Sneeze Fetish Forum

What's the best piece of advice you've been given/gave?

MysteryGirl

I thought this would be a fun and inspiring collection of advice about anything really :)

Mine would most likely be something I've told myself every day because it means a great deal to have this mindset.

"Find anything, however big or small, and marvel it. Look towards a shapely cloud and admire it's symbolism to an old friend, see a plane and wonder where it's headed, or notice a part of you that was in the shadows, now a comfort." 

I didn't really know how to put that in words, but I hope it can be advice to others as well, please put your best advice in the comments! :heart:

@MysteryGirl Why do you find that to be your best piece of advice?

I cannot say this as eloquently as my good nerd friend, but when I was feeling overwhelmed by life, he told me: "Life is like a video game. You start off at a low level and bad equipment, but the game's also not too hard. As the game goes on and gets more difficult, you also level up and improve." That helped me put things into perspective, like, yes, things get rough, but you'll end up strong enough to handle it, and it can help you "level up" quicker in life. 

I love analogies. 

This is a great topic~!

I think the best advice ever given to me was from a very kind professor during my undergraduate degree. I was worried about my future, and where I was going to end up in life, and he said to me, "You need to enjoy your journey just as much as your destination." And that made a lot of sense to me. I think about it almost every day, when I get worried about where I am and what I'm doing. I hope this advice helps others too~ :) 

Archived