Sneeze Fetish Forum

Anxiety with your kink

Show&tell

So I've struggled with anxiety before and after embracing my kink. This forum and my partner have helped, but it's been quite crippling in the past.  Everything from the fear of being discovered by friends and family, all the way to performance anxiety when making videos or forum posts.  

I suppose I am hoping for tricks, tips and techniques from all of you in regards to how feel comfortable and overcome these issues. I have fun with all of this, but it would be even more healthy ifbi could eliminate some of the baggage.  

How have you all managed to embrace or overcome these issues?

To be honest Show&Tell that really comes with accepting the fetish as part of yourself, and there's no real trick or tip there I don't think. Lol...I am old enough to remember a time before any of the sneeze fetish sites existed and the feelings that I must be some sort of random oddity, almost a deep seated sense of shame, now it's just part of me and I embrace it. When it comes to being found it, just know it is EXTREMELY unlikely unless your family or friends make a habit of scouring your internet history. It's also why most people who do recordings and post them in public spaces like Youtube etc. don't show their face or just record sound, but even still it is still very unlikely that anyone you know will see a recording. Just think in terms of cold, hard statistics, it's very rare that cold, hard stats are comforting, but in cases like anxiety about being discovered as a fetishist, they actually are. The chances of being located by accident are minute. In this case, maths helps. ;)

In terms of anxiety about recordings and forum posts, the most important thing I find is that if you do a recording, do it for yourself, because you feel like putting something out there. Don't worry about how many views, or whether anyone comments or anything like that, chances are someone enjoyed it, and if that's the case you've given someone a happy thought. Even if you never know it, chances are it's happened. That's a nice thing you've done, whether for a stranger or a person you know. Just think of it like that. With forum posts, again, it's a matter of not getting too hung up on responses etc. Within the rules, the forum is a place to talk about things and interact, whether they be fetishy or off topic. You don't have to be all things to all people, just be yourself, there are a lot of people, including your partner, that is more than good enough for. I'm not sure if that's the sort of thoughts you are looking for or if it helps any., but there you go...

15 hours ago, Enkidoom said:

To be honest Show&Tell that really comes with accepting the fetish as part of yourself, and there's no real trick or tip there I don't think. Lol...I am old enough to remember a time before any of the sneeze fetish sites existed and the feelings that I must be some sort of random oddity, almost a deep seated sense of shame, now it's just part of me and I embrace it. When it comes to being found it, just know it is EXTREMELY unlikely unless your family or friends make a habit of scouring your internet history. It's also why most people who do recordings and post them in public spaces like Youtube etc. don't show their face or just record sound, but even still it is still very unlikely that anyone you know will see a recording. Just think in terms of cold, hard statistics, it's very rare that cold, hard stats are comforting, but in cases like anxiety about being discovered as a fetishist, they actually are. The chances of being located by accident are minute. In this case, maths helps. ;)

In terms of anxiety about recordings and forum posts, the most important thing I find is that if you do a recording, do it for yourself, because you feel like putting something out there. Don't worry about how many views, or whether anyone comments or anything like that, chances are someone enjoyed it, and if that's the case you've given someone a happy thought. Even if you never know it, chances are it's happened. That's a nice thing you've done, whether for a stranger or a person you know. Just think of it like that. With forum posts, again, it's a matter of not getting too hung up on responses etc. Within the rules, the forum is a place to talk about things and interact, whether they be fetishy or off topic. You don't have to be all things to all people, just be yourself, there are a lot of people, including your partner, that is more than good enough for. I'm not sure if that's the sort of thoughts you are looking for or if it helps any., but there you go...

Thank you very much for your reply. It did actually help.  I especially like the "happy thought" part.  Sounds like something Bob Ross would say/feel. :)

Basically as you explore and understand more, you will probably find the anxiety melting away on its own It's kind of Zen and the art of the Sneeze Fetish...lol. Don't try to throw away all the baggage in one go, just unpack it naturally, in its own time. If you try to go too fast, you'll just end up stressing.

I don't really have a ton of advice because I can relate to the anxiety quite a bit. Certain family members found out (my stash of tissues/chhinkini) and while no one has said anything to me I still feel super weird about it. I feel like finding this forum and creating an account and starting to post and talk about it with others has been a big first step. 

Archived