Sneeze Fetish Forum

lalaland~

At this point I’d like to place a disclaimer: some serious themes will soon be discussed, including mental illness.  These next few chapters (9-18) are completely plot with no sneezes but have a bit of fever/caretaking. There are a few incidences of swearing but nothing excessive (as I find that a bit tacky in writing pieces).   I crafted these chapters with great care, I really hope you all enjoy them (even without sneezes).  I'll try to update every 2-3 days.

Chapter 9

Jake walked home from his last class of the day, letting Noir guide him.  He enjoyed the weather here.  It was crisp but not freezing, with scattered rain showers every day.    

“Hey Jake!” a friendly voice called out behind him.  A light of recognition flashed in his eyes. 

He turned around, “Levi?”

“Jaaaaake!” A small boy an entire head shorter than Jake bounded up to him and almost tackled him as he hugged him. 

“I didn’t expect to see you here,” Jake seemed genuinely happy though.

“You can’t see me you liar~” Levi teased him.

Jake placed his hand atop the shorter man’s head, “maybe I can’t see you, but I can tell you haven’t changed,” he teased back.

“So meeeean~” he leaned into Jake’s shoulder affectionately.

Jake revisited his previous thought, “So really, did you come to visit or- ?” leaving the sentence open-ended. He shivered as a cool breeze swooped over the walkway.

Levi grabbed Jake’s free hand to hold and they continued walking while he talked, “The truth is, I applied here so I could be with you forever and ever ” He was beaming the whole time.

Jake appeared to the outsider unfazed by his friend’s strangely affectionate manner.  “So you’re a student here.  I’m glad. It’s nice to see a friendly face.”  He was smiling the whole time they walked, though his smile and expression were calm and serene while Levi’s was lovey dovey.

Jake paused at a crosswalk* (*they make noise, usually), suddenly looking troubled, “Um, I lost track of where I was walking…” he trailed off hoping for Levi to jump in with an answer.

“That’s okay! I know where we are. We’re close to my apartment-flat-whatever British people words, you get the point.”  Unlike Jake, Levi had a very Anglo-Canadian accent, having been raised in a primarily English-speaking province.

“Let’s go there then,” Jake suggested what Levi was probably hoping to do regardless, but he knew Levi so well that, really, it was more of a way to make the energetic boy happy.

------Author’s Notes:  “crosswalk” is the North American equivalent word to the UK’s “zebra crossing”.

Jake uses a guide dog to walk places himself/go to class and usually only uses a cane when he knows he’ll constantly be with other people.  Things like stores, he prefers a sighted guide (where you hold onto a sighted person’s arm).  That kind of thing is all personal preference. 

I haven’t slept in 48 hours and I’m sick and I passed out during rehearsal today RIP in pieces this is what I get for torturing my muses

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lalaland~

• jawzzbubblez

• KD02

• gay-for-the-snz

Levi McCleskey – 18/19, originally from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.  Birthday is January 30 (Aquarius). Has a somewhat small frame due to genetics- he is half Japanese, half white (his mother is Japanese).  Went to high school (in Ottawa) with Jake and was his hockey teammate.  The only person from Jake’s old high school (before he attended and graduated from a school for the blind) who kept in touch with and regularly visited Jake.  He applied to the same school in England as Jake so he could always be near him.  Not exceedingly talented in hockey, so he never factored that into his future plans, but is very intelligent and studies chemistry.  Paints his nails black sometimes.  Loves video games and cooking.  Gives the best advice.

Personality – flamboyant, very energetic.  Will do anything and I mean anything for Jake.  Like human sunshine.  Feels very confident and comfortable with who he is.

Chapter 10

The boys relaxed together in Levi’s room, letting music play from his laptop as background noise.

“It’s soooo good to hang out just the two of us again. I really missed you, you know?”  Levi was on his bed, laying on his stomach and propping his face up with his hands.  He was kicking his legs back and forth at the knee.

“I missed you too.”  Jake was laying across one end of the bed with his legs hanging off and his arms behind his head, like a pillow.

“OOH OOH!”  Levi jumped out of the bed and scurried across the room, pulling out a video game console, “I got a game we can play! Both of us!”

Jake sat up, intrigued, “Really?  What kind of game?”

Levi quickly set up the game system and muted the music playlist from his laptop, “It’s called 1-2-Switch! and apparently most of the games are, like, tactile or audio feedback-based.”

Jake’s face brightened, “That sounds fun.”

The boys played for 3 hours, laughing and thoroughly enjoying themselves.  They even tried the visual-based mini games, with Levi voice-guiding Jake against a computer and laughing as they failed miserably.

“HOW do you keep winning?” Levi jokingly despaired as he lost yet another game.

“I’m just better than you,” Jake teased him.

“I don’t even know how you do that safe crack game it’s impossible.  I probably couldn’t even beat a nonexistent opponent.”  Levi laughed, then paused with a curious stare, “Maybe I’m imagining it but, Jake your face looks kind of red, like, here-“ he touched Jake’s cheeks, “Woah! You’re really warm! Why didn’t you tell me you were sick?”

Jake wished he could escape Levi’s scrutinizing gaze- he couldn’t see it but he knew it was there.  “I’m fine, I just had a cold all week I’m still getting over,” He said sheepishly.

Levi wasn’t buying what Jake was selling, “Maybe, but you have a fever today.”

Looking to change the subject, Jake double tapped his watch, then tapped again.  “6:43 P-M” an electronic voice came from the watch.

“Oh wow, it’s getting late,” Jake commented, “I told my flatmate I’d meet him for dinner.”

“OOOOH can I come?”  Levi was already slipping on his favourite hoodie, blue with a white Toronto Maple Leafs logo in the centre.

“Yeah, I don’t think he’ll mind.  I’ll tell him you’re coming.” 

Aside from enjoying his company, Levi also wanted to keep tabs on his friend.  He knew Jake was the kind of person to deny being sick.                                                                                                            

------Author’s Notes: I was really excited to hear about that game so I had to include it!  I don’t own a Switch though so I don’t own the game and wasn’t able to go into detail…(I also don’t know if you can even play against a computer but as someone with no friends I know for a fact that kind of feature is common in Nintendo games.)

The Maple Leafs (colloquially referred to as the “Leafs”) is Toronto’s professional hockey team.

Levi probably wears that hoodie every day, I wouldn’t touch it if I were you- who knows the last time it’s been washed.

HOW DO YOU GUYS LIKE LEVI SO FAR? 

I slept for 2 days straight almost so I'm good now, lol

-----Author’s Notes:

Jaguar is the only expensive car I know.

In Canada, ice hockey is simply “hockey”.  I know this sounds like a dumb thing to write for some people but I’ve met real people that were confused by this and that’s fine- I want everyone to not be confused if at all possible.  Sometimes things that seem obvious to one person are not to another.

This is kind of a random side note, but it’s actually really hard to walk with a (blind) cane if you don’t know how to and usually you have to be taught by a physical therapist.  Blind trivia!

Also re: chapter 4 (I think) I didn’t know braille books were so HUGE, my mistake.  He probably wouldn’t carry something like that around unless it was his favourite book, and even then…. That was the only detail so far that I took a guess on though.  No one probably cares, but I do because I don’t want to get any details wrong.

Chapter 11

“Nice to meet you! I’m Levi!”  He waved both of his hands in greeting.

“I’m Matt. Pleasure.”  He said politely, “I was told you’d be coming so I adjusted the reservation.”

Levi’s eyes widened, “Reservation?  Are we going somewhere fancy?”

“Oh, no, no.  Nothing special.”   Matt assured him, “This way to my car,” he gestured for Levi.

Levi glanced back at Jake who looked a bit apprehensive but said nothing.  He walked over to him and held his hand, “It’ll be okay.”

Matthew glanced away, a tad bit jealous.  He tried to ignore them on the way to the car.

“NO. WAY!”  Levi shouted as they approached the car: the newest model Jaguar, well-polished and practically shining with radiance, “This car is brighter than my future!”

“It’s nothing special…”  Matthew really didn’t see the big deal.

“Oh my god are you rich or something?  Can I touch it?”  Levi was still in awe.

Matt was starting to feel awkward, so he clicked his key fob, “Um, it’s unlocked.”  The interior lit up.

“IT’S BACKWARDS!”  Levi had stars in his eyes, “it’s a real British car! This is AMAZING!”

“Um, sorry about him,” Jake whispered quietly.

“It’s alright…” Matt said, unconvincingly.  “Oh, here,” he opened the door for Jake, who was struggling to find the handle.  Jake sat behind Matthew and Levi sat in the passenger chair.  In the back, Jake clutched onto his folded cane nervously.  He really disliked riding in cars.

When they arrived, Jake was still shaking as he got out of the car.

“Are you alright?  Is my driving that bad?”  Matthew questioned.

“No, no your driving’s fine, I just don’t like cars much is all…”  His voice trailed off toward the end.

“Oh. Okay.”  Matthew decided not to pry further.

He walked up to the host stand, “I have a reservation for 3.”

“Oh! You’re that bloke!  Like I said on the phone, we don’t do reservations, but there is a table ready if you’ll please come with me.”  The hostess guided them to a table and left them 3 menus.

Jake unfolded his and stared at it with a concentrated look before stating, “I’ll have pizza.”

“Pizza isn’t on the menu,” Matthew was scanning over his, not fully paying attention.

“Well it’s on my menu.” Jake insisted.

Matthew looked up, “You’re not even holding it right! Jake you’ve got it upside-down!”

“Whoops. I knew that.” He passed it back to Matthew, grinning.  Levi almost fell over laughing.

Matt was entertained, “You’ve got jokes tonight.  Ah, but that is a problem.  Do they have braille menus?”

“Probably not.  I’ve never been to a place that did,” Jake shrugged, “It’s not a big deal.”

Levi chimed in, “I just read him the menu!”

“Oh, good idea,” he hadn’t thought of that.  “So, what are you studying at uni?” Matt tried to make conversation.

“Chemistry!”  Levi beamed, “I love love chemistry!”

Matthew laughed, “That’s not something many people would say! Well that’s brilliant, then.”

“What about you?”  Levi returned the question.

“Art.  Mostly drawings and paintings, digital work, too.  Er, Jake did I ever ask you what you study?”

“No, I don’t think so.  Writing. I guess. I don’t know if I’m any good at it but I had to pick something…” he sounded as if he completely lacked confidence in himself.

“Well you had to be skilled to be accepted by the university, don’t doubt yourself too much,” Matthew offered.  “So, if you don’t mind,” he directed at Levi, “how do you two know each other?”

“We went to high school together! We were teammates!” Levi grinned, wrapping his arm around his friend in a childish sort of sideways hug.

“Oh you played sports? Which one?” Matt directed toward Jake.

Levi answered for him, suddenly looking a bit uncomfortable and speaking softly, “um, hockey.”  He wished he could pull his earlier words back into his mouth.

Matt looked at Jake and innocently asked, “But how do you…don’t you have to catch things or hit things, or something?” Levi was frantically making “NO” signals with his hands and face, but Matt didn’t notice in time, “How do you play hockey if you’re blind?”

Jake looked like he’d been stabbed, his sapphire eyes melting into a pool of hurt and deep sorrow.  With quiet hurt and determination, Jake stepped out of the booth and haphazardly avoided tables as he marched to the exit.  He squeezed his eyes shut and tears spilt, splashing his face. He somehow found the door and dashed outside, where he continued to run further and further, into the blackness of his vision.

“O-oh god. What’ve I done?” Matthew’s stomach twisted sickly.  He stared in ghastly horror in the direction Jake left.  That expression- that hurt- was all he could think about.  It would haunt him.

I apologize, I have really bad anxiety and had a bit of a mental breakdown, but I'm fine now. I'm sure it's untrue that "everyone hates the story". After all, I'm really, spectacularly terrible at gauging other's opinions. It's fine, everything is fine and it's fine.

Edited by lalaland~

Hey, lalaland~

BlackScatter, here. I'm sorry you're feeling some anxiety! I like to write too, so I know first-hand what it's like to work on something and put it up for the world to see, then not get the reaction you wanted. But don't worry! Sometimes people comment, and sometimes they don't, but that doesn't mean people aren't loving your story all the same. People get busy and forget to comment on things, or they're in a hurry, read, and then forget to come back later to say how much they liked it.

I've read some of your story just now, and it's clear you put in a lot of effort into your characters! They are very life-like, with great personalities and really funny dialogue with one another >w<. Levi saying the car was brighter than his future made me laugh out loud xDD. But you also have some deep and dramatic moments, like the cliffhanger of your latest chapter. It's a great balance~ So I think your story is awesome! ^w^

Try not to get down too much and enjoy writing for the sake of writing :heart: 

Whether people comment or not, it doesn't change the fact that you're amazing, and so are your stories! :hug:

46 minutes ago, lalaland~ said:

I apologize, I have really bad anxiety and had a bit of a mental breakdown, but I'm fine now. I'm sure it's untrue that "everyone hates the story". After all, I'm really, spectacularly terrible at gauging other's opinions. It's fine, everything is fine and it's fine.

I don't hate your story, in fact I look every time I get on to see if you updated. I just can't wait to see what happens between Matthew and Jake. This thing that just happens makes them more life-like because humans make mistakes. Please update soon:D

I feel the same anxiety when no one comments, and I have to apologise for my lack of commentary on your story. It's extremely well written, with vibrant characters and witty dialogue. I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well, and I promise I will be better about remembering to let you know how well you're doing on a more regular basis. I really do read every update, though, and I love them all. Please keep up the good work, and feel better <3

11 hours ago, BlackScatter said:

Hey, lalaland~

BlackScatter, here. I'm sorry you're feeling some anxiety! I like to write too, so I know first-hand what it's like to work on something and put it up for the world to see, then not get the reaction you wanted. But don't worry! Sometimes people comment, and sometimes they don't, but that doesn't mean people aren't loving your story all the same. People get busy and forget to comment on things, or they're in a hurry, read, and then forget to come back later to say how much they liked it.

I've read some of your story just now, and it's clear you put in a lot of effort into your characters! They are very life-like, with great personalities and really funny dialogue with one another >w<. Levi saying the car was brighter than his future made me laugh out loud xDD. But you also have some deep and dramatic moments, like the cliffhanger of your latest chapter. It's a great balance~ So I think your story is awesome! ^w^

Try not to get down too much and enjoy writing for the sake of writing :heart: 

Whether people comment or not, it doesn't change the fact that you're amazing, and so are your stories! :hug:

I really needed this I...I'm so overwhelmed with feelings of reassurance, thankfulness, elation, relief right now.  I want to avoid rambling and at least make sure I thank you properly- so thank you.  
(*ノωノ)

11 hours ago, jai_is_bae? said:

I don't hate your story, in fact I look every time I get on to see if you updated. I just can't wait to see what happens between Matthew and Jake. This thing that just happens makes them more life-like because humans make mistakes. Please update soon:D

"I look every time I get on to see if you updated"  DID SOMEONE JUST ACTUALLY SAY THIS ABOUT SOMETHING I WROTE  〣( ºΔº )〣

8 hours ago, JustAnotherGuy said:

I feel the same anxiety when no one comments, and I have to apologise for my lack of commentary on your story. It's extremely well written, with vibrant characters and witty dialogue. I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well, and I promise I will be better about remembering to let you know how well you're doing on a more regular basis. I really do read every update, though, and I love them all. Please keep up the good work, and feel better <3

This comment is so pure, you are an angel. I feel blessed by reading this (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) thank you!

you guys are so sweet and so kind (I'm trying not to cry because I've already embarrassed myself today)!  I'm so sorry I freaked out earlier I'm usually in pretty good control of that (again, how embarrassing)- I promise to do better in the future /bows (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄) thank you.
I want to end my posts today on an extra positive note, so I'll post the next part...(which isn't exactly a happy chapter, but)

Chapter 12

Levi sat facing Matthew stoically, staring him in the face.  He sighed and began, his voice wavering, “Look. Jake, well, you have to know some things about him.  Jake wasn’t just a hockey player, he was a phenomenal hockey player- incredibly talented. Everyone thought he would go pro, right?  He felt like that was his future,” his tone darkened, “Then, 7 months into grade 11 he was involved in a terrible accident.  He was hospitalized and news got around the next morning about it.  Pretty soon we all found out that the accident caused him to go blind.  He was in the hospital for several weeks recovering and when he came back, coach had already replaced him. He knew it would happen, but to actually face reality was painful.  I mean, before that, hockey was everything to Jake; he had dreams to play in the NHL.  You said you were an artist, right?  It’d be like, if you lost your arm and couldn’t paint.  I can’t even comprehend how hard it must have been to lose a dream like that, and to lose…” he paused for reverend silence.

“On top of all that, no one knew what to say to him. People who talked to him every day started avoiding him.  He was devastated.  He never came back to school after that day.  I was the only one from high school that still talked to him after that.  Next year he went to a school for the blind and I think it helped him cope.  He was having a really hard time.  He struggled with depression and felt really lost.  If I hadn’t insisted on coming over for visits he probably would’ve spent the whole year locked up in his room alone.  He had a hard time trusting people after what happened in school.  After graduation, he wanted to get away from all the bad memories and move to a place where he wouldn’t be constantly reminded of what could have been.”  The solemn atmosphere made the air seem heavy and difficult to breathe. 

Levi continued, “I wanted to surprise him by applying to the same school so I could always be there with him.  I wasn’t sure how he’d feel about it, but when he was happy to see me today that was all I needed to know that I did the right thing.”  He was practically crying at this point, “This may sound weird to you, Matt, but, I love him.  Jake means the world to me!” He smiled serenely and placed his hands over his heart.

Matt felt a pang of jealousy with a small flare of competitiveness, but pushed these emotions aside as they seemed wildly inappropriate for the conversation.

Levi didn’t acknowledge it, however, and continued, “He doesn’t like to talk about the accident.  He doesn’t even like to talk about hockey anymore- it just brings out all his feelings of inadequacy.  He’s really not as lost as he thinks he is, but I don’t think he’s really at a place where he accepts everything that happened just yet. Um, don’t let him know I told you any of this stuff okay? I don’t want to upset him, but I thought you should know all this so maybe you’ll understand him better…and y’know, avoid something like that again…” he trailed off.  “We should probably go find him. Like, now.”

“Alright, thank you for that I…really had no idea,” Matt looked somberly into his lap.

Pushing himself out of his seat, Levi paused, and when he spoke his words were laced heavily with bitterness, “Actually, maybe you shouldn’t come.  It would be better if you stayed away.”  And with that he darted off to search for Jake, leaving Matthew by himself.

Oh heck no...I should beat Levi with a dang hockey stick.:nonono: 

Matt likes Jake, he never meant to hurt him. 

Okay but like, does Levi wanna fight me??? That's not okay of him to say :(

Chapter 13

Heavy rain pounding the windshield.

The loud skidding sound of a semi losing traction with the road. 

The last thing he ever saw was his dad, sitting in the driver’s seat, his face illuminated by a flash of lightning in the distance.

The next thing he could remember was hearing several unfamiliar voices, all talking over each other, and loud, strange machines.  He made the observation that he was now laying down and he opened his eyes to pitch black, wondering if he’d died.

“… awake!” a relieved female voice came from the right.  He didn’t catch everything she said.

“Where am I? Why is it so dark?” he mumbled, attempting to move, but in too much pain to do so.

“Dark?” this time from another stranger’s voice floating overhead, “What do you mean?”

He reached up to touch his face, realizing there was an IV line in his arm.  He gingerly touched around his eye to check that it was open and blinked a few times for good measure.  Still black.  His heart raced as panic set in.  He rubbed his fists into his eyes, trying to get them to work. Still black. At this point his heart was beating so fast it made it hard for him to breathe, causing him to hyperventilate.

I can’t…see…” his mind formed the words between shallow, rapid breaths, as he progressed into a full panic attack.

Voices called out to each other above him and strange hands touched him, meanwhile he was still trying to piece together what happened.  He passed out again- he was losing a lot of blood. 

He didn’t awaken again until the next morning.  He was too terrified to open his eyes this time.  If he kept them closed forever then he could never confirm that which was causing anxiety to well up in the pit of his stomach.  But of course this was an exercise in futility.  Forever was a long time to wait for disappointment.  Very slowly, he opened his eyes, hoping for some other outcome.  Still black.  For a while he felt nothing- a complete void of emotion.  He lay numb, staring into the blackness.

He heard some voices talking on the other side of the room but didn’t acknowledge their sound.

Then a new, but old voice floated into the room.  Jake mentally followed the sound of her steps to his hospital bed and felt her hands delicately envelop one of his.

“Maman?” he finally spoke.  One of her hands tenderly brushed a curl from his face.  He could feel his mother’s warm tears.  “Où est papa?*” (*Where’s Dad?) She didn’t speak but continued to weep silently next to him. 

A few weeks later, just two days after he’d gotten out of the hospital, he stood holding onto his mother’s sleeve as they faced his father’s-her husband’s-casket.  All the guests had come and gone, leaving those two alone.  They were frozen in place like obsidian statues.  Jake was too numb to feel anything.  He knew he’d feel it all later but right now he just felt as if his body and his emotions had been petrified.

------Author’s Notes:

In the UK a ‘semi’ would be called a ‘lorry’.

Chapter 14

In the hospital, there was this psychiatrist who visited him every day.  On the first day, Jake screamed at him.  Why was he blind?  Why did he get to live when his dad didn’t?  It would’ve been better if he’d just died.

“But then your mother would’ve lost you both, and don’t you think she’s glad to have you still?” “…”

The last day, he gave Jake a question to ponder.  “All the time, lots of people live their lives just fine, when other people see them as tragic.  They lost a limb.  Became blind. Maybe developed an incurable disease.  Imagine how painful it would be to dwell in tragedy their whole lives.  At first, of course it will be hard, but eventually they will all move past this.  It’s hard to go through such a dramatic, life-altering event- you never think it’s going to happen to you. Until it does. Then what?  Well, young man, you’ve got your life ahead-”

“JAAAKE! JACOB!” Levi shouted at the top of his lungs as he raced around, frantically trying to locate the person he loved more than anyone on the planet.  “Ja- huff cob- hah”, he panted, out of breath, with his head spinning from lack of oxygen.

“What will you do next?” Jake quoted the psychiatrist’s final words out loud, to himself in monotone, as he sat catatonically, slouched against the side of a building.  People walked by, paying no mind to him.  Jake didn’t notice- he was much too lost in his own mind to acknowledge reality.

Levi lifted his head up, still panting, and through the fog of his own tears he could see the source of the quiet voice he’d recognize anywhere.  “JAKE!” He called out to him as he ran toward him.  Jake didn’t move.  He didn’t even seem to notice.  Levi slowed down as he approached, taking in the full sight and situation.  Jake was covered in cuts, bruises, and scrapes from running into things and falling (having run off without anything to guide him). He knelt down beside him and checked for any major injuries, luckily finding nothing.  However, he was burning with fever.  “Jake!” He shook him by his shoulders, “Jacob! No nonono. Don’t do this.”  He tried snapping his fingers, “snap out of it!”

Jake simply restated, “What will I…do next?”

“Jake, no, stop it. Please. I’ll carry you if I have to!” he half-threatened, “You’re bigger than me and probably weigh a lot more but…” his voice faded as he spoke, then, with renewed vigour, “I’ll make it happen!”  This elicited no response from the other man.

Levi was trying not to cry because he knew that would only make the situation worse.  He ran into the crowd walking by.

“Excuse me! Mister? Will you please help me, my friend-“ he was brushed aside by the stranger.  “Oh, come ON!” Levi screamed in frustration.

A young man, appearing in his 20s stopped to address him, “Hey, what’s going on?”  Levi was sobbing and trying to speak at the same time, “my…friend…I…help me, please!” he pleaded.  The young man followed him out of the crowd so they could see the slumped figure sitting on the ground, now curled in a fetal position.  He managed to better explain that he needed help getting him home (to Levi’s home) safely and that he needed to be carried. 

Somehow, Levi managed to successfully orchestrate the safe transport of Jake from the street to his bed.  At some point during transit, Jake had fallen asleep or passed out.  Levi neither knew which, nor cared, but right now, he was sleeping in a safe, warm place, and that was the objective. 

Levi placed a cool, damp cloth on the sleeping man’s forehead, brushing away sweaty curls.  Then he climbed in his bed carefully, as to not wake the other boy, and slipped in next to him, hugging his body tightly to Jake’s.

“I love you, I’ll never let anything bad happen to you,” he whispered, before falling asleep himself.

-----Author’s Notes: I wanted to clarify that Jake dislikes riding in cars because he was involved in a major car accident, not because he’s blind.

I see the comments, I see them! : D I'll respond I promise

Could you please add a chapter of  Matt and Jake driving in a car, Matt is driving, when Matt sneezes and Jake freaks out and Matt has to calm him down?

On 2017-5-6 at 11:10 PM, jai_is_bae? said:

Oh heck no...I should beat Levi with a dang hockey stick.:nonono: 

Matt likes Jake, he never meant to hurt him. 

lmao no beating people with sports equipment! 

On 2017-5-7 at 2:10 AM, JustAnotherGuy said:

Okay but like, does Levi wanna fight me??? That's not okay of him to say :(

he's tiny I'm sure you could take him

22 hours ago, Toon Vlux said:

I'm just loving this story <3

thank you!! ☆ ~('▽^人)

2 hours ago, jawzzbubblez said:

Could you please add a chapter of  Matt and Jake driving in a car, Matt is driving, when Matt sneezes and Jake freaks out and Matt has to calm him down?

ooh i like this idea!! 

(i have room to add stuff in after ch. 18)

23 minutes ago, KD02 said:

Can't wait for another part..

merci! (๑˃ᴗ˂)ﻭ soon~ 

Edited by lalaland~

Chapter 15

“Jake…last night, you really scared me.  I thought,” Levi swallowed, holding back tears, “I thought I might lose you.”

“I’m sorry.”  Jake sighed, “Though, sometimes I wonder why I’m still here. I mean, I know I’m supposed to move on and live my life or whatever but I don’t even know where I’m going or what I’m doing.  I’m not good at anything else!”

“Jake, that’s not true; you’re good at lots of things.”  Levi reassured him.

He shook his head, “I’m not.  And ever since I came here I’ve been struggling every day, getting lost, running into things, forgetting where things are in my own room.  I’m just a complete mess.”

“Jake…”  Levi said softly.

“I should just go back home.”

“No.”  Levi was firm, “Jake do you know how many times I’ve taken the wrong bus and called people by the wrong name and sat through an entire class I’m not enrolled in because I accidentally walked in and didn’t want to just walk out?  My point is, everyone messes up.  A lot.  It’s just part of being a person.  You’re not doing worse than other people just because you ran into a chair and said ‘sorry’ to it- well I do that too-THERE! Point proven.”

“…Maybe”, Jake mumbled noncommittally.

“Think about how far you’ve come, too!  Before going to that blind school you couldn’t read braille or navigate by yourself or do half the awesome things you can do now!”

Jake smiled the tiniest bit, just enough for Levi to know his motivational speaking was working.

Levi assumed a calmer, but still upbeat tone of voice, “I bet there’s even some things you’re better at than sighted people.”

Jake scoffed, “Like what?”

“Tons of things! Like kicking my ass at those 1-2-Switch games.”  He made a gameplay motion with his hand that Jake couldn’t see.

“You’re just trying to make me feel better.”

Levi hugged his friend, “Duh.  That’s the point.  I want to see ‘happy Jake’- no more ‘sad Jake’!” 

He patted Levi on the head like a puppy, giving a meek smile, “Okay, I’ll try to be ‘happy Jake’ for you.”

“Yay!” He nuzzled his head into Jake’s chest, and Jake wore a full smile for the first time in over 12 hours.

Chapter 16

“Hey! I told you to stay in bed!”  Levi stood in his kitchen with his hands planted on his hips.  He wore a frilly white apron.

“I was just getting some water,” Jake explained.

Levi pointed the spoon he was using to stir soup with at Jake (not that he could know), “Go back to bed and I’ll get it for you.”

Jake gave an exaggerated sigh and walked back to Levi’s room while Levi beamed.  He watched Jake walk the complete way back to bed before getting him a cup of water and taking it to his bedside.

“How long are you making me stay in bed?  I’m missing all my classes,” Jake complained.

Levi placed the cup in Jake’s hand and let him take it.  “Until you stop running a fever.” 

“But I-“ “NNNN!” Levi interrupted him with a noise, “Don’t even think about it.”

Levi is scary when he’s serious…

Levi resumed his usual bubbly tone of voice, “I’ll go check on the soup, it should be done soon~”

Minutes later, the Asian man came back into the bedroom with a bowl of soup on a small tray.  He placed it next to the bed, informing Jake of the location as he sat up.  “Bone appletea!”

“It’s ‘bon appétit’…” Jake corrected his pronunciation.  Levi just rolled his eyes.

He acted annoyed, but Jake truly appreciated all the effort Levi spent taking care of him.  He tasted the soup- it was delicious, as always.  Levi was surprisingly skilled at cooking and his soup was the best soup he’d ever had.  Though, perhaps his skill wasn’t so surprising, as he often referred to cooking as ‘kitchen chemistry’.  He couldn’t help smiling, thinking about Levi.

Levi sat next to him on the bed, leaning against his shoulder, “When you feel better there’s a place I want to show you.  But it’s a secret.” 

“I’m sure I’ll feel better soon.  I mean, you’re taking such good care of me,” a small smile graced his calm form. 

That smile always lit up Levi’s heart like Canada on the 1st of July.  He scooted behind Jake so he could wrap his arms around his waist and rest his head on his shoulder.  Jake was so much taller than him, but at least when they sat the difference wasn’t as huge.  Jake, as usual with Levi, seemed apathetic to being cuddled, as if whether Levi had chosen to do so or chosen to abstain would not have mattered in the slightest.  He ate some soup while Levi clung onto him, and only questioned him at the end if he’s worried about getting sick.

“Is that an admission of sickness?” Levi gasped in an exaggerated fashion.

“…Well I have a fever I can’t really say I’m not…but, I mean, other than that I feel fine though, kind of low on energy, but fine.”

“Even now you’re still trying to deny it, you really are the king of that sport,” Levi joked dryly.

Jake spoke in a matter-of-fact tone, “Well then, I guess I’m not sick since you don’t seem to mind putting your face next to mine.”

“Sick or not, you can’t keep me away~” Jake flopped on his side onto the bed wearing a mischievous grin, with Levi still firmly attached.  “I told you, you can’t stop meEEP!” Jake had rolled over onto his stomach, with his face in the blankets, which pulled Levi with him.  Clearly, he was being silly. “All that did was trap my arms into hugging you FOREVER!” he giggled.  Jake finally laughed and sat back up.

“Wanna play videogames?” Levi offered, finally releasing his arms.

“Tiguidou!*” (*sounds good)

------Author’s Notes: A chapter so sweet it’ll give you diabetes

every time I re-read this chapter the “bone appletea” part never fails to make me laugh.

“Canada on the 1st of July” > I’m referring to fireworks

Tiguidou! = sounds good! / all good! (Québécois slang) – Jake says this often (like a catchphrase), usually with a thumbs up or an o-k hand gesture.  Doesn’t really need a translation with the visual cues.

Jake is the only one of these three that seems to actually be bothered by germs, like a normal person.

When are you gonna upload more chapters? Im in LOVE with this story

Chapter 17

“Don’t walk so fast! I know you’re excited but I’m going to trip on something soon!”  Levi was holding Jake’s hand, leading the stumbling man to a park bench.

As he sat, Jake jokingly caressed the back of the bench, “Finally, land.”  Levi sat next to him, scooting as close together as possible.

“I wasn’t going to let you fall, you dork.”  Levi said lovingly.

“So where are we?  I hear water, like a pond or a lake maybe, and …ducks?”

“I found this place when I first got here and it immediately made me think of you.  You’ll laugh at why.”

“Tell me.”

“It’s like, the ugliest park I’ve ever seen.  But, if you close your eyes, it’s beautiful.  All the sounds and the scents of the plants- it’s all very calming.”

Jake smiled, “That’s true, it is relaxing.”  The two sat enjoying the park, occasionally chatting and catching up. 

Last night, when Jake was asleep, Levi peeked in his phone contacts and obtained Matthew’s number.  He very quietly tried to pull his phone out to text him now.

[message to Matt:] “Hey, we need 2 talk. This is Levi.

“Who are you texting?”  Jake asked in innocent curiosity.

Damn. He always hears me.  It’s the tapping.  He lied, “Marielle.  She asked how I was doing earlier and I forgot to reply!”

“Oh, I remember her.  She’s your brother’s fiancé, right?”

“Yeah, that’s her!” He perfectly covered up his nervousness from showing in his voice, “It worked.  Man I’m so glad I don’t need a poker face around Jake.

[message to Levi:] “About what?  You basically told me to fuck off.  I’m not interested.

[message to Matt:] “How do u feel abt Jake?

[message to Levi:] “I told you I’m not talking to you.

[message to Matt:] “When I said I luv Jake u looked Jealous.

[message to Levi:] “Why are you asking me if you think you already know?

[message to Matt:] “bc I want 2 hear it from u.  I need 2 kno.

[message to Levi:] “Leave me alone and stop patronising me.

[message to Matt:] “Look I need 2 kno it’s ok 2 trust u bc otherwise I’m gonna worry 24/7 abt Jake living w u

[message to Levi:] “Are you capable of typing in whole words?  Bloody hell, it’s really annoying to read your texts.

[message to Levi:] “You’re correct.  I’m jealous.  I wish I had the closeness you have with him.  I wish I knew how to make him happy like you apparently do.  Are you satisfied?  Leave me alone already.

Levi gasped out loud, “I knew it!”

“Knew what?”  Jake had been feeling a bit awkward as he could tell he was being ignored for the past 15 minutes.

“Um, don’t worry about it, I’m talking to myself again.”  Levi’s embarrassment was apparent in his voice.

He squeezed Jake’s hand, “One more text and I’ll be all done, ok?”

[message to Matt:] “hello…love rival. May the best man win >;]”

-----Author’s Notes: You really shouldn’t pull a blind person anywhere- that’s scary for them.  Just putting this here as like a “do not attempt this at home” sort of disclaimer.

Why does Jake let Levi hold hands/hug him/cuddle? TBH he feels indifferent and does not attach any particular meaning to it.  He would allow anyone he knew well to do these things, honestly.  This has more to do with Levi’s unabashed confidence in initiating these actions.

Edited by lalaland~
fixed the texting part
On 5/10/2017 at 11:49 PM, JustAnotherGuy said:

Sweet and lovely, as always! Keep up the good work!

╰(*´︶`*)╯<3 thank you!!
On 5/11/2017 at 1:22 AM, Toon Vlux said:

Beautiful work as always! Cant wait for the next part!! :3

(^人^)  thank you so much! 

On 5/11/2017 at 5:49 PM, jawzzbubblez said:

When are you gonna upload more chapters? Im in LOVE with this story

I try to upload every 2 days or so!   (⌒ω⌒)  Ahhh I'm so glad you love it!!

(/rolls around bed with happiness)

HERE IT IS 

Chapter 18

I’m sorry I hurt you.  I want to make it up to you in any way I can.  I love you.  Matthew sighed in frustration, “That’s no good.  I especially can’t say that.  None of these apologies are any good.  God, what am I going to say to him when he comes back?  I’m terrible with words!  I always mess them up.  If only I could express what I feel about him with art, but, he can’t see my drawings, my paintings, there’s no way I-“ he paused, “unless- I’ve got it.” He left for the store feeling confident.

That night, Jake returned to the flat nervously.  He wasn’t sure how to face Matthew.  When he stepped inside, there was no sign of the man, which was a relief- he wasn’t quite ready.  He put his things in his room and ventured into the main area of the flat cautiously. 

“Done!”  A shout came from the back bedroom, causing Jake to flinch.  The door swung open and Matthew strode out humming a cheerful tune to himself.  Jake faked a cough to get his attention.  The older man immediately glanced over and almost dropped the box he was carrying.

“Hey Jake,” he said weakly, his voice trembling more than he would’ve liked, “I, um, I’m truly sorry Jake, um, I’m not very good at saying what I feel so if you’ll give me just one second, I have something.”  Matthew disappeared into his room, leaving Jake confused and intrigued, but mostly confused.

“Um, here,” the Brit’s hand was shaking, “I’m much better at pictures.”

“Matt I can’t see-“

He cut Jake off, “Just, you’ll see, well not see like literally see, but, please just take it and I’ll shut up.”  Jake took the piece from him, having no idea what to expect.

“Oh? This is…textures?”  He felt the piece carefully.

Matthew was incredibly grateful the man could not see his tomato-red face, “I, um, I’ve never made art you could touch before so I hope it’s not terrible…”

“Matt, this is….” He lowered his voice to a whisper, “it’s wonderful.”  Matthew looked as if he were about to cry in relief.  Jake continued, smiling softly, “thank you.”

-----Author’s Notes: Oh dear I’ve created a “love” triangle! (/pretends to look shocked)

And that’s the end of this lengthy plot section.  Next time there will be sneezes. J  (this was more true before I added a chapter whoops)

Giving your character a tragic past is always fun. Drama and misunderstanding is also fun. However, I love happy endings just as much as I love tragedy and suffering.

You guys I have so many cute future chapters planned (though they’re still named by airport codes, which is what I do with unnumbered chapters) ALSO ones that are fully written and edited. : )