Sneeze Fetish Forum

A Cliche Scenario Right Before My Eyes

Ali Marie

All right guys, this story is actually took place a couple of weeks ago. I have been so busy, preparing to go back to school for a Bachelors degree & continuing my musical endeavors; I'm sorry that I didn't post this sooner. But don't worry the details are still really crisp in my mind because of how cliche the whole thing was. :bleh:

The band that I sing back up for released their debut EP in late July, on an evening that ended up having quite a bit of rain. We avoided it the best we could but when we decided to celebrate afterwards by getting Mexican food at the local downtown food truck (Weird, right?) getting wet was pretty much the only option if you didn't bother to bring an umbrella. (I thankfully always carry a compact umbrella in my purse.) 

My bandmate\boss, known on this site as The Rock & Roll God...Did not bring an umbrella & was soaking wet by the time I had  arrived because he had already placed his order. I scolded him immediately as soon as I was in appropriate scolding range. "Crazy! You're just standing out here getting rained on? Come get under the umbrella." His response was a very nonchalant, "I'm fine."

This food truck has a covered porch dining area as well as indoor dining booths, so once arrived they were nice enough so send someone back to take orders inside but the damage had already been done. Mr. Rock God was soaked.

As we were waiting around for our food (Mind you, it's already Midnight.) reminiscing on the night's success, my focus immediately shifts when The Rock God, as he keeps pinching & rubbing at his nose. It seems really red & he's sniffling a lot. I'm trying really hard not to stare but then he announces, "I apologize. I'm about be inappropriate & blow my nose in public." Now he's got my full attention but doesn't even realize it. He pluck a brown paper napkin up from the dispenser on the table & gives his nose a quiet, dry sounding blow.

"I quit the band!" Our new Bassist joked, standing up the table & moving away from The Rock & Roll God. (Our former bassist quit, literally out of nowhere. He started talking smack & just quit via text message. Hence the joke.)

"You quit because I blew my nose in public?" Rock God plays along, chuckling. "I don't blame you."

He grabs another brown paper napkin to blow his nose again & I can't help but think that it must feel really uncomfortable but I don't have the guts to offer him a Kleenex from my purse. Also, he must have noticed me gawking because he kept making goofy faces, trying to get me to laugh as he balled up the used napkins.  :oops:

"That's what I get for not getting under the umbrella, huh?" The Rock God said as he swooped in to give me a final goodbye hug. "Uh...Y-yeah, S-sure is." I was stammering like an idiot because the whole time because my brain was screaming over the whole ridiculously cliche occurrence.

I mean, you should have seen him, all soaking wet with his drenched black curls plastered to his face as he prodded endlessly at his nose. The statement before hand was enjoyable enough. I've never actually heard somebody use the phrasing I'm going to be inappropriate & blow my nose in public. So polite! Something about that just made me melt. :wubsmiley:

But it was SO cliche! Someone blowing their nose while completely soaked from the rain? Yummy indeed! But how often does that actually happen? My head was kind of spinning. 

I think the myth of getting sick from being in the rain has been busted, right? Was it just a coincidence or do you guys have a theory about why this cliche took place?

Well the myth that got busted was that rain itself causes you to get sick but you can still get sick from being in the rain cause it makes your body colder and if you were warm before, the drastic changes can weaken your body's defences especially if you're already tired.  This is an amazing obs though omg so cliche!!

OMG, this sounds like a dream! You are so lucky! I agree, it's like the stars aligned and this hurt/comfort cliche was laid at your feet. I applaud you for keeping it together. I probably would have melted.

Archived