Sneeze Fetish Forum

Self-Obs, Home Sick Today (V-Warning)

GG Lewis

So, Last Sunday, I started coming down with a cold. I was like, “Oh, if I just rest, I should be able to avoid getting completely sick. My immune system is strong. I’ve got this.” Oh, how wrong I was.

I went to work every day this week, because I’m one of those people who refuses to take a sick day unless I’m projectile vomiting. I’m a preschool assistant, so going to work is basically like bathing in germs. Preschoolers do not know how to cover their mouths. All week, I kept feeling worse, but I was like, I can make it!

Cut to yesterday (Friday) morning. I’m rushing out of the house. I’m so congested, and my sinuses are draining down the back of my throat. As I’m rushing to catch the bus, I choke and gag on the gunk in my throat, causing me to puke down the front of my shirt. You know what happens when you throw up while walking? You aspirate and then you can’t breathe, and it hurts like hell. After several panicky and breathless moments, I have to rush back home, change shirts and then rush back out, past a puddle of my own puke, to catch the bus. On the bright side: I was only seven minutes late to work.

As I spent the morning assisting 4-year-olds on the autism spectrum who really don’t want to sit still for circle time, my chest and throat ached and burned from being attacked by acid. As the day wore on, I started to feel feverish, and aches and chills ran through my body. A social was planned for teachers after school, but by the end of the day I was like, sorry guys, I’m out. Feeling light-headed, I dragged myself to the grocery store to stock up on soup, tea, tissues and donuts (I earned a treat). Then I finally caved and treated myself to a Lyft home from the grocery store.

I resisted faceplanting into my mattress long enough to put away groceries, change into pajamas and heat up soup and tea, and now I’m lying in bed, unable to breathe through my nose.

I’m hoping that if I spend the weekend in bed I can get better just in time to…go back to work on Monday. Adulthood sucks.

My head hurts, my throat hurts, my nose hurts, my glands hurt. I’m also oddly sneezy, and everytime I sneeze it hurts and makes my head buzz a bit. Or it makes me fart. Or both. Also, I’m all by myself. :( My roommate is at her boyfriend’s for the weekend, so there’s no one to snuggle with, not that anyone would want to snuggle with me right now anyway. It’s a cruel irony that when you’re the grossest and germiest is when you most want someone to just crawl under the covers with you and hold you. My only company is my roommate’s insane cat who stole and devoured one of my donuts earlier this evening. He’s probably going to puke it up later, and then I’ll have to clean it up.

When I burst back into my apartment yesterday morning mere minutes after departing, covered in my own barf, my roommate was like, “Um, maybe you should stay home today.” I was all, “No, I’m fine!” I didn’t want to call off literally fifteen minutes before I was supposed to be at work, and I figured that the throwing up didn’t count since it wasn’t from a stomach virus, it was just from mucus. I’m starting to think that maybe my roommate had a point.

Now, it's Saturday. Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday, and I wanted to go out and celebrate today, but now I'm stuck at home alone, with no one to take care of me. I love being taken care of when I'm sick, and it never happens to me! I get sick at least two times a year, and I can only think of two times ever that someone has taken care of me. My mom stopped caretaking once I got to high school. She got very burnt out by being a single mom and doesn't really have much left in the empathy tank, so I can't even call her to whine. My current roommate is really sweet about making me soup, but, as I mentioned before, she's at her boyfriend's for the weekend.

Hopefully, confining myself to home for the day will banish this cold, though. I'm feeling pretty tired, and every time I sneeze my whole rib cage and back ache, so I'm hoping that this isn't going to turn into bronchitis or something. That's the last thing I need.

I hope you enjoyed this obs! Let me know if you want me to post updates, as I read books in my bed and refill my humidifier. Also, feel better soon messages make my heart glow!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh no...that's terrible!! Actually I feel really bad for you, and I feel for you when you say adulthood sucks...when kids get sick, they just get to let go of everything and hide under the blankets while mummy takes care of them. When we get sick as an adult, and living alone....I don't know, I just get scared I won't be able to go out shopping and cook for myself, or just get up and do the basic stuff I need to do to get through the day.

More growing up to do to feel secure!

Hope you're feeling better now

Archived