Sneeze Fetish Forum

Barduil Drabbles (M/M, The Hobbit)

RemedyBane

Following some prompts I saw on Tumblr.. this is gonna be interesting 

https://whump-me-up-scotty.tumblr.com/post/163254384427/sickfic-prompts

1) 99.9% Immunity - (character) never gets sick, right? Wrong.

Bard walked through Mirkwood with Thranduil by his side. Bard had insisted on getting a tour of the forest, and won by saying he would go anyway. Thranduil was worried he would get lost or killed by spiders, so he reluctantly walked with him. Bard was confused as to why he wouldn’t want to go, but just assumed he was exhausted from all he meetings and work he had been doing lately. Just because he doesn’t need to sleep, doesn’t mean he doesn’t need rest. 

As they were walking along the path, Thranduil paused and starred off into the tree line. Bard turned around, “What’s wrong? Spiders?”

Thranduil held up a hand, telling him to wait or stay their. Bard wasn’t quite sure. Bard watched Thranduil stiffen and put a hand in his pocket. Bard saw what looked like a handkerchief come out of his pocket, did he always have one with him?

Thranduil brought it to his face, “hih’TZZDCCH.” The sneeze bent him over slightly and the volume of it made some squirrels run from trees and birds fly. Bard jumped out of his skin.

“Galu.” Bard raised an eyebrow. Thinking nothing of it, Bard continued down the path. 

Thranduil and Bard had been together for five years now, and in that time Bard has had thirteen colds, eleven allergy attacks, two flus, and one really bad food poisoning, not that Thranduil was counting. But not once had Thranduil fallen ill, and he had planned to keep it that way. 

Thranduil wanted to thank him but was preoccupied with more sneezing, “hih’TDSSSZCH! hih.hiih’.TDSSZCH’ue.” he sniffed and rubbed his nose, pocketing the handkerchief. 

“gals, Are you alright?” Bard looked worried and moved to touch his arm. 

Thranduil mumbled to himself with a grimace, “always in threes.” 

“what?” Bard’s hand laid gently on his arm.

“Forgive me.” Thranduil clearing his throat and straightened up further, “I am alright.” 

Bard jumped a bit when the glamour faulted, giving away that something was wrong. “Thran-“ Bard took his chin in his hand, “What’s wrong?” 

“nothing, meleth nîn.” (my love) Thranduil gave a small smile to try to reassure Bard, but it failed when he winced as the glamour faulted again. 

“Do not lie to me! what is happening?” Bard held his face in his hands and pulled away when his finger touched the back of Thranduil’s ear. “What? Why is the back of your ear so hot?” 

Thranduil sighed and took Bard’s hand, “We do not show our temperature like you humans do,-“ He brought them to the back of his ear again, “This is were we show fever..” 

“fever… You’re sick? I thought you couldn’t get sick.” Bard’s eyes showed worry and guilt which made Thranduil want to shrink away. 

He never wanted Bard to see him sick, “forgive me.. but I have not been honest with you, this day.” Bard raised an eyebrow, egging thranduil on. “I had wished to never become ill in your lifetime.” Thranduil coughed lightly into his fist, turned away from Bard, “We can get sick, but does not happen often. The last time I was sick, was 103 years ago.” 

Bard shook off the shock of the age gap and focused on Thranduil’s health, “You should have told me. We are heading back now.” 

Bard moved to turn back when Thranduil caught him and held him close, “You are panicked without reason.” HE kissed him, “I am still well enough for this. You are only here a short while, I do not wish to waste it.” 

“Any time spent with you, is not a waste of time.” Bard pushed Thranduil’s hair back and smiled, “I find no pleasure in your suffering and would be much happier to see you in bed-“ Thranduil’s smirk, “- Resting.” 

He sighed again, “Only if you lay with me.” 

“Of course.” He smirked, “I might even have to extend my stay, with you being ill and all. It’s an emergency.” 

“You are dearly needed here.” Thranduil kissed him again. 

“Great.” Bard took his hand and turned back towards his castle. 

As they walked back Thranduil took the handkerchief out, “HID’TSZCH…hiih..hih’TSSZCH!” He sniffed and rubbed his nose, waiting for the inevitable which would not come out. Bard stood on his tip toes and kissed Thranduil’s nose, “hiiiih’TSSSZCCH’ue!” 

“Galu.” Bard smiled “Always in threes.” 

Thranduil nodded, “always in threes.” They headed back to the castle, hand in hand. 

https://whump-me-up-scotty.tumblr.com/post/163254384427/sickfic-prompts

2)Elephant in the Room - (character) is sick, but for some reason - rank, personality, etc - no one is talking about it

Modern Au where Thranduil is the CEO of a company called Mirkwood, and Bard is the boyfriend and does not work for the company. Legolas is the COO, and Tauriel is the Assistant. 

Bard knew something was off with Thranduil the moment he woke up to an empty bed. Usually Thranduil wakes Bard up with a kiss and a cup of coffee, but neither of those things happened today and there was a note on the nightstand. It read, “Had to go to work early, wanted to let you sleep in.” There was no smell of coffee nor anything in the sink, meaning he didn’t eat breakfast. He always had a piece of fruit or just a cup of coffee. Nothing, meant trouble. 

During his lunch break, Bard decided to go down to the office and make sure Thranduil was ok, and was eating. It was nagging at him all day, how the sink was empty. He walked through the building and suddenly felt very exposed. People looked at him and quickly looked away. It seemed like everyone was avoiding him and hiding.

He pulled aside, Legolas, His step son and COO of the company, “Hey, kiddo.” He smiled and hugged Legolas, “Have you seen your dad?” 

Legolas’s smile dropped to a worried frown, “he should be in his office.”

“what’s wrong?”

“nothing.” He put up a smile. He looked around at people trying not to eaves drop, “You should go see him.” Legolas patted Bard’s arm and went into the elevator. 

Bard, more confused and worried than before, speed walked to his secretary’s desk, “Tauriel, How are you?”

She sighed heavily and put the phone down, “I’m hanging in there. How are you?” 

“i’m fine, thank you. Can I go in?” He moved his head to the door. 

“ya.. Maybe you can talk some sense into him. Elrond’s been in there for an hour.” Tauriel scribbled down whatever note the previous phone call was about and buzzed to Let Thranduil know someone was coming, “it’s the bae.” 

Bard chuckled at the nickname. He entered the room just as Thranduil was finished rolling his eyes at Tauriel’s introduction. Elrond sighed and sat down. 

Once Bard got a look at Thranduil, his heart dropped and he let the door close, “oh love.. Why didn’t you tell me you were sick?”

Thranduil glared at Elrond, who had his eyebrows raised and a smirk as if he’d won something, “He would know! He is my husband!” He rolled his eyes again and massaged his temples. 

“I’m missing something?” Bard came to stand behind Thranduil and massaged his shoulders.

“Maybe you can convince him to take a Day off.” Elrond, the Chairman of the board and oldest friend of Thranduil’s, looked at Bard with pleading eyes, “You are the only person in this building besides myself with the guts to tell him. He looks awful.” 

Thranduil grunted, looking offended. Bard kissed his head, “You’re always beautiful, but you do look under the weather.” 

Thranduil threw his hands up in anguish, “I’m fine.” He stood up and walked around his desk, pacing in front, “I am perfectly capable of doing my job.” 

“No one says you aren’t.” Elrond gave a little smile, “but you’re scaring your workers.” 

“No one said that.” Thranduil rolled his eyes. Bard kept tell him one day his eyes will get stuck like  that. 

“That’s because you’re the boss.” 

“exactly, and if they want to keep their job, they’ll keep their noses out of my business.” 

“Thranduil!” Bard looked disappointed and crossed his arms, “don’t be cruel.” 

“I am not…being..hih..cr’hih…” Thranduil ducked into his jacket to half stifle sneezes. He always stifled his sneezes at the office. He didn’t want to be too loud, “hih’Nggggt’ah….hiiih’nxxxt’Chiew..” He sniffed and Bard came over to rub his back. Bard hated when he stifled, it sounded painful. “HIH’NGGT’iiew” 

“Galu.” Elrond sighed and his shoulder’s sagged, “Thranduil, as your oldest friend, please take the rest of the day off and tomorrow off. You need your rest.” 

Bard wrapped an arm around his waist and kissed his cheek, “If you don’t rest now, it will only get worse and turn into something more serious.” 

Thranduil, who still looked like he needed to sneeze, nodded, “HIg’—-‘chiew.” He leaned against Bard a bit, “you win.” 

Bard’s heart melted and he kissed his cheek, “Think you can make it to the car?” 

“i’m ill, not on my deathbed.” He sniffed and straightened up. “elrond..”

“tell everyone you're taking a personal day. Don’t worry, Legolas and I will handle it. Go rest.” Elrond practically shooed them out the door. “I don’t want to see you till Thursday.” At that they left the building, somehow not meeting anyone in the hallway or any eyes over the cubicles. Bard let out a sigh of relief as they reached the car and drove home. 

3 hours ago, RemedyBane said:

Thranduil and Bard had been together for five years now, and in that time Bard has had thirteen colds, eleven allergy attacks, two flus, and one really bad food poisoning, not that Thranduil was counting. But not once had Thranduil fallen ill, and he had planned to keep it that way. 

No. Not that he was counting. Not at all. Haha

The AU was interesting. Certainly very far from the environment we are used to seeing these characters in.

I was so excited to see this! I was just thinking I could use some Barduil. LOL. The first one is sweet. The AU is hilarious! I love the premise. Too funny.

Archived