Sneeze Fetish Forum

Chester Bennington (tw: suicide)

PuddinPop

I just saw the news.. 

I am honestly heartbroken. I never thought I would feel this way about a celebrity passing. I was sad when The Rev (Avenged Sevenfold) tragically died aged 29, but... 

Linkin Park were the first band I ever truly adored, and those that know me know that music is my absolute life, so they were a huge part of my life. They were a gateway into my rebellion as a teen, a channel for me to express myself, and an understanding of what I was going through. They helped me heal through bad break ups, and to cope with my own demons growing up.

He was the first celebrity love I had at the age of either 11 or 12. Not just a crush; I loved him. Everything about him. His general demeanour, his attitude, and his voice.. It still haunts me, even when I listed to it now. 

He struggled a lot with his life; that much was clear from the words he wrote and sang. It's so utterly tragic. I wish he'd been able to get help instead of thinking this was the only way out. 

Goddamit. I don't even know what to say. What a beautiful soul, taken far too soon. My love and thoughts are with his friends and family, especially the five children he left behind. Damn...

Clutching my cure
I tightly lock the door
I try to catch my breath again
I hurt much more
Than anytime before
I had no options left again.....

Oh god.

I don't even have words. I love Linkin Park as well. God damnit. I hope he found peace.

Damn..this is tragic and sad beyond words. I've always been a massive fan of Linkin' Park and this hurts. I hope he's at peace and my condolences go out to his family, friends, and band mates..

I JUST saw the news and came here to start the same topic. It's devastating. He always seemed to be struggling with something, but it made his music so relatable. I think you speak for a lot of people in our generation; I also grew up with LP and their songs got me through some hellish times in my adolescence. It's sad that he helped so many people and maybe even turned some of them away from the very thing that took his life with his music. It's just awful and I'm hurting for his family and those who loved him.

Rest easy, dude. :

OH GOD NO NONNONONO FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I can't Puds I KNOW YOU'D NEVER LIE BUT PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE LYING

I couldn't believe it when I read it at work. I immediately put Linkin Park on my Spotify and listened for the rest of the day. Hybrid Theory was the album of my entire freshman year of high school. I didn't really have much angst as a teenager, but that music still spoke to me when I was upset. Plus the music was just plain awesome and made me feel like a cool kid.

I read earlier that he spoke out years ago about sexual abuse he suffered as a child, and that he spent his later years battling drug and alcohol addiction. Dude had a difficult life but still spent it making music for the people of the world. Linkin Park has a new album, they were meant to start their album tour soon. He has six children. I'm so sad for them.

Apparently it's also Chris Cornell's birthday, which is just unreal. They were good friends apparently.

My local alt rock station has been obviously playing a lot of Linkin Park. They posted on their FB page that they'd be continuing all weekend and told listeners to call in and share their favorite memories and songs and said "We'll get through this together." I thought that was such a wonderful gesture to everyone whos having such a hard time with this.

I tried listening to Shadow Of The Day and I couldn't.

I've been listening to Minutes to Midnight a lot over the past few days. It's chilling, but also beautiful.