Sneeze Fetish Forum

What word(s) do you overuse?

MysteryGirl

In my case, there are far too many, but just to name a few:

"What The Fudge?"

Crud

"What The Hey?"

Cool

".... And A Half" (that's a staircase and a half, it's ridiculous!)

What are some of yours? Add context if you feel it is needed :) 

Oh boy! *rubs hands together* Here we go:

- "Holy Sh*t!"

- "Son of a biscuit burner!"

- "Crap!"

- "Dude."

- "Dang nabit!"

- "My man/dude."

- "Gosh darnit!"

- "Sup?"

- "Guuuurl!"

- "Ah f*ck!"

Funny this topic pops up now as I've recently been trying to trim the worst of them from my writing!

Writing:  probably, quite (I'm a fecker for this one!), very, even, possibly, and a lot of words like that.  Including "a lot".

Speaking: Dude, totally, awesome, righteous, super, freaking, sweet.  I would have thought those all placed me firmly as being stuck in the 90s but the Internet says "righteous" is from the 70s which is before my time so I'm not even sure where it came from but I say it sometimes several times a day, depending on how righteous and totally freaking sweet a day I'm having, dude.

Specific to fetish writing: harsh.  It's like I know no other adjective for a sneeze or cough.

Fuck(ing)

Check!

He toch!

Ach heden!

Dude

There's probably more but I can't think of them right now :D 

In speaking:

Cool

Um

And in texting:

Lol

Aww

I think its mostly from either shyness or not knowing what to say.

In writing/texting: seem(s)/(ing)/(ed), somewhat, rather, just, aaahhh, wow.

Whilst speaking: like, fair, damn, just, absolute/absolutely, so yeah, you got this, oh my gosh, aww no, it was magical!, it went well, it was a mess/I'm a mess/my life is a mess. :lol:

speaking: eigentlich (=actually) and wahrscheinlich (=likely/probably)

writing: a lot of verbs like seem, look, say... and of course, words like cough, sniffle, and sneeze. :lol:

All of them. :lol: 

I am very fond of words like really, actually, basically, seriously, truly... if it ends with -ly, I'll probably overuse it. :P I have an unfortunate love affair with all kinds of adverbs and enhancers. It could be because I tend to experience things very intensely, so I need to emphasise it so others understand on which level things are. :lol: Also "like", "kinda" and "sorta", because everything is relative. :yay: 

I say "awesomesauce" way too often for my own good. My go-to curse is "Jesus fuck", apologies to those I offend by that. All in all, I curse a lot.

Well, I have young children, so I say the word 'no' about 700 times a day.

Other than that...

that's awesome 

nice

oh hell no

ah, crap

really?

I'll talk to ya (when saying 'bye')

And I guess I probably say 'shit' a lot. And 'fuck'. Or a combination of the two, if I'm really mad :mad3:  For example, if an inanimate objects pisses me off (like my crappy phone, or a pointy object lying around the house that I just stepped on),  I might call it a ''f***ing piece of s***', or something along those lines. (I've actually been trying to tone down the swearing a bit,  but not much progress has been made so far :lol:)

something like that

pretty much

I guess

Okay

sort of

Kind of

...or something

as far as texting goes:

"Omg"

"Lmao"

"Ew"

"Mkay"

"Kms"

Reality:

"Whatever"

"Oh wow."

"Really?"

"Bruh"

"Fucking hell, mate"

"I mean.."

I'm pretty sarcastic :lol:

For me it's using the word so... all the time. I need to say something new after silence? So...

Also instead of yes or no, I often say maybe or perhaps, or any other iteration, which helps no-one, least of all me.

I can't really think of words I overuse right now, but probably:

okay

alrighty

life sucks or kill me now (depending on the day, sometimes both)

literally

do you mind?!?

probably

i don't know

ughh

dude

bruh

But my favorite word right now is denouement because it's fun to pronounce and everyone pronounces it a little differently :lol:

On 15-8-2017 at 8:34 PM, March Hare said:

Ach heden!

Damn, I haven't heard anyone say this in years. I like it though! :D

As for me:

Damn

Coolio (occasionally paired with finger guns) or regular cool

Dude!

I mean...

So yeah...

Actually...

And a couple of varieties of 'bloody/fucking hell' and 'jesus christ'

I'm surprised everyone is so self-aware with this sort of thing! I know that I'm very impressionable when it comes to slang; it doesn't matter where it came from, if I hear/read something and it strikes me the right way, I'll end up saying it. :lol: I don't really notice my own verbal habits unless they're pointed out, but here are a few that HAVE been:

I say "no worries" and "right on" constantly at work. The latter, I definitely picked up from an old work-buddy who in turn picked it up from her hippie parents, I assume.

I've been saying "killer" as a substitute for "cool/good" lately, which I don't think has ever been in-fashion during my lifetime, so I don't know where I heard it RECENTLY, but I feel it flying out of my mouth SEVERAL times a day, at this point. :rofl: 

"Sinister"/"feral"/"wild"/"disgraceful" and a few others that are so evocative on their own, but I say them in excess to describe things that... really aren't that dire.

Everyone loves to point out that I punctuate with "right away" all the time, for emphasis, when it's totally unnecessary to do so, e.g. "My homophobic co-worker will not stop talking to me lately. Hope she falls in a bog... right away," or "I need to go eat a disgraceful amount of noodles... right away."

I dunno, I think people's verbal habits are so charming, so I love seeing what everyone's been saying lately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've just noticed one I've been doing to death lately and I can't decide whether to embrace it or try to kill it.  "Spoiler alert..." pointlessly in everyday conversation.  For example:  "I meant to do the dishes before I went to bed.  Spoiler alert: I didn't."  it's awful but also I love it.

Similarly I seem to have the same affinity for saying "full disclosure" like "Full disclosure: I just had four cups of coffee so I'm pretty wired."

I don't know where I pick these up and I'm sure everyone around me is sick of hearing them.

Oh and "not firing on all cylinders".  I used that phrase for a specific character in writing but then I started using it as well and it has stuck.  Same thing happened with ending a sentence with "sooo..." and not articulating the final thought.

• 2 weeks later...

There are too many for me to count! But if I had to narrow it down, probably:

While Speaking:

Oh my god!

uh-huh

yeah 

I know right?

Hmmm

Thats so interesting!

wow 

While texting:

omg

lol

lmaoo

wtf

ugh

Usually I say these when I’m not paying attention to what people are saying(for the speaking part) which happens a lot since I cannot stay focused for the life of me and need to say things to make it look like I actually understand what’s going on...:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly:

Moist (I love how much it annoys one of my friends)

skerrrtttt (courtesy of my brother always saying it, leading to me saying it too)

Ugh (the one word I use to describe life)

oof (courtesy of this kid in my Journalism class)

now that I think about it, I must sound pretty annoying. I only really say this crap around family and some friends though.

Archived