh, fuck.”

“Whoa, bless you,” Bernard said, chuckling a little. “You okay?”

“Yeah. Sorry. Let's pretend that never happened.”

“Fine by me. Come here beautiful,” he said, pulling her back into his arms. Theresa huddled up close to him, shivering.

“You’re shaking Tess, what’s wrong?”

“I’m so cold. Warm me up, Bernie,” she said. “I’ve been freezing all day.”

“You can’t be chilled in here though, can you?” Bernard asked.

“Yes. You mean to tell me you don’t think it’s chilly here?”

“I’m warm. And so are you,” he said, raising a hand and placing it on her forehead. “Hm. That’s what I thought. You have a fever.”

“I don’t have a fever,” Theresa objected, but she let his hand stay where it was, enjoying his touch.  

“You have a fever, a headache, and you keep sneezing. I’d say you’re getting sick.”

“I’ve sneezed twice in one day, that’s hardly evidence of a-ahh… anythihh… anything…” Theresa pressed the back of her hand against her nose to force the tickle to retreat, but it was too late. She had to give in to another overwhelming, unstoppable sneeze.

AAESSHH!”

“You were saying?” Bernard said, smiling. Theresa glared at him.

“I’m fine, Bernie.”

“Nah, you’re definitely coming down with something.”

“No,” she insisted, but the objection came out more as a moan. “I’ve really waited for this night. It’s been five days since we slept together.”

“I know,” he said, running his fingers through her hair. “You think I don’t count the days too?”

She sighed and pulled loose.

“Maybe I should get back to my place,” she said.

“No, stay,” he said, grabbing her arm. “Please.”

“You want me here if I’m sick?” she said.

“Yes,” he said without hesitation. “And as long as you feel well enough to be up for it…” he didn’t finish the sentence, only gave her a crooked smile.

“Oh, I’m definitely well enough for that,” Theresa said, reaching for him, placing his arms around her waist.

“You’re still shaking,” Bernard mumbled.

“Believe me, this fever is something else entirely,” Theresa replied and kissed him.

Thank you so much!! No, I try to avoid standing in the way of my muse (as demonstrated right now... :rolleyes: ), she's like a bulldozer, that's a painful endeavour. :lol: 

And that is why the above drabble got a continuation that I didn't plan. :P 

Prompt: Tomorrow 
Note: Continuation from Shaking

Afterwards, Theresa got out of bed.

“You’re not leaving now, are you?” Bernard asked. Theresa shook her head, unable to speak as she was mid-buildup.

“Hehhh… ehhh… eeAARSHHOO!” The force of the harsh sneeze almost had her stumbling as she left the room. 

“Of course not,” Bernard muttered as a reply to himself. “Otherwise you would have put on clothes.”

“Heard that,” Theresa called back from the bathroom. “You truly are the master of observations.” She chuckled, and he rolled his eyes, but smiling anyway.

Theresa blew her nose, then returned to the bedroom, bringing a handful of tissues with her.

“Last chance to kick me out,” she said. “Not only am I probably contagious, but I’m also, without a doubt, going to snore tonight.”

Bernard, who knew what Theresa didn’t; namely that she snored to some extent every night, only lifted the blanket to let her back into the warmth.

“I don’t care. Come back to bed.”

Theresa, still feeling like she simply couldn’t get warm enough, didn’t have to be told twice. She climbed into bed and huddled up close to Bernard, savouring his body heat.

“Sorry about this,” she said. “It’s not exactly how we planned our Friday night, is it?”

“All I care about is that you’re here,” he replied, slowly caressing her hair. Theresa curled up even closer.

“Just for the record, I’m not being clingy. I’m just cold.”

“I know,” he said, allowing her to keep this remnant of pride despite knowing better.

Gradually, Theresa relaxed in his arms, and when he thought she was drifting off to sleep, she mumbled:

“That was a lie, by the way.”

“Hm? What was?” he asked, half asleep himself.

“I am clingy right now.”

“Yes you are, and I like that.”

She chuckled a little, coughed, and sighed.

“I’m really not freezing anymore, but I don’t want you to let go.”

“Good, because I don’t want to. Go to sleep now, and you’ll feel better tomorrow.”

This time it was Theresa who refrained from pointing out the lie. She knew the signs, and she was perfectly well aware that she would wake up tomorrow with a full-blown head cold… but she appreciated his effort to comfort her nevertheless.

• 4 weeks later...

Prompt: River
Fandom: Original 
Note: Say hello to my OC who will be featured in my NaNoWriMo challenge. ^^ Her name isn't revealed here simply because I haven't actually found a fitting name for her yet. :) 

She had been daydreaming in the saddle, and roused back to focus when the horse turned off the trail. Zip knew the park as well as she did; maybe better, and he knew the best spot to have drink of fresh water down by the river.

“Thirsty, huh?” she said, letting the reins hang loose. “Well, I’m not surprised. It’s hot today.”

She leaned back and looked up at the cloudless sky while Zip dipped his head to drink. It was a gorgeous day in late spring, but the slight itch in her eyes and even slighter tickle in her nose told her it was about time she started taking her allergy meds. It was pretty ironic; a park ranger with pollen allergies, but it usually only lasted a couple of weeks and was mild enough to keep in check with over the counter meds.

The bright light of the sun aggravated the tickle, and without bothering to cover, she sneezed wetly twice in a row.

“Heh-tSSCHuh! Hah-ISHHoo!”

Zip finished drinking, raised his head and shook it violently.

“Sorry if I disturbed the peace, Your Highness,” she said, giving him a pat on the neck. “Ready to get going?”

Zip gave a snort and began to turn back to the trail. She didn’t bother taking the reins. Zip knew where to go, and it was just a routine round either way. Allergies or not, she couldn’t imagine not working outside, in nature’s splendour. There really was no better job in the world.  

Prompt: Impulsive
Note: These two haunt my imagination. :inlove:  Soooo, I'm sorry if others are tired of them, but I'm not, so this will continue. :P 

“You’ve got hay in your…”

“I’ve got hay everywheeESCHHoo! Everywhere,” Theresa cut him off, rubbed her nose with both hands and groaned. “Fuck, I’m s-so itch-hehh… itTSCHy! Ugh, itchy. Haah-ERSSHoo!

“I take it you didn’t know you were allergic to hay,” Bernard said as he picked the straws of hay out of her hair.

“Impressive conclusion, oh Bernard, master of observations,” she snapped before being completely conquered by another volley of sneezes, breathless and harsh outbursts of allergic agony.

“Do you…”

“Could you not interrupt me? I’m t-trying to… sneeze… hehhAASSCHHoo! AEESSHH! HAH-ERRSHHHoo!”

“Sounds to me you’re pretty successful in doing so,” Bernard said. Theresa’s watery eyes shot daggers at him, but he only smiled in response.  

“That’s the first and only time we act on an impulse like that,” Theresa sniffled. “Fuck!”

“It was a bit too impulsive,” he agreed.

Theresa, seemingly finished having her allergy attack, nodded.

“It was almost worth it, though.”

“Only almost, huh?”

“It was worth it.”  

My goal for today was to get SOMETHING written. I never said anything about the quality, but at least I did get something written. So :cheers: for me! 

Prompt: Heating
Fandom: Inferno (movie version)
Note: I watched Inferno yesterday. I… like SBK’s nose a lot. :dribble:  And she plays the head of the WHO. So that, as my dear @Selene put it, screams and begs for a sickfic. I managed a drabble, at least. ^_^ 

“I hope you don’t mind, Robert,” Elizabeth said after ordering the driver to crank up the heat.

“No, not at all,” he said, still trying to put everything in place. Elizabeth gave him a brief smile as she fished out a tissue from her jacket pocket, held it up to her face in both hands, and with much effort stifled a sneeze.

“Bless you,” he said. Elizabeth shook her head, still with the tissue covering her nose and mouth. Her eyes slowly closed once more, and she took several hitching breaths before sneezing again, twice in a row. The first one was another fiercely contained stifle, the second sounded like it actually offered some relief.

“HeeAASCHoo!”

She blew her nose softly, folded the tissues, then rubbed her nose with them until the skin around her nostrils had taken on a delicate, tender rosy shade.

“You actually don’t sound very healthy yourself,” Langdon pointed out to the head of the World Health Organisation.

“I’m not,” Elizabeth replied with a sigh. “At least what I have is just the common cold. Quite annoying, but I’d take that over Zobrist’s plague any day.”

“And I assume a sick day is not to be considered…?” he said with a sly side glance.

Elizabeth shivered lightly. He frowned. Apparently, the heating still wasn’t good enough.

“I would take one if I could, but in case you haven’t noticed, this is rather urgent.”

She cleared her throat, sniffed lightly, and then took out a fresh tissue just in time to catch another sneeze. This time she tried her very best to keep it bottled up into yet another useless stifle. He chuckled.

“I remember that spring we went to Paris, when everything was in full bloom.”

Elizabeth groaned as she dabbed at her nostrils.

“Please don’t refresh my memory about that.”

“What I mean is that I’ve seen you sneeze yourself out of breath, and then sneeze some more just for good measure. You don’t have to be embarrassed in front of me. Just let them out.”

“Since we’re chasing an unknown pathogen that could cause a deadly pandemic, I think everyone, including myself, would feel a lot less anxious if I didn’t sneeze at all.”

He nodded.

“You may have a point there.”

This drabble was kind of a mindblowing read because I've earlier re-watched that little trailer thingy introducing Sidse's character in the movie, but my main mental image I have for her is as Theresa from Westworld. So reading this became an unexpectedly wild ride as I kept picturing Theresa, thinking "Wow, she's gotten better at stifling sneezes" or "Woah, she certainly has become a lot more considerate since she pays attention not to sneeze over everybody and everything.

Then, however, I realised that my mind had gone into crossover-mood and pictured the wrong character for Sidse in this scene :lol:

I mean... this does not sound like Theresa at all:

1 hour ago, Chanel_no5 said:

“Since we’re chasing an unknown pathogen that could cause a deadly pandemic, I think everyone, including myself, would feel a lot less anxious if I didn’t sneeze at all.”

:D

13 hours ago, Selene said:

I mean... this does not sound like Theresa at all:

14 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

:D

Hahahahah, no, it very much doesn't! :rofl: 

I did toy with the idea of giving her the same sneeze traits as Theresa, and have Langdon point out to Elizabeth how contradictive she is, but then I decided nah, let's go with actual different characteristics. :lol: 

3 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

I did toy with the idea of giving her the same sneeze traits as Theresa, and have Langdon point out to Elizabeth how contradictive she is, but then I decided nah, let's go with actual different characteristics. :lol:

I loved that you've changed her sneeze-aesthetics since Sidse is playing a different character here and you're not writing real person fics, but fics for specific fandoms. And just like seeing the same actress perform in different roles, seeing her perform different sneeze-scenarios with different sneeze-characteristics is very interesting and keeps your readers on their toes :naughty:

• 2 weeks later...

I took a little break in writing of another fic, to scribble down a couple of drabbles. ^_^ Aaaand here they are. 

Prompt: Uninformed
Fandom: Big Love
Note: So, I figured it was about time I wrote something other than Westworld, and I wanted to do some cat allergies, because I rarely do. ^^

Ever since arriving at their neighbour's house that evening, Barb had had an infuriating tickle in the back of her nose, and it just wouldn’t go away. She had no idea why, until a demanding “meow!” came from the hallway.

“Oh. You have a cat.”

Pam laughed as she grabbed the fluffy feline and lifted him up on her lap. Barb watched in horror how cat hair soared in the air as Pam patted the animal.

“Not just one cat, we have three. They’re our babies, right, Carl?”

Carl smiled and nodded. Bill smiled as well, but his smile was uncomfortable. He knew exactly what this would lead to. He put a hand on Barb’s arm, gently rubbing it.

“Do you have any pets?” Pam asked, not quite yet picking up on the awkward silence from their guests.

“Um, no, no we don’t,” Barb said, pressing the back of her hand against her nose. The actual presence of the cat might have been the cause for the intensifying urge to sneeze, but it was also possible that it was mostly psychosomatic. “I’m, uh… hahh… a little bit ah-allehh… allergISSHoo! Allergic, excuse me.”

“Oh I’m so sorry, I didn’t know…” Pam stammered and let the cat back down on the floor. Actually, Barb had almost preferred that she didn’t; even more cat hair and dander was released in the air, and now she was certain a complete allergy attack was imminent.

“I think we may have to leave,” Bill said. Barb was unable to get any words out, she had pinched her nose and tried to stifle a bout of tickly, desperately allergic sneezes while tears formed in her itchy eyes.

“Yes, of course, I’m so sorry Barb,” Pam said, looking terribly embarrassed.

“It was an oversight on our part,” Bill reassured her while putting an arm around his sneezy wife and beginning to escort her towards the door. “We usually remember to ask about that in advance.”

Barb struggled valiantly to keep the sneezing fit stifled, but the longer she stifled, the worse the tickle became.

This was definitely not going to be a pleasant evening.

Prompt: Melodramatic
Note: So, I decided to see if I could write Theresa being a whiner and still keep her in character. It wouldn’t have worked with her alone, but with a little help of Bernard, I actually think it works…? :lol: 

Theresa came in when Bernard was finished adding a couple of features to one of the hosts and was about to run a check.

She looked terrible.

“Morning. How are you feeling?” he asked, putting the tablet down. 

“Official versiod: I’b fide, it’s just a cold.”

“And the unofficial?”

“I’b dying.”

“That sounds a bit melodramatic for a cold.”

Theresa blew her nose. Even the noseblow sounded as exhausted as she looked, but her voice sounded slightly less congested afterwards, so it did some good, at least.

“This is a melodramatic cold.”

Bernard chuckled.

“You mean you have man-flu?”

Theresa was unable to respond, as her breath was hitching. Bernard doubted that was the first time she sneezed this morning.

“Hahh… AEESSSHHH! Oh God... aaaERSHHuh!”

“Bless you. So, do you want me to fuss over you, or pretend I don’t notice how miserable you are?”

“Both.”

“Ah, makes perfect sense.” Bernard’s sarcasm was never as venomous as Theresa’s, but it was certainly fully developed.

“Well, you don’t have to notice until, say, seven pm. Now, I want you to take a look at the programming of the animal hosts that came in last night.”

“Already done. I took care of it first thing. I’m just waiting for the result of the diagnostics to come in.”

“Good.” She took out a fresh tissue and looked like she steeled herself in preparation for the noseblow. And no wonder; by now, it had to hurt to just touch her poor nose. “I’ll be in my office, dying a slow and miserable death.”

“And I’ll be sympathetic at seven,” Bernard said, but he smiled to himself. Now, this was a new side of her that he had never seen before.

How interesting. 

Interesting indeed! :naughty: I'm all for slightly whiny Theresa with a generous helping of mildly sarcastic fuss-and-ignore-willing Bernard :heart:

Barb's cat allergy was described really well - the uncomfortable silence and stares once it was revealed that there was a cat. The mild embarrassment on both sides...

But you know that your Theresa and Bernard have stolen my heart, so I am biased and my squees  belong to them :P^_^

Thank you so much! :heart: 

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:27 AM, SAWlene said:

But you know that your Theresa and Bernard have stolen my heart, so I am biased and my squees  belong to them

Yeeaaahhh, I may have been very enthusiastic in spreading my squees over them.... :whistle::lol: 

Prompt: Abject
Fandom: Westworld (what else…? :rolleyes: Although after this update, I'll try to write something else. Also, I have an original trade fic brewing as well. :P
Note: Soooo… I continued from above drabble a bit further. :whistle: 

It was almost seven thirty when Bernard finally could sneak away from work and get to Theresa’s place. She was sitting on the sofa, wrapped in a blanket, with a cup of tea on the table in front of her, a box of tissues on her lap, and what looked like more than a dozen crumpled tissues scattered around her.

“For someone who’s officially only needed sympathy for half an hour, you look pretty bad.”

“Shut up.” Theresa spoke in a drenched voice. “Aah-UEERSCHuh! There’s dothing fuddy about this.”

“Well…” Bernard began with a bit of a smile. Theresa shook her head.

“Don’t be all light-hearted about this. I… hehh… aaERSSHugh! Oh by God… I feel like I’ve beed rud over by a traid.” She took several tissues from the box and buried her elegant but strikingly reddened nose into the whole wad, blowing fiercely. It sounded… messy. She lowered the tissues, folded them, brought them back up to her fever-flushed face, and blew her nose again, doing her best to rid herself of the thick congestion.  

Bernard had seen how chapped and inflamed her poor nose was, and he could only imagine how painful it must be. He walked up to the sofa and sat down next to her, putting an arm around her shoulders. Theresa resisted the comfort at first.

“I can fucking feel how contagious I am,” she said in a tone of stoic exhaustion.

“Ah. That explains Lee’s sudden panicky scavenging for Vitamin C supplements earlier.”

The comment was so unexpected it made her laugh, and the laugh in turn sent her into a raspy coughing fit.

“Sorry,” Bernard chuckled and pulled her closer. This time, Theresa didn’t try to resist. Coughing and laughing, she leaned against his shoulder as he soothingly caressed her hair. “Early to bed tonight?” he asked as both the cough and the laugh had subsided. She nodded, and he realised to his amusement that she was half asleep already. So she wasn’t just in a whiny mood today; she really did feel this lousy. “Poor little thing.”

“I'll be alright."

“I know. But right now, you’re a pretty sick Tess.”

She sniffled and leaned her forehead against his chest.

“Yeah. That I am.”

Prompt: Disposal
Note: Since Theresa was present when decommissioning human hosts, I decided she would be when taking animal hosts out of commission as well, just so no one would be able to sneak a host out in any way. Also because then I could toy with my headcanon that lovely Tess is allergic to android animals. :twisted: 

Why do I do this to myself? Theresa wondered. I know I’m allergic to these creatures, why didn’t I take an antihistamine and wait for it to kick in before coming here?

Because she was impatient to get the job done so she could go and take a shower before Bernard came over tonight. That was why.

The horse host that was to be cleared for disposal towered over the behaviour tech holding its reins, and Theresa felt the first tickly warnings of her allergies tease her nose.

“I don’t have all afternoon,” she said brusquely, “so would you mind getting the fucking thing ready?”

Elsie knew better than to talk back, but this was unusually harsh even from Theresa. She silently got the animal online, using her programming pad to have it turn back and forth in the small cubicle. Theresa watched its movements, her eyes getting increasingly itchy.

“So why is it taken out of commission?”

Elsie gave Theresa a strange look. The head of QA always knew what was going on. Always. Sometimes almost down to a subatomic level.

“Um, it’s too temperamental, disobeys orders and bites.”

“Bites?” Theresa brought one hand up to rub her itching nose. “I thought animal hosts couldn’t hurt people any more than human hosts can.”

“More like snapping, it hasn’t actually bitten anyone, but it…”

“Fine. Are there any other…”

Theresa interrupted herself with a desperate gasping inhale and turned to the side with a harsh, spraying sneeze.

“HaAARSSHHooo!”

“Bless you.” Elsie had to hold her tongue to not say something she might regret, frustrated by Theresa’s carelessness – how could a woman so disciplined and graceful just completely ignore the common courtesy of covering her sneezes? But even if she had spoken up, Theresa wouldn’t have heard her, because she sneezed loudly again, and then again, so close together it was almost a single sneeze.

“AAERSSHHoo-ESSHH!”

Out of breath, she straightened up, then continued;

“…any other issues with this host?”

Elsie stared at Theresa, almost in awe.

“Um, no… normally we’d just reprogram it, but this one seems to default back to this.”

Theresa nodded.

“Send it down to body shop for disposal. Tell them to let me know when they get to it-hh! Oh f-fuck… AESCHH! AESSCHHoo!”

Elsie hesitated, almost didn’t say anything, then she did.

“Are you coming down with something?”

“It’s just allergies.”

“Oh. At least you're not allergic to a robot horse, are you?” Elsie almost laughed, but the sharp glare she received efficiently put an end to that impulse.

“That’s precisely what I am, Miss Hughes.”

Theresa’s watery but still piercing blue eyes challenged Elsie to push the matter. The younger woman thought about doing just that, only because she was so tired of Theresa’s attitude, but decided that she’d rather spend tonight binging movies and snacks than getting extra-hours at work as punishment for fucking with the bitch queen of QA. So she settled for an:

“Oh. I didn’t know that’s possible.”

Theresa rolled her eyes.

“Trust me, somehow, it’s possible. Send it down for disposal and tell body shop to inform me in advance.”  

She turned around and left. Now she definitely needed to take a shower before Bernard came over.

That, and a double dose of antihistamines.

4 minutes ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Although after this update, I'll try to write something else.

Frankmy, it's alright if you don't manage. :rolleyes: I'm perfectly happy with your Westworld drabbles!!!

On 10/14/2018 at 9:20 PM, Chanel_no5 said:

“Bless you. So, do you want me to fuss over you, or pretend I don’t notice how miserable you are?”

“Both.”

“Ah, makes perfect sense.” Bernard’s sarcasm was never as venomous as Theresa’s, but it was certainly fully developed.

That was absolutely fantastic! "Whiny-Theresa" remains prefectly in character.

7 minutes ago, Chanel_no5 said:

“Ah. That explains Lee’s sudden panicky scavenging for Vitamin C supplements earlier.”

The comment was so unexpected it made her laugh

I must confess that I laughed too. :laughingsmiley:

Your Theresa and Bernard fics are great, don't feel like you HAVE to move on to something else.  Especially since you're clearly still enjoying this match up.

Thank you so much, guys!! 

Oh yes, I so enjoy this pairing... :inlove:  And I maaaaay stay in this OTP bliss for a while longer, although I WILL try to mix in some other fandoms as well just to shake things up a bit. However... I wasn't going to write anything drabble-y right now, since I have other stuff I need to work on and finish before November 1st, but this just pushed on and demanded to be written... and who am I to argue with silly drabbles wanting to get written? 

Prompt: Pattern 
Fandom: Ehhh… Westworld... :shy: 
Note: @SAWlene and I talked PJs, concluded that neither of us could picture Theresa in PJs but rather fancy silk nightgowns, but this topic and the prompt "Pattern" mixed in my head and this image emerged. I have zero defences. 

Bernard stepped inside, closed the door, and then just looked at her, grinning from ear to ear.

“What?” Theresa asked.

“I’ve just never seen you in pyjamas before.”

“Yeah, I’m sick, and I didn’t know you’d come over. Sorry if it disappoints that I don’t wear a silk negligée this once.”

Bernard chuckled.

“I'm not disappointed. What is that pattern?”

“Don’t!” Theresa snapped as he leaned in to have a closer look at her nightwear.

“You have a pyjama with a pattern of ladybugs.”

“I know what pattern my sick day PJs have, Bernard,” Theresa said, trying to sound haughty. “Do we have a problem with that?”

Bernard was laughing out loud at this point, but it was a kind laugh.

“No problem whatsoever. You’re adorable.”

Theresa crossed her arms, ready to deliver a snarky remark, but was interrupted by a sudden, desperate urge to sneeze.

“AAESHHHoo!”

“Bless you. Not to mention sneezy. Come on, let’s get you back to bed, La-”

“Don’t you dare,” Theresa said, sensing what was coming next, but Bernard dared.

“Lady Bug.”

“This is not funny.”

He looked her straight in the eyes, with his head tilted a bit to the side in his ‘oh, come on’-gesture, while smiling broadly.

“It’s not fucking funny,” Theresa persisted, but damn it, when he looked at her like that, she agreed; it was funny. Not that she was going to admit it, but yeah… maybe it was. A little bit.

“Okay, it’s not funny.” He gave her a quick kiss. “But you’re still adorable.”

• 5 weeks later...

Let's see here, I realised that if I'm going to finish these before the year is over, I need to write a couple a day, or thereabout… so I whipped up these two drabbles. One allergy, because I was in my old allergy-mode today, and one random dust. ^_^ 

Prompt: Abundant
Note: :whistle: 

Fuck you, Hale, Theresa thought with so much venom it could have killed the other woman in an instant. She would have had no regrets either. Who the hell decided to fill a room with flowers for a fucking staff meeting? Charlotte Hale, that’s who. And why would she do that?

Because Theresa had talked back to her. That’s all. It wasn’t on anything important, and it wasn’t like she had the power to override Hale’s decisions anyway, but she hadn’t meekly rolled over like a good underling, and that had annoyed Hale. Probably not even pissed her off, since she knew Theresa’s opinions didn’t matter, but she had been annoyed, and that was enough.

During the fling they’d had several years back, one of Theresa’s greatest regrets in life, Charlotte had found out which flowers Theresa was sensitive to. And which ones she was ridiculously allergic to. Lilies belonged to the latter group. Lilies, like the ones abundant on the conference room table, as if anyone on staff was here for some kind of scenic view.

Hale was late for the meeting, and Theresa wasn’t surprised. It was so obviously on purpose, to make Theresa marinate in the heavy fragrance of the fucking blossoms, inhaling the pollen because she had no other choice, until she was on the brink of an allergy attack and had to make it through the meeting while becoming an increasingly itchier, drippier mess.

Her eyes were burning. Her nose was starting to run. She sniffled wetly and heard to her own dismay that it sounded like a watery sob. It caught Bernard’s attention, and he shot a concerned look across the table. Theresa shook her head almost unnoticeably, to let him know it was nothing.

Theresa wasn’t embarrassed about sneezing, and that was a good thing because she was about to. She could feel the prickle spreading throughout her nose, like a wave of burning torture, and as much as she knew one sneeze would inevitably be followed by a whole series, it would feel so good to get this overwhelming intrusion of pollen out of her system. Only she knew that wasn’t going to happen as long as she was stuck in this room. By now, the air was saturated with pollen, she couldn’t take a single breath without sucking even more of the hellish floral dust into her nose.

Fuck you, Hale, she thought again as she raised a hand and rubbed the side of her nose, first down its whole length, and then massaging her itchiest nostril, feeling the squishy wetness move within. Ugh.

A couple of the other department managers gave her a look, but they averted their eyes when she sent a watery-eyed version of her infamous death glare their way.

Her breath began to hitch. She would have preferred it if she’d just flat out sneeze if she was going to, but apparently she had put so many restraints on herself by sheer willpower that she was locked in a struggle between getting the sneeze out or holding it back. She was almost over the edge, hovering right on the edge for several seconds, and then exhaled in something that sounded like a damp moan. Bernard looked at her again and his face – covered with an expression that was a mixture of alarm and compassion - told her everything she needed to know about her appearance. She was every bit as flushed and drippy as she felt.

Just as Theresa was moments away from unleashing that long-awaited sneeze, the door opened and Charlotte came inside, pressing a handful of tissues against her face. When she lowered them, Theresa saw just how red her nose was and how swollen and teary her eyes were.

“Meeting’s cancelled. S-some fucking asshole b-broughhh… EhTSSHoo! Brought a fucking dog into the… the… hehh… guest quarters...”

Her voice quivered and nearly cracked at the end, and she turned and hurried out of the room, sneezing one breathless sneeze after another.

“HeTSSHhew! Hehh… ah-ITSchew! HuhhISSHHew! Hehh… ehh-eeISCHoo!”

In the silence following her abrupt departure and the slamming of the door, Bernard muttered:

“I take it that means Hale’s allergic to dogs.”

He exchanged looks with Theresa.

“Quite a well-deserved irony,” he mumbled.

HaaRESSHHoo!” Theresa replied.

Prompt: Skeleton  
Fandom: The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix)
Note: This is just a little experiment of variation. :lol: 

“A house this old, it’s got to have a whole bunch of skeletons in the closet…” Hugh muttered as he looked through the old clothes left behind. “And lots of trash.”

Olivia opened the second closet and took out a box, which she proceeded to open.

“This isn’t all trash, though, look at… heh…!”

“Look at what?”

Olivia waved a hand in front of her face, either to get the cloud of dust away from her or to hurry the slowly building sneeze along. He couldn’t tell.

Hehh… ehhh… oh my goodness, c-come on…!”

Her chest rose and fell in erratic waves as the tickle played with her nose, and a tear clung to her lashes. Frustrated, she exhaled the lungful of dusty air she had gasped in a few moments earlier, shaking her head.

“I guess my prepared ‘bless you’ is no longer necessary,” Hugh joked. Olivia sniffled and ran her knuckles under her nose.

“I wouldn’t say that.” She sniffled again, her nostrils flaring. “I s-still need to… to… hehh… to sneeze… argh, it won’t come out…!”

“Need some help?”

Hugh laughed softly and took out a hat with a feather from the pile of clothes. He playfully held it out and tickled the tip of her nose.

“Huhhh… AaugTSSHuh!”

“Oh, I see the blessing does come in handy after all,”

She held up a finger.

“N-not yet…. aaaESSHhuh!” 

He chuckled.

“Now?”

“Now.”

“Bless you, Liv.”

He kissed her.

And the house, that hated displays of love and affection, seemed to withdraw from them for a moment, as if it couldn’t stand their gentle, human love. But even in this moment of respite, it weaved its plans to ruin them. 

Edited by Chanel_no5

Prompt: Asphyxiation (no, the drabble isn't that serious.)
Note: I wasn’t going to post this drabble at first, but… yeah. I need to finish this damn list sooner or later... :rolleyes: 

Theresa had been fighting against the blooming prickle in her nose for the entire four minutes she had been awake, but it was finally proving to be too much. She turned over on the side, away from Bernard, and succumbed to a rapid, insanely itchy sneezing fit.

“AEESSCH! AERSCHoo! HaaESSHH!”

Shaking her head, as if this would help, she reached for the box of tissues on the nightstand, sneezing twice more.

Once she had snatched a handful of tissues from the box, she sat up and blew her nose harshly.

Bernard watched her with slightly amused concern.

“Bless you. You okay?”

“No,” Theresa moaned into the tissue and blew her nose again. Her eyes were swollen and  overflowing with tears. “Allergies. Fuck, I totally forgot to gehhheeeTSSHHooo! Get antihistamines.”

“I didn’t even know you had allergies.”

“Started last year. And I usually don’t advertise them.”

“Well, consider this a shock advertisement,” Bernard chuckled, then rubbed her back. “You don’t have difficulty breathing, do you?”

“You think breathing is… ah-eeSCHHoo! HaERSHH! Easy when you keep s-sneezing like this? Heeh-eh-ASSCHoo!”

“You know what I mean,” Bernard said calmly, his hand still resting on her back. “You’re not at risk of asphyxiation, or anything like that?”

Theresa reined herself back in, knowing that he only meant well and that there was no need for her to take her annoyance out on him.

“No. I’m just sneezy,” she replied and blew her nose again. “And drippy. And itchy.”

“I get the picture,” he said, watching her closely. “Believe me, I do.”

Another wet nose blow, then a pause. A couple of hitching breaths that eventually ended in a tired exhale as the sneeze escaped her. Finally, she took another couple of tissues, wiped her watery eyes and blew her nose again, then she leaned her head back with a tired sigh.

“Done?” Bernard asked.

“I think so.” She sniffled. “Yeah. For now.”

“Hm.” He was still watching her very closely, almost as if he was examining her features for something.

“Don’t get any ideas,” Theresa said.

“Huh?”

“For the hosts. You don’t get to record me sneezing as a reference.”

“I wasn’t thinking about that.”

“Liar.”

“No, I’m serious. I was thinking about these lines here…” he ran his fingertip between her eyebrows.

“Wrinkles, Bernard. Let’s be real. I think they stopped being ‘lines’ about three years ago.”

“When you started working at Westworld, huh?” he chuckled, cupped her chin and gave her a soft kiss on the mouth. “I was thinking about the area around your eyebrows when you’re about to sneeze, how it looks so similar to when you…”

He hesitated.

“When I, what?” She sniffled wetly.

Instead of replying, he moved down and began kissing her down her stomach, further and further down.

“Oh, okay…” she mumbled. “I get it.”

“My point making it across?” he murmured.

“Yes,” she replied. “God, yes. Keep going.”

“I aim to please.” 

"And you're doing a very good job at it, too," she whispered. 

Oh, I'm late on this thread but it's still so good!!! I really love your Theresa and especially her relationship with Bernard. They are at the same time very funny and adorable - a perfect combination! Thanks for those last drabbles.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:18 PM, Aliena H. said:

Oh, I'm late on this thread but it's still so good!!! I really love your Theresa and especially her relationship with Bernard. They are at the same time very funny and adorable - a perfect combination! Thanks for those last drabbles.

Thank you, I'm so glad you still enjoy them!! :heart: 

So, here are a couple more... two Westworld and one Pine Gap. 

Prompt: Ashamed 
Note: How about a sick Theresa forced to attend some fancy party? Mmmhm, yeah, that's what's on the menu for now, anyway. 

AERSCHHoo! Huh… UERSSHHuh! Oh fuck…”

Theresa had been trying to fight back her body’s natural response, but she had known all along it was only delaying the inevitable. As the illness sank its teeth deeper into her, she was really starting to feel like crap.

“I get it, Theresa, you’re sick. Quit being all whiny about it,” Charlotte snapped, coming up from behind her. “Suck it up.”

Theresa bit her tongue to avoid replying that she had been sucking it up all evening and that she wasn’t whining whatsoever. She was in fact doing everything she could to keep the obvious symptoms to a minimum, but she just couldn’t hold back the sneezes any longer. Her nose felt like it was on fire. Her throat was sore. Her head was pounding with an eye-watering headache. And she was freezing; this elegant evening gown was beautiful, but it wasn’t exactly warm.

She nodded curtly, without looking up, knowing that there was wetness escaping her irritated, twitchy nostrils and she didn’t want Charlotte to get even more to bitch about. But the younger woman remained close to her, almost teasingly, and Theresa was sure Charlotte knew what problem she struggled with.

And then the urge to sneeze struck again.

AUERSCHUGH!”

Charlotte took a step back in disgust, but she was laughing quietly anyway, a rather pleasant-sounding pearly laugh.

“What a fucking disgusting mess you are, Theresa,” she mocked. Theresa was inclined to agree; she certainly felt like fucking disgusting mess. 

"Thank you," she said sarcastically, not wanting Hale to know she was getting to her. Before the other woman had time to reply, Ford appeared next to them, and Theresa cursed inwardly about her attracting this much attention from all the wrong people. He gave her a brief, unreadable glance and then turned to Charlotte.  

“Ah, Miss Hale,” he said. “I wasn’t aware that you had already graced us with your company. I expected you to arrive with the rest of the Board in…” he consulted his pocket watch, “forty-five minutes.”

“I like to keep staff on their toes,” she replied, smiling. “Especially those who are also my employees.”

“I know you do,” he said with a gentlemanly smile. “I would argue however that Miss Cullen’s presence at this party might not be ideal. It is a dreadful cold she has, if not even the flu, and I would expect her to be quite contagious.”

Theresa listened to them talking about her like she wasn’t there, and while she almost never felt ashamed, now she was. Maybe ashamed was a bit strong a word, she had done nothing to end up in this place, but she was definitely feeling awkward and uncomfortable.

“So it would seem,” Charlotte said, sending Theresa a very entertained look as the other woman tried to put her knuckles under her irritated nose to hide the mess escaping, even while she did her very best to quietly sniff it back.

“Now that you two have met for the evening, would you excuse me if I send Miss Cullen back to her quarters?” Ford asked, still in that pleasant, gentlemanly ‘I’m just an old man, so forgive me for not knowing the ways of the youth’-voice that Theresa didn’t trust one bit. But Charlotte bought it, waving her off like she wasn't interesting anymore. And truth be told, when Ford elegantly pulled out a handkerchief and put it into Theresa’s hand while he shooed her away, she was actually relieved. She didn’t appreciate being treated like the country cousin who didn’t understand any better than to spread her germs - she had been ordered to attend this party and it was certainly not a choice she would have made herself - but she did appreciate the escape route that Ford provided.

“Where is Mr Lowe this evening?” Charlotte asked.

“Oh, working on the latest hosts. Lots of work and so precious little time, but isn’t it always so? He was invited of course, but Bernard isn’t much of a people person, as you know, so I offered him to stay and work on the backstories for our new hosts. But if you need to see him, I will of course call for him to come up,” Ford continued and took out his phone. Charlotte sounded both bored and annoyed when she declined.

“I don’t fucking care, Dr Ford. That was just conversation,” she said, and Theresa could picture the impatient eye roll. “I want a word with your head of Narrative, however.”

“Ah, I’m sure you will get many words from Mr Sizemore, but I doubt that they will be very coherent,” Ford said. “His intake of alcohol has been… intense.”

“Just introduce us,” Charlotte said, and now she sounded like she thought the creator of the park was as much of a country cousin as Theresa.

Slipping out into the hallway, Theresa decided to take the detour past Behaviour and see if she could possibly convince her lover to take an early night and keep her company in bed. She wasn't up for any sexual adventures, but it would be nice to cuddle up in spooning position. Nice, and not to mention warm.

Prompt: Subjective
Note: Brief continuation of previous drabble…

"What did she say?" Bernard asked, sounding completely flabbergasted. Theresa had been recapping her evening, her head resting on his chest while he slowly ran his fingers through her hair. Now he stopped, and Theresa almost regretted telling him about Charlotte's snide little comment. 

"You heard me. Oh, don't act all surprised," she said, looking up at him. "She would do anything to push me off balance, you know that."

"I didn't know it was that bad," he said slowly, then kept stroking her hair. 

"Usually she doesn't succeed." Theresa fidgeted, trying to find a position where she could either cover a sneeze or at least aim it away from Bernard, and ended up having to sneeze down her own chest. "HuhESSCH! Ew, that's lovely."

"Bless you. But she got to you today, didn't she?" 

Theresa didn't respond. She just sniffled, wiped her nose with the back of her hand, and huddled up closer, burying her face into his T-shirt. 

"She did," Bernard answered his own question. He sighed and kissed the top of her head. "What Hale did was awful." 

"Tell me something I don't know," Theresa murmured, still into his T-shirt. Then she sneezed, with no chance of turning away. "HuhNGTSCHkk! Oh fuck, I'm sorry." 

"Don't worry about it," he said, pulling her up towards his face so he could give her a kiss. "Want me to tell you something you don't know?"

Theresa looked back at him with watery, fever-glazed eyes. 

"You're beautiful," he said. "Though I've told you that before. But I thought you needed a reminder today." 

Theresa didn't feel very beautiful, but she knew that even if it was subjective, he told her the truth as he saw it. And that was good enough for her.

Prompt: Paranoid 
Fandom: Pine Gap 
Note: I had totally forgotten I was going to watch this Netflix show, until @Reader mentioned it the other day. So, consequently, I gave Kath a chance... :innocent: 

"Don't fuck with me today, I'm so allergic I can't hear myself think!" 

Kath delivered the line in passing, sunglasses hiding her doubtlessly swollen and watery eyes. But they couldn't hide the raw irritation around her perpetually flaring nostrils, or how her itchy nose twitched as she kept fighting the urge to sneeze. 

Ethan and Rudi exchanged looks. 

"Is it allergy season already?" Rudi said, downing the last of his coffee. 

"With Kath, every season is allergy season." 

The redhead stopped, turned, and took off her sunglasses as she glared at them. 

"I may not hear my own thoughts, but I did hear that."

"What? I didn't say anything, did you, Rudi?"

"Nope. This job is making you paranoid, Kath."

She looked from one to the other, and her pale, red-rimmed eyes narrowed. 

"First thing I said was 'don't fuck with me today', and first thing you do..." she trailed off, breath hitching as the power of her allergies outweighed the power of her will. "hehh… ehhh… hahh… aeTSCh! EeTschh! Huh-NGTShh! NGTsch!-ahh... AAETSCHoo!" She sniffled wetly and tried again. "The f-fihh… firsthuhhahh… aaESHHoo! EyISSHHoo!"

She gave up her attempts at speaking and shook her head as one desperate, throaty sneeze after another forced themselves out of her burning sinuses. She was pretty sure the two men were still standing there, snickering a bit, but when she managed to crack her streaming eyes open for more than a split second, she realised that at some point during her sneezing fit, they had both gone back to work. So maybe they had a point about her being paranoid. 

Ethan was right, though. In Alice Springs, at least for Kath Sinclair, every season was allergy season. This July just happened to be worse than usual. But then again, that's what she told herself every year. Maybe it was about time she looked into getting allergy shots. 

Edited by Chanel_no5

Oh wow that was excellent! So true to character for Kath, Ethan, and Rudi as well. 

On 12/13/2018 at 7:50 PM, Chanel_no5 said:

Don't fuck with me today, I'm so allergic I can't hear myself think!" 

Kath delivered the line in passing, sunglasses hiding her doubtlessly swollen and watery eyes. But they couldn't hide the raw irritation around her perpetually flaring nostrils, or how her itchy nose twitched as she kept fighting the urge to sneeze. 

Masterful writing here. 

And I’m glad my suggestion turned out well for you. Now I just gotta get you into an anime 😂😂😂