Sneeze Fetish Forum

New Matilda Drabble Thread: updated Mar. 7 (Sherlock)

matilda3948

Poor, poor Greg! That just sounds horrendous. :sad: No, I think this emoji is better. :bawl: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry for commenting this with so much delay... Those last three drabbles were fantastic. First Sherlock falling ill because he took care of Molly, and then greg's huge sneezing fits... That was... Wow. Thank you for this new year's present!!!

On 31/12/2017 at 6:01 AM, matilda3948 said:

“Wondered how long before that part started,” Sherlock said from the driver’s seat.

That line made me giggle like an idiot.

On 12/30/2017 at 9:01 PM, matilda3948 said:

Bless you again,” he said. His voice was much closer this time and when Molly opened her eyes she found Sherlock standing in front of her with his arms crossed and a slight frown. Molly gasped when he put a hand on her forehead and had to fight the urge to run away when he slowly brushed a stray piece of hair away. “You feel worse than you’ve been letting on,” he said.

Oh man, I live for your Molly drabbles. This is just too damn perfect I can't even put words to it :wub:

Delicious. For the Greg one, now someine has to tell Mycrift what hapoened. Ill be iver here drooling. :xmastree:

• 1 month later...

Hi! I haven't been in much of a writing mood lately but I do have a couple drabbles. 

Dream—83

“John? John, wake up.”

He couldn’t breathe—his lungs burned and he was surrounded by a thick, black wave. He was dying.

“John! Wake up!”

He gasped and immediately began to cough, trying to clear his lungs of the murky water that was trying to choke him. If took a minute, but finally John was able to sit up and open his eyes. He rubbed his chest as he slowly realized he was in his room at Baker Street. Sherlock was sitting on the edge of the bed with something terribly close to concern in his eyes. Rosie was sitting on the detective’s left leg looking decidedly unhappy. John saw there was a glass of water on his night stand that hadn’t been there before but his hands were shaking so hard he spilled some on his shirt.

“Damn,” he muttered, finally getting the glass to his mouth. His heart rate was finally returning to something closer to normal and the terror receding to the background. “Bad dream,” he mumbled, acutely aware of Sherlock’s scrutiny.

“An understatement.”

HUHSNGshhhoo! huhAHHK’GTsschhhoo!

“Bless you,” Sherlock said. John nodded and sniffled hard.

“Christ, I feel awful,” he said.

“Going to bed early didn’t do much in the way of warding off that cold,” Sherlock said. The doctor had been feeling a bit under the weather for the last day or so; he’d hoped a decent night’s rest would be all he needed. That plan certainly seemed blown to hell.  Sherlock put Rosie down on the bed and stood up, giving the little girl a nudge in John’s direction. “Go check on him, Watson. I’ll be right back.”

Stifle—66 (continued)

When Sherlock returned he had a box of tissues, foil packet of cold medicine, and an extra blanket with him. John was sitting up against the headboard as Rosie talked to him. It was hard to say which one would fall asleep first.

“Which one of us woke you first?” John asked, taking the box of tissues.

“Her.”

“Sorry. I couldn’t wake up from thahh hahh AhhGNSHoo! AHKNTsshhoo!

“Bless you. It’s fine, John…it’s all fine. Here, take these,” Sherlock said as he pushed the pills out of their backing. The taller man sat back down on the side of the bed. “Do you, um, want to talk about it?”

“God no,” John said. The two friends looked at each other for a moment and then both laughed.

“Go back to sleep,” Sherlock said as he got up. He came around to the other side of the bed and picked up the now sleeping Rosie. He hushed her and rocked her back and forth for a moment when she stirred then made the careful transfer to her bed. Neither man dared to move (or breathe) for a few seconds but she sighed and relaxed. “I diffused bombs less temperamental,” Sherlock whispered as he backed away. John, eager to keep the peace, had pinched his nose in a handful of tissues and his head bobbed forward as he stifled six heavy sneezes. It made his sinuses ache but it beat settling an angry baby again.

“Bless you,” Sherlock said quietly.

“Thags,” John sniffled.

“If she wakes again I’ll get her. You need sleep, John.”

“Thag you, Sherlock.” John got settled and pulled the blankets up to his chin. Sherlock turned off the lamp on the bedside table and reached down and briefly laid a hand on his friend’s shoulder. He stepped out into the hall, silently closing the door behind him.

“Sleep well, Watsons.”

Spring—77

John jumped when the door slammed downstairs. Sherlock had offered to take Rosie to the park while he stayed home and got caught up on his paperwork from the clinic. But that was only an hour ago; John figured they’d be gone at least twice that long. Concerned something was wrong, he got up and opened the door to their flat. Sherlock was struggling up the stairs with Rosie in one arm, and the diaper bag swung over the other. Just as John was about to ask, Sherlock paused, turned his head away from Rosie and did his best to sneeze against his shoulder.

huh…huh IhhSHHHoo! IhhSHHHOO! HihhSHHHHoo! IHHshhhoo! HihhSHHHHoo!

“Bless you!” John came down the stairs and took Rosie, giving her a kiss on the cheek. “What did you do to poor Sherlock, hmm?” he asked, bouncing her back and forth. The detective took an abused looking handkerchief from his pocket and scrubbed at his nose.

“Miscalculated the onset of spring allergy season,” he grumbled. John bit back the “I told you so” that desperately wanted to come out since Sherlock seemed miserable enough as it was. Apparently his poker face was lacking though because Sherlock gave him a watery-eyed glare. “Shut up.”

“I didn’t say anything.”

“You were thinking it.”

“Yeah, suppose I was.” John had tried to convince Sherlock to take an allergy pill before they left. He’d seen an increase in the number of patients complaining of hay fever symptoms since the weather started to warm up a few weeks earlier. But of course, the genius knew better and left without it. Now said genius wasn’t even able to make it up the flight of stairs without pausing to sneeze.

huhISHHHoo! Ishhoo! ISHHooo! huhhISHHHHooo!

“Bless you, Sherlock. Come on, I’ll fix you some tea and get you the pill you should have taken this morning.”

His vision was blurry with hot, allergic tears and the minute he sat down on the sofa he rubbed his eyes with the heels of his hands. They’d only been at the park for about twenty minutes when he started to notice the telltale prickling sensation in his eyes and the bridge of his nose. Less than twenty minutes after that, the runny nose started and shortly after that the sneezing. The final few blocks back to Baker Street had been hell—he couldn’t take more than ten steps before he had to pause and sneeze.

hehTSSHHHoo! TSHHHoo! KTSHHHoo! huhISHHHOOOO! huhTSHHOO! TSHHOO! KTSHHH! TSHHH!

The sneezes tumbled out one after the other with no chance for him to even take a breath, leaving Sherlock dizzy and winded by the end.

“God, it hit you hard,” John said with surprise. He put a glass of water, allergy pill, and fresh handkerchief down on the coffee table. Sherlock pinched his nose shut as a last resort to stop the sneezing. He blinked and tears fell from both eyes but he was able to at least swallow the medication. He took an unsteady, tentative breath and then sniffled, leaning his head back against the back of the sofa.

“I swear it gets worse every year,” he said.

“Very possible,” John said. Rosie wandered over and tried climbing on the sofa, getting very close before losing her footing. Sherlock smirked and reached over to lift her up onto the cushion next to him.

“Sorry, tiny Watson. It was a sad excuse for an outing.”

“Look at her—she doesn’t care about the park,” John said. “She just wants to be your sidekick.”

“Never underestimate the value of a good sidekick,” Sherlock said.

Massage—78

“How long before you just collapse?” John asked, looking up over the top of his newspaper.

“What are you talking about?” Sherlock snapped.

“You, you stubborn git. I’m wondering how long you can keep working like this before you pass out.”

HuhhGNSHHHoo! HUHHSNGSHHoo!

“Tissues!” John yelled as the detective sneezed openly towards the floor.

“I’b huh Uhh…I’b out,” he stuttered before at least cupping his hands over his face. huhhIGHSHHHoo! uh HuhIhhGNSTSHHoo!

“Bless you,” John said, getting up from his chair and going to the hall closet to get another box of tissues. In truth, he did feel bad for his friend. Sherlock had been fighting a rotten cold for over a week now and he didn’t seem much better than he had at the beginning. He tore the top off the new box of tissues and pulled three out, handing them Sherlock. The detective blew his nose like he was angry at it which only triggered a bout of coughing. John frowned and patted him between the shoulder blades. “Please sit down, Sherlock. You sound terrible.”

“I’m fide.”

“Yeah, less arguing, more sitting.”

Sherlock didn’t put up much resistance and settled into his chair with a sniffle. John put a hand on each arm of the chair and leaned down so he was in Sherlock’s face.

“I know you’re bored and I know you don’t feel well, but you have to rest. Pacing holes in the floor, playing the violin until 2am, and researching cold cases is not what your body needs.” Sherlock didn’t openly argue and that was about the best John could hope for. He stood up and surveyed his miserable looking friend. “Now,” John said. “What I can get you?” Sherlock sighed and massaged his aching forehead.

“Don’t suppose you could just sedate me for three or four days?”

“Probably not.”

“Tea?”

“More likely.”

“Blanket?”

“Of course.”

“Tihh—ihhUhh…”

“On it,” John said, dropping the box of tissues in Sherlock’s lap.

IhhGNSHHHoo! huhIHHSNGSHHoo!

“Bless you. How about some cold medicine too?”

“Thag you, John.”

Yay for Sherlock and John!

21 minutes ago, matilda3948 said:

“Go check on him, Watson. I’ll be right back.”

Awww, cute!

“God no,” John said. The two friends looked at each other for a moment and then both laughed.

LOL

“Sleep well, Watsons.”

Awww!

22 minutes ago, matilda3948 said:

Apparently his poker face was lacking though because Sherlock gave him a watery-eyed glare. “Shut up.”

“I didn’t say anything.”

“You were thinking it.”

“Yeah, suppose I was.”

LOL!

22 minutes ago, matilda3948 said:

The final few blocks back to Baker Street had been hell—he couldn’t take more than ten steps before he had to pause and sneeze.

Poor Sherlock!

23 minutes ago, matilda3948 said:

“God, it hit you hard,” John said with surprise.

Indeed. Mmmm.

“Sorry, tiny Watson. It was a sad excuse for an outing.”

Cute.

“Yeah, less arguing, more sitting.”

LOL. Love authoritative!John.

Aww! These are all wonderful!!!

Okay Sherlock calling Rosie “tiny Watson” is the cutest thing I’ve read in a long time. 

On 3/8/2018 at 3:12 AM, Subtly Clashing Wishes said:

Okay Sherlock calling Rosie “tiny Watson” is the cutest thing I’ve read in a long time. 

Seconded.

On 07/03/2018 at 7:34 PM, matilda3948 said:

“Do you, um, want to talk about it?”

You write them so well!!! (Sigh.:blushsmiley:)

I really like our favorite duo with little Rosie, but my favorite is the last drabble. I mean, I could literally quote the whole piece. But what I preferred was probably:

On 07/03/2018 at 7:34 PM, matilda3948 said:

“Don’t suppose you could just sedate me for three or four days?”

:D:D:D

I am also in love with "tiny Watson", and I like that he watch her try to reach her goal on her own, and only helped out when he saw she needed it.

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2017 at 11:03 PM, matilda3948 said:

“Mycroft should have called me days ago,” he said with a sigh. “What good is it being literal ‘Big Brother’ if he misses something this obvious?”

“It’s not Mycroft’s job to force me to see a doctor,” Lestrade said, his voice hitching rapidly.

huh uhh Huhh RahhhGNDTSCHHHoo! huhhRahhhDGSHHoo!

“Bless you, Greg,” Sherlock said, handing over more tissues.

“Thags.” He turned his head and blew his nose, careful not to trigger more coughing. “You don’t need to worry, you know,” he added.

“Who says I’m worried?” Sherlock asked.

Even after all this time, I would love to see the confrontation between the two brothers, and some Mycroft doting.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally getting around to catching up on my Marvel movies, which means finally reading your Dr. Strange fics (and your Ragnarok one)! I love them! ❤️

Archived