Sneeze Fetish Forum

Writing RP Style?

Shay

For the last couple of years, I really haven't had much motivation to write outside of one on one RPs. I'm not really sure why this is, but maybe I just feel less overwhelmed that way because I'm only responsible for half the story, am only expected to write in relatively small chunks at a time, and really only have one other person as my audience. It's also nice to have another person to help with story planning.

I've been toying with the idea of trying to roleplay with myself where I'd just write in small chunks and make sure I keep alternating the perspective to the different characters(something I tend to do a fair amount in solo writing anyway). I'm just concerned that I'll have just as much trouble getting into it as solo writing because it won't be the same as actually RPing with someone. In an actual RP, even if we do some planning ahead of time, I often don't know exactly how the other person is going to respond, so it keeps things interesting and is almost like doing improv.

Has anyone here ever tried writing in an RP type style by themselves? If so, did you feel more motivated to write that way, or did you just end up feeling ridiculous?

I've had a lot of success writing stories in smaller increments, and showing it to an enthusiastic beta reader every 500 words for commentary. That way it keeps me motivated to write at a reasonable pace, and having someone to bounce ideas off of is really encouraging and breaks up the process in a really fun way.

That's really awesome that you have a great beta like that. I'd probably be really self conscious about bugging someone that often about my writing unless it was clear that they were super enthusiastic about what I was writing.

Archived