Sneeze Fetish Forum

"Amazing Grace" movie -- mention of handkerchiefs

Luisa39

*Sees a movie with Ioan in it get mentioned, immediately hurries over to comment*

Amazing Grace is a lovely movie in its own right, but it's a particular tease for fetishists, in multiple respects. Just off the top of my head...

*Wilberforce gets soaked in the rain, and in fact, collapses during a rainstorm because he's ill (but with a stomach ailment, not a cold).

*During the filming of the scene where Wilberforce sings the title song, Ioan was, in fact, ill with the flu. He hides it incredibly well, but once you know it, your brain goes...interesting places.

*MyOwnPrivateSFC did some digging and found out that the real Wilberforce suffered from sneezing fits brought on by forgetting to take his regular doses of Opium. Again, not addressed in the movie.

That being said, I'm glad the movie does satisfy at least one aspect of the fetish for some people. I know that wasn't the intent of the filmmakers, but *shrugs*.

Amazing Grace is indeed a lovely and touching movie.  I have a "thing" for crying (more so than for sneezing, in fact), and in Amazing Grace there's a moment in the final scene where you see the character played by Rufus Sewell (another wonderful actor!) wipe a couple of tears from his eyes.  I don't know whether you've noticed this, since he does it rather subtly.

I don't remember that (it's been years since I've seen it), but I do remember that Ioan sort-of cries a little himself, when Wilberforce is going through Opium withdrawal and begs his wife to talk to him to keep him grounded. I'm also a fan of hurt/comfort (especially the comfort), so that was a nice surprise for me.

Archived